Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

DrBouvenstein posted:

Finally got a phone dashboard mount:

Time to stop looking down and fiddling just to change a music track or check directions.

V V V http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007FHX9OK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 V V V

I just got one of these as well. It is very good and really grips like crazy. However, my Lenmar case for an iphone 5 is too thick for it to really get a solid grab on to. I think some industrial velcro will fix that however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

have it your weigh
Nov 10, 2005
SNARF
I bought a Kelsey Excelsior 3x5 Model M letterpress so I can start making cards and invitations.

I still have to get a few more things to use it but it's going to be fun when I get it up and running.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

have it your weigh posted:

I bought a Kelsey Excelsior 3x5 Model M letterpress so I can start making cards and invitations.

I still have to get a few more things to use it but it's going to be fun when I get it up and running.

I once got to observe a guy at a print shop using an enormous letterpress. They have a more modern one, and a super old antique one. Only the owner is allowed to use the antique one, because it's so dangerous that his insurance won't cover the employees using it :stare:

http://www.twigandfig.com/TF-Letterpress-print-shop-228.html

FredLordofCheese
Aug 16, 2005

Hey there, here's your pizza, may I ask why you are wearing that sheer robe?

canyoneer posted:

I once got to observe a guy at a print shop using an enormous letterpress. They have a more modern one, and a super old antique one. Only the owner is allowed to use the antique one, because it's so dangerous that his insurance won't cover the employees using it :stare:

The print shop I use has one like that, the owner gets drunk and shows it off sometimes. It is terrifying. He also has an antique folding machine that sounds like a Vietnam flashback when its running full speed.

have it your weigh
Nov 10, 2005
SNARF

canyoneer posted:

That Chandler & Price is almost exactly what I want someday but the price of the press and size of my apartment are limiting me a little right now. Looks like they have a great little shop set up.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

The cheeseburger tanktop I ordered over 3 months ago finally made it :yotj:

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

canyoneer posted:

Speaking of presses, my girlfriend's father is going to be on Henry Rollins' show 10 things you don't know about. He spent 40 years with the mint and has several antique machines that few people outside of museums or the government. He's done quite a few invitation printings for several Presidents. He has an entire basement dedicated to his presses. It's pretty interesting to see his stuff in action.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

MC Sports Tent sale means half off active wear.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Nuts.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

So I can start my lawnmower without having to first remove that part, manually rewind the cord and then reinstall it (recoil spring failure.) Also now I won't have three feet of cord hanging out while the mower is running.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

FAT CURES MUSCLES posted:

The cheeseburger tanktop I ordered over 3 months ago finally made it :yotj:

Worth the wait.

Where did you get it?
:burger:

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:

Geoj posted:

So I can start my lawnmower without having to first remove that part, manually rewind the cord and then reinstall it (recoil spring failure.) Also now I won't have three feet of cord hanging out while the mower is running.

I repaired my old one of these a few times. You have known no fury like being just about to bolt it to the lawnmower when the coiled spring you have spent 10 minutes winding shoots out everywhere for the third time.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Fozaldo posted:

I repaired my old one of these a few times. You have known no fury like being just about to bolt it to the lawnmower when the coiled spring you have spent 10 minutes winding shoots out everywhere for the third time.

I couldn't figure out what was wrong with mine, tried to fix it but there's zero rewind. For under $20 might was well just replace the whole assembly anyways.

BiRD BoY
Aug 18, 2003

Have a Nice Fright!
A new bicycle. And some matching rims for it.

It has been a blast.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Fozaldo posted:

I just had this same problem not even a week ago when my pull cord broke and the process did not go without angrily whipping the spring across the garage at least once.

gypsycabdriver
Apr 19, 2007

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Just bought both of these as well after seeing your post. Surprised they weren't more expensive

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
Wow, band-aid really does try to cater to everyone!

lookslikerain
Jan 10, 2014

If you find yourself in a social situation, make threats.

Voigtlander 35mm 1.4 for my M6. A Summilux for poor people.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

rockcity posted:

I just had this same problem not even a week ago when my pull cord broke and the process did not go without angrily whipping the spring across the garage at least once.

I kicked my leaf blower with my heel and it hurt for a week afterwards. It's still not fixed

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's

Also the pool is getting cleaned again by robots

LTBS has a new favorite as of 14:53 on Aug 29, 2014

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

BiRD BoY posted:

A new bicycle. And some matching rims for it.

It has been a blast.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

lookslikerain posted:

Voigtlander 35mm 1.4 for my M6. A Summilux for poor people.

This deserves a high five.

mick ohio
Sep 24, 2007

So I says to Mabel, I says...

Yay! I love my pBone. You're going to have a blast!

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.
OK guys, for serious, this is really the last one I get for now.

A Staedtler 900 25 pencil holder.

For really reals.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Hellbeard posted:

OK guys, for serious, this is really the last one I get for now.

A Staedtler 900 25 pencil holder.

For really reals.

Why? Why is that a thing?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Pencils just sometimes need to be held dude.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Pencils just sometimes need to be held dude.

But you hold them. That's how they get used.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Crain posted:

Why? Why is that a thing?

It lets you use pencils that have been sharpened down to being like an inch long, but you can buy a cheap one from art supply stores for like 2 bucks.

e: Hahahahahaha

Count Uvula has a new favorite as of 23:33 on Aug 29, 2014

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

This really sounds like an expensive solution to a cheap problem.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.

Crain posted:

This really sounds like an expensive solution to a cheap problem.

I plan to use it with color pencils but also I think it's pretty.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

That (what i assumed to be) Baphomet deck is siiiiiiiick.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

I haven't touched a trombone since high school but I would learn all over again to play that.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Oh god there's a pTrumpet. So sad I'd have to pay import fees.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Just ordered Complete Dick Tracy volume 1 and volume 2 tonight.

I'm excited to be finally getting the books.

crosshatch
Dec 10, 2006

Got a couple new dressers so my girlfriend and I can stop living out of suitcases and dumpster furniture:

also I got this die cast/plastic guy to sit on the shelf next to my Mickey Mouse comic strip collections:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

crosshatch posted:

Got a couple new dressers so my girlfriend and I can stop living out of suitcases and dumpster furniture:

Good thing I bought this to drink after I help you move that to your apartment:

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

crosshatch posted:

My god that is beautiful.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

crosshatch posted:

Nice.

I, too, need a new dresser after nearly ten years using a cheap press-board garage sale one.

Shopping for a dresser, and buying a couch and new bed last fall have taught me a very important lesson:

Real furniture is loving expensive.

I've also needed a bookshelf for about a year, but haven't bought one because again, I refuse to get another cheap POS that will fall into pieces the next time I move. So many books still in boxes from my last move, but whatever.

I've also been scouring Craigslist trying to find real stuff that's at least a little less pricey than from a store; perhaps from someone moving or what have you, but even that is hard. About four or five times now I've gone to look at someone's "real wood" dresser or bookshelf for $100-$150 that's clearly veneer over press-board/MDF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

Finally got a phone dashboard mount:

Time to stop looking down and fiddling just to change a music track or check directions.

V V V http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007FHX9OK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 V V V

This is seriously one of the best dashboard/windshield mounts. After I got mine a couple years ago my father and brother both ditched the crap ones they were using and got one of these instead.

Chrome Industries Bravo Rolltop. Wanted something a bit more compact than my old Metro (and with 2 shoulder straps) for daily use but that can still expand to carry ridiculous amounts of crap.

AKG Q 701 Headphones. I have a set of K 240s that I love but they aren't exactly portable and I wanted something better than my Apple EarPods at the office.