Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.

The kind of birthday present that you pretend to like out of politeness then bitch about afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

"Ive met her and she seemed cool," the penultimate invalidator of any and all allegations of wrongdoing

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
http://dangolding.tumblr.com/post/95985875943/the-end-of-gamers

quote:

The battles (and I don’t use that word lightly; in some ways perhaps ‘war’ is more appropriate) to make safe spaces for videogame cultures are long and they are resisted tempestuously, but through the pain and suffering of people who have their friendships, their personal lives, and their professions on the line, things continue to improve. The result has been a palpable progressive shift.
zoe quinn is the rosa parks of our age

quote:

On some level, the grim individuals who are self-centred and myopic enough to be upset at the prospect of having their medium taken away from them are absolutely right. They have astutely, and correctly identified what is going on here. Their toys are being taken away, and their treehouses are being boarded up. Videogames now live in the world and there is no going back.

I am convinced that this marks the end. We are finished here. From now on, there are no more gamers—only players.
THERE IS NO PLACE FOR US IN THIS BRAVE NEW WORLD

chancellor gorkon posted:

You don't trust me, do you? ...I don't blame you. ...If there is to be a Brave New World, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
https://twitter.com/sexyfacts4u/status/504667994543226880 lmao

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

GiantAmazonianOtter posted:

I am a lady but would like to enquire as to whether I can also punch her in the face in the name of patriarchy?

Yeah as long as you scream "Internalize this!" before punching

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

What is gamer culture

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

straight jerkers posted:

What is gamer culture

I'm pretty sure it's a thing people made up to make gaming seem important.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

straight jerkers posted:

What is gamer culture

the n-word

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

quote:

I could tell you stories about the voices we’ve lost, the women we’ve scarred, the people we’ve left behind. I want to, but I’m not sure you’d get it. I tweeted earlier today, We should have a war memorial for all of the women we have lost to this. We should lay flowers and grieve and see our reflections in stone. And I meant it.

Italics in the original.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

quote:

The truth about Zoe Quinn is that every woman in the industry is one unhinged ex-partner away from being Zoe Quinn, and if that doesn’t scare you, there’s no hope for us at all.

Pretty sure if you don't lie to and gaslight the gently caress out of your partner while (by your own judgement) raping them you won't have too much to worry about on that front

Nion
Jun 8, 2008

poptart_fairy posted:

her face is punchable as gently caress

In a world where Phil Fish exists, no other face qualifies as particularly punchable.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

straight jerkers posted:

What is gamer culture

It's that crud you find around the thumbsticks of a gamepad.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

is benghazi better or worse than my uncle who works at nintendo and loves to jack it

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The problem isn't that women have to leave their house due to death threats it is that if they choose to they get all kinds of attention and news articles decrying the oppression they face.

Men on the other hand would be made fun of and called a pussy. The best possible outcome they could expect would be getting ignored. Because of this most men have long since learned to ignore death threats and "man up" as the saying goes.

So it isn't that all women are weak just that the weak ones get attention and the strong get ignored. This creates a narrative that women are overly emotional and attention seeking.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

I just wish to live in a world where abusive female SOs can be as poorly persecuted as their male counterparts

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Haha his apology rules:

He's a mid 20s Youtube personality whose content is video game oriented, not a UN Ambassador, what do you expect of him? What kind of apology would've been acceptable to you?

quote:

"When I said I guess you love the IDF bombing schools I was trying to make a point, sorry you didn't understand that" ~ an apology.

A thing he didn't say, but building up a straw man to argue against is a popular tactic among people who don't actually have any real argument to make.

quote:

Also like I said, she just randomly happened to get dudes saying 'lol go get bombed' right after Jon posted a big crybaby 'wow you hurt me' response to her when his fans were already in a foaming rage about the evil censors online or whatever.

Just like Zoe Quinn and Anita Sarkeesian, how strange. It's almost like the internet is full of poo poo stirrers that anyone can use as an excuse for whatever dumb agenda they want to push.

quote:

Also the main fight came when he called a dude who said 'hey could you not say retarded so much' a retard, I really don't think anyone is legitimately angry he called playstation a retard.

Could be, except the whole part where him calling a gaming service retarded being the start of it is what actually happened. Also, I'm still waiting for you to show me where he told a Palestinian to get bombed. Or was that another straw man?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

XK posted:

He's a mid 20s Youtube personality whose content is video game oriented, not a UN Ambassador, what do you expect of him? What kind of apology would've been acceptable to you?

A thing he didn't say, but building up a straw man to argue against is a popular tactic among people who don't actually have any real argument to make.

Just like Zoe Quinn and Anita Sarkeesian, how strange. It's almost like the internet is full of poo poo stirrers that anyone can use as an excuse for whatever dumb agenda they want to push.

Could be, except the whole part where him calling a gaming service retarded being the start of it is what actually happened. Also, I'm still waiting for you to show me where he told a Palestinian to get bombed. Or was that another straw man?

man this style of post is right out of DnD

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Wow, this thread is now very problematic.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

straight jerkers posted:

What is gamer culture

Insufferable pricks and rape jokes.

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

straight jerkers posted:

What is gamer culture

super mario jack off stories

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Furnok Dorn posted:

super mario jack off stories

mario but grimdark

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

straight jerkers posted:

What is gamer culture

Another word for rape culture.

Also I just realized the username of the guy who sent Anita death threats is called @kdobbsz, with his nickname being Kevin Dobson. The only way that could sound faker would be something like "xXxAnitaRapistxXx"

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

DrPlump posted:

Men on the other hand would be made fun of and called a pussy!!!!!!!

To be honest I'd be really curious to know how this situation would have played out if Quinn had been a dude accused by a jilted ex-girlfriend of being abusive/sleeping with a bunch of lady journalists

Gawker wrote like 82 Max Tempkin articles so it'd be interesting to see how they handled a similar situation only with a bunch of chatlogs and corroboration surrounding it instead of literally nothing

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

horriblePencilist posted:

Also I just realized the username of the guy who sent Anita death threats is called @kdobbsz, with his nickname being Kevin Dobson. The only way that could sound faker would be something like "xXxAnitaRapistxXx"

Check Dubson, convicted ladyrapist

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

:gowron:

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
*shoves a fake tweet into the middle of the table * We're all in for femenism on this tweet. the gamer war... must... end... here

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

loving lol

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

WHERES THE BERF CERTIFICIT

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

lmao these people are retarded.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
I have in my hand a list of threatening tweets I, [[lampooned female game dev]], have received in the last 24 hours.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

it's pretty hosed up that they never pointed out kevin dobson is also an egg

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

I really wanna see a lawyer pulling up these kind of pictures in court.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Rad Tad posted:

it's pretty hosed up that they never pointed out kevin dobson is also an egg

Death Egg Theme.mid

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
yeah nice try anita, we all know you made that account as opposed to one of the hundreds of psychotic videogame nerds who hate you. pssh, women :rolleye:

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

captialization.

Layers man.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Why can't they ever use some reasonable colour?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Why is Dyl Pickles from Rugrats trending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
Sad thing is this community is so loving vitriolic and spiteful on both sides that all of that could be staged and we'd never know :tinfoil:

Who's gonna make the next face-heel turn?

• Locked thread