Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wei
Jul 27, 2006

Blasmeister posted:

Yeah this is exactly what happened to me. I don't know how they manage to keep loving up their game in new and exciting ways, and I really hope that hotfix wasn't the last thing pushed out on the way out the door before they left for the holiday weekend

[–]PS2 Creative Director las0m [score hidden] 11 minutes ago
We are working for a fix right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Blazing Zero posted:

So anytime I press W + left click while holding shift, I just run forever and it is only fixed by redeploying. :soe:

W + shift + F or G or L click causes it. There are probably more cases too but those are the ones I've found.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Blasmeister posted:

Yeah this is exactly what happened to me. I don't know how they manage to keep loving up their game in new and exciting ways, and I really hope that hotfix wasn't the last thing pushed out on the way out the door before they left for the holiday weekend

This patch was where they merged in the PS4 and PC teams' work together. Basically PS2's dev team just doubled. They found a way to make sure both teams work on the game, then have a way to easily build the PS4 version from that. That's why so much UI poo poo is broken in particular.

I thought SOE learned from Superbowl weekend last year when they had to come in during the Superbowl to fix a bad game update... 02 I think? Friday patches are only ever pain. :(

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Nakar posted:

I'm realizing the Repeater's ADS is grossly underrated as it's far, far more accurate than I think people realize it is. Click fast enough and it's half an Armistice magazine, straight up. Also warming up to the T1S Cycler a lot; 143/698 is a pretty respectable and controllable fire rate on guns that aren't a piece of poo poo, it turns out.

I'm about 200 from the Aurax on it and I've been loving it since I started. 2x, comp, grip, and SPA is wonderful. Sometimes I'll swap to smoke launcher + HSNV to be a huge shitlord, or UBSG if I want to sneak and gank people in hilarious ways.
I really like 143/698.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

I played for about 20 minutes and I was able to kill 2 valkeries, one with NS-11c and another with the auto-shotgun, before I ragequit from the sprinting bug.

I guess this pretty much sums up this patch.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Nakar posted:

I'm realizing the Repeater's ADS is grossly underrated as it's far, far more accurate than I think people realize it is. Click fast enough and it's half an Armistice magazine, straight up. Also warming up to the T1S Cycler a lot; 143/698 is a pretty respectable and controllable fire rate on guns that aren't a piece of poo poo, it turns out.

You know, I gave the T1S a lot of poo poo for not being a T1. Then I realized that it's a more accurate CARV-S, which I absolutely adore. I need to stop loving around with the TRAP and finish the T1, then do the T1S.

Being a cloaking rear end in a top hat with a Gauss SAW burst is so much fun though :smith:

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
Are most of the people here playing on Briggs in the NC or should I look at TR/VS? I've been dicking about for a week now and the NC seem to get their asses kicked here a fair bit!

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

o muerte posted:

You know, I gave the T1S a lot of poo poo for not being a T1. Then I realized that it's a more accurate CARV-S, which I absolutely adore. I need to stop loving around with the TRAP and finish the T1, then do the T1S.
The T1S is definitely not a gun designed to brap guys down in a flash like the T1/TORQ/TRV. It's a more laid-back, shots-on-target kind of gun (plus SPA/Compensator access, something the T1 sorely misses though the TORQ does have it). But it doesn't trade all the way down to 652 RPM for that privilege, retaining the average DPS of something like the Pulsar while being way better than the Pulsar is. Slightly quicker short reload than the T1 as well, but a longer long reload for... whatever reason; not that it matters, you'll never lose control of the T1S enough to miss the short reload.

Like Trees said go 2x/Comp/Grip/SPA and it'll never do you wrong. Ignore the underbarrels unless you want to do smoke shittery or something, just treat it like a regular gun. I think it's the only 143/698 gun other than the SVA-88/CARV-S with unangled recoil, it has one of the lowest FSRMs (plus a Comp to make it even lower) and one of the lowest tolerances. It's probably outshone by the TORQ but it's vastly less wasteful of ammo than the TORQ is, and you get the better 143/40 DPM. It even has the least lovely TR ironsights (NOTE: I didn't say good).

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older
Aug 30
Daily sale: Esamir Snow Camo
Members sale: HC1 Cougar / AF-4A Bandit / Zenith VX-5

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Fierce Brosnan posted:

Aug 30

Please keep doing this, it owns.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Luceid posted:

Are most of the people here playing on Briggs in the NC or should I look at TR/VS? I've been dicking about for a week now and the NC seem to get their asses kicked here a fair bit!

