Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Uhh, what other mods make the characters look nicer without writing slut on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The gently caress?

:nms: http://i.imgur.com/ZE8LjPg.jpg :nms:

I think it's only in the "unrated" version, though. The Awful Mod thread covered it pretty extensively.

You could always try FCO, but a lot of people complain that characters look weird, so I dunno.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I recommend New Vegas Redesigned 2. It's a lot more reigned in as far as I can tell. I don't recommend anything that absolutely requires you to use a bodymod because... well let's just say there are dongs.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Redesigned looks nice in some places but the creator is your standard :nexus: class sperg. I'm still not sure which is better, the massive amount of facial damage a lot of characters get, or his changing other character's races to match their voice actors.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Does anyone have a good recommendation for a body mod without all the creepy bullshit? It looks like I need one for an armor pack I'm trying to install, but all I'm finding is nude mods.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
As far as I know, nude mods are all that exist. The only people that are willing to put forth the effort are also the same people that want big dicks flopping around the desert.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a body mod without all the creepy bullshit? It looks like I need one for an armor pack I'm trying to install, but all I'm finding is nude mods.

This is for Breeze and Type3:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/45599/

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Cool, that'll work just fine I think. Thanks!

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
You don't need a "Redesigned" or "PRETTY NPCS" mod, the guys in game are about as good as it gets for Gamebryo.

Custom race mods for the player are great though, especially the one that adds the ghoul eye.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Gyshall posted:

You don't need a "Redesigned" or "PRETTY NPCS" mod, the guys in game are about as good as it gets for Gamebryo.

Custom race mods for the player are great though, especially the one that adds the ghoul eye.

This. Gamebryo facegen/body looks like rear end but there's basically nothing you can do about it.

Moryrie
Sep 24, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Uhh, what other mods make the characters look nicer without writing slut on them.

You could try NVCE. If you don't want the creepy weirdness from Redesigned, or like FCO, this is prettymuch the only option. It isn't a bad option though. It uses vanilla textures, and just re-arranges features so they look less goofy.

If you use NVEC, it has an option with includes NVCE, so you can have a shorter load order. But most people here seem to hate NVEC. :shrug:

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

I asked this a couple days ago. Here's what I've learned essentially: Breeze for the guys. But there isn't really anything that isn't 'weird' in at least one way for the ladies though. Type 3 takes a lot of liberties with clothing (shortening skirts, removing undershirts). So does Type 6. Also Type N (which is also on that one website no one wants to admit going to..). It ends up being a question of what kind of weird is most acceptable to you. Type N is the least 'sexy', but still has some weird design choices. (Type N makes a lot of clothing that was male only have a female variant. But sometimes the male versions were topless. So the female ones are too..) Type 6 is missing a lot of outfits, (like all the wastelander and republican outfits) but then has 'feminine' power armor which is IMHO really stupid. Nivea is supposedly working on a new variant, but all that's been posted is 1 picture, and there's a lot of clothing to convert.

All of these have underwear options. Type 6 has underwear by default. For Type N, you'll have to look for the Fallout 3 version of the body, and have that overwrite the default nude. Type 3 has a non-nude variant around somewhere, but it isn't default.

Basically.. if you don't want to compromise somewhere.... you're either stuck with the default female body, making your own, or praying that someone else releases one eventually that doesn't suck.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
I'm having a pretty major bug with Wasteland Defense. Any time I try to enter my fort HQ, everything spawns in the exact middle of the room, including me, and even with tcl I can't move. I was able to go into and out of it just fine more than once earlier, and haven't changed anything about my load order since then.

e: And after going somewhere else for a while, it fixed it. I didn't even restart the game. :iiam:

Tumblr of scotch fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Aug 29, 2014

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
Welp. Decided to try and install New Vegas redesigned 3 and it appears to have borked my game pretty good. Doc Mitchell doesn't even spawn in for a new game start any more and disabling the .esm and .esps that installed doesn't correct this. Anyone else had this problem?

Tried loading up an old save (with everything enabled) and some of the legionaires that spawn at Nipton were missing whatever their new helmet textures were supposed to be.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

JawKnee posted:

. Anyone else had this problem?

Installing NVR3? nah, never had that problem :v:

how many times did you toggle archive invalidation? was it at least three?

Failing that, I don't know the NVR3 structure but does it come with a bunch of loose files? It may be those are causing problems even with the esp/esm files taken out of your load order. I'd check those too.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

My biggest recommendation is not installing NVR3. :v:

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Psion posted:

Installing NVR3? nah, never had that problem :v:

how many times did you toggle archive invalidation? was it at least three?

