Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
Art of Pizza is pretty awesome, although I had forgotten about the Pequod butter crust. Hnnnng.

I do miss the Chicago pizza quite often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way, wouldn't I?
Instead of Papa John's, just drink your pizza.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
The best pizza is Monical's Pizza, but I am pretty certain that's only available in Central IL; at least, I've never seen it in Chicagoland since moving up here. That pizza is incredible though, thin crust, semi sweet sauce, with sausage, onion, and green peppers on top.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

americanzero4128 posted:

The best pizza is Monical's Pizza, but I am pretty certain that's only available in Central IL; at least, I've never seen it in Chicagoland since moving up here. That pizza is incredible though, thin crust, semi sweet sauce, with sausage, onion, and green peppers on top.

It's ok pizza, I certainly don't go there to eat on my rare visits back to UIUC. The best pizza is in NYC, Grimaldis on Water St in Brooklyn.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Mad Mushroom at Purdue!!!

...wait no that pizza is...not good.

Grimm Vicar on the other hand sounds amazing: http://instagram.com/p/sQFwlcOaao/

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
NYC Goons - Almanac is coming to NYC next month!

I wonder what the price point will be like, but either way I'm just really excited to have more world-class sours in this city.

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

Ubik posted:

In Lagunitas news, the first quart bottles of Lagunitas Sucks rolled off the line in Chicago today. :q: I'm so happy we got to brew this one.
Oh man, we in the UK are real happy about the Chicago brewery. Overnight to NYC, then onto a ship, and to us. Mmm. I was drinking Sucks with the rep the other week and can't wait for it even fresher.

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

I have a pretty fucking good palate, passed BJCP and level 2 cicerone which is more than half of you dudes can say, so I don't give a hoot anymore about this toxic community.

New Sofie packaging is pretty.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Austin has hit Chicago level insanity. There's reports of people right now literally following the Austin Beerworks truck in hopes of scoring that 99 pack of anytime ale :wtc:

https://twitter.com/AnytimeAle/status/505076390430277632

air- fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Aug 28, 2014

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

pugnax posted:

Art of Pizza is pretty awesome, although I had forgotten about the Pequod butter crust. Hnnnng.

I do miss the Chicago pizza quite often.

Pequod's is far and away my favorite. That may have something to do with my old house being close enough to the Skokie location to go in once or twice a week for the $5 personal pan + drink lunch combo. It's still drat good though.

americanzero4128 posted:

What no, no it's not the best. It's okay, but kinda forgettable. Honestly I more fondly remember One World for being tasty while trashed on Green St at 2am.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Eejit posted:

What no, no it's not the best. It's okay, but kinda forgettable. Honestly I more fondly remember One World for being tasty while trashed on Green St at 2am.

Everyone knows Papa Del's is the only good pizza place in central Illinois.

Let's Talk Beer 3: PIZZAPIZZAPIZZAPIZZAPIZZA

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

danbanana posted:

Everyone knows Papa Del's is the only good pizza place in central Illinois.

Let's Talk Beer 3: PIZZAPIZZAPIZZAPIZZAPIZZA

One of the tragedies of going to UIUC was that I couldn't actually get deep dish as good as what I'd find in Chicago, Papa Del's included. It just wasn't the same :(

UIUC had good drunk person pizza, but just couldn't cut it on the real pizza frontier. drat shame, too.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

BIAB Cantillon Saint Lamvinus 2013 29,99 €

Cromlech
Jan 5, 2007

TOODLES
The only Lagunitas IPAs I like are Hop Stoopid and occasionally Sumptin Extra. Sucks has this weird malt base that just doesn't sit with me - I think I would be more privy to it on draft. I'll be going to the Bell Mawr Canal's soon with my friend so I'll let you guys know if its better than my local shop (it probably is price wise). It sucks, I love the layout, selection, and how friendly the staff is at my local shop but some things are just hideously priced.

I got a bottle of Imperial Red today, I wonder if it holds up to Nugget Nectar?! I'd like to be surprised by this one considering how cheap the bombers are.

Also got Stoudt's Fourplay IPA, SN Narwhal, FW Oaktoberfest (its not aged on oak, they just.. Put oak in the name apparently.), and Coronado Orange Valley Wit. All new beers for me, excited to try - I didn't know Coronado had distribution all the way in the east coast.

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

I have a pretty fucking good palate, passed BJCP and level 2 cicerone which is more than half of you dudes can say, so I don't give a hoot anymore about this toxic community.

Cromlech posted:

The only Lagunitas IPAs I like are Hop Stoopid and occasionally Sumptin Extra. Sucks has this weird malt base that just doesn't sit with me - I think I would be more privy to it on draft. I'll be going to the Bell Mawr Canal's soon with my friend so I'll let you guys know if its better than my local shop (it probably is price wise). It sucks, I love the layout, selection, and how friendly the staff is at my local shop but some things are just hideously priced.

I got a bottle of Imperial Red today, I wonder if it holds up to Nugget Nectar?! I'd like to be surprised by this one considering how cheap the bombers are.

I'm not sure where you're located but if you stop by at my Canals on a Sunday, it's in West Deptford, I'd be glad to point you towards some beers and pour you some drinks at the growler station. Just let me know! This Sunday is bad though, we're going to be swamped.

