Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Blackula69 posted:

according to glumwheels here it's anita's fault because she's making GBS threads all over games by making trenchant and intelligent criticism
the people who don't like anita blame anita and the people who like anita blame literally everyone who doesn't agree with anita which sorry, is just as loving stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Glumwheels posted:

I agree. I'm not really talking about Anita because she hasn't done anything other than make her videos. I'm more talking about the retarded twitter war hanger-ons in the industry are having with 4chan.

There should be more diversity and inclusivity but I think games like GoW can exist side by side with Gone Home and whatever.

glumwheels earlier i told you to shut the gently caress up and I'm afraid I must reiterate my poisition here

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Fabricated posted:

the people who don't like anita blame anita and the people who like anita blame literally everyone who doesn't agree with anita which sorry, is just as loving stupid

if you dont agree with anita you are part of the loving problem, hope that helps

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i understand that some people are uncomfortable with nazis and yes, i could see that the holocaust is upsetting to some people, but

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

hey blackula is it "hanger-ons" or "hangers-on"

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Notorious QIG posted:

if you dont agree with anita you are part of the loving problem, hope that helps
Nope. Sorry.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Werthog 95 posted:

hanging-dong

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Fabricated posted:

Nope. Sorry.

Anita: "It's a bad thing to have women exist in video games purely to be sex objects, murder victims, and/or impetuses for the hero."

You: "Nope."

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Notorious QIG posted:

Anita: "It's a bad thing to have women exist in video games purely to be sex objects, murder victims, and/or impetuses for the hero."

You: "Nope."
Yep, exactly what I said. :allears:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Fabricated posted:

Nope. Sorry.
uhh yeah what is it that you think you don't agree with exactly?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Notorious QIG posted:

woah hey there with all the hate!!! if somebody posts ur address and says they're gonna come kill ur gf you brought it on urself now

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Fabricated posted:

Yep, exactly what I said. :allears:

THAT IS LITERALLY WHAT YOU SAID

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Blackula69 posted:

you're just excusing sexism because "everybody gets hate" and saying you don't care about cultural depictions of women. well yeah, because you're a guy without the previously discussed critical cultural perspective. you're implying that sexism isn't a problem because it's not a problem to you. if you really dont care then shut the gently caress up about it

Blackula69 posted:

glumwheels earlier i told you to shut the gently caress up and I'm afraid I must reiterate my poisition here

Blackula69 posted:

according to glumwheels here it's anita's fault because she's making GBS threads all over games by making trenchant and intelligent criticism

Blackula69 posted:

glumwheels you dumb as poo poo bro

Blackula69 posted:

i mean, I'm a guy who literally doesn't understand the impact of constant negative depictions of women in games and literally can't even see them, so why should anyone care about sexism in games? durrrrrr

http://dish.andrewsullivan.com/2014/08/21/where-online-social-liberalism-lost-the-script/

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Werthog 95 posted:

hangers-on, it's an odd one because hang-ups is also correct

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
god dammit will some mod come close this garbage thread please

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Blackula69 posted:

hangers-on, it's an odd one because hang-ups is also correct

that's what i thought thx :-)

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

bump_fn posted:

god dammit will some mod come close this garbage thread please

what would you like to talk about, bump_fn

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

lol for real? sorry i got tired of painstakingly explaining basic poo poo to idiots and was mercilessly mocking a dumb guy (and making points while doing it)

barons you used to be cool

e: yeah maybe no more feminism chat

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

omg fuuuuuuuck andrew sullivan

and SUPER DUPER FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK the guy who wrote that article

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Blackula69 posted:

lol for real? sorry i got tired of painstakingly explaining basic poo poo to idiots and was mercilessly mocking a dumb guy (and making points while doing it)

barons you used to be cool

remember, if you ever don't feel like arguing something that means you're wrong

god loving dammit i get told that so much maybe i just want to enjoy myself and not defend my very existence

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Werthog 95 posted:

3ds chat got rethinking about getting a 3ds
what are good games for 3ds and don't say pokemon

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Werthog 95 posted:

i wanna talk about anime

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Hell is said to be roughly 50 percent the size of Steelport - the city from Saints Row: The Third and Saints Row 4 - and players will be able to fly around the city using demonic wings. Volition is also including weapons themed after Biblical curses and stories, including a gun that fires a plague of locusts, a gun that fires a plague of frogs, and a chair with machine guns and rockets strapped to it, representing sloth - one of the seven deadly sins.

