Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

what, you don't like pizza?

Obama Yo Mama posted:

I guess Miller? I don't particularly like either. At Sankey's ADP, I'd rather take a WR and you can usually get Woodhead a half-to-full round later than Miller.

I still don't know why more people aren't taking Dunbar. He's going at like 140 overall people.

Jonathan Stewart, Dunbar, McCluster, or Shonn Greene, .5 PPR?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Someone dropped Bishop for Mark Ingram. We have a stupid 4RB cap.

What's the deal with Maclin? Not a name you hear a lot.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Dunbar has the highest upside and is a personal target of mine, I think he's this year's Woodhead. McCluster would be 2nd on the list but when comparing offenses and people in front of him*, I like Dunbar loads better.

The Carolina backfield is a mess, I've taken DWill as an RB5 or 6 a few times but I've never once sniffed Stewart. I'd have him on WW speed dial but I'm not rostering him at this point until he shows he's healthy AND Williams shows he's not. Neither thing has happened at the same time since like '09 afaik

*Not meant to disparage Murray, it's more of a Greene and Sankey will be rotated so much that he might get lost in the shuffle at times. Whereas any passing down snaps that don't go to Murray are definitely going to Dunbar.

vvv e: Agreed.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Aug 28, 2014

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

Love Maclin as a WR3 with upside. His ADP was a little too high for my liking though

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???
Maclin's another one of those "when, not if" injury guys that some people are a little gun-shy about. If he's healthy he's the feature WR in a very aggressive offense with a QB coming off a killer second half. We've just never seen him out there for a full 16.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
I like JStew as an RB4/RB5 because he is actually really talented and Cam is dealing with a hairline fracture which could limit their use of the zone read and QB rushes. He's the type of guy I would wait to see how weeks 1 and 2 go and sell high if he scores a few TDs.

The problem of course is that JStew is never healthy and he was ostensibly born with two broken ankles.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Mikey Purp posted:

I like JStew as an RB4/RB5 because he is actually really talented and Cam is dealing with a hairline fracture which could limit their use of the zone read and QB rushes. He's the type of guy I would wait to see how weeks 1 and 2 go and sell high if he scores a few TDs.

The problem of course is that JStew is never healthy and he was ostensibly born with two broken ankles.

Yeah but his ADP is practically "Undrafted" in most leagues, so he's a perfect RB4/5. If he's healthy he will be a spot start/flex, if not who gives a poo poo.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Sorry, that's what I meant but I see how it could have read differently. He's someone that is worth drafting real late and stashing to see if he looks good through the first few weeks before shopping or dropping him.

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

Franks Happy Place posted:

Yeah but his ADP is practically "Undrafted" in most leagues, so he's a perfect RB4/5. If he's healthy he will be a spot start/flex, if not who gives a poo poo.

Would you rather have him or Shonn Greene though?

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Obama Yo Mama posted:

The Carolina backfield is a mess, I've taken DWill as an RB5 or 6 a few times but I've never once sniffed Stewart. I'd have him on WW speed dial but I'm not rostering him at this point until he shows he's healthy AND Williams shows he's not. Neither thing has happened at the same time since like '09 afaik
For what it's worth, everything I've read about JStew this preseason has been really positive. He's healthy at this moment and on film he's looking like he's recaptured the form that made him one of PFF's most elusive backs and a constant breakout candidate. Stewart is only 27 while Williams is on the wrong side of 30 so this could finally be his year to shine. I'm buying him as a legit post-hype sleeper since he's basically free right now. Him and Mark Ingram are two guys I'm getting really tempted to pick up.

God I feel so dirty writing that.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So now Lattimer is in Decker's old role? I thought that was Emmanuel Sanders role? A better Decker?

Also, I'm hurting leaving Hillman on the waiver wire...I just don't...believe...in Ball...just...no more bench spots...

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

drat you guys Hyping on JStew. Don't know what to do now.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

JStew is going to be an RB2 until he gets hurt, honestly. I don't see Cam doing his usual work via his feet for a bit and Stew will be very productive both catching short passes and running up the middle as a change of pace.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

keldegar posted:

drat you guys Hyping on JStew. Don't know what to do now.

I don't think I'd be up nights worrying about the differences between the RB47 and the RB50. If you're starting either one outside of bye weeks, your team is doomed.

89 posted:

Also, I'm hurting leaving Hillman on the waiver wire...I just don't...believe...in Ball...just...no more bench spots...

