Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slev
Apr 6, 2009

Should I laugh about the way this fight ends or should I be glad that it is finally over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Link for the new Naruto

Commentary on the new chapter:
HA HA HA HA HA is this for real?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
No, but you see guys, that sealing pose parallels their final Valley of the End fight, it's beautiful. Kishimoto even threw Sakura in there to show how she was useless then. It works on a lot of levels.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
loving incredible

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Eh, I mean it was stated when Naruto and Sasuke got their Ninja Hand Moon powers that all they have to do is both touch her at the same time and she's sealed again.

I don't see how this is that funny or bad?

Like her entire introduction and inclusion in the series being stupid, sure, the fact that Madara very easily could/should have been the final boss sure. Naruto and Sasuke getting another powerup sure. Obito giving Kakashi eyes from beyond the grave sure.

But her method of defeat was literally spelled out when they got the stupid powers and well that's just about the best ending you can script when the method of defeat is as simple as touch her with your moon hands. With a bonus of Sakura being useful in that short moment.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
Question about Jump in general - why don't they do double-length chapters? This chapter was a bit of a waste but would have been pretty nice as a double chapter, actually, with the previous issue attached.

I didn't hate this week, but I think I'm just glad it's over. Again, I'm expecting a cool sequence in the game where the two characters are just trying to tag her at the same time and continually get wrecked attempting it.

So they've beaten

The Bad Guy/Pawn (Obito)
The Manipulator/King (Madara)
The Long-term Planner/Mastermind (Black Zetsu and his Zombie Mom)

Glad Naruto got a kill, that was kinda nice.

I think it was stretched a bit. Really the worse bits of the last few months was Obito coming back to life to give Kakashi a power up. I'd have preferred he act as the planner (like Shikamaru) for this fight and sit out otherwise, and/or get a single eye back from Obito before he died to do his Kamui trick.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Naruto Manga Thread 18- Naruto...Sasuke thank you for saving the world

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Well that was something.

I hope Sasuke can live his life out as a isolated lumberjack while Sakura lovelessly brings Naruto to Latin America where he has a mishap on a treadmill.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Now I'm mostly interested in how Kishimoto gets to his Naruto vs Sasuke round 3(5 if you count Oro's lair and the Ninja Summit as a round) ?

I'm thinking it's going to involve the Bijuu, where Sasuke wants to kill them all, Naruto wants to befriend the poo poo out of them or something.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
What are the odds of Madara getting up and start loving things up again?

Having all the kages back was cool if a MASSIVE asspull.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
It was nice to remember how awesome the mizukage with the pencil mustache was. This comic has somehow managed to constantly get even worse for years, but there has been some fun stuff along the way.

I noticed Madara's body intact. Guess he'll get up next week and start wrecking poo poo for some reason.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

that was a cool panel of naruto's face after he threw the arm into the moon thing. other than that just lol

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hahahaha holy poo poo am I dreaming or something???

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Scyantific posted:

Hahahaha holy poo poo am I dreaming or something???

You are under Infinite Tsukuyomi

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

What are the odds of Madara getting up and start loving things up again?

Having all the kages back was cool if a MASSIVE asspull.

I get the feeling that he might be disillusioned since he was being manipulated and his master plan wasn't at all what he thought it was. He could still start some poo poo, but it'd be improvised, unless he had a loving back-up plan. He might just escape to plan his next move or whatever, but I doubt it, probably friendship no jutsu or some other bullshit.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

"Thanks for saving the world," said the dimension travelling legendary father of ninjas who gave the boys the power to save the world by touching the final villain and who saved them by harnessing the power of every dead ninja who were better than all of the scrubs living today, and by his words it was shown that the new generation cannot surpass the old because the new generation sucks rear end dead old guys 4ever.

Looking forward to the next chapters hopefully making the end of the series slightly better than that awful battle.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Man, my eyes just slide right over these panels. Good thing something happened for some reason and the day was saved (or maybe not).

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
someone please post fucking_boring.jpg

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
So obviously we have a goodbye coming up as there's a reason all the zombies will have to go away instead of hanging out at the Leaf village forever.

Or I'm wrong and things get really weird as no-arms 4th Hokage runs for office again against Kakashi and his son, with the Sage of Six paths working at the ramen stand.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Skychrono posted:

the Sage of Six paths working at the ramen stand

Shippuuden would be worth it if this actually happened.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Hope you enjoyed the last 17 years, next week is the return of Mario

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Last panel was a fitting finale to an awful plot.

The highlight for me was the resolution of Sasuke's revenge against leaf and the inevitable Naruto vs Sasuke fight was Sasuke saying "Yah okay I'll help now".

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Ya' know

I am just thoroughly disgusted with the handling of this villainess. NO character. NO real rhyme or reasons behind what shes doing. And the fact that she has roughly ZERO dialogue just makes me hate her even more

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
The one time Naruto has a female villain and she does jack poo poo. What a surprise. :v:

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
Man Naruto is worse than Bleach now and that's pretty pathetic.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Is Kaguya really the only big bad that didnt het a flashback arc before dying?

