Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

howe_sam posted:

He's going to have to wait a long time because I don't think you'll ever see Bucky Cap in the movies.

Chris Evans is only signed through his third movie or something(6 total, 3 cap 3 avengers). Sebastian Stan is signed for like 9 movies. We could definitely see them do the storyline that has him take over on the big screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

King Burgundy posted:

Chris Evans is only signed through his third movie or something(6 total, 3 cap 3 avengers). Sebastian Stan is signed for like 9 movies. We could definitely see them do the storyline that has him take over on the big screen.

I'd still rather see Anthony Mackie take over as Cap.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I'd still rather see Anthony Mackie take over as Cap.

That would be bad rear end.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

King Burgundy posted:

gently caress that poo poo, Tie it in to the comics and have Anthony Mackie as the cap.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

King Burgundy posted:

We certainly could see that, but my guess is they're just going to recast the part when Evans is done.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

VDay posted:

Maybe I've just completely forgotten, but when did she ever socially engineer anything besides the one time she got them tickets to that one event? Because all I remember about her hacking is that it was the exact type of bullshit encryption back-server double-hacking that you'd see on CSI. I liked her character and think that she's easily one of the better parts of the show (though to be fair this is largely in part to most of the other parts of the show being so weak pre-TWS), but let's not pretend that the show's gone out of its way to make her abilities realistic, or to portray her as just very clever rather than a literal computer wizard.

One I liked was when she had the bracelet that kept her from using computers, she figured out a way around it testing it on everything until she found something it didn't break, then she used the breaking thing to brick a guy's cell phone with a shield logo to pose as a threat.

Another thing I really liked was when she tricked Ward to come to a location to hack something while she was actually contacting the authorities. That one didn't actually work, but was clever.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

King Burgundy posted:

This doesn't mean they intend to use him in nine movies. It means that as a less established actor, it didn't cost as much to include the option to as it would for Evans.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

jscolon2.0 posted:

This doesn't mean they intend to use him in nine movies. It means that as a less established actor, it didn't cost as much to include the option to as it would for Evans.

I'm not going to say you are wrong, but they signed Samuel Jackson for a ton of movies, and he must cost a lot. :shrug: They may not go that direction, but I feel like the reason they even bothered signing him for that long was they were thinking it was a possible direction they could explore.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

King Burgundy posted:

I'm not going to say you are wrong, but they signed Samuel Jackson for a ton of movies, and he must cost a lot. :shrug: They may not go that direction, but I feel like the reason they even bothered signing him for that long was they were thinking it was a possible direction they could explore.

It doesn't cost much to get Sam Jackson, believe it or not. Dude's last big movies before the marvel casting were snakes on a plane and some sort of thing where he was a cop stalking an interracial couple.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

mind the walrus posted:

She's an overgrown child with the worst kinds of ill-defined skills and talents being thrown onto a team of trained professionals. Her whole "conscience and humanity" schtick doesn't quite fly when she's working alongside people who are presumably trained to function at a higher level in more complex situations than any amount of "real folk common sense wisdom" is prepared to deal with.

It can be done well, if you have good writing and a good actor. Eureka is perfect example. Jack Carter was the everyman who spent 99% of most episode out of his depth but was never out of his league.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I think they started emphasising that because after dropping the Rising Tide stuff having a third young, attractive scitech genius was getting stupid.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Donald glover is voicing Miles Morales on the USM cartoon :3:

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
gently caress yeah!

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Enver Gjokaj Joins Marvel's AGENT CARTER.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=106777

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

It seems they're putting in some actual effort into Agent Carter. Hopefully it won't languish for half a season like AOS did.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009

notthegoatseguy posted:

It seems they're putting in some actual effort into Agent Carter. Hopefully it won't languish for half a season like AOS did.

Its only 8 episodes.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

This is rad.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Chad Michael Murray has also joined Agent Carter.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Had Dominic Cooper been confirmed or are they doing some bullshit Charlie's Angels thing with Howard Stark?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

omg chael crash posted:

Had Dominic Cooper been confirmed or are they doing some bullshit Charlie's Angels thing with Howard Stark?

Atwell's been talking like Cooper's involved, at least.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

OH poo poo!

The Tick is coming back on Amazon, Patrick Warbuton is returning and Ben Edlund is writing/producing.

quote:

Don’t worry citizens, The Tick is back to save the day!

Broad-shouldered Patrick Warburton only sported his blue antennae for one season the first go-around, but the critically acclaimed superhero parody is now being revived on Amazon, a source tells PEOPLE.

The cult-classic series is based on a comic book by Ben Edlund and was first brought to television as an animated series that enjoyed three seasons of success in the mid 1990s. In early 2012, Fox canceled Warburton's live-action version (which also starred a pre-Lost Nestor Carbonell) after just nine episodes.

But no one can stop The Tick from keeping watch over The City.

