Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

keldegar posted:

Pick 1 waiver wonder.

Hakeem Nicks
Dwayne Bowe
Kenny Britt
Reuben Randle
Cody Latimer
Baby Hawk
Aaron Dobson
John Brown
Malcolm Floyd (Chargers)
Robert Woods
Brian Hartline

Man, WR is deep in a 12-team league. So many fliers on waivers.

Latimer has upside, Hartline is always a under-appreciated PPR bench stud; lowest ceiling but highest floor, Nicks has potential if he can pull it together and has the best pedigree of anyone on there, Hawkins and Brown will get the snaps but one's the #1 in a poo poo offense and the other is buried in a good one, Dobson/Floyd/Woods have nothing substantial to offer, and Britt/Bowe are broken, Randle is a huge question mark, but the Giants will probably be mediocre for enough weeks that you can let him sit and watch him. I'd rank them:

Tier 1:
Nicks
Latimer
Hartline (if PPR)

Tier 2:
Hawkins
Brown
Randle

Tier 3:
Dobson
Floyd
Woods
Bowe
Britt

If you need solid-yet-unspectacular depth, go Hartline. If you're looking for a lottery ticket, go Latimer/Nicks. If you go one of the latter two, definitely keep the other on speed-dial. Latimer is more likely to get dropped and re-added if he has a good game or two to start the season (probably just a touchdown looking by his usage), but if Nicks starts off the season well, it could be an indicator that he's back up to speed and should be ridden until he breaks down. I'd probably go with him.

vvv e: I meant to say early 4th and late 5th. I'm always way more interested in Bell/Mathews/Jennings who are usually there. I drafted late in two 10-teamers and had the Vereen in 5th/6th debacle both times

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Aug 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Basically every mock I do I see Vereen in the end of the 5th and I have no interest, but I think he he makes it back around in the early 6th I'm all in, and he never does.

In any sort of PPR league, I would gladly take Vereen at that ADP.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Tier 1:
Nicks
Latimer
Hartline (if PPR)

Tier 2:
Hawkins
Brown
Randle

Tier 3:
Dobson
Floyd
Woods
Bowe
Britt

I'd agree with these rankings except I would flip Randle and Nicks. Randle's team is a no-argument dumpster fire, but he is the tallest WR on a team with no good TE. Randle is going to get a LOT of garbage time Eli floaters and a lot of their RZ looks.

On the other hand, Nicks is still the guy who got kicked off of the Giants for... Randle, actually. He's Miles Austin with a foot problem instead of lovely hamstrings. He's also the #3 WR on that team after Wayne and Hilton.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Absolutely, this has quietly been known for the last week or two. He's like 6'2" and there's no Decker anymore. It'll be DT, Thomas, and Latimer in the RZ for passing plays. Even if he never sees the field otherwise, he'll have a Justin Hunter-type year (which hopefully means he'll take a step forward without anyone notincing and have a ridiculously low ADP next year) and that's worth the late/last round flyer or add if you've got the bench spot to see if he leapfroggs Caldwell at any point (he should if Fox isn't an assho...)

Hmmm....better to take a 14th round flier on Latimer or Kelvin Benjamin?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Kloaked00 posted:

Benjamin imo. He is the #1 WR on a team with horrendous WRs.

Deer_fire
Jul 30, 2003

Kloaked00 posted:

I'd take Benjamin because of the lack of competition but you could probably flip a coin.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.

Kloaked00 posted:

Latimer might get some points, but ultimately still has DT hoovering up the lion's share (not that there isn't a lot to share with Peyton around). Benjamin isn't all that special, but look at Carolina's wideout situation and you'll see that he should be getting a lot of looks. It's not a massive difference, I think, but I'd feel better about Benjamin having the advantage, and he has upside if he and Cam really synergize.

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

what, you don't like pizza?

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Tier 1:
Nicks
Latimer
Hartline (if PPR)

Tier 2:
Hawkins
Brown
Randle

Tier 3:
Dobson
Floyd
Woods
Bowe
Britt

I am looking hard at Latimer, but I disagree that Dobson has nothing to offer. He's healthy now and is the Patriot's deep threat. There's value there. To me Nicks is as broken as Britt, while Britt is WR1, Nicks is WR3 as someone else said. Britt is also healthy, his issue is more that the Rams offense is not good and he has mental issues.

Agree that Hartline has the highest floor, but it's only .5 PPR. This is my WR5 so I'm not sure if I should go with a reliable guy like Hartline or swing for the fences with Latimer, Dobson, or Britt.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.

keldegar posted:

Agree that Hartline has the highest floor, but it's only .5 PPR. This is my WR5 so I'm not sure if I should go with a reliable guy like Hartline or swing for the fences with Latimer, Dobson, or Britt.

