Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Apparently when they first met, Regal and HHH bonded over NWOBHM. So I'd assume HHH is actually knowledgeable in it.

As a NWOBHM nerd, this makes me like Triple H even more. GOAT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Rodney the Piper posted:

Can I just jump right in with the AE podcast? I watched up til about early 1999 and I'm pretty familiar with what happened after.

They're also a much less frequent podcast, releasing episodes about every three weeks or so. You'll catch up to the current episode in no time.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Dave Meltzer posted:

We are having a problem with our email account today which will hopefully get fixed quickly. Given the history of this problem, it's more likely to take several days.

For the time being, please email my backup account at hsmeltzer@juno.com. Anyone who has emailed dave@wrestlingobserver.com since last night, please resend to my backup account at hsmeltzer@juno.com.

Thanks for your understanding!

Is Dave the last one using a Juno email account?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

mariooncrack posted:

IIRC it's not even his Juno account, it's one that's attached to his father.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I'd say start from the beginning of the podcast, because (as well as being consistently funny) there's a lot of running gags you might miss if you skip ahead.

having just passed the 1 year mark (Backlash/SmackDown pilot, Owen show), I say start from the start. It's been fun journey.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
New Generation podcast is good too. They're coming up to In Your House 4, featuring Mabel vs Yokozuna.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

mariooncrack posted:

My great uncle is still alive. He's in his 90s.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
You guys realize that Dave keeps the juno email because everyone has that address and Dave doesn't want to lose contact with people, right?

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

E: nvm I am dum

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Listening to B&V.

Vinny's cat. :smith:

E: Oh but there's this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b-Jd9EiBPg :unsmith:

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Aug 29, 2014

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Cactus Jack posted:

You guys realize that Dave keeps the juno email because everyone has that address and Dave doesn't want to lose contact with people, right?

He could set up automatic forwarding and get a real email.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cactus Jack posted:

It's pretty clear he still uses it as his primary email service.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Dave Meltzer does the Ice Bucket Challenge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b-Jd9EiBPg

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Listening to B&V.

Vinny's cat. :smith:

E: Oh but there's this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b-Jd9EiBPg :unsmith:

There's a bunch of people doing it in Singapore and here in Taiwan, a lot of them are just doing the challenge and obviously aren't donating anything or really spreading the word but I guess if anyone bothers to search why people are dumping ice water on their head then they'll figure it out and donate if they want to. Anyway my point was that it's probably circulating around Japan by this point, but I love that Dave Meltzer wants to popularize it via Tanahashi; that's so Dave.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

PaybackJack posted:

There's a bunch of people doing it in Singapore and here in Taiwan, a lot of them are just doing the challenge and obviously aren't donating anything or really spreading the word but I guess if anyone bothers to search why people are dumping ice water on their head then they'll figure it out and donate if they want to. Anyway my point was that it's probably circulating around Japan by this point, but I love that Dave Meltzer wants to popularize it via Tanahashi; that's so Dave.

It was important to pick a charismatic guy. Can't have a non drawing vanilla midget do it.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

MassRafTer posted:

It's pretty clear he still uses it as his primary email service.

And it is working. Checkmate. :smug:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Now we just need a shed opening challenge for Parkinson's and we're in.

E:60 briefly showed a creative meeting in 2009. It was really boring.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG-9jy7zBK8

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Daniel Bryan posted:

Dave Meltzer does the Ice Bucket Challenge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b-Jd9EiBPg

That's awesome and I hope Tana does it.

I was a bit worried that was a very good impersonator until he finally let a "Ya know" slip midway though.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I am 100% unsurprised that Dave's Ice Bucket Challenge vid was over four minutes long. Good history lesson, though.

And what happened to Vinny's cat, I didn't get around to the show yet?

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

CVagts posted:

I am 100% unsurprised that Dave's Ice Bucket Challenge vid was over four minutes long. Good history lesson, though.

And what happened to Vinny's cat, I didn't get around to the show yet?

Got its leg caught something and ended up being amputated

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Daniel Bryan posted:

Not the best Dave Meltzer video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04OYuONWoj4

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Machine Gun's story about Harley Race on the new Talkin Shop is awesome

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
Glad to see that Big Dave is still buff

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

yeah he still occasionally mentions taking time to work out. honestly I'm amazed he has free time at all considering his workload.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Steve Austin's Cocaine Shame

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Cardboard Box posted:

yeah he still occasionally mentions taking time to work out. honestly I'm amazed he has free time at all considering his workload.

He talks about lifting while watching wrestling every now and then, sometimes in the context of *X segment was so boring I tuned out and started lifting weights*

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah he talks about watching Pro Wres while riding his bike a bit.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Swagger Dagger posted:

He talks about lifting while watching wrestling every now and then, sometimes in the context of *X segment was so boring I tuned out and started lifting weights*

Dave Meltzer

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Dave and Dana :rolleyes:

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Bryan's turn:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IX0kYE5jMg

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

This is the most Bryan thing ever.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i like that he took a flip bump

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Bryan rules.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

LordPants posted:

This is the most Bryan thing ever.

No, that was the bump into the kiddie pool when he had that crowdfunded match with Vinny.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

*alvarez voice* what a worker

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

he challenged Bob Backlund

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

oatgan posted:

he challenged Bob Backlund

Backlund dumps ice water on his head every morning in order to wake up.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The new 10 Count which will be up at some point Tuesday has 23 minutes of discussion on Paragon Wrestling. This is by far the best 23 minutes of 10 Count in ages.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I started listening to Steve Austin's podcast. Morale has improved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

epitasis posted:

*alvarez voice* what a worker

• Locked thread