Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

GaussianCopula posted:

There is an interesting theory that they (production) is throwing Frankie under the bus to make Derrick the hero of the season, because they want the winner to be "loved" by America. They did it this episode by portraying Frankie as the one that didn't want to safe Donnie, even though he is fighting the hardest to keep Donnie, while Derrick pumps the breaks on it. The only reason Frankie did not want to do it as a TA task is that the task had to be accomplished at the Veto Meeting (so that we can vote today) and they had no realistic chance to "safe Donnie" by that time.

They generally dont make America the HoH. Last season America became MVP, but probably only because they did not want Elissa to always be the MVP.

Given how well making Canada and the Cat ladies HoH worked to shake up the house on BBCAN2 I'm surprised they weren't willing to do it when they figured out everyone hates Frankie (unlike Elissa who the Cat ladies loved).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Curtis of Nigeria
Jan 9, 2009

blue squares posted:

Can you explain how (and why) Frankie wants Donny to stay? He's seemed to want him gone all game.

If Nicole gets evicted, Frankie will want him gone again, next week. He is afraid of Nicole.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Okay so he's not trying to save Donny, he just wants to vote out Nicole. That's why he wasn't willing to go easy on the POV

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Propaganda Machine posted:

The three of them had a 50% shot of winning veto to take Donnie off, which is a better chance than they have of winning the cash right now. I'm pretty sure Frankie just wants him gone.

blue squares posted:

Can you explain how (and why) Frankie wants Donny to stay? He's seemed to want him gone all game.

*feedspoiler*

Frankie fears Nicole much more than Donnie ever since the DE episode where Nic and Hayden threw him under the bus. Afterwards Nic was the HoH that tried to have Caleb throw a BoB to get Frankie out and Frankie was a major part of the movement to get her out. The fact that Donnie has never nominated Frankie and only won 1 HoH (Nic 3) makes Frankie fear Nicole much more than Donnie. He even convinced Caleb to support the move to vote Nicole out, but Derrick does not want to do it, because he believes that Cody has Nicole under control and Cody doesn't want her voted out.

As for the task, Frankie simply believed that his (sister's) followers + the fans of Derrick and Donnie would be enough to give them the money regardless of the actual task. He has no idea that the edit would be so much against them on this task.

EDIT: He could never have used the POV on Donnie without MAJOR blowback from his alliance. Him or Derrick using the PoV on Donnie was never on the table.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

GaussianCopula posted:

*feedspoiler*

As for the task, Frankie simply believed that his (sister's) followers + the fans of Derrick and Donnie would be enough to give them the money regardless of the actual task. He has no idea that the edit would be so much against them on this task.

Or because he's a self-important attention whore who thought America just wouldn't be able to resist giving him $5k for his absolutely brilliant Joey impression.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Propaganda Machine posted:

Or because he's a self-important attention whore who thought America just wouldn't be able to resist giving him $5k for his absolutely brilliant Joey impression.

No he literally said "It doesn't matter what we do, THEY WANT TO GIVE US THE MONEY. They love us, thats why they voted us into TA".

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Frankie was completely dismissive of the possibility of failing this task. He basically thought they could do anything and get the money because they're so loved. Which kind of makes sense since Frankie has had next to no involvement in most of the tasks this season so it makes sense he'd think they were super easy. Last week Derrick and Donny were bitching about it since Frankie didn't take part in that Neighborhood Watch at all but the two of them stayed up all night for it.

I was so happy that they showed the real Frankie in that candid DR clip. Not the preening with the makeup but that totally different tone and dismissive personality. That's who he is when he isn't presenting this character and we haven't seen enough of him on the show this season compared to how much we've seen of the character.

I don't really think Derrick was bsing too much or that the edit was unfair. Frankie's been anti-Donny for weeks and had no interest in saving him as the task. Derrick did cry when talking to Donny and I think he genuinely felt bad after talking to him. Don't get me wrong, Derrick wants Donny to go home and the edit is pampering him a little but Donny has a way of getting to you as a person and Derrick is a decent person when it comes down to it. He's also the only Bomb Squader who doesn't think Donny is some evil shcemer or secret agent. So I just think it got to him after Donny laid on the guilt trip.

But Derrick wants Donny gone and has wanted Donny gone way before Donny said anything to Cody and Christine last week. Don't let the show fool you now that its realized Frankie is a lost cause and shifted its good edit to Derrick.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

How will this likely Donnie Exit become The Frankie Show?

Found out LIVE on BIIIIIIIG BROTHERRRRRR!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Show starts and Donny is crying and Frankie is mugging for the camera.

BB16.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Live stream for those affected by awful, awful preseason football
http://livetvcafe.net/video/8UUHUYR3HNX5/CBS

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its on WLNYH if you're in the NY area. Channel 10 on my tv.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
:siren: Christine's husband on tonight! :siren:

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

Mahoning posted:

:siren: Christine's husband on tonight! :siren:

:spooky: HOLY poo poo :spooky:

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I bet an avatar to someone that he says it's a game move for her and he doesn't mind

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

On twitter he's generally said its game so he's not angry but he's not happy either and they need to talk. I assume it will hold up tonight.

I also assume we won't remember anything except his ears.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

Tide posted:

I bet an avatar to someone that he says it's a game move for her and he doesn't mind

No he's been melting down on twitter all season, he's definitely pissed

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
#BBHolla

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Gotta go with hashtag Big Black Titties!!

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Julie is weirding me out with her pants-wearing.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHAHAHAHA gently caress you frankie and derrick

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

OVERWHELMING no. Nice!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Is it just me or is Frankie's golden edit getting tarnished? First that candid DR moment slipped through yesterday and tonight we got his "that bitch" line which could have easily been removd. They also didn't really need to show that DR where he said he was 100% for Donny going home until he saw Nicole getting along with people. They easily could have skipped that and made it seem like he was motivated to keep Donny for Team America like he tried to make it sound later.

It seems like BB might have finally thrown in the towel on that one.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Ah-ha... gently caress you Frankie!
:911: America! gently caress YEAH! :911:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueywqUBW3oM

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Haha definitely a deliberate choice to pick Frankie

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Overwhelming NO to Frankie

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
OVERWHELMING NO! Lololol

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Hahahaha eat it Frankie and Derrick.

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

All comedy is derived from fear.
Any chance that could scare Frankie and Derrick enough to keep Donny?

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
lol this fuckin guy hahahahaha

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

You know I don't even care if she is shaming him, those ear things shame him more than anything she could do.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Illuen posted:

Maybe but I think the way Julie emphasized the "overwhelming no" thing will get the non TA member's gears turning as to it's meaning.
It was so out of place.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Eltoasto posted:

You know I don't even care if she is shaming him, those ear things shame him more than anything she could do.

yeah that dude is pretty ridiculous, they make sense as a couple now

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Illuen posted:

Ask yourself if this is something you want, if the answer is yes then it won't happen.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The family moment was really nice. Donny and Derrick got me a little misty

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
Holy hell are the dragging Christine over the coals. Not that I care.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Cody's dad is jealous of Christine.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Wow... Cody's dad has such kissable lips!

Right Cody?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

This guy is such a goober. I think he's trying real hard to convince himself.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Christine's husband is Rango.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
Julie's burning Christine the Witch at the stake! :devil:

Mahoning posted:

Cody's dad is jealous of Christine.

No kidding! I liked how Cody was all like "I can't wait to go home and mess with my dad all day long! :haw: "

• Locked thread