Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
uuuuuugh you guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

BottledBodhisvata posted:

voiceless mob of people who willingly gave money to an overfunded project

Yeah those people are morons. Reminder that her stretch goals stopped at 24k so anyone who donated after that was reached only did it to feel good about themselves but donating to women's shelters was beneath them or something.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

uuuuuugh you guys

Nothing's happening on the Quinn front. Either something happens at PAX (probably not), or it just sorta fizzles from here.

Proteus4994 posted:

just a reminder that a goon created Actual Sunlight, an actually good game about depression

Where is their Patreon?

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Gamers only have themselves to blame for making it controversial. I think the story even got airtime on NPR and you know all those stay at home soccer moms are going to buy into it.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

big duck equals goose posted:

Me and that dude who made bad rats will DP both your holes if interested.

I'd pay to see this. :v:

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Gamers only have themselves to blame for making it controversial. I think the story even got airtime on NPR and you know all those stay at home soccer moms are going to buy into it.

Games are bad let's ban all games

hey everybody wanna come over to my house and do whatever people did before video games?

uh...

Shoot animals and then people?

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

slowbeef posted:

The Quinn Front

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

slowbeef posted:

Where is their Patreon?

He's following this weird concept of "creating a product worth money and then charging money for it". I don't get it either.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
http://www.reddit.com/r/GirlGamers/comments/2eqkiz/the_strange_saga_of_zoe_quinn_sex_lies_and/ck30wqk

Zoe should work in marketing or work PR for a celebrity or something. Her manipulation skills are actually kinda valuable.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Games are bad let's ban all games

hey everybody wanna come over to my house and do whatever people did before video games?

uh...

Shoot animals and then people?

Burn stuff!

Mappo
Apr 27, 2009
Nothing is going to happen at PAX. All the upset nerds will be talking about the new Call of Duty. The indie developers will finally get off twitter to deliver the necessary blow jobs to get their video game art favorable reviews.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Mappo posted:

Nothing is going to happen at PAX. All the upset nerds will be talking about the new Call of Duty.

I'm not completely in touch with gaming conventions or anything but I'm p sure the PAX crowd and the COD crowd don't really overlap that much.

PAX is almost all sloppy indie blowjobs, and not in the literal Zoe Quinn sense although probably that too

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
http://theflounce.com/strange-saga-zoe-quinn-sex-lies-journalistic-integrity/

a pretty good article on how everything is dumb

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
They kinda glossed over what she did to The Fine Young Capitalists.

edit:
Which to me is essentially the main reason why I feel little to no sympathy for her. I don't care about games journalism or that she screwed 5 guys. I care that she hosed a charity over for no reason.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Aug 28, 2014

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

oh i get it saying cuck to everything is hip and cool

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Sylink posted:

oh i get it saying cuck to everything is hip and cool

cuck off

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Good lord.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
sure we're talking about video games now but most of my investments are in the emoji industry... is this going to shake things up

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
The games industry is like a billion dollar shebang. Maybe journalism covering it should be professional and ethical- pfffffff hahaHahaha!

FrostedButts
Dec 30, 2011

Lodin posted:

Good lord.

Corruption everywhere!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsV-lgnAjps

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Real hurthling! posted:

you're mad at her because you listened to a guy talk about her and you accuse her of outrage when her vids are verylongboringlecture.avi

I don't understand this sentence.

Her videos are verylongboringlecture.avi and she uses them to make people mad and in turn rake in money, just as I said. She uses twitter for the same. But if you listen to the anitaconspiracy.avi or whatever on that page, it's seriously like a 2-part, half hour long diatribe done by some autist shut-in "gamer" that's completely unnecessary to state the obvious.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

big duck equals goose posted:

The games industry is like a billion dollar shebang. Maybe journalism covering it should be professional and ethical- pfffffff hahaHahaha!

we really just need fuckedcompany back

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Falsum posted:

Yeah those people are morons. Reminder that her stretch goals stopped at 24k so anyone who donated after that was reached only did it to feel good about themselves but donating to women's shelters was beneath them or something.

because videogames are important, man

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
:ducksiren: my god the twitter feminists are threatning the emoji and emoticon industries

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

thasts agood game

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Lodin posted:

Good lord.

bad poo poo flow chart

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Game journos are really pissy about this and it's amazing

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

lmao

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

gently caress the ROW posted:

:ducksiren: my god the twitter feminists are threatning the emoji and emoticon industries

Why are all the female emoji sexy with big rear end titties smilies and none of young professional female scientists and barbarians?

Going to make my own emoji, maybe see if I can get it bought on the SA forums....one that really shows a unique feminists roots and ideals...

See a preview here.,...

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

With all the cuckbashing it can be easy to forget that there's several types of retards involved here, so thank you for this post.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

remember how lovely braid was

its fart

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Fried Watermelon posted:

remember how lovely braid was

at least the game regarded as the console indie breakout was an actual game where you could hop around and control time and not Zork But You're Sad

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
lol what did SA do

http://makealist.com/content/quinngategamergate-boycott-list

Dec 26, 2012

Lobster Harmonica posted:

Zork But You're Sad

gently caress, well there goes that idea, thanks a lot jerk

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

We're censoring any mention of Zoe Quinn and not allowing any threads about her from what I heard

I'll look into it

Dec 26, 2012

didnt give sloppy blowjobs to the non-zoe side of the argument

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Lodin posted:

Good lord.

seems about right to me

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

some nodding men in the games forum made a few nerds butthurt