Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
God I love how he uses "extra" as "etcetera."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
lmao i didn't know that's what he meant

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Real life Marine Todd standing up fer his RITE to a quiet bar. Goddamn civilian scum

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Thermos H Christ posted:

God I love how he uses "extra" as "etcetera."

Holy poo poo thats amazing.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

"How dare you assault my eardrums with your screaming about 'The Browns' you hellions!"

*super cool roundhouse kick knocks hellions through jukebox playing "numb" by linkin park*

*tips fedora to nearby woman, flexing 20 inch biceps*

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I just realized you likely saw a post by a guy who is Mac from it's always sunny

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Suspect Bucket posted:

This kid is unreal

*...is inhuman

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

IrishGreggy posted:

"Notre Dames PR has equaled Ferguson Missouri Police Department."

quote:

I agree. They are both performing well under trying circumstances. The PR guys can only respond at the behest of and within the parameters of the schools admin. The Ferguson police have to perform amidst the lawless shiftless fatherless underbelly of society day in and day out constrained by liberal notions of law enforcement.
Exactly. So many choose to blame housekeeping for how they failed to properly scrub the toilet when in fact they are simply cleaning up the nasty dump of someone who was unable to control themselves. Heaven forbid blame be placed with the perpetrator.

Why would you even draw this comparison to begin with?

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

pillsburysoldier posted:

Exactly. So many choose to blame housekeeping for how they failed to properly scrub the toilet when in fact they are simply cleaning up the nasty dump of someone who was unable to control themselves. Heaven forbid blame be placed with the perpetrator.

Why would you even draw this comparison to begin with?
[/quote]

If this happened in a real argument, everyone who heard that diarrhea metaphor would be so embarrassed, confused, or otherwise thrown off their game that they'd forget the initial comments that started the argument and drop the whole thing. Diarrhea man is then regarded as either the stupidest motherfucker on the planet or a real American hero.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
In a thread about a Vince Young Interview:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2372851

The Iron Duke posted:

Amazing that he graduated college and can barely speak english

kingtexan posted:

That is half of the African-American athletic community

when called on his poo poo by other posters:

kingtexan posted:

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

That's funny.

If there was ever anything that did not require proof ...

kingtexan posted:

Thanks for the neg rep but the statement wasn't racist. Most of the interviews I have seen with African-American players, sportscasters, talking head ex-athletes, etc. they do not have an accurate knowledge of the English language, or maybe they just think it is cool to talk ghetto. Either way they come across as being illiterate. Get mad at me if you want, but you should be mad at their teachers, coaches and parents. If you are a part of society that wants to be perceived differently .. do something to change the perception.

b0ng fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Aug 25, 2014

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
People like this get so mad when you toss up Richard Sherman as an example of a "non-thug" player, too.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Nothing is funnier than watching a bulk lifter try to do martial arts. It goes like clockwork every time and they end up on the ground with NO idea how the 185 lb guy just flipped him on his rear end

They also turn amusing shades of purple if Mariusz Pudzianowski's MMA career is any indicator.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

quote:

Apparently [Ohio State Quarterback] Braxton's shoulder has been iffy at best all Spring/Summer. Meyer, Braxton & Tom Herman knew this and they knew he really shouldn't play this year. However they wanted the AP & Coaches to think he was playing so they could secure a high pre-season ranking. Then shortly after the rankings come out he miraculously re-injures the shoulder (apparently) and requires season-ending surgery. Real story is:

1) he was never playing
2) they wanted a high top five ish ranking
3) he wanted another full year of recovery/coaching before his 2015 Natty campaign with an absolutely stacked team
4) He'll enter the 2016 Draft as the projected #1 QB after Winston and Mariota go this year.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Ironically that sounds like a very Urban Meyer thing to do

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

The only thing that bothers me about that post is "Natty."

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Yeah, I was just thinking, that one seems like it could be true...

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm not one to delve into conspiracies and such, but Miller can redshirt this season. Why not try to use it as best you can, as described in that post (that I'm pretty sure was the plot of an episode of Coach).

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:

Anime Reference posted:

They also turn amusing shades of purple if Mariusz Pudzianowski's MMA career is any indicator.

I saw him in a match versus a washed up Tim Sylvia. Most boring fight ever.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

turbomoose posted:

I saw him in a match versus a washed up Tim Sylvia. Most boring fight ever.

