Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

a nigga who smoke posted:

a lot of people in this thread are clearly lower on Gio than I am, but I figure I'll ask anyway. I've got a tentative offer on the table.

Give: Giovani Bernard, Jordy Nelson
Get: DeMarco Murray, Alshon Jeffery

.5 PPR. I'm high on Nelson and lower on Jeffery, but you all, Evan Silva, and an unimpressive preseason have me thinking that it's a smart move to make.

I wouldn't, has Murray even played a full season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

89 posted:

I know I'm a bit biased towards the Cowboys, but I just don't see the value in DeMarco Murray. High risk pick. He has durability issues. Annnnd, the Cowboys are looking at having the worst defense in the league. So, the Cowboys are gonna pass-pass-pass. Sure, the Cowboys have a top 3 run blocking unit, but they too stupid to run. Even without the Cowboys hate glasses on, because of those issues, I see him as a 3rd round talent. You guys are probably gonna think I'm crazy, but let's just watch this season. Best situation for Murray is if Romo's back gives out and they have to force feed Murray the ball instead of focusing on a passing game because Brandon Weeden is....Brandon Weeden.

Think you're forgetting that Murray is a really good receiving back too

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

a lot of people in this thread are clearly lower on Gio than I am, but I figure I'll ask anyway. I've got a tentative offer on the table.

Give: Giovani Bernard, Jordy Nelson
Get: DeMarco Murray, Alshon Jeffery

.5 PPR. I'm high on Nelson and lower on Jeffery, but you all, Evan Silva, and an unimpressive preseason have me thinking that it's a smart move to make.

I loving love Nelson as much if not more than Jeffery. I also like Bernard over Murray. Big no for me

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
OP updated with latest BeerSheets.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

warcrimes posted:

I wouldn't, has Murray even played a full season?

Last year?

Dayne
Dec 5, 2003
uh, yeah

Gyshall posted:

Last year?

I'm pretty sure he missed a game or two (or was seriously limited) last season. Still, I'd rather have 13 or 14 games of Murray than 15 (or 16 if your league is terrible and plays their championship in Week 17) of some of the other RBs in his tier.

darkspider42
Oct 7, 2004

Best Buy security. You'll have to come with me sir.
Keeper Question - $200 budget can keep 5; PPR - Superflex so defacto 2 QB League but I don't think all of the other owners approach it that way

Tony Romo, Dal QB - $18
Doug Martin, TB RB - $38
Giovani Bernard, Cin RB - $29
Shane Vereen, NE RB - $11
Brandon Marshall, Chi WR - $27
Demaryius Thomas, Den WR - $29

Coby Fleener, Ind TE- $2
Panthers D/ST D/ST - $3
Matt Prater, Den K - $2
Carson Palmer, Ari QB - $2
Jordan Cameron, Cle TE - $11
Joique Bell, Det RB - $5
Andre Ellington, Ari RB - $9
Terrance Williams, Dal WR - $3
Dennis Pitta, Bal TE - $2
Eli Manning, NYG QB - $2
Marcus Lattimore, SF RB - $1

Definitely keeping the bolds - Marshall/Thomas/Ellington ($65 total)

Question on the other 2 slots is up between Martin, Bernard, Vereen, Bell, Cameron and Pita

I'm leaning towards Martin/Vereen but could see Martin/Bernard, Vereen/Bernard

Starting RBs in the league are scarce and tend to get bidded up fast so if I throw Martin back in the pool I don't know if I would get him back @ 38

Thoughts?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I like Bell and Vereen for their value.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Really quick, dumb question but I want to make sure of something because I'm having to manually fix waivers in my league right now.

After the draft everyone is put on waivers for a couple of days. Lets say I put a claim in for someone on waivers, but nobody else claims that guy. Does it burn my priority? Or only when two people claim the same player?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

Best 'special teams' squad? Kick returns and Punt returns only.

