Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

big billy sesh and the winners would be a cool name for a rap doer group

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Glumwheels posted:

What's the takeaway from Anita's videos because everyone already knows game devs are lazy as hell. The money is still there for games like CoD, Hitman, God of War etc.

I personally don't give a poo poo about the scenes people are upset with. It's just a game and all I care about is the gameplay. When I see crazy poo poo in a movie or TV show it's way more disturbing than a video game imo.

well i guess as a man why would you give a poo poo about sexism?

and it's not about devs being lazy as hell, there's nothing lazy about sexism. it's a choice they're making. don't excuse it

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

but seriously though holy poo poo

still haven't played SR4, guess that's on the agenda for fall

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

quote:

Johnny Gat and Kinzie Kensington embark on a quest to save The President/God Emperor of the Universe from Hell’s infernal city of New Hades. After teaming up with former enemy Dane Vogel, they learn The Boss is going to be forced to marry Satan’s daughter! The Saints must conquer the demon-infested city and save their friend before it is too late.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
more importantly, ps4/one version of saints row 4 itself

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

haveblue posted:

oh my goddddddd :gizz:

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
are you guys actually excited for more saints row?

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

haveblue posted:

yeah, for just above 30 and comes with the expansion. hell yes i will buy this again to shoot satan in the face

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

stoutfish posted:

are you guys actually excited for more saints row?

i repeat: :gizz:

also as stipulated, it is absolutely the correct price point

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

yeah i wasnt enthused about spending $60 to go back to steelport but $20 to go to hell sounds like a fair deal

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Guide a powerful Lynx through vast open landscapes. Give birth to your cubs, raise and strengthen them by mastering your skills for hunting prey. Explore the wild beauty of nature and do everything possible to prepare your family for the vicious entities dwelling on the cold tundra.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Guide a powerful Lynx through vast open landscapes. Give birth to your cubs, raise and strengthen them by mastering your skills for hunting prey. Explore the wild beauty of nature and do everything possible to prepare your family for the vicious entities dwelling on the cold tundra.

id name my proud mama lynx beyonce

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Kenny Logins posted:

did you watch them and don't get the takeaway or haven't bothered watching them but hear about specific scenes people are engaging and wondering what the fuss is about

if you are really that passive a consumer of media then it shouldn't matter what content game devs put into games and therefore they shouldn't have to put in increasingly disturbing content to get your attention, but instead focus on good gameplay

I watched the first two and got bored so I haven't bothered with the rest. I don't really care about sexism in games or the gender of the protagonist. I just play games for fun and to unwind after being a wage slave every day. I'd like more interesting games with new ip and will support hem when they come out if the game is good.

I'm not drawn to games that are disturbing either. I really like the gameplay in GoW and only buy it for that reason. If a dev wants to make a game that grinds someone into gears they can idc. No ones forcing people to buy GoW, Hitman, Gone Home, or Depression Quest.

People should just make whatever they want without fear of getting harassed. However, I think both sides should remember everyone is a person and when you poo poo all over people you should be prepared to get it back. Hate breeds hate etc. I think it was the dev of Stanley parable who said it best a few days ago.

https://twitter.com/HelloCakebread

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
hmm yes, the truth is in the middle and both sides are equally vile

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Glumwheels posted:

I watched the first two and got bored so I haven't bothered with the rest. I don't really care about sexism in games or the gender of the protagonist. I just play games for fun and to unwind after being a wage slave every day. I'd like more interesting games with new ip and will support hem when they come out if the game is good.

I'm not drawn to games that are disturbing either. I really like the gameplay in GoW and only buy it for that reason. If a dev wants to make a game that grinds someone into gears they can idc. No ones forcing people to buy GoW, Hitman, Gone Home, or Depression Quest.

People should just make whatever they want without fear of getting harassed. However, I think both sides should remember everyone is a person and when you poo poo all over people you should be prepared to get it back. Hate breeds hate etc. I think it was the dev of Stanley parable who said it best a few days ago.