Hillman has been terrible every time that he's been pressed into action, and he'd be in a committee with CJ Anderson if Ball were hurt.

coronaball fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Aug 28, 2014

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
Anyone think Ahmad Bradshaw is worth picking up from waivers on the basis that T-Rich will likely suck giant monkey rear end ?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

89 posted:

So now Lattimer is in Decker's old role? I thought that was Emmanuel Sanders role? A better Decker?

Only in the Red Zone, Sanders will still be Decker between the 20s. until Welker goes mush brain and the Broncos realize that their best 3 wide set is DT and Latimer on the outside with Sanders in the slot

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Drop Terrance West for Latimer?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

No. Absofuckinglutely not. I hate West for possibly being good for the Cowboys too, but he's on a team with an even worse defense than the Broncos and is the #3 target instead of the maybe #4 target.

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

coronaball posted:

I don't think I'd be up nights worrying about the differences between the RB47 and the RB50. If you're starting either one outside of bye weeks, your team is doomed.

What else is there to do except rosterbate until the season starts?

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
I think Cody Latimer is going to be a lot more involved in the offense than some might realise, particularly in the red zone. Broncos didn't draft him to play next season...

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I just remember that guy on this forum last year that was a big Broncos fan letting the cat loose on Julius Thomas one week before week 1 and saved my tight end in every league. This year, Latimer? Damnit! I'd have to drop Jordan Matthews for him and I don't think I can do that..

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

89 posted:

I just remember that guy on this forum last year that was a big Broncos fan letting the cat loose on Julius Thomas one week before week 1 and saved my tight end in every league. This year, Latimer? Damnit! I'd have to drop Jordan Matthews for him and I don't think I can do that..

When (not if!) Maclin goes down in Week 4 with a case of the Maclins, Matthews instantly becomes solid loving gold. So far in the pre-season they are using him a lot like they used DJax last year, lots of in-space scheming etc.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

This is my roster in a .5 PPR:

QB: Aaron Rodgers
WR: Demaryius Thomas
WR: Pierre Garcon
RB: Jamaal Charles
RB: Ryan Mathews
TE: Dennis Pitta
W/T: Percy Harvin
W/R/T: Cordarelle Patterson
BN: Brandin Cooks, Cody Latimer, Jeremy Hill, Carlos Hyde, Terrance West, Christine Michael

Is this trade worth it? My gut is telling me yes.

GIVE: West

GET: Rudolph

I feel like I need another pass catcher. I like Cooks' upside, but he's my only viable bench option and at the end of the day he's still an unknown. I'm also really fond of my "one of these RBs will blow up and be a flex-maybe-RB2 so just hoard them all" strategy so I'm afraid to sell on West. The guy with Rudolph is rotating Tate and Gore in his RB2, his only other RB is Knowshon, and is keeping Julius Thomas in the 17th.

I feel like this would help both of us out immensely, but I'm also wondering if I should just stand pat and see how things shake out. For reference, if Latimer flames out, Boykin, Hawkins, Brown and every Patroits WR but Edelman are on the wire as potential WR6.

anime gently caress pillow posted:

No. Absofuckinglutely not. I hate West for possibly being good for the Cowboys too, but he's on a team with an even worse defense than the Broncos and is the #3 target instead of the maybe #4 target.

You're thinking of Williams but I probably wouldn't do it either unless you're loaded at RB and really need a WR flier. Anyone else as a potential drop candidate?

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Aug 28, 2014

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Oh gently caress, you're right. I'm a moron. West is the guy who is going to almost certainly unseat Tate.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

keldegar posted:

What else is there to do except rosterbate until the season starts?

Think about all the PPR fantasy gold people will be missing by not drafting kyle juszczyk

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Azhais posted:

Think about all the PPR fantasy gold people will be missing by not drafting kyle juszczyk

i mean he is probably going to catch 25-40 passes this yWHY THE gently caress ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

gently caress i just added him to my watch list :negative:

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Hey, Beer4theBeerGod, thanks again for the sheet. But apparently the sheet labeled for me is actually AfroTastikk's. Is there any way you could look into this and locate mine? I thought maybe we had the same stats at first but that's not the case. Also, I've looked near my name and I'm not seeing my sheet.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Obama Yo Mama posted:

gently caress i just added him to my watch list :negative:

He's my Secret Weapon(tm) week 4 on my dynasty team since every single RB I've got has a week 4 bye other than Kyle and Bobby Rainey :suicide:

Not that I actually have any expectations of doing well in that league.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I forget, is it Cecil Lammey or Sigmund Bloom who's the Broncos homer?