There's not really that many goons active on Briggs, not that there many to begin with. There used to be a few on NC that logged on for welfare certs but no longer. Rougey and the VS outfit nGAB are fairly goony, though. NC are not very good, partly because they were the most recent side people stacked and attracted newbies to ghostcapping, VS and TR have gotten back their numbers since the release of hossin so you can opt to run with any faction.

If you can handle the ping, connery might be a better place since while every faction is wildly incompetent, there are a lot of players to shoot in the face 24/7. Auraxing weapons takes a while on Briggs unless you go turbo tryhard. :smith:

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

So VS directive weapons are the bees knees now what with heat mechanics and whatnot?

Where's these patch notes? JK, found them :downs:

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

Fierce Brosnan posted:

Aug 30

I take it the Cougar holds to the standard carbine logic of rocking 2x, HVA, Comp and grip?

Uggggg....only 35 rounds in a clip though, buff that thing will you SOE.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Ugh. I used to be able to run this game on high graphics. Then about a month ago I had to drop it down to medium. Now I'm still getting some horrible chugging, both on CPU and GPU according to the frame counter, after this last patch. It was great this morning, silky smooth, then came the horrible unplayable lag for everyone, then game the running bug, and now I get horrible unplayable lag every time I look at someone, i.e when shooting them. :negative:

What are a good set of system-light specs for PS2 these days?

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

So I just realized the TRAP has access to 1x - 6x scopes while the phaseshift and railjack only have the 6x - 12x. What. The. gently caress. :soe:

Seriously I would loving kill to have 1x - 4x on my phaseshift.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

They broke the minimap. My motion dongs, useless!

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Trip report on heat weapons,

Battlegoose: only scrubs use batteries but beware you have a loving 30 round clip you'd better get loving head shots!
SolsticeA: wait till a real gun gets the heat mechanic this is so loving terrible.

Hit detection has gotten to new levels of terrible, full bursts not even hitting and a near constant mutual death unless hes not shooting at you. The hilight of the night was me hosing down a friendly with 13 rounds from the solstice A and not a single round hitting him.

Munitions belt HA with nemesis was loving wonderful--shot down willterry but he bailed at the last second. Watched as valks got killed one after another because holy poo poo literal cert pinatas--you look at them and they explode.

Also invuln bug is back? seriously :soe:

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Pand posted:

They broke the minimap. My motion dongs, useless!

They did something with it. I noticed that my crossbow detector darts weren't working at all.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Ass_Burgerer posted:

They did something with it. I noticed that my crossbow detector darts weren't working at all.

Yeah, it seems random what shows up and what doesn't. Sometimes I can't see my own sensor dongs and every enemy it tracks. Sometimes I cannot even see friendly units. It's like I'm playing blind.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Dumb ideas for empire-specific ammo types:

NC:
-Piercing Flechettes: Shots that don't hit a shield will pass through enemies. Increased recoil.
-Flak Flechettes: Fires three miniature shots in a tight spread instead of one shot. Total damage of all three shots hitting is higher than single round.

VS:
-Cooldown Battery: Replaces reloading with a cooldown mechanism. Already present on the Betelguese (I think, one of the Auraxium VS guns).
-Heat Recycling Battery: Recycles heat from rapid fire shots to use as weapon energy. Every fourth shot during rapid fire is free. Slightly lower projectile velocity, shorter maximum and minimum damage thresholds.

TR:
-Overdrive Bullets: Bullets designed to fire cooler, allowing for a faster RPM. Slightly lower minimum and maximum damage thresholds, lower projectile velocity.
-Lightweight Bullets: Bullets have a faster velocity and magazines reload faster. Lower minimum and maximum damage thresholds.

NS (available only on NS weapons):
-Disruptor Ammo: Increased shield damage, can penetrate gate shields and Amp Station/Tech Plant shields (NOT spawn shields). Lower minimum damage threshold.
-Armor-Piercing Ammo: Increased damage to light vehicles and MAXes (flash/harasser/ESF/valkyrie), bullets can now damage heavy armor. Higher recoil, longer reload.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
NS:
-Suppression Ammo: Brief bursts of concussion effects on hit for far lower damage. 1/2 damage because everyone would want to use it.
Clear Vision/Battle Hardened ignore adverse effects.

wei
Jul 27, 2006

Delacroix posted:

There's not really that many goons active on Briggs, not that there many to begin with. There used to be a few on NC that logged on for welfare certs but no longer. Rougey and the VS outfit nGAB are fairly goony, though. NC are not very good, partly because they were the most recent side people stacked and attracted newbies to ghostcapping, VS and TR have gotten back their numbers since the release of hossin so you can opt to run with any faction.