That's cool, but threatening someone with rape and death because they say things about your hobby that you don't like is not a reasonable response.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Blackula69 posted:

wait that game looked dumb, was it actually good? when you said remember me I thought you meant the TERRIBLE movie

it's worth playing and has a lot of neat stuff but by the end you'll be like "ugh if only they did this and this it would have been so much better"

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

stoutfish posted:

hmm yes, the truth is in the middle and both sides are equally vile

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
also the soundtrack is cool cause they just let the composer go wild instead of just making it a list of music that plays at chronological points in the game

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Glumwheels posted:

I think it was the dev of Stanley parable who said it best a few days ago.

if you are hate you will generate hate. if you are love you will generate love. if you are please acknowledge the larger context of this imagery you will generate gently caress you bitch I'm gonna rape you to death and mutilate your corpse. just like paul mccartney said

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Glumwheels posted:

you're just excusing sexism because "everybody gets hate" and saying you don't care about cultural depictions of women. well yeah, because you're a guy without the previously discussed critical cultural perspective. you're implying that sexism isn't a problem because it's not a problem to you. if you really dont care then shut the gently caress up about it

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Glumwheels posted:

when you poo poo all over people you should be prepared to get it back. Hate breeds hate etc.

there it is

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

i mean, I'm a guy who literally doesn't understand the impact of constant negative depictions of women in games and literally can't even see them, so why should anyone care about sexism in games? durrrrrr

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Glumwheels posted:

in that case, the takeaway for you is that in her videos is that she is not making GBS threads all over people or introducing hate, but is being treated like she is

on the other hand her critics deliberately poo poo all over her and consciously introduce hate then are surprised and affronted to get hate in return

this might make you think that despite your instincts/reaction towards apathy about sexism in games or anything else, that if people are getting so riled up, maybe there's something important happening

if you want to have a world where you don't have to care about what ip (with good gameplay) you consume, you have to vote now with your dollars and consume ip (with good gameplay) that avoids this contentious material

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

glumwheels you dumb as poo poo bro

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Citizen Tayne posted:

That's cool, but threatening someone with rape and death because they say things about your hobby that you don't like is not a reasonable response.
who gets blamed for the death threats though

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Citizen Tayne posted:

well, saying someone is being unreasonable is censorship, which is p hateful

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
are we still posting about this stupid poo poo oh my god

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

dragon enthusiast posted:

also the soundtrack is cool cause they just let the composer go wild instead of just making it a list of music that plays at chronological points in the game
yes remember me has pretty good music in the vein of shadowrun returns or vangelis or whatever. it fits the game so well you only notice it at certain points but it does play the whole time

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

bump_fn posted:

are we still posting about this stupid poo poo oh my god

yeah unfortunately gamers are still terrible people

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Fabricated posted:

according to glumwheels here it's anita's fault because she's making GBS threads all over games by making trenchant and intelligent criticism

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Fabricated posted:

the woman

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
in video game news persona 4 arena ultimax came out in japan and it's dead on arrival

rip

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Kenny Logins posted:

yes remember me has pretty good music in the vein of shadowrun returns or vangelis or whatever. it fits the game so well you only notice it at certain points but it does play the whole time

hey speaking of shadowrun I never bothered to play through the Berlin campaign - I totally lost interest in that game pretty quickly, even if I liked the individual elements a lot. have any non-terrible fan campaigns come out? is the second one any good?

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Citizen Tayne posted:

I agree. I'm not really talking about Anita because she hasn't done anything other than make her videos. I'm more talking about the retarded twitter war hanger-ons in the industry are having with 4chan.

There should be more diversity and inclusivity but I think games like GoW can exist side by side with Gone Home and whatever.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

yeah there should definitely be more diversity in the "women being crushed by gears" genre. perhaps some woc?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Glumwheels posted:

hanger-ons in the industry

and here's the other one

go ahead and post that 4chan-approved list of "ACTUAL WOMEN IN VIDEO GAMES" who aren't outspoken about their politics

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Kenny Logins posted:

it's kind of weird in that there's actually only a handful of actual motifs and melodies used

if you went "hey what music was playing at this part of the game" I would not be able to tell you but if you gave me a stanza I'd go "yeah I recognize that from here here and here"

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
pls dont quote someone who talks about 4chan tia

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Blackula69 posted:

hey speaking of shadowrun I never bothered to play through the Berlin campaign - I totally lost interest in that game pretty quickly, even if I liked the individual elements a lot. have any non-terrible fan campaigns come out? is the second one any good?
dragonfall (the Berlin one) is getting a standalone director's cut on sept. 18 so wait until then to try again

"a stitch in time" is the best ugc i've played. the writing is only serviceable but it has pretty well-done combat scenarios and some ui/mechanics tweaks to make it a more satisfying tactical game. it's also a really long campaign (ended with 200 karma and 500 kills) and coheres well with the overall shadowrun setting. highly recommend

"nightmare harvest" has fun writing but doesn't let you hire runners. it's short and gives tons of karma. worth playing but won't take long and has only serviceable combats

everything else is really blah so far. the antumbra series might be ok if you were jonesing for more but a stitch in time has me burnt out until the dragonfall dc drops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

if you make weird indie games and have opinions, you're not a real game dev, you see

• Locked thread