Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
:qq: how can they bust unions with a working class person holding power :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Haters Objector posted:

Donald Horne would have ripped this clown to shreds

I bet he's never read the book, so he takes the title totally at face value.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Probably confused it with The Lucky Culture.

xPanda
Feb 6, 2003

Was that me or the door?

Endman posted:

I bet he's never read the book, so he takes the title totally at face value.

Yeah, it's crazy ironic given what it says about the country's leaders.

Well, maybe not ironic, but certainly facepalm-esque.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

Les Affaires posted:

It's also worth mentioning that for every person that does this, there has to be tens of thousands more who live a normal life in order to sustain hers.

Unless she is living purely from fish caught by hand, weaving seaweed into clothing, and repairing her yacht using a cement made of faeces, urine and human hair, the materials she needs to live on that yacht can only come from a functioning worldwide economy.

I heard the interview on triple J. She was in Melbourne for the writers festival and wondered why nobody her age was living the same lifestyle as her. I thought she was completely out of touch with reality, which probably isn't surprising considering she spends months out at sea.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

katlington posted:

Please explain this one. Thankyou.

Gone with the Wind

Specifically:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ5ICXMC4xY

drat kids :corsair:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Prof.Snugglesworth posted:

It all suddenly makes sense. :monocle:

Also :lol::lol: reading this totally made my day.

This was a great Friday arvo read. :)

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

:cripes:
Albo please challenge. Please.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

quote:

Kathy Jackson likens trade union inquiry to 'judicial gang rape', dismisses 'charity shag' with interrogator

Union whistleblower Kathy Jackson has likened an investigation into her alleged misuse of union members' funds to "judicial gang rape", and dismissed a past fling with one interrogator as a "charity shag".

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

This was obviously back before people used to throw buckets of ice water over themselves for charity.

Nuclear Spy
Jun 10, 2008

feeling under?
Text of the speech that Kevin Andrews planned to deliver to the conference.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
I skim read this and :suicide:

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
I got to page two and gave up because it was so loving stupid. MARRIED PEOPLE ARE TWICE AS RICH AS SINGLE PEOPLE. HOW CAN TWO PEOPLE EARN MORE THAN ONE PERSON UNLESS BY DIVINE PROVIDENCE.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

quote:

Divorce has long been connected with the ‘feminisation of poverty’. Beginning with Lenore
Weitzman’s studies in the mid-1980s, family scholars have observed the adverse
consequence of marriage breakdown for many women.

Yup, gotta stay married so a society stacked against you doesn't crush you.

quote:

References to the research cited above is taken from ‘Maybe I Do’ (Connor Court, 2012)

Which is his own work.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Im going to put 'married' on my resume from now on. loving 12% increase in wages? sign me up.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Hey everybody: find somebody and marry them. Just drag any ol' joker off the street and get dat ring on your finger.

Your bank balance will thank you.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Fruity Gordo posted:

I got to page two and gave up because it was so loving stupid. MARRIED PEOPLE ARE TWICE AS RICH AS SINGLE PEOPLE. HOW CAN TWO PEOPLE EARN MORE THAN ONE PERSON UNLESS BY DIVINE PROVIDENCE.

Same sex couples make more than hetro couples lol

http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@.nsf/Lookup/4102.0Main+Features10July+2013

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Laserface posted:

Im going to put 'married' on my resume from now on. loving 12% increase in wages? sign me up.

"You want to meet her? Ah... hah, yeah uhm, she's very reclusive..."

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
in iran you can have four wives, does that mean youll be five times as rich as a normal person??

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Soag posted:

in iran you can have four wives, does that mean youll be five times as rich as a normal person??

quite likely yes

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Les Affaires posted:

"You want to meet her? Ah... hah, yeah uhm, she's very reclusive..."

Here is my waifu *produces weird anime pillow thing*

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Maybe instead of being placed on Centrelink benefits everybody should instead be put onto a list where they get matched up with a partner

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
poo poo i need to move to iran

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
Breed for the Dole.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

:psyboom: How is it possible to be so stupid and yet still remember how to talk?

