Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

poptart_fairy posted:

Can you get the sorcerer's clothing at least?

it looks p lame on ladies because the fuzzy collar isn't there but yes and it's pretty decent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

poptart_fairy posted:

Was this before or after you'd learned the route off by heart.

Well after trying to slog through twice, I realized 'oh this is dumb' so I ignored everything and went and beat the boss.

Stokes fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Aug 28, 2014

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Oh jeeze the Iron Passage is still a pain in the rear end since I last did it. Glad to see they didn't do anything to that place. :v:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Stokes posted:

I did this in one take.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDzYEFLvxYA

Yes but not in the way he says it is.

Sure is nice that your encumbrance is low enough that the Astrologist spell doesn't make you fat roll. I'm sure that's true of everyone...

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

kazil posted:

Sure is nice that your encumbrance is low enough that the Astrologist spell doesn't make you fat roll. I'm sure that's true of everyone...

Since he was dodging all single attacks, fat roll wouldn't be any less effective there.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

I'm pretty sure everything in this game is easy once you have a route down. That's kind of beside the point. Some people like killing poo poo and some people like collecting all the items, and for them the Iron Passage is really annoying and prolonged.

Anyway I've been invading all day and shooting people with a greatbow while they are on lifts is my favourite thing to do and now I need more red orbs.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It's like Shrine of Amana, tedious no matter how you swing it. 'Git gud' doesn't alleviate that.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Hakkesshu posted:

Running past poo poo is my least favourite thing to do in Souls games.

Having just spent time grinding the Minotaur Helm, I disagree. Running past poo poo is extremely annoying, but man farming items is so much worse.

Especially when you're farming Iron Warriors. God gently caress those guys.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Does the Minotaur helmet let you charge into people and knock them down?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Leadthumb posted:

Does the Minotaur helmet let you charge into people and knock them down?

I don't think so, but man that would be great.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

King of Solomon posted:

I don't think so, but man that would be great.

Oh, I heard some of the new weapons have pretty ridiculous moves. I got my hopes up when I read Minotaur helm.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

King of Solomon posted:

Having just spent time grinding the Minotaur Helm, I disagree. Running past poo poo is extremely annoying, but man farming items is so much worse.

Durgo's Hat is my white whale. I got sick of dying to those phantoms and killing the Throne bosses after 8-10 Ascetics.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Leadthumb posted:

Oh, I heard some of the new weapons have pretty ridiculous moves. I got my hopes up when I read Minotaur helm.

Well, it's still a hat, so...

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Durgo's Hat is my white whale. I got sick of dying to those phantoms and killing the Throne bosses after 8-10 Ascetics.

Oh I imagine. I haven't done any black phantom farming for precisely that reason.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

King of Solomon posted:

Well, it's still a hat, so...

They could drat well have made an effect that changes your unarmed jump attack into a bull charge.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Tallgeese posted:

They could drat well have made an effect that changes your unarmed jump attack into a bull charge.

Or just have it override your basic running attack.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I wonder what the third dlc will have to complete the cow head and skirt outfit.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

King of Solomon posted:

Oh I imagine. I haven't done any black phantom farming for precisely that reason.

It's horrible and they should either up the drop rate or remove this nonsense requiring you to use an Ascetic every time. I gave up farming the Monastery Scimitar on my melee guy after I ascetic'd the fire enough that the Painting Guardian would oneshot me.

The only things I wouldn't feel bad about CE'ing in are the black phantom drops. I'm considering trying to save scum the stuff, but that seems like a lot of work. Someone who isnt afraid of From hellbanning them should hook people up.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

I wonder what the third dlc will have to complete the cow head and skirt outfit.

A really generic like magic wand. Like just a stick with a glowing star at the end. :3:

edit: I want to Blue cop as a fairy cow-mother.

Leadthumb fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Aug 28, 2014

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Schwack posted:

It's horrible and they should either up the drop rate or remove this nonsense requiring you to use an Ascetic every time.
Yeah. I really hope that in the next Souls game From throws the current loot system away like the garbage that it is and just let you buy all the gear and/or place it as treasure.
Or alternatively overhaul the loot system to loving drop something when the player has killed the same monster 100+ times.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Schwack posted:

It's horrible and they should either up the drop rate or remove this nonsense requiring you to use an Ascetic every time. I gave up farming the Monastery Scimitar on my melee guy after I ascetic'd the fire enough that the Painting Guardian would oneshot me.

The only things I wouldn't feel bad about CE'ing in are the black phantom drops. I'm considering trying to save scum the stuff, but that seems like a lot of work. Someone who isnt afraid of From hellbanning them should hook people up.