Warburton – who has also appeared on Seinfeld and Rules of Engagement – recently inked a deal with Amazon and Sony to reprise his role, with Edlund producing and writing, according to the source.

http://www.people.com/article/tick-patrick-warburton-returning-amazon

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:vince:
I'd rather they bring back the cartoon but that still owns

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

People talk up that Tick live action show, and I like Warburton, but I never thought it was very good. Much rather have a cartoon. That said, cool for people who liked it.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Hakkesshu posted:

People talk up that Tick live action show, and I like Warburton, but I never thought it was very good. Much rather have a cartoon. That said, cool for people who liked it.

I feel the same. I liked the cartoon way more than the live action show. :(

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dacap posted:

OH poo poo!

The Tick is coming back on Amazon, Patrick Warbuton is returning and Ben Edlund is writing/producing.

http://www.people.com/article/tick-patrick-warburton-returning-amazon

The year on the live action show has to be wrong. I'm pretty sure live action Tick predates Obama.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Skwirl posted:

The year on the live action show has to be wrong. I'm pretty sure live action Tick predates Obama.

They meant 2002 instead of 2012.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Yes! Always happy to see him get work.

Dollhouse survivor's club!

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Opopanax posted:

:vince:
I'd rather they bring back the cartoon but that still owns

The cartoon had some great poo poo under a layer of bad cartoon crap. The live action had great poo poo with the most awkward live action crap around at the time.
The funeral episode was great tho. And for I hope they get Nestor Carbonell back.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The Tick was pretty much Proto-Venture Bros.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

The Tick was pretty much Proto-Venture Bros.

Oh definitely, so many of the Venture Bros.s villain characters would have fit perfectly in the world of the Tick.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dacap posted:

Oh definitely, so many of the Venture Bros.s villain characters would have fit perfectly in the world of the Tick.

Also Christopher McCulloch (Jackson Public) wrote a bunch of episodes.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

muscles like this? posted:

Also Christopher McCulloch (Jackson Public) wrote a bunch of episodes.

Also Patrick Warburton is in both shows!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

And Ben Edlund wrote a few Venture Bros episodes.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
So after years of talking trash on Arrow, including two attempts to get into it which never panned out, I finally was able to binge through the first season.

I dig this show. But the first 19 episodes were nothing but an uphill climb. I hope season 2 is as good as the last few episodes of the first season.

To everyone in this thread who kept telling me I was an idiot for not watching this show: thanks for the coffee advice, and the sex.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
I have the feeling we have someone with this reaction every couple of pages. It's true though, the show definitively improves once they decided to deal back the sitcom crap. It still has some slipups down the road, mostly with stuff dealing with Thea.

And yes, season two is a ride, back to front. One of the greatest things about the show is that they don't really dwell on things. If a plot point gets introduced and you don't like it, you can count on it being resolved within the next to episodes.

e X fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Sep 2, 2014

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Tuxedo Jack posted:

So after years of talking trash on Arrow, including two attempts to get into it which never panned out, I finally was able to binge through the first season.

I dig this show. But the first 19 episodes were nothing but an uphill climb. I hope season 2 is as good as the last few episodes of the first season.

To everyone in this thread who kept telling me I was an idiot for not watching this show: thanks for the coffee advice, and the sex.

Season two is up on Netflix on September 14 :)

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

zoux posted:

Season two is up on Netflix on September 14 :)

I have it, on the first episode right now.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Tuxedo Jack posted:

Arrow took a while to find its feet, but I figure things really turned around during the Huntress arc. This is not to say it was spinning its wheels like Agents of Shield, but it felt too much like villain of the week stuff beforehand, but once the Huntress arc hit things became a lot tighter. Season 2 was awesome as well. I'm really looking forward to season 3, as well as Flash.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Madkal posted:

Arrow took a while to find its feet, but I figure things really turned around during the Huntress arc. This is not to say it was spinning its wheels like Agents of Shield, but it felt too much like villain of the week stuff beforehand, but once the Huntress arc hit things became a lot tighter. Season 2 was awesome as well. I'm really looking forward to season 3, as well as Flash.

The first time I watched it, I got to the one where the "other Archer" showed up. My second time through, I got to the one with Baltar in it. Then I tried watching the season 1 recap before season 2 started. None of it hooked me. So I watched the first half of season one three times (including my recent binge I just finished) before I was able to get to the second half of the season.

I'm not going to compare it to Agents of SHIELD, because that's been done to death.

I'm hoping season 2 is better, but as much as I really like Arrow now, the first season was overall pretty atrocious, but it found its feet in the very end. I genuinely enjoyed the last 4-5 episodes, looking forward to new stuff.

Oh hey, River Tam just showed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005
I want to get into it, but do not want to slog through the first 19. Is it necessary to watch all of them? Can I skip to the end of the season or is there a preferred watchlist going into season 2? I am definitely looking forward to Flash and wanted to get some background on that shared universe.