Failing that, I don't know the NVR3 structure but does it come with a bunch of loose files? It may be those are causing problems even with the esp/esm files taken out of your load order. I'd check those too.

tried toggling archive invalidation a few times, didn't change anything. The mod comes with a few loose textures/meshes (and the other .esp files) in an update, but nothing that affects doc mitchell or quite a few other disturbed textures I've seen so far. The main file is a Fomod file so I guess I'm going to have to reinstall the game - bummer but maybe it'll clear out some of the clutter

e:

watho posted:

My biggest recommendation is not installing NVR3. :v:

Beginning to wish I hadn't tried. Mods are the only thing that's keeping me playing at this point though after so many playthroughs.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone know what happened to the Destruction Overhaul mod? It looks like it disappeared from Nexus.

Sole Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
I've actually managed to sort of track down my crashing issue. After a complete wipe, I reinstalled all of my mods, including TTW. I got TTW to run with my UI mods. I then tried installing a "newer" version of Darn UI (http://taleoftwowastelands.com/content/darnifiedui-ttw-edition). My game started crashing without even starting up again. I tried wiping my UI mods and just going back to the working setup. However, the game is still crashing. I'm guessing something is getting corrupted or messed up, but I can't pin it down on anything. I wiped my .ini files as well.

I'm trying to use DarnUI, Project Nevada with Extra Options, Mod Config Menu, FPS Weapon Wheel, Selective Fire, Weapon Mod Menu, and Unified HUD Project. Using http://wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas#User_Interface as a guide.

Sole Survivor fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Aug 30, 2014

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

JawKnee posted:

Welp. Decided to try and install New Vegas redesigned 3 and it appears to have borked my game pretty good. Doc Mitchell doesn't even spawn in for a new game start any more and disabling the .esm and .esps that installed doesn't correct this. Anyone else had this problem?

Tried loading up an old save (with everything enabled) and some of the legionaires that spawn at Nipton were missing whatever their new helmet textures were supposed to be.

NVR3 requires the assets from FCO but it won't work properly or downright crash if any FCO esms or esps are active in your load order.

That being said, install FCO, make sure none of it's esms or esps are activated in your load order.
Install NVR3, say yes to overwrite.
Activate it's esms/esps. Done.

If that won't work post your load order.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Sensenmann posted:

NVR3 requires the assets from FCO but it won't work properly or downright crash if any FCO esms or esps are active in your load order.

That being said, install FCO, make sure none of it's esms or esps are activated in your load order.

gonna give that a try as I definitely still had FCO stuff active

E: that appears to have done the trick, thanks!

JawKnee fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Aug 30, 2014

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Sensenmann posted:

As even someone who likes FCO, all of this sounds disastrous. Christ.

Hopefully FO4 comes out next year because that is such a dumb juggle of mods.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I have a mod that is conflicting with jsawyer and adding the (GRA) variants back into the game. The only mods I can think of that I'm running that may do that are either YUP or the WRP GRA patch. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this short of deactivating one of the offending mods?

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Berke Negri posted:

As even someone who likes FCO, all of this sounds disastrous. Christ.

Hopefully FO4 comes out next year because that is such a dumb juggle of mods.

Yeah, because with FO4 the dumb mod juggle olympics will be a thing of the past! :v:

To be fair, however, the NVR3 description page has the FCO dependancy and the problems that arise should one ignore to uncheck the FCO esms/esps within the first couple of sentences.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I have a mod that is conflicting with jsawyer and adding the (GRA) variants back into the game.
Just to be sure, you're talking about the (GRA) suffix in the name of the GRA specific weapon and ammo? If that's the case, you can make a quick compatibility patch with FNVEdit. Alternatively if you using WryeBash, add the names tag to jsawyer.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Raygereio posted:

Just to be sure, you're talking about the (GRA) suffix in the name of the GRA specific weapon and ammo? If that's the case, you can make a quick compatibility patch with FNVEdit. Alternatively if you using WryeBash, add the names tag to jsawyer.

Ok, I worked out that it's EVE, which I should have figured because it adds all sorts of energy weapon explosions and is the only mod below jsawyer. Durr. Putting jsawyer at the bottom solved the problem.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Is there a mod that retextures melee weapons? It's so jarring to put away my snazzy hi res laser pistol to pull out my shovel that looks like a blurry turd.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Is there a mod that retextures melee weapons? It's so jarring to put away my snazzy hi res laser pistol to pull out my shovel that looks like a blurry turd.