If you can handle the ping, connery might be a better place since while every faction is wildly incompetent, there are a lot of players to shoot in the face 24/7. Auraxing weapons takes a while on Briggs unless you go turbo tryhard. :smith:

It's interesting how faction balance has shifted a few times over Briggs's life. What are the worst zergfits on each faction? My smurf characters need homes and I want to make people mad that a random zergfit pubby with a pink gun is on their death screen.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Ass_Burgerer posted:

So I just realized the TRAP has access to 1x - 6x scopes while the phaseshift and railjack only have the 6x - 12x. What. The. gently caress. :soe:

Seriously I would loving kill to have 1x - 4x on my phaseshift.

The TRAP is *not* a sniper rifle, that's why it has access to 1-4x scopes. It's more like a cross between a Gauss SAW burst and a SABR. You will get straight-dunked if you try using it like you would the Phaseshift, it takes the place of a semi-auto scout rifle. I'm honestly confused why they included it in the Sniper Rifle category at all, it really should be a scout rifle.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Edit: nevermind

novaSphere fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Aug 30, 2014

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Erata posted:

NS:
-Suppression Ammo: Brief bursts of concussion effects on hit for far lower damage. 1/2 damage because everyone would want to use it.
Clear Vision/Battle Hardened ignore adverse effects.

The TR and VS already had this at release at it was awful

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?
I ended up going 27:4 KDR after an hour today it was just spooky since I'm working on my NS-11C.

Also, running into a room and throwing a proximity mine into a group of people is both fun and rewarding.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Epic High Five posted:

The TR and VS already had this at release at it was awful

Yeah! I remember from when I used to main NC. That's why I was qualifying it with a severe damage nerf and giving counters via very common implants(Battle Hardened).

edit: Actually, now that I think about it, it would probably end up being a massive buff to TR weapons with their huge magazines, so uh. Nevermind haha.

Erata fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Aug 30, 2014

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
TR benefitted from flinch a lot more than anyone else since they not only had ridiculously high RPM guns, they also had bigger mags than anyone else!

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Fierce Brosnan posted:

Aug 30

Vargs posted:

Please keep doing this, it owns.

Seriously, I might have missed the lancer without your post. You own.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Judging by all of the complaining here and on the official forums about all of the bugs SOE inadvertently introduced with this latest update, it seems like waiting a couple days before playing the game after the update was a good idea on my part.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Honestly, other than the pinging circles from my recon darts not showing up (but otherwise working fine), I haven't seen anything out of the norm. But then again, you might be the special case where the game erases your C drive.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Got my first roadkill with the Valkyrie. I was a burster max shooting an enemy Valk. I guess I damaged a guy in the rumble seat, he bailed and was hit by his own plane. :shrug: Not complaining because certs are certs. Its too bad they can't rig up the rumble seats with engineer AI turrets with shields or something.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Has anyone tried loading a Valk with 4 Annihilator heavies? That seems like it could be a huge nuisance.

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

Hajj Podge posted:

Judging by all of the complaining here and on the official forums about all of the bugs SOE inadvertently introduced with this latest update, it seems like waiting a couple days before playing the game after the update was a good idea on my part.

It seems like they reintroduced a lot of their old code, and with it, a lot of the old bugs.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

sitchelin posted:

Has anyone tried loading a Valk with 4 Annihilator heavies? That seems like it could be a huge nuisance.

People already have a hard enough time trying to use G2A launchers, and the annihilator has a longer lock time.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

sitchelin posted:

I'm sure a lot of the valkyries I've killed these past couple days have been trying to do something like that. Generally speaking though, remaining relatively motionless long enough for someone to get a lock is not a great idea when you have only 2x the durability of an ESF but are worth like 6x the certs.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

People already have a hard enough time trying to use G2A launchers, and the annihilator has a longer lock time.

Flak just eats you alive in the rumble seats even with Flak armor. They're pretty much useless.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Valks need a lot of help - rumble seat shields, no small arms damage, and then a flat HP boost on top of that. They also desperately need to fix the turret stability on the nosegun and make it report its actual heading and fix thermal sights.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

My favorite part of the Valk is that every single time someone tries to figure out how to make it useful, it just proves that it's useless. Mobile launcher platform? Nope. Rapid mine deployment? Nope. Transport? Nope. Gunship? Nope. Taxi? Nope. Kamikaze? Nope.

It exists solely to be the butt of jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
So uh, they may or may not have reintroduced a famous old hex crash bug. :stare:

• Locked thread