Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I don't equip them for funnsies when not doing vaults, what are you guys talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You know how if you have ten energy restores equipped and then use one, you still have nine energy restores? If you're equipping a dragon key, you're not equipping just a single key, you're equipping your whole stack of that type of key. So it's not auto-equipping the next one, it's just that you only used up one key out of the stack.

Figured this out the hard way. Yes, with a stack of Hobbled Keys. :negative:

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
God, this new UI. It's prettier sure, but there are so many places where it's categorically worse in terms of accesibility. At absolute best it's a wash, but so many of the important visual cues I relied on previously are just gone or hugely understated (comparatively) now. So much wasted space.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
It's not hard to tell that DE is primarily artists, huh? Hopefully PWE send them a loving project manager or something.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I'd settle for someone hired off the street to stand by their desks and smack their knuckles with a ruler every time they start redoing yet another loving part of the UI. LEAVE IT ALONE FOR A WHILE. Fix some of the broken poo poo first, then you might get UI privileges back. Maybe.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Aug 29, 2014

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

WeaponBoy posted:

God, this new UI. It's prettier sure, but there are so many places where it's categorically worse in terms of accesibility. At absolute best it's a wash, but so many of the important visual cues I relied on previously are just gone or hugely understated (comparatively) now. So much wasted space.

But it's never been that way before, the effect usually disappears when you open the vault. Even if you have a key in storage.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
You can shoot bombards(?) Rockets out of the sky this makes me insanely happy.

Also pubbie nekros with a gun that destroys the body's. :wtc:

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.
I quit playing this just before the flying frame (Zephyr?) was supposed to come out, and a friend asked me to help him get started so I'm picking it up again. What's changed since then? I see there are dogs that you breed(?), they added T4, and I'm guessing a few new frames. Any of them worthwhile? Are Rhino and Nova still completely broken? What new weapons should I be working on? Are there any new major mechanics I should be aware of?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

frood posted:

I quit playing this just before the flying frame (Zephyr?) was supposed to come out, and a friend asked me to help him get started so I'm picking it up again. What's changed since then? I see there are dogs that you breed(?), they added T4, and I'm guessing a few new frames. Any of them worthwhile? Are Rhino and Nova still completely broken? What new weapons should I be working on? Are there any new major mechanics I should be aware of?

Just go for whatever looks cool. In the end it's all mastery fooder.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's not hard to tell that DE is primarily artists, huh? Hopefully PWE send them a loving project manager or something.
because what Warframe needs is that "Folding@Chicken Manufacturing Concern P2W minigame" focus

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
I feel like anyone playing this game hasn't played a :dice: game or Day Z. I've played this game for two weeks and they've already had at least five hot fixes. They may not be the best, but at least they're trying.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

BarkingSquirrel posted:

That's not a price guide that's my personal creed. And you can't say I haven't had success. The only time I spent money was on poo poo you can't buy with credits OR plat.
You having success does not automatically equal me having success, that's what I've been trying to tell you for weeks now. :bang:

Fat Samurai posted:

These two seem to be related.
I... what? I could have sworn I've kept a 2 stack of each key and had it switch between debuffs when I pick up an artifact.

I also had the pleasure of seeing someone with the hobbled key voluntarily pick up my artifact after I opened up the door and get double hobbled.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

CrashCat posted:

You having success does not automatically equal me having success, that's what I've been trying to tell you for weeks now. :bang:
I... what? I could have sworn I've kept a 2 stack of each key and had it switch between debuffs when I pick up an artifact.

His price guide can work, but it can entail advertising for hours on end. How much plat you can juice out of pubbies tends to depend on how patient you are. Eventually an impatient and/or desperate pubbie will show up. Fridays and Saturdays also seem to be better for selling.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

CrashCat posted:

The trick is to accept the fact that the pubbies don't want their money, they just don't know it yet.

In reality though it is a very time-consuming process to control or profit off of the market. Remember WildStar, much? I was probably the second or third richest person on Warbringer, and I spent a good six or seven hours every day just doing nothing but making money. It's not like there was anything better to do in that game at max :v:

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

tehinternet posted:

I feel like anyone playing this game hasn't played a :dice: game or Day Z. I've played this game for two weeks and they've already had at least five hot fixes. They may not be the best, but at least they're trying.

