Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
This one at least is more than just a cheap wallpaper job.

edit: I like the controller more than the console itself though...not that it would matter for me, my PS4 is just stuck vertically between my PS3 and the box I store DVDs and stuff in, it's hardly visible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Is there a skin that will make my PS4 look like an Xbox One?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

This one at least is more than just a cheap wallpaper job.

edit: I like the controller more than the console itself though...not that it would matter for me, my PS4 is just stuck vertically between my PS3 and the box I store DVDs and stuff in, it's hardly visible.

Unfortunately it's just a really good PS. If it actually existed it would be the only acceptable reason to turn a PS4 into some cornball looking joke on your shelf though and I'd want it.

One of my favorite things about the PS4's look is that it's just a small unassuming black box that blends in with the environment, after 20 years of really stupid looking consoles that stick out like sore thumb I'd rather just have another black box on the shelf.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

timeandtide posted:

Volition is going to announce/show off their new game Friday at PAX.

Please be next-gen Saint's Row...

Actually, I'd happily take SR4 Remastered, because it ran like rear end on last-gen hardware.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

MZ posted:

Actually, I'd happily take SR4 Remastered, because it ran like rear end on last-gen hardware.

You can play it on PC right now, even plug in your DS4 and use that.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Metro Redux just came out on PSN here and the bundle is a couple bucks more expensive than the two separate games are together.
Is there any reason for that? Anything extra in the bundle?

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Doflamingo posted:

If I had a decent gaming PC I wouldn't have got a PS4.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The Saints go to Hell? Well, if that's where the teaser is leading then it would definitely be a step beyond Saints 4's "let's conquer the universe".

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Doflamingo posted:

Not everyone has or wants a gaming PC, and I say that as someone with an i5/GTX 770 rig. A little collection of Saints Row PS4 ports wouldn't be hard to make and would likely be appreciated by a bunch of people.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

BreakAtmo posted:

Not everyone has or wants a gaming PC, and I say that as someone with an i5/GTX 770 rig. A little collection of Saints Row PS4 ports wouldn't be hard to make and would likely be appreciated by a bunch of people.

The Saints Row 2 port is notoriously buggy, although I was fortunate enough to have it run decently on my computer. One of the things that determines how well it runs is whether your CPU's clock speed is 3.2 GHz, like the PS3 and 360. The original Saints Row was exclusive to the 360 and has never been ported, but it's still best to start with the sequel.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Deep Down beta delayed from what was meant to be around now to 2015, again. Environments look a bit larger, graphics seem sharper and improved compared to previous video material.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU8HEnvwixk

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Has anyone played both the ps4 and ps3 versions of diablo? Is the ps4 version better enough to warrant it costing twice as much?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Stux posted:

Has anyone played both the ps4 and ps3 versions of diablo? Is the ps4 version better enough to warrant it costing twice as much?

To be honest, no its not and I own them both. But get whatever has the most friends you want to play with on it.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Stux posted:

I've played both. The PS4 version is higher res and has a steadier framerate, but the real bonus is the fact that it's the version everyone is playing, so if you have goons on your friends list you're a lot more likely to have fun times with gifts and nemeses on PS4 for that reason alone. Also, the PS3 version will not be getting new content ever, apparently, and will stay on the 2.0 patch version. The PS3 version is totally serviceable, though.

univbee fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Aug 29, 2014

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

"Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most..."
The best 'mod' I have made is putting my PS4 on a coffee table with wheels. Can roll this bad boy anywhere around the apartment. Almost makes local remote play redundant. Thanks Ikea!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Just saw this on slickdeals

Kmart offer extra $20 points back for select pre-order games. Included Destiny, Assassin's Creed Unity, etc. Please check xbox one games too guys! - http://slickdeals.net/share/iphone_app/t/7164280

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Policenaut posted:

The Saints go to Hell? Well, if that's where the teaser is leading then it would definitely be a step beyond Saints 4's "let's conquer the universe".

So they're going the Bill and Ted route? I can respect that.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Policenaut posted:

Yes. This is the right level of stupid for this series.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I've never actually purchased a Saint's Row game at full price, but if the new one has the same level of coop functionality that IV did, I am in day 1 no questions asked purely out of respect.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's even an opportunity to actually really bring back all the dead characters from the previous games.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Oh man I hope that means that we'll keep super powers but in the form of magic spells or something. The places this game can go! I'm excited.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I hope we get to team up with Jesus

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Fateo McMurray posted:

New homie: Jesus

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
So the big finale climax song is going to be some death metal classic now?

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!

haveblue posted:

So the big finale climax song is going to be some death metal classic now?

It's Hell, so probably "Freebird". Or that "Friday" Rebecca Black song.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Or O Fortuna.

I could absolutely see some sort of ridiculous Saints Row-esque melodrama heavy event happening in slow motion to that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's like you guys don't even know Volition.

It's going to be Sympathy for the Devil.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

MoreMetalBrian posted:

It's Hell, so probably "Freebird". Or that "Friday" Rebecca Black song.

Could be worse.

Could be "Highway to Hell".

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
So I guess the boss gets killed at the beginning of the game and forces his way out of Hell throughout the game to bring a brand new crew of demons to run the streets because gently caress you say, Death?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Sure, as long as there are no segments where you have to jump on a rotating spike pillar.

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

I'm jonesing for a good fighting game on the PS4, went to the fighting section on the EU store as was treated with Rogue Legacy and Sportsfriends.

I have already played injustice on PC and Vita. Is there anything to look forward too? When is SF Ultra planned to drop?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Manac0r posted:

I'm jonesing for a good fighting game on the PS4, went to the fighting section on the EU store as was treated with Rogue Legacy and Sportsfriends.

I have already played injustice on PC and Vita. Is there anything to look forward too? When is SF Ultra planned to drop?

USF4 hasn't been confirmed for PS4, but Guilty Gear Xrd is coming.

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport

PantsBandit posted:

So I guess the boss gets killed at the beginning of the game and forces his way out of Hell throughout the game to bring a brand new crew of demons to run the streets because gently caress you say, Death?

I am trembling with anticipation of this announcement.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Fateo McMurray posted:

I skipped the middleman and dressed up my boss as Jesus in SR2. Get the robes, tint them white, and then the little halo you could buy from Let's Pretend. Then activate the Rapture cheat and pimp slap a semi over an office building.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Some people say the ridiculousness of SR3 and 4 ruined the series. I say these people are wankers. :colbert:

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

The more ridiculous SR got the more fun it got. If it's not ridiculous then it's just a bad GTA clone.

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

BreakAtmo posted:

USF4 hasn't been confirmed for PS4, but Guilty Gear Xrd is coming.

Well at least that's something. Thanks for giving me hope!

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

MrLonghair posted:

Deep Down beta delayed from what was meant to be around now to 2015, again. Environments look a bit larger, graphics seem sharper and improved compared to previous video material.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU8HEnvwixk

So they straight-up copied the mimics from Dark Souls?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
To be fair, there have been mimics in sword and sorcery games since the original D&D if not earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Ciaphas posted:

Some people say the ridiculousness of SR3 and 4 ruined the series. I say these people are wankers. :colbert:

The problem with 4 for me was that they constantly took your powers away for the story missions. That poo poo sucked.

• Locked thread