Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

picking out all of the lovely things in your post is like finding waldo in the land of waldos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Slanderer posted:

giant bomb is back to great now that The Redeemer dan ryckert has shown up to make it super stupid again

i love ryckert but i have no idea how that dumb motherfucker even stays alive

Dec 26, 2012

giggity

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Same.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

That was the worst thing I've ever seen. Ever.

Dec 26, 2012

Gunder posted:

That was the worst thing I've ever seen. Ever.

you must not have seen many things

but yeah it was pretty dumb

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

dude told the doctor he couldn't see and hosed up his eyes for 2 whole years with coke bottle glasses he didn't need.

bombcast is finally worth a listen now that gems like that get dropped every week.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
i loving love family guy!

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Slanderer posted:

giant bomb is back to great now that The Redeemer dan ryckert has shown up to make it super stupid again

Yes.

I also love how he is simultaneously good at video games and also a big dumb moron who can't figure out how games work.

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994

what cartoon is this?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

4outof5 posted:

what cartoon is this?

Gravity Falls

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf

Proteus4994 posted:

picking out all of the lovely things in your post is like finding waldo in the land of waldos

why are you so sexist

Jombo
Feb 20, 2009
Pour some mountain dew on the carpet in homage to the only real games journalist who ever lived:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMEg6mfTfF4

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
What would Ryan David do

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I think there is something wrong with the subtitles on your tv i'm pretty sure quigmire did not say those

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Why is it that no one on either side of this stupid internet war poo poo can spell?

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

4outof5 posted:

what cartoon is this?

lol how have you never seen southpark you loving nerd?

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://www.reddit.com/r/MensRights/comments/2etmqs/the_postzoey_quinn_antisjw_tsunami_backlash/

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Proteus4994 posted:

lol how have you never seen southpark you loving nerd?

it's bojack horseman

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5-51PfwI3M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKmy5OKg6lo

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

This poo poo is like Iran going to war with North Korea

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Was social justice always this bad or is it just more out in the open with Tumblr? I wanted to say the Internet but I've been using the Internet for 20 years now but I don't remember people being this extreme until recently.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Aug 29, 2014

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Seriously though, loving cognress

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
There was no corruption before the internet

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Was social justice always this bad or is it just more out in the open now that there's the Internet?

Pockets of extreme feminists always were cuckoo. George Carlin was doing routines on it back in the day.

Obviously there's plenty normal of social justice stuff that's really good for society.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Was social justice always this bad or is it just more out in the open with Tumblr? I wanted to say the Internet but I've been using the Internet for 20 years now but I don't remember people being this rabid 4 or 5 years ago.

the internet is the magnifying glass owned by the bastard red headed neighbor kid who would burn ants and crap his pants every time he would want to come over and play Nintendo.

Dec 26, 2012

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Was social justice always this bad or is it just more out in the open with Tumblr? I wanted to say the Internet but I've been using the Internet for 20 years now but I don't remember people being this rabid 4 or 5 years ago.

its mostly that more shut-ins who would otherwise molder away left to their own devices can now voice their opinions

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Was social justice always this bad or is it just more out in the open with Tumblr? I wanted to say the Internet but I've been using the Internet for 20 years now but I don't remember people being this extreme until recently.

Social justice is fine, social justice people are maybe not fine

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Jonad posted:

i love ryckert but i have no idea how that dumb motherfucker even stays alive

You'd be surprised. One of my college roommates tried to make spaghetti, for the first time, by bringing a pot of red sauce up to a boil and putting the dry noodles in it.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Spiky Ooze posted:

Obviously there's plenty normal of social justice stuff that's really good for society.

Yeah, I support all the obvious poo poo (gay marriage, equal pay, etc) but now I apparently have to check my cis/white/male/thin/ privilege every where I go.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Aug 29, 2014

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

are yall homosexuals coming here with poo poo arguments? SURE ARE

but i forgive you. you are forgiven, it is ok.

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo

01011001 posted:

its mostly that more shut-ins who would otherwise molder away left to their own devices can now voice their opinions

school bullies are awesome because they tell those kinds of people to shut the gently caress up

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

luncheon meat posted:

school bullies are awesome because they tell those kinds of people to shut the gently caress up

i should find my bully and thank him

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Phil Niekro posted:

i should find my bully and thank him

lol a guy randomly apologized to me on Facebook for some poo poo he did in high school and I was like, "I would have done the same thing and I was a dick to people in high school too" and now we're dude bros.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

The Clinton years gave us the self-esteem movement really taking root in elementary schools, the Bush years built up lots of teenage angst at the same time that the spread of home broadband internet connected everybody all together, and then Obama's campaign and election convinced them that they're actually Making a Difference and emboldened them.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Fat Lowtax posted:

Social justice is fine, social justice people are maybe not fine

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
SJW are mostly unemployed liberal arts majors so thanks obama

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I wish there was an endgame to all of this. Like video games being over. Or all video game websites and conventions shutting down. Or indy devs declaring a boycott of the business.

But it's just going to burn out and nothing cool is going to happen. Fish was the only one to really care about this story, and just end his company.

lol A man actually decided to shut down his business because his business website was hacked.

Imagine a real business doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

the idea of justice in society is chill af but 95+% of people who claim to advocate for social justice online are basically children. and like most children they aren't capable yet of seeing a complexed and nuanced world. so they treat social justice as sort of a shibboleth, like how in high school you can be ostracized for the wrong clothes or liking the wrong bands or w/e. these are people who were picked on in high school and are re-creating that environment in their late teens and early 20s, but with them in charge, and with the "in-group" feature being ostensibly beneficial to society so they can avoid the guilt. they're emotionally stunted (wo)manchildren who deserve more pity than scorn.

of course there are a subset of them who are actually full adults who are aware of what they are doing but do it anyways, or who have let their zeal and persecution complex completely outstrip reason. a lot of these are freelance bloggers who are often featured on huffpo, the daily dot, slate etc. these are absolute basement tier human garbage who would best serve society by being processed into nutrient paste.

this has been a gibbis seriouspost

*farts loudly*

• Locked thread