Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted:

why would you play a mode that gets rid of like the main reason to play the game

because the titans are actually the worst part of the game

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Jamestown is good, the DLC ships are fun

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

dragon enthusiast posted:

Jamestown is good, the DLC ships are fun
if u like jamestown, u might also like crimzon clover

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
im reading the official polish blizzard blog
apparently trolls are now gypsies and goblins speak in jewish slang loving lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

univbee posted:

what the poo poo are they even worried about, anyway? even if obama decided "you know what? anita is right. no more video games!" there are more games in existence now than you can reasonably play in your lifetime.

i am poor as poo poo and yet my current game backlog across all systems is large enough that if i cleared 1 game a week i'd only "run out" 30 years from now

i don't clear 1 game a week

She's not trying to get rid of videogames you loving tard.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Space-Pope posted:

if u like jamestown, u might also like crimzon clover

got stuck on the last boss of assterbreed but crimzon clover always been on my short list of things to get

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Fabricated posted:

like anita's videos are really loving boring sorry

the most hosed up game I've played that was for a console was Haunting Ground and I don't think she's covered that yet, is she like saving it or something because its way way way more offensive than the retarded "OH MY GOD, YOU CAN KILL *WOMEN* IN THIS SANDBOX MURDER GAME" poo poo

She's not trying to entertain or find examples of the most hosed up games noone has ever heard of. She points out negative tropes against women in mainstream videogames and it makes you mad because your brain is small.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

She's not trying to get rid of videogames you loving tard.

I know that, but most of her dissenters don't get it, next time i'll clarify with an "even if they're right and this is all an elaborate plan by the pussy cartel to ban all videogames" or something

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Knuc U Kinte posted:

She's not trying to entertain or find examples of the most hosed up games noone has ever heard of. She points out negative tropes against women in mainstream videogames and it makes you mad because your brain is small.
:thumbsup:

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

so are the newsweek editors going to get death threats for their corruption. only seems fair right

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

dragon enthusiast posted:

got stuck on the last boss of assterbreed but crimzon clover always been on my short list of things to get
how is astebreed?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
all the social justice fooferah lately is finally making me sit down and watch the femfreq videos so gj haters

Linguica posted:

so are the newsweek editors going to get death threats for their corruption. only seems fair right

only if they sleep with bungie women

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

haveblue posted:

all the social justice fooferah lately is finally making me sit down and watch the femfreq videos so gj haters

only if they sleep with bungie women

so they're perfectly safe then

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i for one am enjoying sjw knuc's posting :)

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Cold on a Cob posted:

i for one am enjoying sjw knuc's posting :)

this is a better, more likeable, knuc

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Here's another question: if the games industry decides to do better and become less sexist but internally, who's going to notice? is someone out there going to complete god of war 5, realize they didn't crush any women and get trophies for it, and get legit-mad?

did anyone complain about rear end creed games eventually getting rid of courtesans as hireable distractions and replacing them with romani or whatever?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

univbee posted:

Here's another question: if the games industry decides to do better and become less sexist but internally, who's going to notice? is someone out there going to complete god of war 5, realize they didn't crush any women and get trophies for it, and get legit-mad?

did anyone complain about rear end creed games eventually getting rid of courtesans as hireable distractions and replacing them with romani or whatever?

wasn't there an outcry about not being able to kill children in fallout 3?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Space-Pope posted:

how is astebreed?

controls like poo poo with an arcade stick but that probably wasn't how they intended it

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Busta Chimes.wav posted:

have you been to the child village?

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
where does me wanting to get my head crushed by furion stormrage fit into all of this is that sexist or am i good to go

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Korean Boomhauer posted:

where does me wanting to get my head crushed by furion stormrage fit into all of this is that sexist or am i good to go

thats probably a male power fantasy which is bad
better check it

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Liver Disaster posted:

fair point but this was before it was released

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Busta Chimes.wav posted:

yes there was

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Liver Disaster posted:

idgi, you can't kill those kids

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Busta Chimes.wav posted:

possibly; come to think of it, fallout 2 came incredibly close to allowing for this and giving an achievement for doing so. then the manager saw what the achievement icon would have looked like, realized what the gently caress they were doing and disabled the ability to kill kids

this was the image

these days (like in the gta games) they just don't put in kids at all and just ignore it, seems to work fine

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

gamers won't care if these things are not in a game as long as they were not there previously, no ones mentions them being removed, or suggests that it's good they aren't there.

it's like if you said a game removed an achievement for punching yourself in the face on video. out of nowhere a million youtubers will do it.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Busta Chimes.wav posted:

fair point but this was before it was released

yeah no its dumb, im p sure the argument was 'but i could do this before!!!'

these people all need therapy, instead they have their own internet echo chambers to scream in and it cures the symptoms but not the cause of their problems

Liver Disaster fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Aug 29, 2014

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

univbee posted:

possibly; come to think of it, fallout 2 came incredibly close to allowing for this and giving an achievement for doing so. then the manager saw what the achievement icon would have looked like, realized what the gently caress they were doing and disabled the ability to kill kids

this was the image

these days (like in the gta games) they just don't put in kids at all and just ignore it, seems to work fine

hmmmm

*removes all women from video games* there i fixed it

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

gamers won't care if these things are not in a game as long as they were not there previously, no ones mentions them being removed, or suggests that it's good they aren't there.

it's like if you said a game removed an achievement for punching yourself in the face on video. out of nowhere a million youtubers will do it.

there's an achievement in dredmore that you only get if you meet the developers and give them your steam id, people were livid about that one lol

peckler
Aug 15, 2004

So what you're saying is that the fallout team removed all the kids before shipping the game. If you support them, you are literally killing innocent bideo game babies.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

univbee posted:

this was the image

but
you can kill children in fo2, you still get the kill counter, its only the pic thats gone

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Linguica posted:

im the mark of a once-respectable news publication

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

peckler posted:

So what you're saying is that the fallout team removed all the kids before shipping the game. If you support them, you are literally killing innocent bideo game babies.

only in the european version
and even then theyre invisible, not removed, so you get invisible thiefs in the den

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

univbee posted:

this was the image

nah, not quite. the icon was removed (for good reason, lol) but you could still murder kids and get the pariah "perk" that would make almost everyone hate you. the kid killing was removed from the european versions by removing all children from the game

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

killing children in previous fallouts gave you a trait that made everybody hate you

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

only in the european version
and even then theyre invisible, not removed, so you get invisible thiefs in the den

lol

i think that you could still get them to take explosives too

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

delete one file from the PC for each children killed

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

peckler posted:

well technically since the kids were never released you're just supporting video game abortion

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

delete one file from the PC for each children killed

require always-online drm not to prevent piracy but to submit to tips.fbi.gov every time a player kills a child

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
hold everything, new game from the dishwasher guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Yq89OhxfA

• Locked thread