Or MechWarrior Online. DE may be dumb at making not-broken things but they do not hate their players with a passion, break actual promises and ignore non-whale players.

Stories of PUBBIES:
1. I saw an actual Loki with nothing but a katana, thinking he is a badass and ran past everything, while invisible, to the assassination target. And got mowed down by the fatty with the gun and the others. A pubbie Rhino joined the game a few minutes earlier and went to save him. He also died. A Rhino and an invis Loki. JFC.
2. A pubbie ran past everything on a level 30 mobile defense Grineer (!) straight to the console. He got there, didn't wait for the rest of the team and activated the console. He then promptly died and the console destroyed, before the rest of the team got there.
3. On a mobile defense mission, a lvl 30 pubbie Rhino decided to bring nothing but his Orthos Prime. My lvl 18 Nekros killed most of the enemies in the mission.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

wid posted:

Or MechWarrior Online. DE may be dumb at making not-broken things but they do not hate their players with a passion, break actual promises and ignore non-whale players.

Stories of PUBBIES:
1. I saw an actual Loki with nothing but a katana, thinking he is a badass and ran past everything, while invisible, to the assassination target. And got mowed down by the fatty with the gun and the others. A pubbie Rhino joined the game a few minutes earlier and went to save him. He also died. A Rhino and an invis Loki. JFC.
2. A pubbie ran past everything on a level 30 mobile defense Grineer (!) straight to the console. He got there, didn't wait for the rest of the team and activated the console. He then promptly died and the console destroyed, before the rest of the team got there.
3. On a mobile defense mission, a lvl 30 pubbie Rhino decided to bring nothing but his Orthos Prime. My lvl 18 Nekros killed most of the enemies in the mission.

They recently added an achievement for completing x number of missions (I think 10) with only a melee weapon equipped. Why they would try to accomplish it at advanced levels is beyond me, but that's why you're seeing that.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I got the 3000 points, and when I got the last Cryotic email I was completely cracking up. :zoid: :ramsay:

Our world-shaking crisis, ladies and gentlemen.

What is it?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Hobbled keys also slow you down in your ship

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

vOv posted:

What is it?

We're risking our skin and ending countless lives for Cryotic so this guy can move delicious jellyfish without any spoilage.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

tehinternet posted:

The bugs are a feature, sometimes!

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Only 40K Cryotic for the Ice Beam weapon goons, get farming!

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I got the stealth kills achievement last night while carpet-bombing with my Attica.

Whoever all said Mirage + Attica + Thunderbolt is good was totally on-point. Holy poo poo the explosions.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Whats the best way to farm dog mods, just sit near some kubrow dens and endlessly slaughter ferals that spawn?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Fishstick posted:

Whats the best way to farm dog mods, just sit near some kubrow dens and endlessly slaughter ferals that spawn?
Sadly, it's not endless, but you're on the right track. Get a very, very low damage weapon and shoot the dens with it once or twice when the dogs stop coming out, and use Desecrate if you have a Nekros. When shooting the dens doesn't work anymore blow them up and go find the next set. Definitely goes much better with the Desecrate so if you don't have one of your own beg someone else to take care of that.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010
Dog mod farming tips:

1. Leave every den untouched and kill the dogs. Wait a bit to see if some more come out to grab resources, kill them if they do.

2. Once the den stops spawning dogs, hit one of the 2 dens (almost all come in pairs) with a weak attack once. This should spawn a dog from each den. Do this twice to each den. After this you can kill the dens.

3. One of the potential extraction points has a big hill before it and at the top are 2 dens, destroy the one closest to the extraction point and then jump on top of it and start killing dogs. Stay there and wait. The other den should keep sending out dogs in batches of 3-4 for quite a while. This is the best place to farm dog mods that I've found.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Captain Oblivious posted:

His price guide can work, but it can entail advertising for hours on end.
I don't advertise at all. I simply sit in the dojo and watch trade chat while eating my meals and respond to WTBs that I can fulfill then go back to what I was doing before when I'm done. Since 14 though its 99.9% dog imprint poo poo being spammed in the chat.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

EroticBlacksmith posted:

3. One of the potential extraction points has a big hill before it and at the top are 2 dens, destroy the one closest to the extraction point and then jump on top of it and start killing dogs. Stay there and wait. The other den should keep sending out dogs in batches of 3-4 for quite a while. This is the best place to farm dog mods that I've found.
I had that happen once so I know the exact one you mean, is it really repeatable? I tried a few times but it only worked once

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

BarkingSquirrel posted:

I don't advertise at all. I simply sit in the dojo and watch trade chat while eating my meals and respond to WTBs that I can fulfill then go back to what I was doing before when I'm done. Since 14 though its 99.9% dog imprint poo poo being spammed in the chat.

