Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

They need to stop making those stupid KotR boosts count as rares. I got like three in a row last night. I don't even care if I get lovely Tyson Kidd rares, at least I can use him to train other cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
kampeuteurs!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnxqG25r_io

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009

I always get nervous when the pre-release hype is centered ONLY around graphics and tech.

That being said, those are sick models and I got to see Cesaro do a backbreaker in a wet suit so… points for that?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
:laffo: Van Dam's face after the guy says "signature expressions." Yup, looks about right.

Nice to see they've put some effort into making the commentary as annoying as it is in reality, despite missing JBL.

"It's a completely different game" is clearly bullshit though, as can be seen in any of the footage people have nabbed of the demo at gamescom. It may be much prettier than before, but there's a clear reason why 2K haven't released any gameplay footage officially.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I like that they scanned in big johnny for, presumably, the MITB 2011 bit

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

What the gently caress is the deal with the Usos?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

They're not good

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Basic Chunnel posted:

They're not good

This guy gets it.

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!

Blasmeister posted:

I like that they scanned in big johnny for, presumably, the MITB 2011 bit

Personally, I hope to just have BIG JOHNNY drive out in his little motorized scooter.

Thinking back on it, Mr. Excitement himself, Big Johnny was loving great.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Well, at least we know Jimmy Hart's in the game.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

A Korean games ratings board had a 2K15 PC port listed for release at some point next year. Those types of leaks are pretty common.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

Hope it happens, I can only imagine what kind of mods could be made for it. I also fear what would show up on Nexus...

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

haven't they already announced the pc 2k15 will be feature-equivalent with the next-gen console versions

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh y'all were actually talking about wwe i thought it'd revolved around to nba talk again NEVER MIND MY BAD

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

They haven't announced anything about a PC port, to my knowledge. People simply assumed it would happen since 2K are typically diligent about their sports franchises getting PC versions. They usually announce PC versions alongside the console versions.

I agree that it's a very good thing if it does happen.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

epitasis posted:

haven't they already announced the pc 2k15 will be feature-equivalent with the next-gen console versions

I wasn't even aware that a PC 2K15 was ever announced.

Should :f5: more, sorry.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Is there some way to further increase the stats on pro cards? I've seen pro cards identical to the ones I have but with the stats significantly higher. Is the idea to train them with better cards? Or to train both non-pro versions of the cards to max before combining them?

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

AlmightyPants posted:

Or to train both non-pro versions of the cards to max before combining them?

Bingo. Max both original cards, then combine them. Then max that guy. He'll be topped out.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Chinook posted:

Bingo. Max both original cards, then combine them. Then max that guy. He'll be topped out.

Thanks! I don't think the in-game help mentions this anywhere.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Here's another one - are combined cards worth more xp than their constituent parts? Should I combine cards before using them for training?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

AlmightyPants posted:

Here's another one - are combined cards worth more xp than their constituent parts? Should I combine cards before using them for training?

Yes. You get about a 25% boost in xp by combining.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

AlmightyPants posted:

When at all possible, yes. Here's what I wonder: I have a Rare Ricky Steamboat that I trained to about Level 10 before he got pulled out of my exhibition deck and I stopped caring about him. If I hold onto him until I get another Rare Steamboat and make them Pro, will that Level 0 Pro Rare Steamboat give more or less experience than the Level 10 Rare Steamboat I have now?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The Goog posted:

When at all possible, yes. Here's what I wonder: I have a Rare Ricky Steamboat that I trained to about Level 10 before he got pulled out of my exhibition deck and I stopped caring about him. If I hold onto him until I get another Rare Steamboat and make them Pro, will that Level 0 Pro Rare Steamboat give more or less experience than the Level 10 Rare Steamboat I have now?

