Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

Ok I'm asking
How does a kid eating a peanut butter sandwich make 0,6% of population die

Kids are filthy. Not sure why this is so hard to understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Also they are assholes and not good at weighing consequences, which means that they're likely to force-feed peanut butter to a deadly allergic kid because it's fun to see other kids freak out.

Also, peanut butter is kind of gross. Eat some hummus or something.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

BonHair posted:

Eat some hummus or something.

goddamn hummus is so good in a toasted sandwich.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Hey guys are we making fun of stupid people on social media sites in here?

Oh complaining about peanut butter huh?... I'll come back later...

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

kannonfodder posted:

I unironically support this. Every time some shitbag attacks a woman for "ruining gaming culture" Steam, Xbox live, PSN and all the like go down for an hour. Since they are acting like giant children, they should be treated like giant children.

No video games until you can treat women like humans!

There is absolutely no way that this would be abused.

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

nucleicmaxid posted:

Wow. Do the forums count as social media? Because I've for a whole page of complete idiots to post.

No let them keep going. I think they've almost found common ground.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
Found this in an old text file, sorry about the formatting, I've changed the names and tried to make it as readable as possible.

For context, this was posted a day or so after the Japanese Tsunami in 2011:

quote:

Kirstie Smith:
9/11 massive event in US history 11/9/01
Japan Earthquake and tsunami happened 10/3/11
What do you get if you add them together? 21/12/12...................
29 minutes ago via Mobile Web · Like ·

o
Caroline Brown:
hec Kirstie.....
15 minutes ago · Like
o
Caroline Brown:
xxx
27 minutes ago · Like
o
Kirstie Smith:
Yes saw this on someones status and had to copy and paste it
25 minutes ago · Like
o
Kirstie Smith:
xxx back at you
13 minutes ago · Like
o
Caroline Brown:
I am so into numerology & Quatrains ... this has got me thinking xxx
24 minutes ago · Like
o
Rebecca Johnson:
what about the 2004 tsunami that killed over 200,000 people?
23 minutes ago · Like
o
Caroline Brown:
there u go again lol add 4..0 ...on to 2004....= 200.000 omg
22 minutes ago · Like
o
Janet Green:
Carolanne have you read Nostradamus Quatrains then? You'd love them x
20 minutes ago · Like
o
Caroline Brown:
Janet ....Got them all lol.... lived by them all my life.... Knowing how to translate |& find out you are right is a wonderful feeling ......
18 minutes ago · Like · 1 personLoading...
o
Kirstie smith:
For me this extra interesting Rebecca as my daughter has spent the last few months seeing 9/11 everywhere and has gone on and on about it, in fact for a year probably! Very intersting Caroline!
17 minutes ago · Like · 1 personLoading...
o
Janet Green:
Then you'll agree that 9/11 is the trigger to 21.12.12? x
17 minutes ago · Like · 1 personLoading...
o
Rebecca Johnson:
how is 9/11 a trigger to anything (apart from two wars) and what is supposed to happen at the end of next year?
16 minutes ago · Like · 1 personLoading...
o
Kirstie Smith:
The night before the latest event me and Charlie walked Chester into town for a take away and spent it discussing how out of sorts we were and how it felt like something was coming and we were aprehensive, you can't deny that there are already big changes occuring in the world around us, change it seems...is inevitable
16 minutes ago · Like · 1 personLoading...
o
Janet Green:
Because that is what started off the change in the world to being a much more evil place. Peace is to come to us all, but not until after the apocalypse of 21.12.12 and a third world war. To get peace the world needs rid of it's evil.....That is what is happening now
15 minutes ago · Like · 1 personLoading...
o
Kirstie Smith:
The end of next year (according to Mayan prophecy) is supposed to see the end of the world..but not literally! Just as we know it ie. big changes
15 minutes ago · Like · 1 personLoading...
o
Caroline Brown:
OK guys we talk the same.. I have had to keep quiet about this lol
15 minutes ago · Like
o
Caroline Brown:
I need to get some reading done to find out some explanations
15 minutes ago · Like · 1 person
o
Kirstie Smith:
Interesting again Caroline! We were discussing all this today in the aura photography place, lovely lady, intersting to chat with
14 minutes ago · Like
o
Janet Green:
Would love to hear more of your thoughts Carol.
14 minutes ago · Like
o
Caroline Brown:
will be happy to share them when I get my head roun d this next 2 quatrains Then my family will tell me I have lost the plot ... I got the 9 11 B4 it happened.... New about other disasters but family said shut up ... Hmmmm I am now very cautious
14 seconds ago · Like
o
Janet Green:
I started reading his Quatrains yesterday, but blinded myself with them. Again though I have always believed in him. You are among friends. Didn't realise Kirstie was quite so tuned into it, until recently myself and i've known her for years!! It really isn't something you just drop into convo is it.
14 minutes ago · Like
o
Kirstie Smith:
Probably find it scary Caroline, I just think that it is what it is and you have to try to go with the flow
13 minutes ago · Like
o
Janet Green:
its the 19.03.11 i'm worried about, when the moon is closest to earth it has been
11 minutes ago · Like
o
Caroline Brown:
ok listen guys this is all over fb I am going to delete my posts if you have an interest I can do a group xxxx
9 minutes ago · Like
o
Kirstie Smith:
I won't even go into the moon
8 minutes ago · Like