Oh well there's your problem. You should advertise. Quite often people don't do WTB at all, they just see what they want being advertised and PM that person and then get fleeced by that person.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

hooah posted:

I got the stealth kills achievement last night while carpet-bombing with my Attica.

Whoever all said Mirage + Attica + Thunderbolt is good was totally on-point. Holy poo poo the explosions.

I was going to post exactly this, minus the mirage part.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Oh well there's your problem. You should advertise. Quite often people don't do WTB at all, they just see what they want being advertised and PM that person and then get fleeced by that person.
...But Crashcat is the one with the problem. I did what I said for 2 weeks and got ~2500 plat. I don't view that as a problem.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

BarkingSquirrel posted:

...But Crashcat is the one with the problem. I did what I said for 2 weeks and got ~2500 plat. I don't view that as a problem.

Oh right I mixed the two of you up. :v:

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I'm normally pretty okay at trading in games, but I think due to a combination of there not being an official trading/auction house and me having played before trading was even possible... I just haven't even tried yet. I'm pretty sure I have some spare prime parts/blueprints I could pawn off, but I wouldn't know where to start with pricing things.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Clocks posted:

I'm normally pretty okay at trading in games, but I think due to a combination of there not being an official trading/auction house and me having played before trading was even possible... I just haven't even tried yet. I'm pretty sure I have some spare prime parts/blueprints I could pawn off, but I wouldn't know where to start with pricing things.

http://wftrading.net/

Since it's the end of summer right now, you could expect on a lot of items to be able to get a normal price by highballing it a little, but in general I've found this website to be rather helpful. I've flipped a lot of items this way.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Honestly I've found that the Normal price on that site tends to be way higher than what things actually sell for most often. Narrowminded at 22p? Pffffttt not with everyone and their brother publically selling it for 8-14

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Sandweed posted:

Only 40K Cryotic for the Ice Beam weapon goons, get farming!

I will do that myself tonight if goons don't. I know I gave a good 15k yesterday.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I have a friend who thinks Warframe is a lot harder than Death Wish on Payday 2 and has not been able to beat the Communications Module quest in the Tutorial in half a month of trying. The second tutorial quest. He also refuses to use his twelve newbie Revives.

:fireman:

EDIT:

He finally did it within minutes of me posting this. He hid in a corner and no enemies spawned on the interception point.

:negative:

Runa fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Aug 29, 2014

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

tehinternet posted:

I will do that myself tonight if goons don't. I know I gave a good 15k yesterday.

Is the Glaxion even worth a drat? All I keep hearing is that its ammo efficiency is so bad it's nearly unusable.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Is the Glaxion even worth a drat? All I keep hearing is that its ammo efficiency is so bad it's nearly unusable.

I don't give a gently caress, Imma roll around and dispense pink beams of DOOM.

The rifle scavenger aura really makes it easier to use ammo inefficient guns, get that if you can. Rifle ammo mutators drop from T1/2/3 survival missions and at least to me, the T(X) survival missions are among the most fun in the game.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I have a friend who thinks Warframe is a lot harder than Death Wish on Payday 2 and has not been able to beat the Communications Module quest in the Tutorial in half a month of trying. The second tutorial quest. He also refuses to use his twelve newbie Revives.

:fireman:

EDIT:

He finally did it within minutes of me posting this. He hid in a corner and no enemies spawned on the interception point.

:negative:

But

How? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burreeto Burreyeto
Aug 28, 2009

I'm a gay zebra.

I wasn't impressed with the Amprex or it's ammo efficiency until I put a potato and forma in it, so I'm guessing it will also be a bit underwhelming until you do the same.

It also helps to have two Novas using that and Molecular Prime making T4D absolutely trivial.