There will also be a musical number.

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.
So what do people think about the upcoming Civ: Beyond Earth? As I mentioned earlier I play too many strategy games, so this one looks pretty exciting to me. I am a bit worried that it will be "Civ V: Pay Some More Edition" except that the new mechanics they added and changes from the Civ V formula look pretty interesting.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

bump_fn posted:

mh4u is comin soon, that will own. right now good games:

mk7
nsmb2
sm3dl
prof layton
zelda:lbw (from what ive heard)

a bunch more that i cant think of right now

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

armorer posted:

So what do people think about the upcoming Civ: Beyond Earth? As I mentioned earlier I play too many strategy games, so this one looks pretty exciting to me. I am a bit worried that it will be "Civ V: Pay Some More Edition" except that the new mechanics they added and changes from the Civ V formula look pretty interesting.

c:be looks different enough from civ v to be worth my money, hence why i already bought it (also im a consumer whore)

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

bump_fn posted:

monster hunt
kid Icarus
fire emblems

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

bump_fn posted:

fire emblem is a good game where you get to get people married

smt4 is a good game where you get to flirt with demons

etrian odyssey 4 is a good game where you get to draw maps

bravely default is a good game where the girl goes mrgrgr a lot and it is just a good game i liked it

pokemon is a good game stop trying to be cool and say it isnt

----------------

HorseLord
Aug 26, 2014

Notorious QIG posted:

anita's work is literally a dumbed down baby version of feminism for spoonfeeding and men are still making GBS threads about it

self labling gamers are trash and i'm glad nobody conflates them with people who play videogames anymore

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

HorseLord posted:

anita's work is literally a dumbed down baby version of feminism for spoonfeeding and men are still making GBS threads about it

self labling gamers are trash and i'm glad nobody conflates them with people who play videogames anymore

the thing a lot of non-feminists dont get is that there are loads of different schools of thought within the overarching philosophy of Feminism and feminists often disagree with one another about a lot of stuff. there is literally not a single thing i can think of in her videos that any feminist would disagree with, that is how loving basic this poo poo is, and yet men are literally sending her death threats. its the craziest loving thing

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

i tried to make a kerbal b wing and it sucked and was unstable and terrible and even the pictures turned out bad

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

bump_fn posted:

mario kart's good if you don't have a wii u (don't get a wii u)

sadly i cannot recommend mgs3 on the 3ds, laggy as hell and if you don't have a circle pad pro aiming is poo poo

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Werthog 95 posted:

mario kart's good if you don't have a wii u (don't get a wii u)

sadly i cannot recommend mgs3 on the 3ds, laggy as hell and if you don't have a circle pad pro aiming is poo poo

wii u secret best console

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

it doesn't get any more monkey cheese than this

BLECH

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

guess i'll make do with my other 3 versions of mgs3

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

pokemon is a good game stop trying to be cool and say it isnt

this comment was more that pokemon got too complicated and to level up ur pokemon u have to kiss it on the cheek five times on the right phase of the moon or w.e last pokemon i actually beat was silver (the best pokemon since u got to go back to the red/blue region why don't other pkmn games do that)

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

haveblue posted:

Hell is said to be roughly 50 percent the size of Steelport - the city from Saints Row: The Third and Saints Row 4 - and players will be able to fly around the city using demonic wings. Volition is also including weapons themed after Biblical curses and stories, including a gun that fires a plague of locusts, a gun that fires a plague of frogs, and a chair with machine guns and rockets strapped to it, representing sloth - one of the seven deadly sins.

There will also be a musical number.

im sure the weapon for lust is going to be appropriately disturbing

or a dildo bat reskin, thats also possible.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i played the new mario kart game on the wii u and was not that impressed. maybe it was because my friend made me use that huge controller thing. what's the deal with the huge controller thing? that huge controller thing should be the controller for the xbox one!

----------------

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Blackula69 posted:

"shut the gently caress up" - blackula69, champion of friendship and niceness to all (nice racist AND sexually-disenfranchising name there too bro)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

maniacdevnull posted:

i tried to make a kerbal b wing and it sucked and was unstable and terrible and even the pictures turned out bad

I haven't kerbaled in a while, just stopped trying to fix it once it was clear there was no easy solution. maybe once 0.25 is out with new gameplay stuff and mac 64 bit support

• Locked thread