Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

bump_fn posted:

this comment was more that pokemon got too complicated and to level up ur pokemon u have to kiss it on the cheek five times on the right phase of the moon or w.e last pokemon i actually beat was silver (the best pokemon since u got to go back to the red/blue region why don't other pkmn games do that)
probably because they could easily reuse the assets, every generation of nintendo handheld since then has only had one new pokemon so they couldn't easily reuse the previous game's world (except b&w2 but gently caress that)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

"shut the gently caress up" - blackula69, champion of friendship and niceness to all (nice racist AND sexually-disenfranchising name there too bro)

stop playing dota

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Blackula69 posted:

hey speaking of shadowrun I never bothered to play through the Berlin campaign - I totally lost interest in that game pretty quickly, even if I liked the individual elements a lot. have any non-terrible fan campaigns come out? is the second one any good?
oh also i posted in the srr games thread about a stitch in time if you want more specifics on why it might be worth trying

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

"shut the gently caress up" - blackula69, champion of friendship and niceness to all (nice racist AND sexually-disenfranchising name there too bro)

post some skeletons about it

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
i just realized it would be nice to have a way to bookmark individual posts but lol radium

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Notorious QIG posted:

stop playing dota

Please stop trying to say i am not a "real gamer" just because I am a white male. No I will not take off my shirt while streaming, no I am not a "cam gigolo", yes I do "play real games"

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

just because you're in favour of equality doesn't mean you can't be an rear end in a top hat on the Internet

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

right click on the little # at the post and save that to a bookmark??? or do you mean like subscribing to replies to a post

if that's what you're looking for, i recommend discourse by jeff fatwood of snack overflow

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

saints row is poo poo

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Notorious QIG posted:

stop playing dota

bears repeating

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Notorious QIG posted:

stop playing dota

also can i have my furion taunt back quiggs

also come hang in the mumble again sometime friend, we all miss you especially stoutfish

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

maybe try ddrd again, skull man. they've probably forgotten you by now

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3612827&perpage=40&pagenumber=91#post427324718

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Vintersorg posted:

saints row is poo poo

saints row is actually cool, and good

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

lol

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i thought knuc and barons were the same

a true posting career

Dj Meow Mix posted:

saints row is actually cool, and good

im #TeamGTA :(

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

haha cool

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

thank you.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Vintersorg posted:

im #TeamGTA :(

that is okay :) to be honest i have not played gta5 yet, im too worried about it melting my ps3 so i have to wait for pc

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Werthog 95 posted:

right click on the little # at the post and save that to a bookmark??? or do you mean like subscribing to replies to a post

if that's what you're looking for, i recommend discourse by jeff fatwood of snack overflow

yeah i did that it would just be nice to have a thing in the CP that did it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
don't get why anyone would want to be a boring normal gangster just shooting aks at other gangsters and not throwing suvs at aliens with your mind powers

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

lol

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Dj Meow Mix posted:

that is okay :) to be honest i have not played gta5 yet, im too worried about it melting my ps3 so i have to wait for pc

yeah, the load times were shite upon booting up the game on PS3 but once in everything was seamless and quick

gta 5 was great fun, a throwback to san andreas

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Blackula69 posted:

hey speaking of shadowrun I never bothered to play through the Berlin campaign - I totally lost interest in that game pretty quickly, even if I liked the individual elements a lot. have any non-terrible fan campaigns come out? is the second one any good?

dragonfall is much better than berlin

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Dragonfall is pretty good.

The director's cut will add in new gameplay elements which might make combat a bit more interesting too.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

haveblue posted:

don't get why anyone would want to be a boring normal gangster just shooting aks at other gangsters and not throwing suvs at aliens with your mind powers

by this logic [prototype] is the best game ever

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
tried mortals kombat x and evil within at fan expo today. mortal komnat is very mortal kombatty, thebee woman is fun. evil within is pretty much resident evil 4: back 2 the mansion and seems neat. hopefully it won't have an underground laboratory

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

dragonfall is much better than berlin

yeah, sorry, I thought berlin was the second one. got it mixed up. will probably check it out soon

Coughing-up Tweed
Jun 12, 2006

Fabricated posted:

Dragonfall is pretty good.

The director's cut will add in new gameplay elements which might make combat a bit more interesting too.

i was really enjoying dragonfall and then that got announced and now i dont want to play it

Blackula69 posted:

yeah, sorry, I thought berlin was the second one. got it mixed up. will probably check it out soon

no you are right dragonfall is the second one and takes place in berlin

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

its depressing to think that video games may have driven someone into american conservatism

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Busta Chimes.wav posted:

by this logic [prototype] is the best game ever

I was thinking more crackdown

did like prototype though

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

wait whoa what fan-made fallout mmorpg

quote:

Development on Ashes of Phoenix has been really intense during this summer, and thanks to your support and feedback, we've been able to bring multiple improvements to the game. Now, it is time for the launch.

Friday the 5th of September, the public server will be officially open for everyone. That means you'll be free to download the game client and jump into Arizona with all of us and start the adventure!

quote:

FOnline: Ashes of Phoenix is a Fallout MMORPG based on the FOnline engine. It takes you to Phoenix, Arizona, around 2220.

The city miraculously avoided its global destruction during the Great War of 2077, and a well preserved part of its center remained almost completely unnoticed for almost 150 years. Eventually, a rumor speaking of plentiful resources and intact buildings has been spread into the Wasteland. Independent organizations showed up, preparing themselves for an unavoidable conflict with each other, while stronger forces remain hidden, waiting for the situation to evolve and give them the opportunity to achieve their objectives.

You are a Wastelander, coming to Phoenix for food and adventure. Fortunately, factions there are happily accepting extra manpower in their ranks. Make your choice, and join the battle for the city.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

it's a fallout2 mod http://www.fonline-aop.net//site/index.php?p=game

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Cat Face Joe posted:

its depressing to think that video games may have driven someone into american conservatism

Apparently it has taken hold of 4chan because when you're desperate you'll take anyone I guess

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

bump_fn posted:

what are good games for 3ds and don't say pokemon

common choices include:

fire emblem awakening
super mario 3d land
shin megami tensei iv
the ace attorney games and the case dlc (digital only)
professor layton vs ace attorney
bravely default

that's it for exclusives, anyway

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

also can i have my furion taunt back quiggs

also come hang in the mumble again sometime friend, we all miss you especially stoutfish

i am an uncaring shell of a man please don't bring me into this

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

haveblue posted:

I was thinking more crackdown

did like prototype though

crackdown was cool but i actually really enjoyed the breadth of gameplay options in prototype. get tired of piledriving people off buildings? go join up with an army squad and gun down marauding mutants, or stealthily take over an entire army base, or kick helicopters until they explode. shame the sequel wasn't as good

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

went out for a walk
talked to a coworker, she wants to repair her dreamcast and wanted some advice on it
turns out nobody cares about video game politics outside of video gamers
bless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Liver Disaster posted:

went out for a walk
talked to a coworker

i find both of these hard to believe

• Locked thread