This is different from a Tim Sylvia match in his prime how?

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:

Mel Mudkiper posted:

This is different from a Tim Sylvia match in his prime how?

Tim Sylvia in his prime had many other terrible UFC fighters around him so it wasn't as obvious that he was terrible too.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

That one round where Randy Coture stood up and styled on Sylvia was pretty fun.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Oh man, here's an all-star post from the SBNation Falcons board regarding the topic of bringing Michael Sam to Atlanta.

Falconitus posted:

Not trying to be mean but

thanks, but no thanks. We don’t need a circus in town at this time. I’ve never seen a seventh round pick making headlines as much as this guy and the headlines are for something that has nothing to do with football. Maybe New Orleans?

And the hits...

Falconitus posted:

Really?

Most of the pre draft stuff I read had him listed as probably going I drafted or at best a very late round. The coming out stuff may have happened hoping for an edge. Regardless, it has nothing to do with football. If it wasnt for that alone I suspect no one would have ever even heard of this guy. Football needs to be about football and your sex life needs to be between you and whoever else it involves. IMO.
*If not for being gay as hell, no one would have heard of the SEC Defensive Player of the Year.

Holy poo poo

Falconitus posted:

I read that but couldn't figure out if

he needs to come to Atlanta because he’s gay or because he plays football. I’m thinking any time anyone makes football about things that have nothing to do with football it’s a mistake. Kinda like saying Johnny Football needs to be drafted by LasVegas because he likes to party. I’m thinking from a football standpoint many teams had a chance to draft this great defensive wonder and somehow dropped the ball. Could it be he’s not that great? No, of course not. We all know what it will be because of. That, we don’t need.

:barf:

Falconitus posted:

Yea, I hear tell he has moves

at getting into backfields that would make the average man blush.

Wow, That was a loving thread that kept on giving.

I need to figure out if Falconitus has a twitter feed, because I think it would be proof of a creator.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Aug 31, 2014

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I love when people blame him for not keeping it to himself when he was basically keeping it to himself at Missouri, but he wasn't outright hiding it. The media found out about it, and Sam gave his statement so he could be the one to say it. He didn't do anything wrong. The reality show probably could've waited a couple years, but w/e.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I decided the SBNation Rams board needed to be checked in on.

richromeo21 posted:

Applaud the Football decision

Personally I could care less who he sleeps with (as long as it’s not a kid). I want players that would help us win. If there was an openly gay qb that could throw 4500 yards and lead us into the playoffs then sign me up. Sam played here with class. Fisher and Snead made a football decision. We don’t need to stack extra players on the D line. We need some depth on the Oline, qb, CB, and linebacker.

Sam played with heart. He solves a lot of problems… But they are football problems we don’t have. Would love to see him hit the practice squad and be there if needed.

Now let’s figure out the rest of the team. Was Mallet released?

He finished strong but he started off with a whopper.

When is America going to stop attributing pedophilia to homosexuality? Who the gently caress started that anyway?

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Aug 31, 2014

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Chilichimp posted:

I decided the SBNation Rams board needed to be checked in on.

He finished strong but he started off with a whopper.

When is America going to stop attributing pedophilia to homosexuality? Who the gently caress started that anyway?

Basically every monotheistic religion in the past two thousand years, in some form or another. Not just America, as well. There's been a longstanding 'connection' in people's mind that homosexualitiy also means you gently caress things like kids and animals, because that's just the level of depravity you're sinking to. This is obviously wrong, but it's going to take time to untangle a literal millennia of anti-homosexuality misconception.

But hey, people also used to think tomatoes were poisonous, now we cant get enough of them. Medieval thinking can and does get changed.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Whats the point of finding posts that make you mad and posting them here, I get it if they are funny but you're just digging up stuff to be offended by.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

African AIDS cum posted:

Whats the point of finding posts that make you mad and posting them here, I get it if they are funny but you're just digging up stuff to be offended by.

Source your quotes, man.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

When is America going to stop attributing pedophilia to homosexuality?

Given that the biggest football news story since O.J. Simpson was the Penn State situation, putting that disclaimer is entirely fair.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Yeah I give that guy the benefit of the doubt as a disclaimer for any NFL player.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Some real #hotsportstakes from Acme Packing Company regarding the Packers cutting totally unremarkable receiver Gillett in favor of Rolle on the practice squad.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
My condolences for having to suffer through such a puke GM's reign.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Great White Hope posted:

Given that the biggest football news story since O.J. Simpson was the Penn State situation, putting that disclaimer is entirely fair.