A reliable WR5 is riding your bench almost every week (and possibly every week, really). I'd say take out a flyer on Latimer or some other long-shot, because then at least there's a chance you hit paydirt.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Franks Happy Place posted:

On the other hand, Nicks is still the guy who got kicked off of the Giants for... Randle, actually. He's Miles Austin with a foot problem instead of lovely hamstrings. He's also the #3 WR on that team after Wayne and Hilton.

All things equal I'm betting the WR3 spot on the Colts produces just as well if not better than the WR1 spot on the Rams (do they even have a WR1? It's like 4 WR3s) or WR2 spot on the Giants. I know Nicks is a huge if to be healthy, but if he is, he'll outproduce Britt easily and probably will outproduce Randle over the course of a full season if the Giants don't right the ship quickly out of the gate and/or if Cruz plays a full season.

As far as Dobson goes, there's just too many unspectacular guys after Gronk, Vereen, and Edleman. It's so cloudy. All of Dobson/LaFell/Thompkins/Wright are probably going to end up with 35-40 catches and cancel each other out for fantasy effectiveness. Wright is worth a flyer if the Patroits actually do like him because of the role they'll give him, but the only Patriots WR that I'll even sniff is Edleman in full-point PPR and not at his ADP.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Aug 28, 2014

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I think Nicks could wind up a flex by season's end. He's pretty talented when not hurt and Wayne is just about ready to fall off a cliff.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Wasn't able to grab Knile. Worth trading a decent starting back like Sankey?

Well I didn't propose the trade per the advice of this thread. But now villain (The Dark Horse) proposed Knile + Stills for Sankey. That is obviously kind of poo poo, what would be a good counter offer (if any)?

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

Pancakes by Mail posted:

A reliable WR5 is riding your bench almost every week (and possibly every week, really). I'd say take out a flyer on Latimer or some other long-shot, because then at least there's a chance you hit paydirt.

Then I think Britt and/or Dobson has the highest ceiling.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

keldegar posted:

Then I think Britt and/or Dobson has the highest ceiling.

I'm targeting Britt in my drafts. I still remember what he did a few years ago, so a late round pick on a guy with that kind of talent is well worth it.

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

Drop Shonn Greene for Jonathan Stewart? This is my RB5.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

commish posted:

I think this is the year that Torrey makes the leap. I'm buying when I can.

I'm going to be the parade rainer and maintain that the one-trick pony will not exceed expectations this year. All he needs to do is clear out the field for those sweet, sweet Pitta TDs.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

keldegar posted:

Sigmund Bloom on twitter is telling everyone to pick up Cody Latimer. Saying he'll be used for RZ even with Welker on the field. Anyone else buying this?

Over Orange Julius and DT? We'll see.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

keldegar posted:

Drop Shonn Greene for Jonathan Stewart? This is my RB5.

JStew is infinitely more talented than Shonn Greene. DWill is old and starting to break down, and Cam won't be running much (at least at first) because of his bum ankle.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

JStew is infinitely more talented than Shonn Greene. DWill is old and starting to break down, and Cam won't be running much (at least at first) because of his bum ankle.

He is also made of glass. Is there an option to roster neither? I choose that option. :v:

Saddamnit
Jul 5, 2003

I have brained my damage.
So I've seen a lot of discussion about Latimer, but what about Sanders?

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

Or take a flier on a PPR back like McCluster / Dunbar? .5 PPR. Looking for Woodhead / Sproles 2.0 heh.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Suave Fedora posted:

I'm going to be the parade rainer and maintain that the one-trick pony will not exceed expectations this year. All he needs to do is clear out the field for those sweet, sweet Pitta TDs.

I'm all in on Torrey Smith, but this. Always this. Pitta is going to be so money this year please stay healthy :ohdear:

Suave Fedora posted:

Over Orange Julius and DT? We'll see.

Not over, in addition to. He'll be playing the Decker role as the WR on the other side of the field. Just like Justin Hunter last year, he might only get 15-30 catches, but 5 or 6 of them might be for scores. If Welker misses significant time and for once in his life Fox gets over his rookie aversion and realizes that Latimer is more talented than Caldwell, he could push for 50-60 grabs.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

keldegar posted:

I am looking hard at Latimer, but I disagree that Dobson has nothing to offer. He's healthy now and is the Patriot's deep threat. There's value there. To me Nicks is as broken as Britt, while Britt is WR1, Nicks is WR3 as someone else said. Britt is also healthy, his issue is more that the Rams offense is not good and he has mental issues.

I dunno - he apparently has a permanent screw in his foot, and hasn't been active since like March. He'd have to look pretty damned good today for me to take a flyer on him.