Numbers :tinfoil:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Picnic Princess posted:

here have some loving content

Better get your rear end to MacArthur Park, dessert!

And now that goddamn song is gonna be stuck in my head for the rest of the day. Thanks a lot! :argh:

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

Just to be clear, you realize that schools don't ban peanut butter out of concern for allergic kids' health, right? It's so when somebody does bring peanut butter in, and the allergic kid has to be rushed to the hospital, the school can say "We banned it! They violated school regulations! Reasonable precautions! You can't sue us!"

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Question Mark Mound posted:

Totally. I mean, how could eating a food that you know will cause a severe allergic reaction to a child in close proximity to that child ever be dangerous at all?

Edit: there's been an ACTUAL example earlier of someone touching a table that has a tiny bit of food residue on it and the fucker had to be airlifted to safety.

I think the upset comes from while everyone does understand physical contact with peanuts to someone with an allergy having a reaction whether it's they accidentally ate something with them in it or there was cross contamination, it's the ones who insist that anything with peanuts merely being in the same building and somehow triggering a severe allergic reaction that makes people wonder what the gently caress.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Plom Bar posted:

Oh no not my vidjogames

Will the tyranny of the Matriarchy ever end?

Every time someone hates the president, you're not allowed to use your car for an hour.

OH NO NOT MY VEHICLES

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?
Kill all peanuts

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Charles Schultz: the greatest child-killer in human history.

When will there be enough tears for your monstrous thirst? When is enough enough?! :qq:

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
#YesAllPeanuts

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I just ate a triple-decker PB&J. It was good.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

BonHair posted:

Also they are assholes and not good at weighing consequences, which means that they're likely to force-feed peanut butter to a deadly allergic kid because it's fun to see other kids freak out.

Also, peanut butter is kind of gross. Eat some hummus or something.

What nightmarish children are you around that would literally force feed peanut butter to a kid with severe allergies? I know kids can be mean, but do you live in the Village of the Damned?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

OldTennisCourt posted:

What nightmarish children are you around that would literally force feed peanut butter to a kid with severe allergies? I know kids can be mean, but do you live in the Village of the Damned?

Kids can be incredibly cruel and I can absolutely see some little assholes forcing the nerdy kid with the peanut allergy to eat peanut butter.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

OldTennisCourt posted:

No that sounds pretty normal for kids aged 8-24.

But this peanut derail is loving stupid and should stop.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
It made me sad that my friend from college couldn't come to peanut night at our favorite bar. :smith:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

nucleicmaxid posted:

But this peanut derail is loving stupid and should stop.

#notallpeanuts

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
Peanut butter and jelly is what they use to give us in elementary school if we didn't have a lunch/money for a lunch, so I don't know what all you allergy people would've done.

Volcott posted:

I just ate a triple-decker PB&J. It was good.

i actually had PB&J for the first time in months the other day because I'm poor and can confirm it was pretty drat good.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

This thread is always a good reminder of why PYF is considered a quarentine forum.

