Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eustachy
May 7, 2013

Jesto posted:

And people who only casually followed it / listened to what their twitter friends had to say about it would believe she was just another Anita-style figure that was the target of an internet hate campaign because she's a high profile woman in the gaming industry. She walks away from this nicely.

If this scandal doesn't somehow discredit her entirely in the industry, she's going to be all the more powerful a voice in it, especially with Phil Fish and Tim Schafer supporting her.
In the "indie game" scene which everyone knows is full of dipshit frauds who cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Gravefront posted:

Men's hats went out of fashion 40 years ago, though

only women look good in hats

I look really good in a Hawaiian Shirt + Panama Hat.

:cool:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Remember when the innocent wife was hurt by Zoe's cucking, and Zoe was just loving baffled as to why she would be mad at her and threw the husband dude under the bus on Twitter
'Why are you mad at me, you should be mad at him instead'

The only detail we know about the guy cheating on his wife is that he did it. There's a minute chance she didn't know (I have no idea how long she worked at the company). There's a fair chance he said something akin to "My wife and I have an open relationship, don't worry about it." Or any other myriad possibilities. It is not Zoe's place to police his actions. The guy fully deserves to get thrown under the bus.

I'm assuming Zoe and The Wife didn't know each other, and they should keep it that way. Who the other person is irrelevant, unless they are in your social circle.

Edit: If we know more details, I'd like to be corrected.

GentlemanBrofro
Mar 9, 2011

by Lowtax

He looks like a poor man's Spider Jerusalem. Like really poor in almost every aspect.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

The General posted:

The only detail we know about the guy cheating on his wife is that he did it. There's a minute chance she didn't know (I have no idea how long she worked at the company). There's a fair chance he said something akin to "My wife and I have an open relationship, don't worry about it." Or any other myriad possibilities. It is not Zoe's place to police his actions. The guy fully deserves to get thrown under the bus.

I'm assuming Zoe and The Wife didn't know each other, and they should keep it that way. Who the other person is irrelevant, unless they are in your social circle.

Edit: If we know more details, I'd like to be corrected.

No, that's what Zoe tried to pull and the wife called her out on it for lying. But the tweets got deleted because the wife didn't want to deal with all that bullshit publicly and I don't feel like trying to dig up screenshots because either way the husband and the zoe are both bad people.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

jpmeyer posted:

"dark enlightenment" sounds far less like a subversive new ideology and much more like one of the tents at the gathering of the juggalos

It sounds like a faction you'd join in some sort of RPG.

haven't really kept up with things, where did the thread about this thing in Games go? it's gone. :tinfoilhat:

Cycloneman
Feb 1, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT
SISTER FUCKING

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

No, that's what Zoe tried to pull and the wife called her out on it for lying. But the tweets got deleted because the wife didn't want to deal with all that bullshit publicly and I don't feel like trying to dig up screenshots because either way the husband and the zoe are both bad people.
That wasn't the wife, that was some other chick whose bf Zoe slept with.

Nobody knows who the wife is or has been really able to get into contact with her, afaict. There's a stumbleupon that some guy over on 4chan dug up to try to get in contact with her (and make sure she knows about her husband cheating on her), but that might not even be her, last I saw.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Cycloneman posted:

That wasn't the wife, that was some other chick whose bf Zoe slept with.

Nobody knows who the wife is or has been really able to get into contact with her, afaict. There's a stumbleupon that some guy over on 4chan dug up to try to get in contact with her (and make sure she knows about her husband cheating on her), but that might not even be her, last I saw.

Woops. Sorry, different woman that was hurt by this.
Sometimes it is hard to keep track.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

The Encyclopedia Dramatica page for Zoe Quinn's got a lot of the screencaps.

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem
from the guys that brought you "defending ayn rand" and "why blacks fail"...

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Jesto posted:

If this scandal doesn't somehow discredit her entirely in the industry, she's going to be all the more powerful a voice in it, especially with Phil Fish and Tim Schafer supporting her.

Tim Schafer, yeah I can see that; but I sure as poo poo hope Phil Fish's support doesn't lend anyone credibility considering all he's ever done since his Cave Story clone came out is work as hard as he can on discrediting himself and his reliability as a dev.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

GentlemanBrofro posted:

He looks like a poor man's Spider Jerusalem. Like really poor in almost every aspect.

you ain't wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNLVqh-IO24

The General
Mar 4, 2007

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

If I cheat on my spouse, I am 100% to blame for that. I decided that it was a good idea, and I went and did it. It is my fault.

