Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Gyra_Solune posted:

...actually. If they really are uniformly doing All-Star in rooms of 5 by character date introduction, enough sperging means, if there truly is a Final Five yet to be revealed, we can figure them out.

That's a big assumption to make off of one screen, especially since the past 2 All-Stars changed up the way in which people appeared to vary the experience.

E: Endorph said it better with fewer no words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

TheKingofSprings posted:

E: So wait, Xenoblade's coming to 3ds as a remake? That owns, I was thinking about picking it up soon anyways.
Nope, just a port.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

drat, Mother 3 was 2006? That's a lot more recent than I thought.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Zain posted:

Shulk you're never going to capture the glory of "It's Reyn time" but an A for effort I guess.

Can't make a rainbow without a little Shulk! :downs:

Also Sakurai knows what's up, Riki/Shulk/Dunban is the best non-Melia party. Now all we need to make this perfect is for the The first stage final boss theme to play on the Xenoblade-flavoured Final Destination (name spoilers but I'm gonna say that anyone who cares has probably beaten the game by now).

e: I loving love how the "Jump" stance has the same colour as Monado Purge, because that's the one where he actually jumps. It's just such a nice touch- though "Buster" looks and feels more like Monado Enchant, but I doubt anyone really cares.

Also Smash will forever be Monado Eater in my heart because that move owned bones.

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Aug 29, 2014

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!
This is the Monado's power! Jump! Speed! Shield! Buster! Smash! Air slash! Back slash! A vision! :allears: Seriously, backstabs? gently caress yeah!

...why is this game not out yet? :(

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Gyra_Solune posted:

This is obviously missing people we know but it's simple enough. The last room would likely be full of people from the gap at the end, considering that's Lucina, Robin, Dark Pit, Palutena, and Shulk.

Palutena didn't debut in Kid Icarus Uprising so no

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I present to you, DK's eyes:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Did... did you make this graphic, just now?

e: No, it doesn't even have Shulk, Bowser Jr or Duck Hunt dog. This image is a disgrace. Hand in your obsessive image making badge.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Please tell me Reyn at least gets an assist trophy. :(

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Did that Falcon Punch come out faster in that Shulk video or am I just crazy?

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Zain posted:

The game speed has been increased from what I can tell. Things that people said you couldn't do in the E3 build have been shown in the leaked footage (primarily there is much less lag between moves)

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Bottom Liner posted:

I present to you, DK's eyes:

:eyepop:

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Zain posted:

He could have a faster variant Punch.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Rudoku posted:

He could have a faster variant Punch.

He undoubtedly does, but i'm pretty sure the Falcon Punch he did in the Shulk trailer was just as fast as his normal Falcon Punch. It only looked faster cause he changed his direction mid-charge so it looked like it had less charge time.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I've been meaning to play Xenoblade once I muster up $60-$100. Now that it's coming to 3DS, I considered getting that, but it looked like a lower-end Dreamcast game and seemed really slow. I assume the Wii version looks better, but was it also faster?

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Butt Ghost posted:

I've been meaning to play Xenoblade once I muster up $60-$100. Now that it's coming to 3DS, I considered getting that, but it looked like a lower-end Dreamcast game and seemed really slow. I assume the Wii version looks better, but was it also faster?

Nope, not really.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Butt Ghost posted:

It was a massive game that even the developers themselves were scratching their heads at being able to fit on a Wii disc. It pushes the console about as far as it'll go.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

It looks like a PS2 game

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Yeah, Xenoblade was not exactly running at a steady framerate on the Wii.

EDIT:

Ometeotl posted:

His final smash should be a Chain Attack with two random party members, so we can get all the Xenoblade cast in the game.

Totally forgot I had made this post.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I hope the next iteration of Smash Bros. includes yet another video-game interpretation of a real person like Dr. Kawashima and Wright.

Like I dunno, there was an NES port or two of the early Ultima games and Lord British appeared in them right? They could totally put him in as an assist trophy!

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Xenoblade is cool as gently caress

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Instead of Ice Climbers they could have added Jack Bros, from the Virtual Boy game.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Banjo confirmed.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm playing Xenoblade for the first time right now, it's really cool.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Xenoblade runs and looks great on the Wii, sorry. There can be slowdown during really intense battles with a ton of poo poo flying around, but it hardly ever framedrops, which makes it look more cool than anything else, it's like you're playing in slow-motion. The 3DS trailer looked like it ran at like 15 fps.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Is Xenoblade actually good or is it one of those games like Nier that a bunch of nerds claim is an underappreciated classic but it's actually mediocre at best.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

My only complaint at all (I am super happy about all of this) is that they didn't get their Riki the ability to wear heavy armor. Because the only thing better than Riki is Riki as a tiny, spiky ball of death.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Erebus posted:

Is Xenoblade actually good or is it one of those games like Nier that a bunch of nerds claim is an underappreciated classic but it's actually mediocre at best.

It's amazing.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Erebus posted:

I haven't played any other RPGS on the Wii, so I can safely say it's the best RPG on the Wii. I really enjoyed it, but I had to take a few breaks with the game before I beat it, my run was relatively short, only 75 hours or so.

Congratulations! You Won.
Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

Nier is kind of a bad game that's worth slogging thru for the story and music.

Xenoblade is a good game that suffers from being on the Wii, and from literally having way too much content.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Erebus posted:

It is the best jrpg in recent memory. The cast of characters is fantastic and likeable, there's a ton of really good plot twists, the music is superb, the environments are so, so pretty, and the game play, while it might look like an mmorpg, is actually pretty varied and deep once you start getting more party members.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It's decent. The people who call it the best JRPG in recent memory are the same people who have only played FF13 in the past five years.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
All of you new Xenoblade players should scrounge up a few bucks from your couch cushions and buy Monoprice's Wii Component Cable. It worked wonders for making everything visually more crisp and discernible, even if it's still only 480p.

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010
Xenoblade is the best game I've ever played.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Reiley posted:

Instead of the first person to grab a ledge denying it from latecomers now the next person to grab a ledge takes it from the person still there, incentivizing a rapid return to the fighting platform over waiting or deliberately dropping down to deny the recovery to an incoming fighter.
Or actually heading out to spike the guy trying to make his way back, etc.

a good change.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Gaur Plains and You Will Know Our Names confirmed for Smash. :swoon:

And that blonde sword guy too, I guess.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I couldn't get the hang of combat in Xenoblade; it all seemed to be a big muddle.

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
I'm not a huge Xenoblade fan but for some reason I'm really happy to see Shulk in.

The shocking thing here is that Reyn apparently shaves his legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I wonder what the alt neutral Bs will be for Shulk, since his current one is pretty fundamental to his gameplay.

• Locked thread