Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Meme Emulator posted:

It better be, If I dont get Iggy before the 3 month break Im gonna flip

I've already had a couple false alarms where I went "okay, this is the episode where Iggy shows up" before realizing I was conflating the order of the manga and the OVA or just generally confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I like how the submarine has "4U" on it. :allears:

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
high prietess is going to be dragged out by lots of shots of capcom fighting game midler, maybe it'll end on the reveal of iggy in the car

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I like how the submarine has "4U" on it. :allears:

Is there something special about 4U?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
HAIL 4 U

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
U 2?

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
It would have been neat if Ghiaccio summoned a hailstorm while saying this phrase. Would have made for a nice contrast, considering fire vs. ice and all that.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I really don't see how the hell they'll stretch The High Priestess out to two episodes without it dragging as all hell. In the manga it was like four chapters or something and IIRC that last bit in the last episode with the sub was part of the first High Priestess chapter. Honestly that doesn't seem like enough material for two episodes.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

darealkooky posted:

high prietess is going to be dragged out by lots of shots of capcom fighting game midler

And an early appearance by Suzie Q from all indication.

I wonder if they'll have her show up in DIU as well.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

And an early appearance by Suzie Q from all indication.

I wonder if they'll have her show up in DIU as well.

Thats the second Suzie Q ref ive seen, was she in the preview? I totally missed her if she was. She shouldnt show up until, what, after Horus?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

In the preview you can hear a woman talking excitedly about miscellaneous trivial things before referring to Joseph by name. Given how Suzie Q behaves later on in Stardust Crusaders, it's pretty much a sure bet that it's her.

And yes, she shows up sometime shortly before they enter DIO's manor in the manga.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

I really don't see how the hell they'll stretch The High Priestess out to two episodes without it dragging as all hell. In the manga it was like four chapters or something and IIRC that last bit in the last episode with the sub was part of the first High Priestess chapter. Honestly that doesn't seem like enough material for two episodes.

I'm hoping for some neat filler.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'm pretty sure that's Midler, she trashtalks the gang like that in the manga.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The exact lines in the preview are "How about this glistening design?" "Perhaps a refreshing white would be best." "I just don't know which one to pick." "Hello? Oh, is that you, Joseph?"

It sounds like Suzie Q while she's shopping, but I don't remember too much of Midler aside from her crush on Jotaro.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
You're right, I didn't remember the preview's lines.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Yeah two episodes for High Priestess sounds really weird even with filler, I remember it being about as long as Wheel of Fortune in the manga. It's pretty lame if they're not gonna end the first half of Part 3 with N'Doul, it feels like such a perfect cutoff point to generate hype for Iggy, Dio and the Egyptian god Stands among the anime-only crowd.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

FirstAidKite posted:

Is there something special about 4U?
There is a great power to "Four."

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Star Platinum posted:

Yeah two episodes for High Priestess sounds really weird even with filler, I remember it being about as long as Wheel of Fortune in the manga.

Yeah, it was the same length. High Priestess was a four chapter fight.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I was also hoping that High Priestess would take one episode and next episode could introduce Iggy and N'Doul and end with Kakyoin getting his eyes obliterated, but oh well. The Suzie Q stuff with Holly is pretty cute if I recall correctly so should be good.

I just wanna see gross realistic dog Iggy at the end of the episode.

E: I forget, does Avdol actually do anything until DIO's manor? I don't remember him fighting any Egyptian God Stand except for his and Joseph Bast affair? At least when Kakyoin comes back, he loses at video games and gets gut punched.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Aug 29, 2014

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

That'd be a pretty big cliffhanger to leave people on for three months, especially since Kakyoin survives that.

Avdol, in fact, does not participate in any more battles aside from Bast's. Unless you count Kenny G. :v:

And technically, Hol Horse and Oingo's fight as well.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Aug 29, 2014

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The tradeoff of getting Avdol and Iggy and then losing Kakyoin was weird. I guess Araki wanted somebody out

I remembered Kenny G, that's where Avdol uses his LIFE SENSING FLAME and then gets chumped by Vanilla Ice. I always forget Hol Horse and Boingo because that fight is just silly. First time I read the orginal Oingo Boingo fight, I was slightly buzzed and man I could not stop giggling

Let's see who can eat these oranges the fastest and put the most cigerates in their mouth

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Aug 30, 2014

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I'm so goddamn excited for Oingo and Boingo you have no idea.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

they made middler sound kind of old

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Moltrey posted:

Let's see who can eat these oranges the fastest and put the most cigerates in their mouth
That's gonna get censored to hell and back, won't it?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Nessus posted:

That's gonna get censored to hell and back, won't it?

Oingo's over 18, isn't he?

I'm more concerned with how they're gonna censor his name on his shirt.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

HFIL

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Dan of Elfman.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Oh, hey, you guys were talking about there not being a decent part five translation a while back. There's one on batoto that seems pretty alright so far, if anyone else wants to check it out.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DicktheCat posted:

Oh, hey, you guys were talking about there not being a decent part five translation a while back. There's one on batoto that seems pretty alright so far, if anyone else wants to check it out.

That's exactly how that terrible translation fools you.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!
Do I really have to update the OP to let you all dorks know that there will never be a good Part 5 translation.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

DicktheCat posted:

It's not terrible because of bad grammar, it's terrible because it makes stuff up when it's too lazy to actually translate things.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Is the translated colored version of Part 5 on Batoto new or did they just copy/paste the bad translation onto the colored pages?

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

RubberLuffy posted:

Is the translated colored version of Part 5 on Batoto new or did they just copy/paste the bad translation onto the colored pages?

Unfinished translation by jojo project. No one should bother with those colored scans because they'll likely switch to the poo poo translation after volume 49.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
"I'm surprised Avdol came back to life since in Japanese comics characters that die tend to stay dead forever"

Laughin cause JoJo pretty much does this once an arc.

Phantom Blood: Dio
Battle Tendency: Stroheim
Stardust Crusaders: Avdol
Diamond Is Not Crash: Okuyasu
Vento Aureo: Bruno
Stone Ocean: I can't actually think of anyone here who dies and then comes back to life as a plot point. Maybe Jotaro if you want to stretch death to include being a vegetable.
Steel Ball Run: Diego

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

Stone Ocean: I can't actually think of anyone here who dies and then comes back to life as a plot point. Maybe Jotaro if you want to stretch death to include being a vegetable.

F.F. dies for a little bit I think, doesn't she?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

FirstAidKite posted:

I don't even remember how this was explained. I'm gonna just believe Tonio's food made Okuyasu healthy enough to withstand explosions.

Also, Part 6 does it for a whole fight if you count Limp Bizkit, the one who lurks in the dark, with the ability to create invisible zombies.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Moltrey posted:

I don't even remember how this was explained. I'm gonna just believe Tonio's food made Okuyasu healthy enough to withstand explosions.

Okuyasu was too dumb to die that's why

Aurora posted:

F.F. dies for a little bit I think, doesn't she?

I thought the deal was that F.F. was pretty much dying and could have saved herself by sacrificing Anasui but ended up saving Anasui instead and letting herself die?

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
That one prisoner with the invisible zombie monsters stand died and became an invisible zombie monster.

Also Okuyasu's brother told him to go back because it wasn't his time~

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Really, you could put the entire character list on here. Koichi, Okuyasu, and Rohan pretty much die twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Moltrey posted:

okayasu got exploded so loving hard his soul just assumed it was over and didnt even wait to actually die before going to the afterlife

• Locked thread