My spouse has nothing to gain by contacting the person I cheated with, other than a screaming fit that accomplishes nothing.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

All those nerds who shave their heads down to the skin need to wear toupees.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

The General posted:

If I cheat on my spouse, I am 100% to blame for that. I decided that it was a good idea, and I went and did it. It is my fault.

My spouse has nothing to gain by contacting the person I cheated with, other than a screaming fit that accomplishes nothing.

Whether or not the wife confronts zoe, she should be made aware so that she can get tested.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

The General posted:

I don't get what that has to do with Zoe going up on twitter and saying "I didn't know he was married, you should be mad at him not me not my fault lol" and the dude's spouse busting her out over flat-out lying about it

The General
Mar 4, 2007

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Whether or not the wife confronts zoe, she should be made aware so that she can get tested.

Zoe Quinn, Patient 0 of Gamer Gonorrhea.

But no, I don't think strangers on the internet should be getting involved with this guys personal life. It's not their place.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Lobster Harmonica posted:

I don't get what that has to do with Zoe going up on twitter and saying "I didn't know he was married, you should be mad at him not me not my fault lol" and the dude's spouse busting her out over flat-out lying about it

I think someone said that was the girlfriend of another of the five guys, not the wife of her boss she was also loving.
:lol:

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

MrQwerty posted:

Tim Schafer, yeah I can see that; but I sure as poo poo hope Phil Fish's support doesn't lend anyone credibility considering all he's ever done since his Cave Story clone came out is work as hard as he can on discrediting himself and his reliability as a dev.

I don't see how people like Zoe and Fish can be considered credible game devs, they're basically high school popular and that's it. I don't think this high school drama extends into the actual games industry where tangible skills are important.

satin666
Jun 7, 2006

horriblePencilist posted:

I like how she periodically jokes on twitter how people make her out to be a supervillain but honestly she kinda is

i think that everyone should check out the randomly generated filename assigned to this picture ——  because itś probably the best one i seen on the entire web

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

i hope she does a panel at pax on the art of the cuck because she is like the grand master at this point

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

I think someone said that was the girlfriend of another of the five guys, not the wife of her boss she was also loving.

Dang, I need to study for the cuck midterms, professor aint fuckin around with these zoe quinn chapters

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

The General posted:

Zoe Quinn, Patient 0 of Gamer Gonorrhea.

But no, I don't think strangers on the internet should be getting involved with this guys personal life. It's not their place.

I don't think we're the ones digging up any info on this shitstorm, SA are just the old fogies sitting on the sidelines and watching and occasionally getting put on Do Not Support lists by MRAs/SJWs.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

satin666 posted:

i think that everyone should check out the randomly generated filename assigned to this picture ——  because itś probably the best one i seen on the entire web

lol

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

[I'M A GIANT HOMOPHOBE

satin666 posted:

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

satin666 posted:

lmao holy poo poo

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

[I'M A GIANT HOMOPHOBE
^^^ i dont get it but i have always wanted to empty quote the best poster on the forums

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Borden posted:

I don't think this high school drama extends into the actual games industry where tangible skills are important.

it will once crowdfunding becomes more standardized and all the zoe quinns can just raise 60k as 'creative director' of a Sadness Platformer and outsource all development

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
yeah i dont get it guys, help me out here

Forums Barber
Jan 5, 2011

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

it wasn't even one of the five guys.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

satin666 posted:

http://i.imgur.com/ELvirUG.png

elvirUG

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

there is a god

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

satin666 posted:

lmfao

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

[I'M A GIANT HOMOPHOBE
i am feeling incredibly dumb right now

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Denim Dude posted:

i am feeling incredibly dumb right now

Elvira + ugly = Elvirug

Christ read a book

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Borden posted:

I don't see how people like Zoe and Fish can be considered credible game devs

Nothing wrong with being an indie dev though.

The idiotic thing is their social media presence where they reveal they think they are gods who can pass judgement on the world, whilst having no particular standards about their own behavior.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Elvira

ElvirUg

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

[I'M A GIANT HOMOPHOBE

Lobster Harmonica posted:

Elvira + ugly = Elvirug

Christ read a book

sorry i never learned how to read

Musket