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Scylo posted:

Maybe instead of being placed on Centrelink benefits everybody should instead be put onto a list where they get matched up with a partner

I'd be down, dates are hell expensive these days.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

"Let's use government policy to treat the symptom and not the cause. Here's some evidence of the correlation that I have assumed is also causation" - Kevin Andrews

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Anidav posted:

:cripes:
Albo please challenge. Please.

Libs banging on about national security and wanting to start wars. Their polling will always go up.

My prediction in the build up the next election:
- A boat gets through (because they're getting excited about an ALP government again)
- A person(s) get arrested on terrorism charges (to remind us we need a conservative government to keep us safe)
- Bill's accuser will do a tell all interview with Channel 9 (because poo poo slinging)

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
hey fg im single how do you feel about doubling your income

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
Wait wait wait, hang on a second, two people are likely to make twice as much money as one person? Ho-lee poo poo!

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Laserface posted:

Here is my waifu *produces weird anime pillow thing*

Please don't mock me outside of GBS.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.
Update on my job - they may have been paying somebody's super using the voluntary contribution BPAY details for the past 5 years at least. This has only come to light because I am with the same superannuation fund as that guy. :suicide:

Edit: this is bad because crazy tax implications, ATO getting involved, etc.

froglet fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Aug 29, 2014

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Soag posted:

hey fg im single how do you feel about doubling your income

Chicks not dicks

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
I was hypothesising on why same sex couples are better than hetero couples on almost all metrics of success and the best I could come up with is that same sex couples are more likely to have high levels of resilience and independence, due to the difficulties they have likely faced earlier in life.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
I think it's probs also that since it's not possible for us to conceive together that having kids is something that's basically always meticulously planned for. Kids are expensive to raise and it's hard to procure one if you can't make your own, so I think a lot of same sex couples would be in a more secure financial position than a lot of straight couples.

Also we are awesome.

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

Haters Objector posted:

I was hypothesising on why same sex couples are better than hetero couples on almost all metrics of success and the best I could come up with is that same sex couples are more likely to have high levels of resilience and independence, due to the difficulties they have likely faced earlier in life.

i reckon theres two other factors at work as well

people who are more educated would be more likely to enter a same-sex relationship due to more open-minded, tolerance etc etc resulting from education

and people who are ostracised from peer groups while at school because they're gay are more likely to engage in solitary, intellectually-oriented pursuits --> education --> income

Fruity Gordo posted:

Chicks not dicks

so what im taking from this article is that i should become a lesbian?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

A Brilliant Man posted:

The retreat from marriage has had profound economic consequences. This occurs in a number of ways. There are the direct costs of divorce, including the courts and associated services. Marital dysfunction and family breakdown often leads to other social problems with significant costs to communities. It is estimated in the UK that each child with untreated behavioural problems costs an average of Ł70,000 by the time they reach 28 years of age – 10 times the cost of children without behavioural problems.

Uh sure you can raise a kid from 0 to 28 on Ł7,000. That's only $12414.31 AU. What the gently caress do you feed them/clothe them in?

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

Fruity Gordo posted:

I think it's probs also that since it's not possible for us to conceive together that having kids is something that's basically always meticulously planned for. Kids are expensive to raise and it's hard to procure one if you can't make your own, so I think a lot of same sex couples would be in a more secure financial position than a lot of straight couples.

Also we are awesome.

idgi, are you saying same-sex-couples will seek out higher-paying jobs because they know that they'll have to pay a lot of money for a child one day?

b/c this is income, not wealth

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Clearly we need a new tax on gays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

froglet posted:

Update on my job - they may have been paying somebody's super using the voluntary contribution BPAY details for the past 5 years at least. This has only come to light because I am with the same superannuation fund as that guy. :suicide:

Edit: this is bad because crazy tax implications, ATO getting involved, etc.

Your new job sounds amazing.

• Locked thread