There's this, but it's not especially comprehensive or super good.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/42509/

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The shovel is actually missing its higher-res '1stperson' texture making it especially bad; seems like it was just left out of the game by mistake. It's originally from Point Lookout for FO3, so if you own that DLC and really care a lot about the shovel specifically, you can get the higher-res texture from there.

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax
So I've been thinking about grabbing Fallout 3 GOTY from Steam. This thread's comprehensive OP and other sources on the internet seem to say the Steam version is pretty friendly to modding. Is there any downside at all versus disc? Originally thought I wanted to port custom meshes* so I could play as whomever I wanted.

*I know this by itself is a painful process- I can model, but know nothing about bone-rigging and other essential stuff. I'm more just curious about modding potential should I ever want to go the route of locking myself in my apartment for weeks to create the perfect Spongebob from scratch. In the meantime, I'll likely stick with perk tweaks and armor textures. Maybe make Harold a nice TV so he can pass the time.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

mamelon posted:

So I've been thinking about grabbing Fallout 3 GOTY from Steam. This thread's comprehensive OP and other sources on the internet seem to say the Steam version is pretty friendly to modding. Is there any downside at all versus disc? Originally thought I wanted to port custom meshes* so I could play as whomever I wanted.

*I know this by itself is a painful process- I can model, but know nothing about bone-rigging and other essential stuff. I'm more just curious about modding potential should I ever want to go the route of locking myself in my apartment for weeks to create the perfect Spongebob from scratch. In the meantime, I'll likely stick with perk tweaks and armor textures. Maybe make Harold a nice TV so he can pass the time.

Nah Steam GOTY is perfectly fine. Probably even less of a hassle now than disc with the GFWL store being done and dusted.

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Cool, thanks!

Zealot4223
Sep 3, 2014

SplitSoul posted:

:nms: http://i.imgur.com/ZE8LjPg.jpg :nms:

I think it's only in the "unrated" version, though. The Awful Mod thread covered it pretty extensively.

You could always try FCO, but a lot of people complain that characters look weird, so I dunno.

So if I'm not mistaken, the mod has the Unrated version by default.There is no "unrated version"..because it's not a version you can choose..it's just included by default.

that being said, I actually liked the mod. It just is very difficult to install correctly. I kept getting pink faces, exclamation points, crash to desktop. And even after that, the textures still didn't look right. It took a while but I got it going and it looks great. A lot of detail. It's like a whole new game. You have to know load orders and FNVEdit pretty pat-down. I actually think it deserves more credit than it's getting. (shrugs shoulders)

Zealot4223 fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Sep 3, 2014

Zealot4223
Sep 3, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Nothing yet. Someone needs to retexture the chainsaw..badly.

Zealot4223
Sep 3, 2014

Brainamp posted:

Redesigned looks nice in some places but the creator is your standard :nexus: class sperg. I'm still not sure which is better, the massive amount of facial damage a lot of characters get, or his changing other character's races to match their voice actors.

I think the voice matching will most definitely rub people the wrong way..but it makes sense. Some of the original voices and the way they looked were downright horrible. Astor in particular. Dawes too. Mister Holdout, etc.

Zealot4223 fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Sep 3, 2014

Zealot4223
Sep 3, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You can also try:

New Vegas Character Expansion by Machienzo

but his changes are practically nonexistent.

Zealot4223 fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Sep 3, 2014

Zealot4223
Sep 3, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Mission Mojave or YUP? I tried mission mojave and I noticed that they made it so you can't take stuff from Doc Mitchell, which was a red flag for dumbasses taking liberties with the developers intentions. Are there fixes worth it or is there more of these personal type adjustments?

YUP all the way. I don't bother with mission mojave. It was once good but they went all crazy. YUP is solid in my opinion.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

You can quote multiple posts in one, dude.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Does quintuple posting unlock an achievement?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Why did FCO/Redesigned 3 turn everybody into a casper?

And does anybody know how I would go about making the nights (& dawns/dusks for that matter) a bit brighter, using Rudy's ENB?

By the way, if you use an ENB with this game at all, just get Rudy's. It has to be the best one out there right now, I can't believe how nice the game looks with it installed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

HORMELCHILI posted:

And does anybody know how I would go about making the nights (& dawns/dusks for that matter) a bit brighter, using Rudy's ENB?

By the way, if you use an ENB with this game at all, just get Rudy's. It has to be the best one out there right now, I can't believe how nice the game looks with it installed.

How does it play with Nevada Skies?

Try playing with the EBrightnessV2Night setting in the GUI.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Sep 3, 2014