Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Yeahhhh that doesn't look good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I'm more surprised that there's still no 3rd party or chinese versions of that part since it's so easily replaceable. Give me colored options!

There's this I guess but it's just a skin.

cronox2 fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Aug 29, 2014

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Reverse Centaur posted:

Nice - so after waiting until 4:30pm local time on my first day off since Tuesday for PSN to come back up, Madden apparently has its own maintenance that is running late. I'm going to Seattle tomorrow so next available play time is in a week.

This always-online future is wonderful.

I travel probably 200+ days per year due to work. Guess what entertainment appliance I take with me.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

C2C - 2.0 posted:

I travel probably 200+ days per year due to work. Guess what entertainment appliance I take with me.

Fleshlight?

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

boz posted:

Fleshlight?

:smith: Busted.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
What am I looking at?

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Dewgy posted:

That actually looks really terrible, especially at the edges. It looks like "sandpapered plastic" to me.

It is sandpapered plastic. Actually, more accurately, it's green scouring padded plastic.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I guess I'm blind because I don't see anything. My ps4 sits in the TV Stand I have no clue what it looks like anymore.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Hekk posted:

It is sandpapered plastic. Actually, more accurately, it's green scouring padded plastic.

It really captures that "iPhone 3GS that lived in my pocket for like three years" look.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Perfect for the person that really likes the look of ruined plastic without the time to ruin it.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

Got Wood?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I'm totally soft looking at that, actually.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah that's really hideous. Covering a PS4 with stickers just looks bad.

I do like this one however which is actual wood. It's comically over priced at $300 though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So, I know I have been championing the idea of switching to Xbone sticks for the last day, but not only did the touchpad stop working (seems like an easy fix) but now my battery won't charge at all. Everything seems fine with it. I didn't even unplug it when doing the switch. It's like whatever charge it had last night just ran out and it didn't chatge beyond that.

poo poo, this may have been a bad idea...

E: whoops double post.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Talkc posted:

Got Wood?

I think I'm eventually going to go with a mahogany/black titanium combo so that my PS4 looks appropriate for all the pixel art indie games coming out for it.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Talkc posted:

Got Wood?

If the 70s taught us anything it's that you need fake leather to balance out fake wood

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I just rage quit a game on my 360 and took the opportunity to move it to the lovely tv in the bedroom to make way for my upcoming destiny ps4 bundle.

very excited to have fewer imput options on my tv now - btw, does ps4 support HDMI-CEC and commandeer the screen when you turn it on like my chromecast does or will I still need the remote to flip to it?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

I just rage quit a game on my 360 and took the opportunity to move it to the lovely tv in the bedroom to make way for my upcoming destiny ps4 bundle.

very excited to have fewer imput options on my tv now - btw, does ps4 support HDMI-CEC and commandeer the screen when you turn it on like my chromecast does or will I still need the remote to flip to it?

It'll take over when you turn it on. I think you have to enable it but I love the feature.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It's great on my PS3 until all those times I accidentally hit the blu ray remote.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
So now I have three level 70s on Diablo 3. Barbarian, Wizard, Demon Hunter. Playing a Crusader now. I felt like Demon Hunter has been the weakest of the bunch so far. The dual-resource mechanic is cool but it just ends up being "Hatred is what I use to actually kill stuff, and discipline is used for spamming vault". Once you over-gear your difficulty a little bit and have the right skill setups I found it to be a good bit of fun for keeping a fast momentum through Rifts. With things like Multishot, Strafe and Dual Chakrams, you can really start clearing through a ton of monsters very quickly. You can even vault into groups of weaker mobs to clear them out if you have the first rune that shoots arrows out.

Anyway, on to Crusader.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

classes with beam weapons seem like they'd be hard to use without a mouse.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Real hurthling! posted:

classes with beam weapons seem like they'd be hard to use without a mouse.

Nah, it turns them into twin-stick shooters where you just have to stand still. It's really fun to just disintegrate tons of enemies.

dashKADE
Apr 8, 2013

O C C O Q U A N
Ya'll're just jealous. :colbert:

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Looks bad. Also please clean your vents.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Just stuff the thing into an Atari 2600.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

dashKADE posted:

This also looks bad, but in a way I can get behind. The dust somehow adds to it I think, it just looks like yer ol' PS4 from back when you were a kid.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

dashKADE posted:

This killed any desire I once had to buy a ps4.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I would buy anything wood covered if I could but fake wood is bad. Gotta be the real thing.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Wood is one thing, that looks like a table in a lovely diner.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

echronorian posted:

Wood is one thing, that looks like a table in a lovely diner.

Complete with a yellowy tobacco film. That might just be on the camera lens though.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

what...the gently caress is with exterior console modification and the people who partake in it?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

second-hand smegma posted:

what...the gently caress is with exterior console modification and the people who partake in it?
I spray painted my PS1 red back in the day. It was badass...and I was a dumb teenager.

dashKADE
Apr 8, 2013

O C C O Q U A N
My PS4 is groovy as gently caress and none of you can convince me otherwise.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Pleads posted:

Well at least we'll remember.

:911:

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I put a big ugly Gex sticker on my PSX and tried to tear it off within 30 minutes of putting it on. It sorta half teared off and I gave up. I had a half torn off Gex sticker on my console ever since.

Flooger
Dec 26, 2004

Who the gently caress didnt have a sticker from PSM on their Playstation back in the day?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The Milkman posted:

If the 70s taught us anything it's that you need fake leather to balance out fake wood

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I've bought Bound by Flame on a disc, since I can always trade it in, and so far the hilarious low-effort voice acting keeps me entertained, but I were not prepared for how hard the game is: I'm playing on what is supposed to be normal, and the enemies kill me in 3 hits, I kill them in ten and if there are more than two, then I'll better die right now. All of the abilities seem underpowered and hardly do any damage, I've gotten a Game Over ten times in a row and I've managed to fail a sidequest during the prologue...and despite all that, I want to go back to the game and try out different strategies to hopefully brave the odds and I have no idea why, it's bizarre.

Szurumbur fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Aug 29, 2014

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Every single PS4 skin on this page and the last is horrible.

The only true amazing one is the White PS4.

September 9th. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Really the only one that doesn't look stupid is the regular black one.

• Locked thread