Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

As a gaymer,

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

porkchop_express posted:

i think it is prejudicial to say all gamers are short, fat and like mountain dew and doritios. some of us are short, fat and like coke zero and hot pockets

check your privilege gbs thread

coke zero is loving disgusting you piece of poo poo

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
dont drinkshame

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
You shouldn't play too many video games since it makes you really stupid, like, turns your brain into pudding

Hayburner
Jan 29, 2005

hi

Arian_Samurai posted:

You shouldn't play too many video games since it makes you really stupid, like, turns your brain into pudding

i, as well, heard this

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

Bolow posted:

much like cancer, coke zero grows on you

give it a chance Bolow

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Arian_Samurai posted:

There have also been studies that show that, at least in the case of males, brawling with somebody actually increases happiness.

Hayburner
Jan 29, 2005

hi

Madcosby posted:

There have also been studies that show that, at least in the case of males, brawling with somebody actually increases happiness.

so does bawling with somebody but THIS hosed UP WORLD won't let men cry

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Fallorn posted:

What the hell is it talking about? I don't want to gender it because that might offend it. They just need some gay starfish shifter erotica off amazon to take their edge off.

Oh, it's some ugly tranny talking about how he needs to defend Zoe from the big bad establishment (The tweet is about the horrors of being a game journalist)

Anywho, I just like posting tweets from idiots. Like this one.

Kotaku... :negative:

edit:

jesus Christ that's a ton of tweets. been on sa for a billion years now and I only got like 6k posts, lol

big duck equals goose fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Aug 28, 2014

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Cycloneman posted:

Found it. Watch if you don't believe me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZKtFfHIGrA

This is hilariously bad. It's almost like a parody of what a feminist game would be.

"She gets TIRED of waiting and, in that week and a half of imprisonment, she's developed super strength, and just PUNCHES DOWN a steel door, overpowers a guard, and fits perfectly into his clothes to go KICK SOME rear end. How? GIRL POWER! Woooo!"

Then it turns into Assassin's Creed, okay.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
do you real devs ever attend any of these game jam things?

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

Bolow posted:

i will loving cut you

this is an internet threat. please move out

-your roommate/parents

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

dMastri posted:

do you real devs ever attend any of these game jam things?

No.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
ninety two point nine thousand tweets

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
I don't get all the fuss about them, they are getting together and creating poo poo games in the space of hours. great. I did that in the high school qbasic class i took...

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

sword_man.gif posted:

ninety two point nine thousand tweets

Man, having a PHD must own.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

the only time it's acceptable to drink soda is if it has alcohol in it

Biggie Shorty
Oct 8, 2008

BottledBodhisvata posted:

This is hilariously bad. It's almost like a parody of what a feminist game would be.

"She gets TIRED of waiting and, in that week and a half of imprisonment, she's developed super strength, and just PUNCHES DOWN a steel door, overpowers a guard, and fits perfectly into his clothes to go KICK SOME rear end. How? GIRL POWER! Woooo!"

Then it turns into Assassin's Creed, okay.

The thing that gets me is that this is just an animatic. I could scan a childrens book, mask out the characters, slide them around and add audio in after fx but that doesn't make me a *game designer* because I haven't coded a drat thing.

Ideas are like assholes, if you want to be taken seriously fire up Unity or GameMaker and actually make something that people can play.

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

dMastri posted:

I don't get all the fuss about them, they are getting together and creating poo poo games in the space of hours. great. I did that in the high school qbasic class i took...

Gravefront
Feb 5, 2014

by Ralp

dMastri posted:

Indie "developers", much like game "journalists" have a tendency to exaggerate their own importance

goku im piss
Mar 18, 2005

Your mama was a snowblower

Bolow posted:

stop drinking fresca its affecting your meds

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Is depression quest an actual game or a interactive powerpoint?

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Azraelle posted:

Is Ditto a good rolemodel for genderfluid people? While being a very popular pokémon due to their ability to mate with any other pokémon and thus showing the virtue of being trans* , the general unattractive featurelessness of it could be construed as a criticism of the non-dicothomous nature of the pokémon. I personally believe that it is a discussion from nintendo about the problem of being everything, and that attractiveness comes not from being everything to everyone, but something to someone.

Your mom was a ditto.

edit: even worse your mom had a 31 IV in Special Attack so it got passed around a lot.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Aug 28, 2014

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

big duck equals goose posted:

jesus Christ that's a ton of tweets. been on sa for a billion years now and I only got like 6k posts, lol

This man will soon be a legal Dr. of videogames.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

Musket posted:

Is depression quest an actual game or a interactive powerpoint?

she calls it game because text adventures are games but it clearly is just a CYOA so interactive powerpoint is an apt description

goku im piss
Mar 18, 2005

Your mama was a snowblower

Fatty posted:

This man will soon be a legal Dr. of videogames.

drvideogames#1

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

goku im piss posted:

stop drinking fresca its affecting your meds

gently caress YOU DAD

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

Cycloneman posted:

i'm glad that, if you wrap it up in the right social movement, you can take a 15 year old's paranoid fantasy of foiling a hostage situation by stealing the guy's AK and turn it into an empowerment narrative worth at least a 500% overfund on kickstarter

qwertyasdf
Nov 11, 2003

I don't think (hope) it was meant as a literal pitch, just something that shows how you could take this very old template and make it about a female hero with no princess to save.

Its boring because we have played some version of this game before a million times, making a woman the main character doesn't change that the rest of it is dreadfully cliche at this point.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

dMastri posted:

she calls it game because text adventures are games but it clearly is just a CYOA so interactive powerpoint is an apt description

Explains why its free on steam.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

dMastri posted:

you decide to have a beverage. drink beverage?

-yes
-drat I'm real sad

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

Bolow posted:

gently caress YOU DAD

true true

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Musket posted:

Robin Williams died for her sins

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Still hate the fact that the game isnt anywhere close to reality cuz most people handle their depression via self medication with weed/booze/hookers. I heard none of those were included in the game. Maybe in a future DLC?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I would say to gas this terrible thread, but PAX is this weekend (I think) and I'm expecting hilarious poo poo to happen.

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che

Cycloneman posted:

so basically, playing dragon age as an elf

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Oh how about the king wants the princess to marry the ugly son of some other king for political reasons but she only has eyes for the handsome stable boy? So she betrays her father and leaves the castle with him but with her fathers men hot in pursuit.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

Musket posted:

if you ask zoe she will tell you it's free because it came out on the same day robin williams offed himself and she didn't want to delay the release because it contains an important message that could help people suffering from mental illnesses and so she decided to make it free so she wouldn't catch flak for exploiting a beloved comedians death

except that it was always a free/pay-what-you-want game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

jpmeyer posted:

so basically, playing dragon age as an elf

lol

• Locked thread