This should help.

http://www.365fantasyfootball.com/2012/06/kickpunt-returner-rankings-2012.html

Knock down Tavon Austin accordingly.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Harold Cooplowski posted:

Traded Carson Palmer away for Andy Dalton the day after the draft. Idk why the other guy offered but hey

Because Palmer is probably going to have a better fantasy year than dalton.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

darkspider42 posted:

Keeper Question - $200 budget can keep 5; PPR - Superflex so defacto 2 QB League but I don't think all of the other owners approach it that way

Tony Romo, Dal QB - $18
Doug Martin, TB RB - $38
Giovani Bernard, Cin RB - $29
Shane Vereen, NE RB - $11
Brandon Marshall, Chi WR - $27
Demaryius Thomas, Den WR - $29

Coby Fleener, Ind TE- $2
Panthers D/ST D/ST - $3
Matt Prater, Den K - $2
Carson Palmer, Ari QB - $2
Jordan Cameron, Cle TE - $11
Joique Bell, Det RB - $5
Andre Ellington, Ari RB - $9
Terrance Williams, Dal WR - $3
Dennis Pitta, Bal TE - $2
Eli Manning, NYG QB - $2
Marcus Lattimore, SF RB - $1

Definitely keeping the bolds - Marshall/Thomas/Ellington ($65 total)

Question on the other 2 slots is up between Martin, Bernard, Vereen, Bell, Cameron and Pita

I'm leaning towards Martin/Vereen but could see Martin/Bernard, Vereen/Bernard

Starting RBs in the league are scarce and tend to get bidded up fast so if I throw Martin back in the pool I don't know if I would get him back @ 38

Thoughts?

Romo@18 is incredible value in a 2QB league. Oh, and Martin should definitly fall in value from last year. He was near consensus #2 pick and is now squarly in round 2.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

OP updated with latest BeerSheets.

Were some sheets also taken out? Last week there was a 10 team 1 PPR with only 1 RB sheet, but I don't see one anymore.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
Made my first trade of the season.

Gave: Nick Foles.
Got: Matt Stafford.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So I need to drop 4 players to fill my league's K/DEF/DP/DB slots. It's a 10 team, non-ppr, standard scoring keeper league. (3 starting WR slots though)

Here is my bench:
Toby Gerhart
Joique Bell
Steven Ridley
Wes Welker
Colin Kaepernick
Michael Crabtree
Bernard Pierce
Zach Ertz
Lance Dunbar

The three obvious choices are Dunbar, Ertz, and Pierce. Not sure about who I should let go as the fourth (or maybe just play the first week with no starter at one of the K/DEF/DP/DB slots)? I heard some nonsense about Ridley being cut? If that's true I guess I'd drop him, but I can't see that happening.

Here's my starting roster if it helps:
QB- Matt Ryan
RB- Montee Ball
RB- LeVeon Bell
FLEX- Andre Ellington
WR- Demaryius Thomas
WR- Andre Johnson
WR- Percy Harvin
TE- Martellus Bennett

RCarr fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Aug 28, 2014

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006
All kinds of Gordon stuff:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Per @mortreport to ESPN: WR Josh Gordon will explore the possibility of playing in the Canadian Football League the remainder of the year.

Browns official to @PatMcManamon on Josh Gordon to CFL: "He can’t per his nfl contract…and you can say a source says he can’t…"

Josh Gordon - WR - Browns
Suspended Josh Gordon will not accrue a season toward free agency in 2014.
When a player is suspended for a full year, his contract tolls. So instead of becoming a free agent in 2016, he won't be eligible until 2017. It's a sliver of good news for the Browns, as they'll still have an elite talent under contract cheaply for two seasons. Gordon doesn't turn 24 years old until April.

Axl Rose
Apr 29, 2013
Do y'all think a football guys subscription is worth $20 for the season?

commish
Sep 17, 2009

fariz posted:

I loving love Nelson as much if not more than Jeffery. I also like Bernard over Murray. Big no for me

I can't think of any scenario where I'd take Bernard over Murray. Murray is a legit 3 down back and Bernard is going to be in a time share. What am I missing? I guess there's the injury risk... but I'm not on board the Bernard train at all this year, at least not at that ADP.