It's honestly kinda baffling. In DeS and DaS1 black phantoms had a 100% drop rate. They didn't necessarily drop what you wanted them to (see: Pure Bladestone), but it always dropped something.

I have no idea why they thought this is a good change.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

RBA Starblade posted:

Two seperate outfits that combine into a pantomime cow when used by co-op players, like those power rangers and transformers that join up into bigger, killier things.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Farming the Berserker Set is fun, too, you don't have to use an ascetic but holy poo poo will you be running blind in a while because he won't spawn every time and if you're unlucky like me, none of the tricks to detect him will work. Took me about 5 hours straight of running there and back again. It was so fun I'll surely never repeat it again. And yeah, I did it offline, otherwise I'd go insane I imagine.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

King of Solomon posted:

It's honestly kinda baffling. In DeS and DaS1 black phantoms had a 100% drop rate. They didn't necessarily drop what you wanted them to (see: Pure Bladestone), but it always dropped something.

I have no idea why they thought this is a good change.

At the very least the phantoms should spawn the same number of times as the zone's other enemies. I'd be OK with 12 shots per ascetic.

lordfrikk posted:

Farming the Berserker Set is fun, too, you don't have to use an ascetic but holy poo poo will you be running blind in a while because he won't spawn every time and if you're unlucky like me, none of the tricks to detect him will work. Took me about 5 hours straight of running there and back again. It was so fun I'll surely never repeat it again. And yeah, I did it offline, otherwise I'd go insane I imagine.

Easiest, but still horrible, method is to climb the ladder and use Unveil.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Bewitched Alonne Sword triggers Old Sun Ring. Huh.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Wait, do you mean doing self inflicting damage to yourself causes the ring to activate?

Oh boy, that might be a bug.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Shindragon posted:

Wait, do you mean doing self inflicting damage to yourself causes the ring to activate?

Oh boy, that might be a bug.

Not really. Chaos Blade and Lost Sinner Sword self damage also do that

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Speaking of blocking, my first 8 runs or so of the game I would always beeline for the Dranglic shield and use that puppy all the way to the end. But I finally gave dualwielding/powerstancing a shot and I can honestly say it feels way more satisfying to pump my AGI to 100 and dodge roll through everything. It just feels so much better and I don't think I could ever go back to using a shield.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I had never seen a black phantom drop anything in my whole time playing this game until one of the Prowlers in this DLC dropped something.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

I had never seen a black phantom drop anything in my whole time playing this game until one of the Prowlers in this DLC dropped something.

A lot of red phatoms have drop tables, its just really rare. For example, any Elite Knight red phantoms can drop any piece of the Elite Knight set at +5 upgrade level.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

A lot of red phatoms have drop tables, its just really rare. For example, any Elite Knight red phantoms can drop any piece of the Elite Knight set at +5 upgrade level.

The only phantom drop I have ever seen is +5 Peasant trousers. :3:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Genocyber posted:

Not really. Chaos Blade and Lost Sinner Sword self damage also do that

Huh, did not know that. I never did tested those because it was a bitch to get sin status.

edit: Most red phantoms drop something in this game. It's just they are a pain in the rear end to get.

To this day?

Still don't have the Armour of Arous.

gently caress.

That.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I'm ready to "help" people. :getin:

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Thumbtacks posted:

I'm ready to "help" people. :getin:

Doesn't work if you're a phantom, only the host.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Leadthumb posted:

The only phantom drop I have ever seen is +5 Peasant trousers. :3:

I got the Warlock Mask from Merciless Roenna once. It didn't work with the fashion souls plan I had, but since I couldn't get the full outfit I wanted till late game, I wore it for a good while int requirement be damned. That thing looks amazing.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Flytrap posted:

oh.

nevermind then.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Flytrap posted:

What doesn't?

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Leadthumb posted:

What doesn't?

If you're wearing a piece of Veldstat's armor when you fight the Fume Knight he automatically goes into his second phase.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I did a full NG+ run with as much discovery boosting items as I could get, it was really cool getting a buttload of items including some quite rare ones. Managed to snag the Merciless Roenna mask for the first time, too. But still haven't seen either the Drakekeeper's Ultra Greatsword or the Greatshield of Glory drop, I'm starting to believe they don't even exist and the NPCs just carry around a painted slab of stone.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Since the thread seems okay with spoilers now, I wanted to post this again since I didn't get any response last time :downs:

The inclusion of this item is proof that this is the best DLC Dark Souls has ever seen. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

How do I do the dlc room with the big headless guy and the four armored skeletons? :psyduck:

I literally cannot commit to any attacks or I die. There must be something I'm missing here.