Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

DrPaper posted:

it's comin :mrgw:

Militree posted:

I think I might actually believe in Ridley now...

:stare:

Keep in mind this screengrab of a forum post combines two different leaks, the first of which was posted on 4chan with no further details without having included Dark Pit and Doc, and should probably not be taken as gospel yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Megasabin posted:

I kind of hope the text based one is true, because I'm more interested in seeing Chorus Men, Dixie, and Ridley, than I am in seeing Rob and Snake.

ROB was already confirmed in the leaked character select screen. He's in whether you like it or not.

Shulk looks so goddamn cool though and I wanna use him so badly ugh just let it be October already.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

No but for real though if they do DLC right they have a big chance to make Smash a viable form of marketing and income throughout the entire console generation, the way they used Melee to market FE6 via Roy. Announce a new Animal Crossing? Tom Nook DLC.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Endorph posted:

No but for real though if they do DLC right they have a big chance to make Smash a viable form of marketing and income throughout the entire console generation, the way they used Melee to market FE6 via Roy. Announce a new Animal Crossing? Tom Nook DLC.

That's really more the kind of thing they would use Mario Kart 8 for. They can crank out characters for that much more easily and without having to worry about balance issues.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I would be pretty surprised if there wasn't Smash DLC. Mario Kart didn't really have any initially or even a visible framework for including it, and all of a sudden they announce two really good DLC packs for a good price. I'm optimistic.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

ROB was already confirmed in the leaked character select screen. He's in whether you like it or not.

Shulk looks so goddamn cool though and I wanna use him so badly ugh just let it be October already.

Well that's what I'm asking. Is it two different leaks claiming different things, or is that screenshot of the text based leak and the screenshot of the character select screen going to end up being one and the same?

Also ROB was my favorite character in Brawl so it's not like I have an issue with it. I was just saying if it was one or the other, I'd obviously prefer the other 4 out there choices.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4vCEHpv6Hg

:flashfap:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

JordanKai posted:

That's really more the kind of thing they would use Mario Kart 8 for. They can crank out characters for that much more easily and without having to worry about balance issues.
Yeah but it's not like it's impossible to make Smash DLC? Plenty of fighting games have had character DLC.

I don't expect them to 'crank them out', but making haracters for very big releases seems like a good way of making money.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Megasabin posted:

Let me guess this right then. There are two major leaks-- the text based one you posted, and other being the picture of the character select screen everyones been talking about for the past few days. They agree on some characters (Bowser Jr, Shulk, Doc Mario, Dark Pit, Duck Hunt Dog), and disagree on others (Text based one claiming Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie, and the character select screen showing ROB, Snake)?

I kind of hope the text based one is true, because I'm more interested in seeing Chorus Men, Dixie, and Ridley, than I am in seeing Rob and Snake.

Screenshot and Text based both have no Snake and DO have ROB.

Text based was posted before screenshot, purpoted by 2 different people (Ninka and Vaanrose) and has the same info but more.

ESRB photo/video leak does not have all characters as All-Star mode is still locked.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Keep in mind this screengrab of a forum post combines two different leaks, the first of which was posted on 4chan with no further details without having included Dark Pit and Doc, and should probably not be taken as gospel yet

Said leak mentioning Dixie, Ridley and the ilk was posted before anybody on smashboards got wind of the one mentioning Bowser jrs. alts being the koopalings and the mode swaps for Shulk.

But right now all we can do is wait and see if the character list isn't bullshit.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Megasabin posted:

Let me guess this right then. There are two major leaks-- the text based one you posted, and other being the picture of the character select screen everyones been talking about for the past few days. They agree on some characters (Bowser Jr, Shulk, Doc Mario, Dark Pit, Duck Hunt Dog), and disagree on others (Text based one claiming Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie, and the character select screen showing ROB, Snake)?

Screenshots had no Snake AND showed All-Star mode as locked so that means they didn't have the full roster unlocked.

The poo poo lines up.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

I've been listening to this for the last ew days, since I haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles and wanted to know what sort of music I'd have to look forward to.