Axl Rose posted:

I buy it every year. Love FBG.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Axl Rose posted:

Have you drafted yet? If no then I say go for it because the Draft Dominator Desktop program is worth it alone. If you have already drafted I would probably skip it. You can get the same daily news updates from Roto for free, and while some of the in-season roster tools were nifty last year, I wouldn't say they were worth $20.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

thrawn527 posted:

Were some sheets also taken out? Last week there was a 10 team 1 PPR with only 1 RB sheet, but I don't see one anymore.

Yes. Doing just "normal" leagues there's something like 180 permutations. So I took out a lot of the one-offs because it already takes me about an hour to run the scrip that updates everything.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Trade question!

I went RB RB RB to start the draft so I don't super need the 4th RB - it would be more for depth and to add more tradable pieces on my team since there's a lot of junk on my bench.

My team, 0 PPR, QB 2xRB 3xWR 1xTE 1xFlex:

QB: Cam Newton, Johnny Manziel
RB: Jamaal Charles, Montee Ball, Andre Ellington, Knile Davis, CJ Anderson, Jonathan Dwyer
WR: Michael Crabtree, TY Hilton, Jeremy Maclin, Danny Amendola
TE: Zach Ertz, Tim Wright
DST: Rams, Saints
K: Dan Bailey

I went from camping with 0 internet for 5 days to driving 8 hours to getting a hotel room and drafting on my phone having done very little research. Without any real knowledge of sleepers, I spent the end of my draft taking D/STs (I dropped a third DST for Tim Wright), handcuffs, and Johnny Manziel - not the best.

There's a team with Doug Martin, Alfred Morris, Roddy White, and Larry Fitzgerald. Is it worth it to offer Jamaal Charles for any two of them? Or am I being stupid and I should just keep Charles?

My original thought was Charles for Martin and Morris - even though my WRs are pretty bad, I feel like I should just get the most value possible and keep trading. The issue is that I had Charles last year and I'm having trouble pulling the trigger on offering him in trades so I wanted to get some opinions first.

Psmith
May 7, 2007
The p is silent, as in phthisis, psychic, and ptarmigan.
Kicker question:

I drafted in a 10 person, 1PPR league last night. We start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLX, 1K and a Defense

I did not bother drafting a kicker at the time but I will need to grab one before the season starts. Any thoughts on who I should drop for a kicker?

QB: Peyton Manning, Philip Rivers
RB: Arian Foster, Zac Stacy, Ben Tate, Danny Woodhead, Devonta Freeman
WR: Dez Bryant, Michael Crabtree, Cordarrelle Patterson, Kendall Wright, Kelvin Benjamin, Markus Wheaton, Tavon Austin
TE: Heath Miller

I'm thinking maybe Tavon Austin. Any thoughts?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Psmith posted:

Kicker question:

I drafted in a 10 person, 1PPR league last night. We start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLX, 1K and a Defense

I did not bother drafting a kicker at the time but I will need to grab one before the season starts. Any thoughts on who I should drop for a kicker?

WR: Dez Bryant, Michael Crabtree, Cordarrelle Patterson, Kendall Wright, Kelvin Benjamin, Markus Wheaton, Tavon Austin

Do you have a D/ST? If not wouldn't you need to drop two guys?

It's between Austin, Wheaton, and Rivers. Between the other 5 guys on your team I just don't see you playing those last two WRs much. And barring Manning finally realizing he's old, you're not going to play Rivers until Manning's bye week and in a ten-team league there should be someone else you can get.

Psmith
May 7, 2007
The p is silent, as in phthisis, psychic, and ptarmigan.

Murmur Twin posted:

Do you have a D/ST? If not wouldn't you need to drop two guys?

It's between Austin, Wheaton, and Rivers. Between the other 5 guys on your team I just don't see you playing those last two WRs much. And barring Manning finally realizing he's old, you're not going to play Rivers until Manning's bye week and in a ten-team league there should be someone else you can get.

