Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Today I bought AOE Drift instead of saving my money for a hypothetical much cooler thing and now I am sad.

I bought leader Grimlock because my masterpiece Grimlock was supposed to arrive today and didn't and I wanted to play with a new dinosaur and I'm super disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Should have bought the Kre-O G! Grimlock. He's super cool.

It's like the Zeta Gundam had a child with an IDW Transformer.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Sockser posted:

I bought leader Grimlock because my masterpiece Grimlock was supposed to arrive today and didn't and I wanted to play with a new dinosaur and I'm super disappointed.

Even I won't defend Leader Grimlock, particularly his Rex mode. Man, that had the potential to be so cool if they spent a bit more time designing it instead of slapping chrome on it.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I'm fine with the chrome, and a lot of other bits.

I'm bothered by
1. Those goofy hip/shoulder joints that you can't pose
2. No review mentioned this and I didn't notice it until I transformed him but yes kinda like... Flat? He should have a nice round body but instead it looks all smooshed in the y direction and then stretched in the z direction.

Still, I needed a movie Grimlock to go with the rest, I guess.

Are the platinum BBTS dinobots still happening or did that become the G1 SDCC dinobots? I've been holding off on buying the dinobots because I figured I'd get those but I can't seem to find anything other than the original posts on them.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Sockser posted:

We are dumb but we can do better next time if we try harder. I have to keep believing it.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Sockser posted:

Are the platinum BBTS dinobots still happening or did that become the G1 SDCC dinobots? I've been holding off on buying the dinobots because I figured I'd get those but I can't seem to find anything other than the original posts on them.
Still happening, but no date yet as far as I know.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/sponsor-news-19/bigbadtoystore-shared-exclusives-preview-aoe-generations-figures-180861/

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
looking at the Prime with the Sideswipe repaint in it. Someone forgot to make the door on the back matter in Vehicle mode.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Just finished reading the latest MTMTE. It is pretty full on, I know Roberts was hinting that the DJD was coming back, but didn't expect it like this. I really enjoyed the conversation between Ravage and Megatron, there was more character development to Megs in that conversation than what's happened to him in all the past IDW issues, and maybe during the Marvel era.

One thing I found interesting was the DJD killing Whirl, even though Megatron warned the Decepticons that he was the only one who would take Whirl down. It will be interesting to see how Rewind is handled next issue, cos he has got to have the worst case of PTSD ever

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I am really liking this trend of third-party MTMTE stuff...but where the hell is a third-party Rodimus?

I guess he won't be made unless they make him a combiner?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Captain Magic posted:

I am really liking this trend of third-party MTMTE stuff...but where the hell is a third-party Rodimus?

I guess he won't be made unless they make him a combiner?

Just you wait, we're gonna have 9 different third party Rodimus combiners (the components are all smaller Hot Rods).

All I'm asking of Hasbro is that they heavily retool Animated Roddy into MTMTE Rodimus.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

An official MTMTE Rodimus has gotta come sooner or later. Third party dudes need to make a Rod Pod for him.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I always felt like there was no way Overlord could've been taken down by just being shot down in an escape pod at a distance. So of course, by proxy that meant Rewind was alive.

Would've been really awkward if Chromedome went through with getting rid of his memories.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Just because a phase sixer could survive does not mean that a lil robot could.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

SlothfulCobra posted:

I always felt like there was no way Overlord could've been taken down by just being shot down in an escape pod at a distance. So of course, by proxy that meant Rewind was alive.
Roberts isn't any good at really setting a consistent bar as to what phase sixers can or can not do, so better not to really think about it. I do sort of wonder if the implication here is that they were working for Tyrest in this timeline. I guess that would explain why they can do something Prowl explicitly stated they can't. They were haunting around Delphi in the main timeline and maybe Tyrest made a pitch they couldn't ignore.

And yeah, he is probably alive in the main timeline. Overlord is really wacky, he could have decided he would prefer Rewind survive with him and stuffed him in chest or something.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Ugh. Alternate timeline. People dying that we know won't be dead "for real" unless Roberts has decided he's gonna be the GRRM of TF comics.
Like everyone who reads a lot of Marvel and especially X-Men, I am so sick of alt. timelines and terrible futures that I get almost a physical response of revulsion.
I did really want the DJD back though, so there's at least that.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Blackheart posted:

Just you wait, we're gonna have 9 different third party Rodimus combiners (the components are all smaller Hot Rods).

All I'm asking of Hasbro is that they heavily retool Animated Roddy into MTMTE Rodimus.

Here is the Rodimus Combiner:

Left Arm: Kup
Right Arm: Drift
Left Leg: Ratchet
Right Leg: Ambulon
Head: Rod Pod, operated by Megatron.

Rodimus comes with the package set, complete with action poses of "Head held in shame" and "I didn't WANT to be part of my own combiner, anyway! That's why I'm not included."