Zackcat
Nov 28, 2009

Let me tell you about Silent Hill Visual Novels~

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Is Kaguya really the only big bad that didnt het a flashback arc before dying?

We just had her entire history during her appearance instead. Just enough so we could kill her.

PIGEOTO
Sep 11, 2007

Madara and Orochimaru are so far the only bad guys in this manga with any kind of clear motivation. Obito was okay until Kishi ruined him with the whole Rin crap, and I still don't know why Kaguya was in this story.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

This ending has to be one of the worst endings ever. I also thought Naruto had contract "until end of year" what the hell is going to fill the next 12 (maybe a few less, does jump take time off for Christmas?). How do you end something with "Thank you for saving the world". Fight should have had some point (not going to say make it longer, it was long enough just mention it) where they are both attempting to touch her at the same time and only 1 manages to do it. Final moment should have been Naruto using a beast bomb thingy to propel himself faster to manage the sealing, or have Sasuke do something. Its not that hard to imagine using an attack and making a game of what boils down to tag dramatic.

Unless this is all a dream and they wake up and Madra woke them up to fight because he's bored.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

pixaal posted:

This ending has to be one of the worst endings ever. I also thought Naruto had contract "until end of year" what the hell is going to fill the next 12 (maybe a few less, does jump take time off for Christmas?). How do you end something with "Thank you for saving the world". Fight should have had some point (not going to say make it longer, it was long enough just mention it) where they are both attempting to touch her at the same time and only 1 manages to do it. Final moment should have been Naruto using a beast bomb thingy to propel himself faster to manage the sealing, or have Sasuke do something. Its not that hard to imagine using an attack and making a game of what boils down to tag dramatic.

Unless this is all a dream and they wake up and Madra woke them up to fight because he's bored.

They've already been doing this for god knows how long. They tried to do it, She seperated them, Sakura and Kakashi found and saved Sasuke. She continued to Evade them, and they finally were able to reach her with their strategy when Sakura took advantage of the fact that she was solely focusing on Naruto's clones and Sasuke, came from the only other way out and prevented her from escaping.

Like they have been doing what you just said since like the moment they got their moon hands.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

pixaal posted:

Well, there still has to be the final fight between Naruto and Sasuke. After all, Sasuke still has Uchiha Disorder from loving too much and wants to kill all the tailed beasts.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
The S-Cry-Ed ending worked for scryed, I fully support stealing it for Naruto.

Unless we're talking about the manga scryed ending, where every character, good and bad, became immortal and hundreds of years later were the bridge crew for a battleship fighting the aliens from Tenchi Muyo, which would also be better than this poo poo.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
:sigh:

At least Madara got vomited out and he's near the first. Time for him to repent and be best buds again.

Did anyone else notice that the six sage path brother during the sealing had byakugan veins around the eyes?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Wait, they drag it out this long, with no sign of things ending any time soon and then they just win? I don't get it. I'm kind of glad I don't though.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Wow, that was godawful.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

12 chapters of wrap up to the plot. Some hugs. Maybe a flash forward.

I kinda don't want to see the inevitable Sasuke fight because frankly it won't be brutal enough and won't be satisfying.

Mystic Mongol posted:

Unless we're talking about the manga scryed ending, where every character, good and bad, became immortal and hundreds of years later were the bridge crew for a battleship fighting the aliens from Tenchi Muyo, which would also be better than this poo poo.
wait what the gently caress

I'd heard the manga diverged but I had not heard it went so far out it actually took off into space

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Not going to lie I haven't visually understood any panels since Gai kicked the poo poo out of Madara. I'm not sure what's up with Naruto's serious coolguy face as he tosses(?) his grandma's sleeve(?) into the moon(?). Well, I guess it's more like "a moon" that they casually created in some other dimension.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Aurain posted:

Wait, they drag it out this long, with no sign of things ending any time soon and then they just win? I don't get it. I'm kind of glad I don't though.

Just you watch. The main characters are actually in the Infinite Tsukuyomi and they now have to figure out a way to break out and defeat her for real this time. :v:

(Another fake-out like that is par for the course at this point.)

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I hope Mario is a yaoi because Kishimoto can't write female characters for poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

:( I hate myself, but welp personality flaws.

There are tons of reasons to hate and think that this part of Naruto is bad. Oh god so many. But don't pick the one part where they used an entire chapter to explain how to beat the final boss, and then say that the loss came out of nowhere, The entire point was that Naruto and Sasuke only needed to touch her at the same time to seal her, That's why she seperated them, why Kakashi and Sakura went looking for Sasuke, why she did everything she could to keep them from touching her.

Their powers ups, stupid as gently caress, her existence as anything other than a legend Madara was trying to obtain, stupid as gently caress, Kakashi getting both eyes back from Obito who had already been killed and had his body disappeared, hilariously stupid as gently caress.

Boss dying to the methods that were laid out like 20 some odd chapters ago, surprisingly sane in this series that has gone completely off the rails

I'll totally grant you that the Kaguya part of the fight has been all around bad and stupid as gently caress, however the ending is like the only goddamn thing that makes any sense in this arc.

• Locked thread