Sorry, forgot to mention that. I have a defense but I only need to clear one roster spot for the kicker. I want to hang onto Rivers until at least week 4. After that a bunch of the idiots in my league didn't draft good QBs so I was going to see what I could get. Someone is starting Carson Palmer. I'm leaning heavily toward Austin but I don't have to make my decision for another week or so

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yes. Doing just "normal" leagues there's something like 180 permutations. So I took out a lot of the one-offs because it already takes me about an hour to run the scrip that updates everything.

It was a special one you had made me a couple weeks ago. But it's fine, I'll use last week's for tomorrow's draft. Things haven't changed drastically in the last week, other than a couple obvious exceptions.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Psmith posted:

Kicker question:

I'd go Tavon Austin as well, especially with the Bradford injury (not that that was a heavy factor).

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown

Murmur Twin posted:

Trade question!

I went RB RB RB to start the draft so I don't super need the 4th RB - it would be more for depth and to add more tradable pieces on my team since there's a lot of junk on my bench.

My team, 0 PPR, QB 2xRB 3xWR 1xTE 1xFlex:

QB: Cam Newton, Johnny Manziel
RB: Jamaal Charles, Montee Ball, Andre Ellington, Knile Davis, CJ Anderson, Jonathan Dwyer
WR: Michael Crabtree, TY Hilton, Jeremy Maclin, Danny Amendola
TE: Zach Ertz, Tim Wright
DST: Rams, Saints
K: Dan Bailey

I went from camping with 0 internet for 5 days to driving 8 hours to getting a hotel room and drafting on my phone having done very little research. Without any real knowledge of sleepers, I spent the end of my draft taking D/STs (I dropped a third DST for Tim Wright), handcuffs, and Johnny Manziel - not the best.

There's a team with Doug Martin, Alfred Morris, Roddy White, and Larry Fitzgerald. Is it worth it to offer Jamaal Charles for any two of them? Or am I being stupid and I should just keep Charles?

My original thought was Charles for Martin and Morris - even though my WRs are pretty bad, I feel like I should just get the most value possible and keep trading. The issue is that I had Charles last year and I'm having trouble pulling the trigger on offering him in trades so I wanted to get some opinions first.

If I'm trading Charles*, I have to get a legit WR 1 back. I would be looking at the team with Megatron, Bryant, or Marshall. Honestly though, I would wait a few weeks before doing any trades. There's no telling how the season will shake out (keep an eye on the waiver wire) and if your WR turn into a dumpster fire you can always move Charles then.

*Don't trade Charles unless you absolutely have to... your receivers are 'eh' but you also have one of the best RB in fantasy.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

crondaily posted:

All kinds of Gordon stuff:

Per @mortreport to ESPN: WR Josh Gordon will explore the possibility of playing in the Canadian Football League the remainder of the year.

Browns official to @PatMcManamon on Josh Gordon to CFL: "He can’t per his nfl contract…and you can say a source says he can’t…"

Josh Gordon - WR - Browns
Suspended Josh Gordon will not accrue a season toward free agency in 2014.
When a player is suspended for a full year, his contract tolls. So instead of becoming a free agent in 2016, he won't be eligible until 2017. It's a sliver of good news for the Browns, as they'll still have an elite talent under contract cheaply for two seasons. Gordon doesn't turn 24 years old until April.

Phone posting but this is quite likely a pro move by his lawyer(s). Part of getting a TRO is convincing the judge that you will be harmed by the thing you want him to temporarily suspend, and by showing that he can't even ply his only trade in another country Gordon is strengthening his case.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

thrawn527 posted:

It was a special one you had made me a couple weeks ago. But it's fine, I'll use last week's for tomorrow's draft. Things haven't changed drastically in the last week, other than a couple obvious exceptions.

Submit a request; it takes me almost no time and I update it nightly.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Franks Happy Place posted:

Phone posting but this is quite likely a pro move by his lawyer(s). Part of getting a TRO is convincing the judge that you will be harmed by the thing you want him to temporarily suspend, and by showing that he can't even ply his only trade in another country Gordon is strengthening his case.