Jesus christ, this one song probably outclasses half of Brawl's soundtrack put together. It's like a Black Mages cover of itself.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Super Smash Bros - 3DS in Summer, Wii U in Winter (yes, Brain Age is in it)

Gamwhiz1
Aug 15, 2012

Super Smash Bros - 3DS in Summer, Wii U in Winter (everything but wavedashing is in it)

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

So, this is interesting:

They're releasing a double pack for Smash Bros 3DS that includes two copies of a game at a discounted price. For all the lovebirds and best buds out there! :buddy:

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/236167-smash-bros-3ds-europe-receiving-double-pack-two-copies-bundled-for-discounted-price

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
It'd be neat if they let you switch between English and Japanese voices for Shulk and crew, because both dubs are fantastic in their own right.

If I can't have Goku in Smash, I at least wanna have Vegeta and Cell!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Dunban posted:

It'd be neat if they let you switch between English and Japanese voices for Shulk and crew, because both dubs are fantastic in their own right.

http://a.pomf.se/lzwukr.wav

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012

One of the Japanese ads shows the all-star main lobby. Looks like it's separated by individual first appearence or system now.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

The male designer worked hard to create this alt costume!

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Nice crocs.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Like I said, both have their highlights.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

Please Duck Hunt Dog, grant me the gift of power so I may kill everyone.

What is a Ridley but an oversized duck?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Pixeltendo posted:

Wait, where is that from? Is there a way on the Smash site to see other characters' alt costumes like that?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SilverSupernova posted:

What is a Ridley but an oversized duck?

You will be the first.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Fun fact, that shadow at the end of the trailer? His Japanese name is Black Face.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Wait, where is that from? Is there a way on the Smash site to see other characters' alt costumes like that?

taken from the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/224173137756374/photos/pcb.321157891391231/321157381391282/?type=1&theater

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I demand shirtless beach volleyball mode.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Hahaha

(that's Alex Hirsch, the creator of Gravity Falls, and Jason Ritter, the voice of Dipper)

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Pixeltendo posted:

Very nice. :waycool:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I hope that Dunban and Riki are also in their underwear when Shulk is. It would even make sense for Dunban!

sout
Apr 24, 2014

JordanKai posted:

Very nice. :waycool:

He's rocking that six pack that probably shouldn't be there

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

If they let me port my eShop titles to the new 3DS it will be a day-one purchase. Otherwise I will wait for the first big price drop.

I... I have a lot of eShop titles.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

sout posted:

He's rocking that six pack that probably shouldn't be there

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I take back anything I ever said ever.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Ugh god the lovely idiots going "guess you feminists need to shut up now, huh :smug:" :suicide:

Schlub Husband
Jan 13, 2008

*hic*
Lipstick Apathy

DrPaper posted:

it's comin :mrgw:

So to be clear, this text leak occurred before the character select screenshot, a whole bunch of stuff from it is now definitely confirmed and there aren't any contradictions. Have I got that right? And if so then why is there room for scepticism about the rest of those characters?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Kittle posted:

So to be clear, this text leak occurred before the character select screenshot, a whole bunch of stuff from it is now definitely confirmed and there aren't any contradictions. Have I got that right? And if so then why is there room for scepticism about the rest of those characters?

It's two leaks (at least) combined and that first part before the quote block is the debatable part. The part it came from said nothing about Dark Pit or Dr. Mario, if I remember right.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Volty
Jul 25, 2013

Kittle posted:

IIRC there's still a lot of ambiguity where the other 4 non-video spoiled characters came from as far as leak information goes. We know for sure that Duck Hunt, Shulk, Dark Pit, Dr. Mario and Bowser Jr. are in from the ESRB footage but we don't know exactly where the other four names came from. It could easily have been someone randomly on 4chan or whatever adding them in because why not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Kittle posted:

Allegedly some of the content - as in the stuff not confirmed, was by one of the persons stating what they think is in, noting they had not seen all the content. This was later edited into their original post to try and square away some confusion.

However, both listed Chorus Kids under FACT: along with Shulk, Dr. Mario, Duck Hunt, while Mewtwo/Dixie/Ridley were educated guesses by the leaker.

• Locked thread