The expression with him saying, "Are you kidding? Become a gestalt? No way am I going through that," is a bonus set which includes a G1 accurate gun is sold for 50 more dollars.

Captain Magic fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Aug 28, 2014

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I honestly think that 'our' Rewind is dead, kaput, exploded but expect a PTSD alt-Rewind to stick around from here on in. Overlord's totes still alive, though, no doubt about it. Most likely, he'll run into Megatron and the gang along with the DJD and it'll be awkward team-up time because those guys do not gently caress around.

As for killing alt-Whirl, was Megatron presumed dead following all that D-Void/Deceptigod bobbins? If so, that might explain why they might decide "gently caress it, we can waste him too now"

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Diet Poison posted:

Like everyone who reads a lot of Marvel and especially X-Men, I am so sick of alt. timelines and terrible futures that I get almost a physical response of revulsion.
I did really want the DJD back though, so there's at least that.

Hey now. Alternate timelines are the only timelines where someone can actually die or any sort of real change not mandated by corporate overlords can happen. I actually look forwards to those.

(Elseworlds doesn't count, I don't really care about DC one way or the other.)

You know Bumblebee and Shockwave are coming back down the line, right? Jus' like good ol' Bucky and Jason Todd.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
When Bumblebee comes back, I will pull my head off, Optimus style, and throw it out a window.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
If you're going for Style you should do it like Fort Max. And then your head can turn into a Tiny dude and still run your life while a bunch of dudes live in your body.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
All kinds of dudes have been in my body. :dance:

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
It's not really an alternate timeline. It's the same universe, same timeline. Just an alternate Lost Light.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

RaspberryCommie posted:

It's not really an alternate timeline. It's the same universe, same timeline. Just an alternate Lost Light.
It is from an alternate timeline. You're really finessing the point here.

Sentinel Red posted:

As for killing alt-Whirl, was Megatron presumed dead following all that D-Void/Deceptigod bobbins? If so, that might explain why they might decide "gently caress it, we can waste him too now"
I think given what Black Shadow said to Tarn and his response that is essentially a very minor plot hole or something Milne drew without realizing it. Plus, wasn't it all a fantasy anyway? That isn't what actually 'happened' - I sort of assume the ship is blown up because they did something quite drastic to it, to take the crew out without a fight.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Whatever happened to the last time machine that showed up in these comics that Drift's old boss had?

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Spotlight: Wheelie happened.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
It suddenly occurs to me that Magnus/Ambus is as close as the current series gets to a Brainmaster. I suggest he be known as the 'Brain of Rocking A Wicked 'Tache' from here on.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Diet Poison posted:

When Bumblebee comes back, I will pull my head off, Optimus style, and throw it out a window.

:toxx:
Video required.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Yeah they have to make a new Rodimus, we're getting close to have the entirety of the Lostlight Crew. Maybe he'll be leader class or something?

I also really want a new Blue Bachus figure, not that I have any great love for the original toy, I just think the name is awesome.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Isn't there a Rodimus-No-Just-Kidding-A-Springer-Repaint coming?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Rhyno posted:

Isn't there a Rodimus-No-Just-Kidding-A-Springer-Repaint coming?

It's one of those ludicrously expensive and limited "Cloud" releases, IIRC.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

Oooh that's right. Those dicks.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

DoctorWhat posted:

I'll be honest that Hellwarp figure looks drat sharp in those colors.

gently caress, pretty much anything looks cool in Skywarp's colors.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I'm like way behind in the comics and I moused over some of those spoilers because I can't help myself and oh God do I regret doing that.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah, I haven't kept up since I've needed to put money elsewhere. It's fun playing Spoiler Minesweeper in this thread.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Looks like my three local Walmarts in North Texas have finally gotten a shipment of Rattraps among the other various toys, managed to pick one up for myself with a few left over on the shelves.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.
I've been combing through TRU for SkyByte and Roadbuster to no avail. Any other Ohio guys find either? We ddi get a shipment of Prowls in that I already bought from their website.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Mine had the legion guys; lockdown; a three peice Bumblebee, Stinger and Strafe, and a two pack of Optimus and a deluxe Grimlock. They were unimpressive.

Try Target for Roadbuster and Skybyte

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Honest Ray posted:

I've been combing through TRU for SkyByte and Roadbuster to no avail. Any other Ohio guys find either? We ddi get a shipment of Prowls in that I already bought from their website.

do you have Target? I see a lot of Roadbusters there.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.

Anora posted:

do you have Target? I see a lot of Roadbusters there.

We do. I'll have to swing out and check tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
http://youtu.be/VQ21RjeeDsI?t=3m45s

Given how wildly popular nemesis prime is in the US, I hope hasbro can pull a "GDO situation" and just mass release him.