Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CruzerZERO
May 8, 2007

Oh man, what a bummer

Thumbtacks posted:

Yeah, I found that out. From pls

The Powerstance MGS has hyper armor, I think, so in theory you won't be interrupted out of it.

My Raime cosplay has taught me how to correctly use an offhand greatsword and a mainhand fast sword (for authenticity). You basically use the main hand for poke and combo it with the greatsword. Two 1h swings and then anticipate the role with the UGS and usually you'll catch them at the end of the roll. Not sure the MGS is long enough for that, though.

Yeah I've caught quite a few people as they hit me after I started the powerstance jump but if they hit me before the windup finishes I get staggered. (I probably need more poise :v:)

Unfortunately it's not long enough but you can still catch people that didn't bother to roll away. Or try to roll towards you, I love the tracking on the MGS.

I'm still disappointed we didn't get the Karate moveset in this DLC, despite the regular fists usually working alot better. Here's hoping there are more cool weapons to obsess over in the third DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm hoping it's in the final DLC. A world in which I cannot shoot hadokens at hollows (without cheating) is a sad world indeed.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Recollection is insanely underwhelming. All of them hitting the same guy did less than one dark orb to the same guy. Closer range than dark orb too, with soul spear's wind-up.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

Recollection is insanely underwhelming. All of them hitting the same guy did less than one dark orb to the same guy. Closer range than dark orb too, with soul spear's wind-up.

It's a guaranteed stagger if it connects without blocking.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'm hoping it's in the final DLC. A world in which I cannot shoot hadokens at hollows (without cheating) is a sad world indeed.

They seem to have taken notice that people like weapons with unique, non-copypaste movesets when you consider things like Puzzle Sword, Sanctum Mace, Majestic Greatsword, Smelter Hammer, etc etc with all kinds of fun animations.

However the heihachi set does not feel very complete. Hopefully they will polish it if they do release it, and if it's not released I'm sort of ok with that too. Though if it was going to be in any DLC, it would have been this one because of the OIK's weeaboo factor.

Finally got the second part of my NG+3 playthrough up.

turtlecrunch fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Aug 29, 2014

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Is there a mechanical difference between when your stamina goes down so much that the difference is yellow and when it goes down without the yellow bit? Other than when it turns yellow it's a bigger drop, I guess.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

SHISHKABOB posted:

Is there a mechanical difference between when your stamina goes down so much that the difference is yellow and when it goes down without the yellow bit? Other than when it turns yellow it's a bigger drop, I guess.

I assume no, the yellow just emphasizes a larger drop in stamina with a visual representation, just so you can go "Oh poo poo, blocking that hit drained me"

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

turtlecrunch posted:

They seem to have taken notice that people like weapons with unique, non-copypaste movesets when you consider things like Puzzle Sword, Sanctum Mace, Majestic Greatsword, Smelter Hammer, etc etc with all kinds of fun animations.

However the heihachi set does not feel very complete. Hopefully they will polish it if they do release it, and if it's not released I'm sort of ok with that too. Though if it was going to be in any DLC, it would have been this one because of the OIK's weeaboo factor.

Finally got the second part of my NG+3 playthrough up.

OIK just liked katanas because of Alonne, there were no unarmed/fist weapon enemies in the Iron Keep.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
BUT

Heihachi is the King of Iron Fist

get it????????????????????????

CruzerZERO
May 8, 2007

Oh man, what a bummer

Manatee Cannon posted:

OIK just liked katanas because of Alonne, there were no unarmed/fist weapon enemies in the Iron Keep.

People were thinking it would be in this DLC because you can sometimes catch the Alonne Captains do an unarmed punch that looks similar to one of the punches in the martial arts moveset. I can't find a video for it but they rarely use it.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Anyone got advice/words of wisdom for rapier PVP beyond 'parry them, stoopid'? My attacks seem to be very easily avoided due to the angle of attack, and I can't seem to make any real progress. My occasional wins are barely that.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Thumbtacks posted:

It's a guaranteed stagger if it connects without blocking.

Do you mean it breaks their poise immediately or it sets them up immediately for a riposte like if they had run out of stamina? That's slightly less lovely then.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

Anyone got advice/words of wisdom for rapier PVP beyond 'parry them, stoopid'? My attacks seem to be very easily avoided due to the angle of attack, and I can't seem to make any real progress. My occasional wins are barely that.

Equip Old Leo Ring and get gud at counter hits.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

poptart_fairy posted:

Leo Ring
Ring of Blades
Flynn's Ring
Stone Ring too maybe? It's pretty OP right now. Anyway at least equip the Leo Ring if you're not already.
Don't attack first. Even if they're waiting for you to attack, don't.
Get good a backstep timing.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

What happens if you attack Nashandra while she's sitting on the throne in the castle?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Pretty much just disappears.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

Do you mean it breaks their poise immediately or it sets them up immediately for a riposte like if they had run out of stamina? That's slightly less lovely then.

It doesn't technically do either, they lose almost no stamina and they can roll away when they're done getting hit.

It's like getting hit by a lovely soul spear barrage. You can combo into it REALLY easily if you're fast but otherwise it does basically nothing.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Shindragon posted:

Pretty much just disappears.

Tried it. There's an invisible wall between the two of you. Nothing hits.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Thumbtacks posted:

It doesn't technically do either, they lose almost no stamina and they can roll away when they're done getting hit.

It's like getting hit by a lovely soul spear barrage. You can combo into it REALLY easily if you're fast but otherwise it does basically nothing.