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

Saddamnit posted:

So I've seen a lot of discussion about Latimer, but what about Sanders?

Sanders is an outside guy. He's smaller and faster. He'll make some plays for sure, but not a big RZ threat?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Didn't get time to come back in and thank you last night, but both of your recommendations were helpful. Thanks!

Ended up with (we have a weird roster fill situation, so you have to have 2 kickers and 2 D's):

Cutler (kept)
Flacco (drafted 7th round)
Kaepernick (drafted with 3rd pick in 1st round)
Eddie Lacy (kept)
Demarco Murray (kept)
Ben Tate (kept)
Terrance West
Demariyus Thomas (kept)
Andre Johnson
Wes Welker
DeAndre Hopkins
Riley Cooper
Kyle Randolph
Greg Olsen
Dan Bailey
Blair Walsh
Carolina D
Jets D
Vikings ST
Falcons ST

Ether Frenzy fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Aug 28, 2014

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

Shath Hole posted:

He is also made of glass. Is there an option to roster neither? I choose that option. :v:

I could grab a handcuff, I guess. Rather take fliers than handcuff my non-elite RBs. (I have Martin, Stacy, and Bell). Bobby Rainey, Benny Cunningham. Blount is rostered.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
I got offered Frank Gore/Ben Tate for Lesean McCoy.

My RB2 is Toby Gerhart which isn't fantastic but I think have 3 RB2's isn't good enough to make up for one elite RB. I had McCoy as my #1 player in the draft.

I just don't trade much.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

^ Hell to the NO

keldegar posted:

I could grab a handcuff, I guess. Rather take fliers than handcuff my non-elite RBs. (I have Martin, Stacy, and Bell). Bobby Rainey, Benny Cunningham. Blount is rostered.

There is buzz around Cunningham, but yeah, I would take a flier over a handcuff over those three.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Shath Hole posted:

^ Hell to the NO

Yeah I agree, I think dudes just trolling to see how naive the league is.

We had 2 QB's go in the first round so it may work for him.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Zeitgueist posted:

My RB2 is Toby Gerhart which isn't fantastic but I think have 3 RB2's isn't good enough to make up for one elite RB. I had McCoy as my #1 player in the draft.

I just don't trade much.

That offer is insulting.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Zeitgueist posted:

I just don't trade much.

Two 3rd tier players are never worth a top tier player. At any position. Ever. Hell, two 2nd tier players are rarely, if ever, worth a top tier player. He's trying to game you, tell him to shove it.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Zeitgueist posted:

I just don't trade much.

Counter-offer your kicker for his entire team.

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown
^^^ Also use this idea

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Two 3rd tier players are never worth a top tier player. At any position. Ever. Hell, two 2nd tier players are rarely, if ever, worth a top tier player. He's trying to game you, tell him to shove it.

To go along with this, keep in mind that if you are the owner of McCoy/Charles/Peterson, you have all the bargaining chips. Do not accept anything unless it has at least a bonafide number 1 player coming back to your team(Megatron, Manning, etc...)

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Faltese Malkin posted:

^^^ Also use this idea

There's already a lot of trash talking going on so I just offered him a kicker and Jeremy Hill for Megatron

Hah I hadn't noticed he had Megatron on his team either and was trying to get a 2nd top tier guy.

quote:

To go along with this, keep in mind that if you are the owner of McCoy/Charles/Peterson, you have all the bargaining chips. Do not accept anything unless it has at least a bonafide number 1 player coming back to your team(Megatron, Manning, etc...)

Yeah that was my thought as well, it would have be 1st round caliber player + a decent lower string receiver/RB.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Zeitgueist posted:

There's already a lot of trash talking going on so I just offered him a kicker and Jeremy Hill for Megatron

Congratulations, you now have a complete grasp of what it's like to trade in fantasy football.

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown

VDay posted:

Congratulations, you now have a complete grasp of what it's like to trade in fantasy football.

Trading in fantasy football is just the worst

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Zeitgueist posted:

Yeah that was my thought as well, it would have be 1st round caliber player + a decent lower string receiver/RB.

I would think about something like Johnson and Martin for Charles/McCoy/Forte/Peterson and I still probably wouldn't do it.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Who's a better RB4, Lamar Miller or Bishop Sankey? Have JC, Ball and Vereen ahead of them. Looking for upside.

edit: PPR

Its Miller Time fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Aug 28, 2014

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Lamar in PPR, Sankey probably won't see the field as a starter until mid season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I guess Miller? I don't particularly like either. At Sankey's ADP, I'd rather take a WR and you can usually get Woodhead a half-to-full round later than Miller.

I still don't know why more people aren't taking Dunbar. He's going at like 140 overall people.

• Locked thread