Yeah, man, I guess I just don't feel that kind of distinction is necessary, but since the rest of the post was coherent he probably deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Most Rams fans were lauding Sam and seem genuinely bummed he didn't make the roster or the PS. Falcons fans were discussing him because we have basically no one who can get after quarterbacks consistently except the Osi, who had a down year in 2013. Not confidence inspiring. Falconitis was a diamond in the rough, even on the Atlanta boards, his story needs to be a cautionary tale.

African AIDS cum posted:

That's what this thread is, man...

from the OP:

Detergent posted:

Any branch of Rivals, 247, or any small, team specific site is full of this kind of poo poo. Also applicable, the comments section on sports articles on newspaper sites, Facebook arguments about football (blur out names) and horrible political chat from football sites. Just basically anything from a football forum that exemplifies the contempt you feel for so many of your fellow fans of the game.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Sep 2, 2014

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

African AIDS cum posted:

Similarly why do you keep reading threads that you know are going to make you mad?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The most Get Off My Lawn thread from the most Get Off My Lawn fanbase.

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=500647

quote:

I enjoyed it much more during the pre-cap, pre-free agency years, but I still like it. I can relate to what you are saying. For some reason, I can't think of an upcoming season that has excited me less. I've barely paid attention this year from the draft forward (which is pretty unusual for me). I don't know why.

As far as non-Giants games go, I pretty much lost interest in most of those during the 1990s somewhere (probably coinciding with the rise of the cap/FA).

quote:

There was a thread a while back with pictures of Giants players from the 80's and 90's and prior. I can't remember if it was Greg or GoTerps that said it but, there was just something about those pictures that felt great. I think it was more than nostalgia. I think they represented a time when football was just more fun to watch than it is now.

Its just not the same anymore, and it seems like every year my interest lessens a bit more. I will always watch the Giants any time I can but, watching "football" just isn't what it used to be for me.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I think it's more than nostalgia. I think it's *defines nostalgia*.

Nice, sometimes the simple ones are the best.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
He enjoyed football more in the 80s than he does now. I'm not sure why that's so horrible.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

MourningView posted:

Similarly why do you keep reading threads that you know are going to make you mad?

You shouldn't hold grudges

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
Today's probably full of low hanging fruit when it comes to bad posts. Here's a couple I found, both from the same guy.

quote:

Ban him for life? People are so unrealistically, judgmental, nowadays. He made a mistake, AS WE ALL HAVE, AND WILL AGAIN (DESPITE IF IT'S SOMETHING LIKE THIS OR NOT). His wife forgave him, GOD has forgiven him.....why do we always want people to do what (we) feel they should? moveon.com

quote:

Yes (I saw the video). Was it wrong? Absolutely. Am I going to sit here and pretend to be judge, jury, and executioner? Nope. He'll get another chance, as he should. His wife forgave him.....him trying to gain my forgiveness is irrelevant, because there's no need. Let these 2 people (married, by the way) live their lives.

moveon.com guys. moveon.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
This is like shooting fish in a barrel, but Rivera announced that Cam will be back for next week against the Lions. Here are a few fan reactions:

Idiot one posted:

NO! Stick with Anderson

Idiot two posted:

I say we keep Anderson!!!

Idiot three posted:

Anderson had 230 passing yards. 2 TD's. 0 Interceptions. .. and yall say he sucks?? Alright, let me see the oh so high and mighty "super man" beat those stats this year.

Idiot four posted:

Our chances of winning just went down

Idiot five posted:

Him being a game manager is exactly why he should start over cam. While every other qb is studying the playbook, cam's playing cheerleader

Idiot six posted:

Cam must've saw Ron after the game, for fear of his starting job was in jeopardy! D.Anderson put us in the win column last Sunday, candy superman puts us in the loss column this Sunday!! Leave Anderson in!!!

I could continue. For the most part, these people have been called out for being crazy morons and there have been some legit concerns about Cam not rushing himself back too soon but c'mon, really? Derek Anderson has one good game in TYOOL 2014 and you wanna make him the starter?

• Locked thread