Guess I'm sticking to dark orb then. At least the new pyromancies are cool.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
She supposedly had dialogue in the files but it's gone now? Laughed at you and went into her 'other' voice briefly, apparently.

Stokes posted:

Leo Ring
Ring of Blades
Flynn's Ring
Stone Ring too maybe? It's pretty OP right now. Anyway at least equip the Leo Ring if you're not already.
Don't attack first. Even if they're waiting for you to attack, don't.
Get good a backstep timing.

Got all those rings! Guess it's just me being too aggressive. I'll throw the ball in their court then.

Kinda hampering myself, really. Most of my PVP is done via summons and I can't bring myself to take advantage of surprise/camouflage/mobs, etc, unless I actually invade. I am the worst red phantom. :saddowns:

Chakron
Mar 11, 2009

The last door that opens to the Shaded Woods is stuck closed in my game. I can't pull either lever, nothing happens. This is on a no death no bonfire run that I'm doing pretty well on so I can't just warp between Bonfires. I've tried running a few areas away then coming back but it's still stuck. Has anyone encountered this?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

The Wonder Weapon posted:

Tried it. There's an invisible wall between the two of you. Nothing hits.

Really? They might of fixed that then. I mean it the arrows just go through her.

edit: Oh that last door? Yeah I think killing the enemies fixes it. (I mean the ones in the 2nd floor)

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

poptart_fairy posted:

Got all those rings! Guess it's just me being too aggressive. I'll throw the ball in their court then.

Kinda hampering myself, really. Most of my PVP is done via summons and I can't bring myself to take advantage of surprise/camouflage/mobs, etc, unless I actually invade. I am the worst red phantom. :saddowns:

Use the estoc instead and swap your leo ring for life ring +3 or 3rd dragon ring or something. The rapier's relative lack of length really lets it down, and once you're only looking at 120 counter damage the old leo ring isn't so tempting (plus the estoc 1hr1 is amazing and doesn't benefit from it).

Chakron
Mar 11, 2009

Shindragon posted:

Really? They might of fixed that then. I mean it the arrows just go through her.

edit: Oh that last door? Yeah I think killing the enemies fixes it. (I mean the ones in the 2nd floor)

I've killed every enemy in the area :(

If I run very far away, I believe they respawn and then I can try again?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Welp, I get a cracked eye orb on my dex dude, I decide to use it, first thing I encounter is a hacker using machine gun dark orbs. Cool. Also, the Lost Bastille's skybox is broken again.

nohopeindope
Aug 24, 2004
Got Oil?
I see an update for DS2. Has there been a patch?

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Chakron posted:

The last door that opens to the Shaded Woods is stuck closed in my game. I can't pull either lever, nothing happens. This is on a no death no bonfire run that I'm doing pretty well on so I can't just warp between Bonfires. I've tried running a few areas away then coming back but it's still stuck. Has anyone encountered this?

I ran into that once on my game. If quitting and reloading the game doesn't fix it, you're screwed I think :/ It required bonfire resets for me.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Chakron posted:

I've killed every enemy in the area :(

If I run very far away, I believe they respawn and then I can try again?

Does using a primal bonfire count against you in a no bonfires run? Pretty sure that respawns things.

Chakron
Mar 11, 2009

sushibandit posted:

Does using a primal bonfire count against you in a no bonfires run? Pretty sure that respawns things.

It does not count against you. Can you use a primal bonfire more than once? It sends you back to a (still unlit) Majula bonfire. I haven't checked if it respawns things but that could work.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Made a pvp video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hde5_qcM03s

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

RabidWeasel posted:

Use the estoc instead and swap your leo ring for life ring +3 or 3rd dragon ring or something. The rapier's relative lack of length really lets it down, and once you're only looking at 120 counter damage the old leo ring isn't so tempting (plus the estoc 1hr1 is amazing and doesn't benefit from it).

Wait, the Estoc doesn't get Leo damage?

And but I wanna do a dex buuuuuuuuild, Mom! But, agh, guess I can just infuse it or something to make the strength scaling redundant.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

nohopeindope posted:

I see an update for DS2. Has there been a patch?

There was one on Monday for the release of the second DLC. There hasn't been one today on PC, no clue about consoles.

poptart_fairy posted:

And but I wanna do a dex buuuuuuuuild, Mom! But, agh, guess I can just infuse it or something to make the strength scaling redundant.

Try something else, I'm having a great time with my first dex build. Powerstance Blacksteel katanas with Pate's Spear as a backup.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

Estoc doesn't get Leo bonus on its 1handed r2 since that does slashing, and leo only benefits thrust. And while the Estoc is quite nice, you're much better off with the rapiers with good counter bonuses, since counter hits are what rapiers are best at. So Rapier early on, Espada Ropera, or Ricard's Rapier.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Ok so I "finished" the game and saw the ending, can someone tell me why I did all the things I did.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

SHISHKABOB posted:

Ok so I "finished" the game and saw the ending, can someone tell me why I did all the things I did.

Because the nice lady who shared her Sunny D asked you too.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
You were really tired and just wanted to sit down.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

SHISHKABOB posted:

Bearer of the, Seek, Seek, Lest

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
You unlocked the only toilet in drangleic

Chakron
Mar 11, 2009

Chakron posted:

It does not count against you. Can you use a primal bonfire more than once? It sends you back to a (still unlit) Majula bonfire. I haven't checked if it respawns things but that could work.

For future searchers: this worked. Now time to go die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Something about dark.