He called J. Thomas about 2 years too early and didn't say anything about dynasty.

I like Lattimer but lets not go crazy here.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

LmaoTheKid posted:

I forget, is it Cecil Lammey or Sigmund Bloom who's the Broncos homer?

Cecil is the Broncos' beat writer

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Azhais posted:

Cecil is the Broncos' beat writer

Thanks. I mean, he wasn't wrong about Orange Julius, he just jumped the gun a bit (also, injuries like woah for his rookie season).

He's probably not wrong about Lattimer either but there's a lot of mouths to feed in Denver.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

LmaoTheKid posted:

Thanks. I mean, he wasn't wrong about Orange Julius, he just jumped the gun a bit (also, injuries like woah for his rookie season).

He's probably not wrong about Lattimer either but there's a lot of mouths to feed in Denver.

Yeah, I might buy in if Welkah or Orange Julius were injured, but as it stands I don't get the hype in redraft formats. He's a fine stash, but not a WR3 just yet.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Obama Yo Mama posted:

This is my roster in a .5 PPR:

QB: Aaron Rodgers
WR: Demaryius Thomas
WR: Pierre Garcon
RB: Jamaal Charles
RB: Ryan Mathews
TE: Dennis Pitta
W/T: Percy Harvin
W/R/T: Cordarelle Patterson
BN: Brandin Cooks, Cody Latimer, Jeremy Hill, Carlos Hyde, Terrance West, Christine Michael

Is this trade worth it? My gut is telling me yes.

GIVE: West

GET: Rudolph

I feel like I need another pass catcher. I like Cooks' upside, but he's my only viable bench option and at the end of the day he's still an unknown. I'm also really fond of my "one of these RBs will blow up and be a flex-maybe-RB2 so just hoard them all" strategy so I'm afraid to sell on West. The guy with Rudolph is rotating Tate and Gore in his RB2, his only other RB is Knowshon, and is keeping Julius Thomas in the 17th.

I feel like this would help both of us out immensely, but I'm also wondering if I should just stand pat and see how things shake out. For reference, if Latimer flames out, Boykin, Hawkins, Brown and every Patroits WR but Edelman are on the wire as potential WR6.

You're thinking of Williams but I probably wouldn't do it either unless you're loaded at RB and really need a WR flier. Anyone else as a potential drop candidate?

I'd do the trade, I'm stupid high on Rudolph, and think he'll be the #5 TE this year behind the big 3 and Vernon Davis. Norv Turner loooooves his TE plays, Rudolph has the skill, and Cassel is just the type of mediocre QB to dump it to him. I'm drinkin that koolaid.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hey Beer4TheBeerGod, I just grabbed the latest beersheet from the OP and there's an issue with it: the sheet labeled R 14-1 on the tab, contains the heading for 16 team 0 PPR 6PaTD (and there's no R 16-0 sheet that I can find). It's a duplicate of the R 16-0 6PaTD sheet.

Naturally I need the 14-1 sheet, and probably some folks need the 16-0 sheet too. Any chance of an updated one?

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

The only thing I hate more than hippie neo-liberal fascists and anarchists are the hypocrite fat cat suits they grow up to become.
What do you guys think about (my)Doug Martin for (buddy's)Andre Ellington and either Bradin Cooks or Ben Tate.

I think Martin is poised to have a big year, but I love Ellington and Tate or Cooks have potential upside. Standard scoring, 12 man league.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Samu posted:

What do you guys think about (my)Doug Martin for (buddy's)Andre Ellington and either Bradin Cooks or Ben Tate.

I think Martin is poised to have a big year, but I love Ellington and Tate or Cooks have potential upside. Standard scoring, 12 man league.

I still don't have faith with Martin this year (possibly because he burned me last year) so I would take that trade. I'd certainly wait to get some additional opinions before accepting though

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Welp, Bengals gave Hill 20 carries over 2 quarters, and now he's left the game with an elbow problem. Goon favorite Sammy Watkins had also left the bills game with a rib injury. Awesome.

(for the love of god don't panic and drop anybody though)

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hill's injury is reportedly minor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Samu posted:

I'm inclined to go with the Ellington+ end of that deal. Arians has a big mancrush on Ellington and his usage in the preseason has been really encouraging. Martin will see a solid volume to start the year but I'm still afraid of Lovie/Tedford potentially using multiple backs and Martin could see a hit to his numbers during the second half after Charles Sims returns. It's borderline though and I can see arguments for either RB. Go with whatever your gut says.

• Locked thread