Yeah.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

The IGN making of video of 2K15 had mo-cap footage of Sami Zayn's flipping powerbomb and also showed a code string that said _ZAYN_ so pretty well confirmed that there will be NXT representation on the roster and an NXT part of career mode.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
I've hit a wall in SuperCard.
I'm in Ultra Rare++, and my team is four SR Pros, and a R Pro Diva. Everyone is maxed out. Now, I'm just idly tapping through exhibition matches farming KOTR consumables and praying for better Diva cards.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

I was in that same spot and almost quit. I switched out for 2 commons and dropped down to a low rank, then just won 2 out of 3 to win a bunch of picks without thinking, then put my real team back and used all the picks.

On android it's easy, you just hit the back button on the pick screen to avoid picking. On iOS you just hit the bottom right area to buy cards, say "Yes", and then hit the home button to go back to the title screen. Repeat until you have 50 picks.

This might not help you as much because you are winning all the time, but I was in Epic (barely) and dropped down to UR+ and it made a big difference.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Chinook posted:

I was in that same spot and almost quit. I switched out for 2 commons and dropped down to a low rank, then just won 2 out of 3 to win a bunch of picks without thinking, then put my real team back and used all the picks.

On android it's easy, you just hit the back button on the pick screen to avoid picking. On iOS you just hit the bottom right area to buy cards, say "Yes", and then hit the home button to go back to the title screen. Repeat until you have 50 picks.

This might not help you as much because you are winning all the time, but I was in Epic (barely) and dropped down to UR+ and it made a big difference.

This feels like an exploit somehow, but clearing the board until it resets has got to feel good.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

smashpro1 posted:

I'm in Ultra Rare++, and my team is four SR Pros, and a R Pro Diva. Everyone is maxed out. Now, I'm just idly tapping through exhibition matches farming KOTR consumables and praying for better Diva cards.

This is where I got to recently. The only real way out is making a KotR finals and making a UR pro, which will get you into epic easily. From there, hope you get an epic drop that's worth it (I have a feeling that as soon as you make it to the next unique card type tier you should get one of them on your next exhibition rare board)

My team is now SR maxed pro Andre, big show, Vince, UR max pro HBK, UR Naomi and an epic Second wind (+19 all stats :eyepop:)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm pretty sure it specifically says in the app somewhere that when you reach a new rarity tier your first rare drop is guaranteed to be from that tier. Of course, my free UR was a support card so you can still get screwed.

It's realy hard to muster up a bunch of effort to make my deck better when half of my board resetters are kotr boosts though, so I am definitely getting to the burnout stage.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

smashpro1 posted:

A deck that is all maxed SR Pros (including a max SR Pro Diva) will be enough to get you into the Epic tier. You need to get lucky enough to either grind out two of the same SR Diva cards or win a Diva pair from a SR tier KOTR finals matchup.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Phenix Rising posted:

Is the IGN First feature always as lousy as it was this month? I feel like there was almost zero information about 2K15 when it was supposed to be their big thing this entire month.

PAX Prime is this weekend, so I'm guessing there will be some new info.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

In Supercard, how long is it exactly between the beginning of two matches? I want to guess it's 59 minutes, because the matches are three 3-minute rounds, and there seems to be 50 minutes between them. Is that right? I want to be able to say, "Oh, it's the top of the hour, I should check", at times, but I don't think that'll work if it's going back a minute every hour..

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
It's an hour. 9 minute matches, 51 minutes in between.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
So the qualifying round is 45 hours in total?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

How exactly does one book a tournament in TEW? Do you simply keep track on pen & paper or is there some mechanic involved?

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Mayostard posted:

So the qualifying round is 45 hours in total?

Yes, apparently. So try not to start a KOTR first thing when you wake up, since the bracket will start (if you qualify) right in the middle of the night, and you'll wake up a big loser. I've done this more than I haven't.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Well I hope we get it and I hope it's on par with everything on the consoles.

Then we bring on the mods. :getin:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

If it does happen, and mods also happen, I eagerly await NJPW 2k15.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Skunkrocker posted:

Well I hope we get it and I hope it's on par with everything on the consoles.

Then we bring on the mods. :getin:

I hope so too, plus the addendum that I hope we can do custom music/entrance videos and maybe even have more than 100 CAWs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

If it does happen, and mods also happen, I eagerly await NJPW 2k15.
And do Goon Championship Wrestling gimmicks justice.