Edit: Also try Lagunitas Maximus if you haven't, it's fantastic.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Retemnav posted:

Instead of Papa John's, just drink your pizza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-tl4Km1l7E&t=75s

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

a worthy uhh posted:

BIAB Cantillon Saint Lamvinus 2013 29,99 €

Out of stock.

Is it me or is that really expensive? That's almost $45. Are they just catching on that they can charge whatever they want and people in the US will buy it?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

danbanana posted:

Out of stock.

Is it me or is that really expensive? That's almost $45. Are they just catching on that they can charge whatever they want and people in the US will buy it?

Last round was 25.5eur. I think they got a small batch - it was limited to 2pp - and so they charged a premium on probably the last of the 2013 bottles.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

krustster posted:

double extreme edit: speaking of the Taste, does Haymarket bottle anything? I loved everything I tried from them and they may have been my favorite brewery of the fest.

Forgot to respond to this but... No. Draft/growler only for now. I heard talk about cans but that was a while ago.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
Had a bottle of the Bell's Mars tonight. Was underwhelmed to be honest, but I think I'm just over the big IPA thing. Was essentially an amped up Two Hearted.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Celebrated closing on our house and getting our keys by drinking a bottle of DeuS with the wife. So much better than champagne...

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

El Jebus posted:

Celebrated closing on our house and getting our keys by drinking a bottle of DeuS with the wife. So much better than champagne...

Congrats :respek: Was a bottle of Firestone Walker XV for us!

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???
CCB Rum BA Caffè Americano is legit business, you guys.

This has more of a coffee flavor than BCBCS and a massive vanilla punch that borders on overkill. There's a small sting from the rum barrel but I'm not sure I'd be able to pick out that it was aged in rum barrels instead of, say, port or brandy barrels. Probably due to the cacao giving it an even richer mouthfeel.

Very indulgent. I feel like I'm not wearing nice enough clothes while drinking it.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

wattershed posted:

CCB Rum BA Caffè Americano is legit business, you guys.

This has more of a coffee flavor than BCBCS and a massive vanilla punch that borders on overkill. There's a small sting from the rum barrel but I'm not sure I'd be able to pick out that it was aged in rum barrels instead of, say, port or brandy barrels. Probably due to the cacao giving it an even richer mouthfeel.

Very indulgent. I feel like I'm not wearing nice enough clothes while drinking it.

So what happened to the sale of the extra bottles of this?

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

pugnax posted:

Had a bottle of the Bell's Mars tonight. Was underwhelmed to be honest, but I think I'm just over the big IPA thing. Was essentially an amped up Two Hearted.

"amped up Two-Hearted" sounds like something that I want to have around all the time.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Aw yiss

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Aug 29, 2014

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

!!!!!!!!!!

air-
Sep 24, 2007

I came

ExtremistCow
Oct 15, 2005

If it's anywhere near as good as Quetsche, this will be amazing.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

More regarding Barrel Aged Bomb, it was in Brimstone barrels:
http://www.balconesdistilling.com/brimstone

Expect a good chunk of smoke! I can see why they wouldn't have used Single Malt/Baby Blue because those are both distinctly different, but I'm not sure if I'd be able to pick out their flavors when everything that Bomb has going on is thrown into the mix.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Something I noticed with both the new Pirate Bomb labels and the Whiskey Bomb labels is that they don't list the adjuncts like the OG Pirate Bomb label does. Do we have any confirmation that it's the same beer, even?

air-
Sep 24, 2007

So if anyone actually cared about those beers that were "exclusive" to the Stone Berlin indiegogo thing... oh lookie :radcat:

https://www.robly.com/archive?id=f14f0db99ad5a5ba8bf20804fb0d2903

e: I was wondering what you meant by "new label"...

air- fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Aug 29, 2014

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

air- posted:

So if anyone actually cared about those beers that were "exclusive" to the Stone Berlin indiegogo thing... oh lookie :radcat:

On the IndieGoGo they were selling distributor packs, they're probably just pre collecting cash to buy one of those.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

air- posted:

Is anyone really surprised by this?

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

IS the yard of ale a thing anywhere but the UK?

From personal experience it's basically impossible for mortals.

consensual poster
Sep 1, 2009

We have our first fresh hop beer sighting in Portland! Fresh hop Laurelwood Workhorse IPA. :woop: I love this time of year.

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

So excited, Zwanze day is coming to Australia this year! Getting hyped.

Apache
May 11, 2004

Spanish Manlove posted:

So what happened to the sale of the extra bottles of this?

We've yet to hear from the CCB Catador guys on the new online sale date for the extras.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Spuckuk posted:

IS the yard of ale a thing anywhere but the UK?

From personal experience it's basically impossible for mortals.

There is a chain in the US called The Yardhouse. I don't know about other states, but in Florida they serve half-yards (because a full yard falls into the 32-128 oz. illegal territory.) They usually have something decent on tap, and over 100 taps depending on the one you go to. They don't get rare or limited release stuff though oddly enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

swickles posted:

There is a chain in the US called The Yardhouse. I don't know about other states, but in Florida they serve half-yards (because a full yard falls into the 32-128 oz. illegal territory.) They usually have something decent on tap, and over 100 taps depending on the one you go to. They don't get rare or limited release stuff though oddly enough.

The other thing they don't do - at least the locations around Vegas I've been to - is clean their lines. Ever.