Drafted Gordon in the 15th :getin:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Submit a request; it takes me almost no time and I update it nightly.

Submitted. Thanks!

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Despite never having done it before, I find myself in this league which uses IDP and I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around it. Are there any good rules of thumb to putting together a decent defensive roster? I'm trying to avoid whatever the equivalent of drafting a first-round kicker or the like.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

Franks Happy Place posted:

See you in stage two, Anger.

Axl Rose
Apr 29, 2013
Gordon got dropped in my snake and my auction league, so I'm using my number 5 waiver in one and 2 waiver bucks in the other to pick him up, dropping my kickers. Fingers crossed on the restraining order.

Edit: also hoping a decision isn't reached until Monday so I don't get outbid.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

a lot of people in this thread are clearly lower on Gio than I am

I just want to emphasize something that I've been noticing since HillChat sprung up:

No one is down on Gio, he is a legit RB1, I just think a lot of people who are really vocal on Gio are severely underestimating how much the Bengals will run and how much Hill will be involved.

Aside from the one getting injured and the other becoming the bell-cow, their best-case scenarios are

For Gio: Gio is an RB1 and Hill is a weekly, or matchup dependent flex play

For Hill: Gio is a lower-end RB1/high-end RB2 and Hill is a weekly flex play with RB2 upside depending on matchup.

I hate handcuffing RBs because it's a waste of a roster spot and if Forte or McCoy go down you're kinda hosed anyway, and you should be playing the wire I'm the first place if you're not a terrible owner.

That said, when it comes to a backfield that has two viable performers, there's no reason to not get both if your bench allows. Especially if one is going early/mid-2nd and the other is going in the goddamn 10th.

Sorry for the effortpost, but I feel like there's this pro-Gio/anti-Hill school of thought springing up and it's stupid. I can't speak for everyone, but I don't think I've seen one person tout Hill who was also down on Gio. I would gladly own both.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

My only TE right now is Eifert, who seems to be injured. Worth it to drop Latimer (or Eifert, really) for Wright, Walker, or someone who should actually play? Latimer was just my last round lottery type pick and with my WR I'm not even sure he'll ever get played.

12 team, .25 PPR, 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX

My roster:

QB: Newton, Griffin
RB: Lacy, Jennings, Tate, FJax, Hill
WR: Green, Jeffrey, Floyd, Benjamin, Hopkins, Latimer
TE: Eifert

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Combo posted:

My only TE right now is Eifert, who seems to be injured. Worth it to drop Latimer (or Eifert, really) for Wright, Walker, or someone who should actually play? Latimer was just my last round lottery type pick and with my WR I'm not even sure he'll ever get played.

12 team, .25 PPR, 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX

My roster:

QB: Newton, Griffin
RB: Lacy, Jennings, Tate, FJax, Hill
WR: Green, Jeffrey, Floyd, Benjamin, Hopkins, Latimer
TE: Eifert

I'd holding off picking up Wright even though every ounce of my being is telling me to get him, but I think Latimer would be a safe bet to drop for him. He is buried down on that roster, especially if Welker comes back and produces.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Looking for 1-2 more. $50 buy-in ESPN league, snake draft, PPR with 6 points per PATD.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3659805

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Shath Hole posted:

I'd holding off picking up Wright even though every ounce of my being is telling me to get him, but I think Latimer would be a safe bet to drop for him. He is buried down on that roster, especially if Welker comes back and produces.

Yeah, I really don't think too much of Wright necessarily and I'm not exactly buying into the hype, I just need a person that's going to play and TE started flying off the shelves early in my draft. People grabbed backups way before I even grabbed my first.

My waiver options are really Wright, Ladarius Green (doesn't seem like Gates is going away for the time being), Walker, and Dwayne Allen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
On Demarco chat: he's running in the same offense that last year made Reggie Bush fantasy relevant. He's an excellent pass catcher and he's gonna beast in PPR. Plus he's a 3 down back and the goal line back. Soooo, as long as he's healthy, he gonna put up numbers.

• Locked thread