Occupy Sesame Street!
Nov 20, 2012

Edit: gently caress it, not worth continuing the derail

Occupy Sesame Street! has a new favorite as of 16:50 on Aug 29, 2014

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
ok I got a question though,

Why do you think this is the thread to post that stuff in? Did his allergy happen on social media?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

"Oh cool surely people aren't talking about peanut butter for another 48 posts, I wonder what happened in the Idiots on Social Media thread? Must be interesting" he thought, wrongly

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Takoluka posted:

Every time someone hates the president, you're not allowed to use your car for an hour.

OH NO NOT MY VEHICLES

We could all stand to reduce our individual carbon footprint by using public transport more often

A good post

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Plom Bar posted:

We could all stand to reduce our individual carbon footprint by using public transport more often

A good post

Right, the public transport that doesn't exist.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Byzantine posted:

Right, the public transport that doesn't exist.

You're right, videogames are exactly as necessary as cars

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Plom Bar posted:

You're right, videogames are exactly as necessary as cars

The point is that you're essentially advocating temporary bans on things that you paid for with money and own, as dictated by the actions of other people.

Also, you can walk places. You just might have to leave early. Sorry you can't use a thing you bought.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Takoluka posted:

The point is that you're essentially advocating temporary bans on things that you paid for with money and own, as dictated by the actions of other people.

Also, you can walk places. You just might have to leave early. Sorry you can't use a thing you bought.

Actually I'm making fun of people whose instant reaction to the thought of not being able to play with their toys for a whole hour was "WHOA WHOA WHOA let's not punish EVERYBODY here"

It's a dumb plan but the reaction was even dumber.

Also, they can suspend your driver's license for failing to follow the rules of driving, regardless of how much you paid for your car.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Plom Bar posted:

Also, they can suspend your driver's license for failing to follow the rules of driving, regardless of how much you paid for your car.

Absolutely, but imagine if your license was suspended because someone else failed to follow the rules of driving.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Are you guys trying to emulate the external content of the thread?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Takoluka posted:

Absolutely, but imagine if your license was suspended because someone else failed to follow the rules of driving.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Plom Bar posted:

Actually I'm making fun of people whose instant reaction to the thought of not being able to play with their toys for a whole hour was "WHOA WHOA WHOA let's not punish EVERYBODY here"

It's a dumb plan but the reaction was even dumber.

It's not :qq: my bideojames :qq: it's more like "holy poo poo way to loving overreact, dude".

Speaking of social media, why is that picture of Scot Mendelson with a torn pectoral muscle from last year suddenly on the front page of imgur?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Here, take a non-peanut meme from libertarians or whatever:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Takoluka posted:

Imagine if your life and body were threatened on a regular basis simply for existing as a different gender.

Taking away what seems to be the most important thing these dipshits have would be a great way for them to either calm down or at least refrain from voicing this stuff.

I'd be willing to give up precious video games every now and then if it means that women can be safe.

Edit: I'm a good speller!

Fashionable Jorts has a new favorite as of 17:57 on Aug 29, 2014

Occupy Sesame Street!
Nov 20, 2012

kannonfodder posted:

Imagine if your life and body were threatened on a regular basis simply for existing as a different gender.

Taking away what seems to be the most important thing these dipshits have would be a great way for them to either calm down or at least refrain from voicing this stuff.

I'd be willing to give up precious video games every now and then if it means that women can be safe.

In an ideal world, horrible nerds would learn from something like that and make an effort to change their behavior.

Unfortunately the reaction would be more threats and violence towards women for taking away their video games.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Amused to Death posted:

Peanut butter and jelly is what they use to give us in elementary school if we didn't have a lunch/money for a lunch, so I don't know what all you allergy people would've done.

Cheese sandwich, duh.

Commence lactose derail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

^^Lactose intolerance doesn't work that way.

As an aside, a kid in my son's class has such a violent nut allergy that we've been asked not to feed our child nuts of any kind before school, or even bring them to school as someone's peanut breath could send this kid into shock. He has a Epi-pen around his neck at all times and keeps a spare in his backpack. He's trying to be able to live a normal life, even going so far as having to fly on special allergen-free flights with other people like him so he can visit grandparents etc. If a child's life is worth less to you than peanut butter, I don't really know what to say.

kannonfodder posted:

But that wouldn't work at all. The dipshits and assholes would blame women even further because someone they hate took away something they liked. It would just exacerbate the problem.

e:beaten

B.B. Rodriguez has a new favorite as of 18:32 on Aug 29, 2014

• Locked thread