Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Fart Pipe posted:

Love the tank doing rallycross, haha.

Yeah that must've been even more fun on the inside! Sadly they didn't want to let me in with a miata. After participating in whatever planned activities most vehicles got to make a few laps around and this guy definitely made the most of it (engine and transmission upgraded from the old soviet crap apparently), as did this loud motherfucker:

(light photoshopping here to remove some stupid heads)
Edit: According to Wikipedia, Donetsk People's Republic captured 4 of these... but Ukraine still has 99 :stare:

Look at the little house the missile got :3:

Homelessness is a serious problem in the missile community

They didn't really pain them safety orange, did they?

Still not as bad as my last flight with Delta :rimshot:

It's no Bagger 288 but would be good enough for my trench building purposes.

Was actually parked in the wild there and not a museum piece.

I.. ugh might have some more, and I shot like 1/10 of the museum exhibits.

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Aug 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Cakefool posted:

Got a link or more pics of this one? I'm a sucker for a good looking coe

All I've got :(

1939 ford coe supercharged sbc

If I had buku bux and a lot of free time one of these would be on my project list for my live-in aircraft hangar. :v:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Can anyone qualify why I hate stanced cars but love bagged trucks?

There essentially the same bull poo poo when I think about it.

AI seems to jerk it furiously whenever a truck throws sparks from its frame, but then laughs whenever a golf driver has to build a ramp for their driveway.

I'm not defending the stance scene, I'm just wondering what makes one vehicle losing all its usability better than another.

I personally wouldn't want a fully slammed truck, but one that could go over speed bumps.... oh my.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I think it's partially down to the fact that the trucks are bagged, so they CAN lift up and drive over normal roads and actually be used for poo poo, but are also completely nuts. Stanced cars are generally on fixed suspension and therefor useless 100% of the time. Also I think it's partially because stancing is often done to cars which would have decent sporting credentials or at least be fun to drive before some idiot ruined them for the sake of appearances. A bagged dually wouldn't be fun on a track even if it wasn't bagged, so who cares?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I have a dumb love for older BMW sedans with flares and wide wheels.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Lowered anything looks cool. Its the stupid camber and broken suspension look that I hate, personally.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

A bagged dually wouldn't be fun on a track even if it wasn't bagged, so who cares?

Can someone lend me a dually and a track please? I need to check this.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I have 2 duallys, I can assure you they are not fun to drive.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Cakefool posted:

Can someone lend me a dually and a track please? I need to check this.

Huge trucks are hilariously fun to take corners with imo. I dont think youd have the best lap times but you would be out right laughing the entire way around the track.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

A bagged dually wouldn't be fun on a track even if it wasn't bagged, so who cares?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II3z353OZWA

Well someone has certainly never seen the Roadkill ramp truck tackle an autocross course :colbert:

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

Fart Pipe posted:

Lowered anything looks cool. Its the stupid camber and broken suspension look that I hate, personally.

Yuuuuup.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

One of my trucks is pretty much the 86 version of the ramp truck but with a dump bed and I was laughing so hard at how it locked up the front brakes instantly and skidded forever. Mine does the exact same thing.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I think it's also the fact that a slammed dually just looks, and is, so loving absurd that you almost have to love it.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

The rule is usually 'never go full retard' but stuff like trucks scraping and those obscene slammed neon Lambos somehow don't apply to the rule...

In these cases full retard just makes them cooler.

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream

I don't see as much of these beauties these days as I used to...

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

T1g4h posted:

Well someone has certainly never seen the Roadkill ramp truck tackle an autocross course :colbert:

Alright, I have seen that, and you've got me there, but I think my point is still valid. Nobody's going to complain that someone ruined a dually by bagging it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

A3th3r posted:

I don't see as much of these beauties these days as I used to...

Hulk Hogan's son keeps destroying them.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Hulk Hogan's son keeps destroying them.

Hogaaaaaaaaan :arghfist::monocle:

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005
Some of our customers will leave their keys with us to have their vehicles driven to their plane. The other day, one of them left the keys to this:

:awesome:

Forum Hussy fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Aug 31, 2014

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Forum Hussy posted:

Some of our customers will leave their keys with us to have their vehicles driven to their plane. The other day, one of them left the keys to this:

:awesome:

KHND?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

88h88 posted:

The rule is usually 'never go full retard' but stuff like trucks scraping and those obscene slammed neon Lambos somehow don't apply to the rule...

In these cases full retard just makes them cooler.

I think the mistake is in thinking full retard is the end of the scale. It's actually just a notable point, like 0 on the y-axis.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Cakefool posted:

I think the mistake is in thinking full retard is the end of the scale. It's actually just a notable point, like 0 on the y-axis.

Full retard is the name that I use for infinity when relating to anything. When I say I went full retard at work, it means that I worked the peak of efficiency until I lost my poo poo mentally/physically and further continued until I broke emotionally, then continued as an empty shell until the night ended. At some point between breaking mentally/physically and emotionally I added 4-10 shots of alcohol to the equation, exceeded my 'natural' limits, went further than I have before, finished the night, and got pretty hosed up. Then I slept for 6 hours. Repeat. 5-7 nights a week.

Bartender life.

edit: That's my life tonight. And for the past two years.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Aug 31, 2014

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005

Think less gambling and more country music.

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream

Guarantee you nobody can top a rear-engine, de-rear-bumpered 911s 'White Hammer'.. Dang I love that classic Porsche shape

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I will never get tired of the crazy modified GT2 wings :allears:

I'm a huge sucker for RWB stuff personally.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

KozmoNaut posted:

The Camry is a grandpa-mobile that wallows, handles badly and is no fun to drive, right?

Right?

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2013/05/review-toyota-camry-se-2-5l-track-tested/

Wrong.

I am a firm believer that there is no greater joy in life than to thrash around family cars in ways they were never meant to be used.

Grassroots Motorsports tried to make a race '99 Camry V6 (MTX!) but they destroyed two motors due to oil starvation. I think they gave up after that.

edit:
http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/project-cars/1999-toyota-camry/camry-really/

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

BlackMK4 posted:

Building a bagged dually is retarded expensive.

Empty quote this forever. HOLY gently caress.
:stare:

swampnutz
Oct 30, 2005

Seen at a flea market today. I wanted it pretty badly.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

swampnutz posted:

Seen at a flea market today. I wanted it pretty badly.

Are you in Wisconsin? Cuz if you aren't, there's an identical looking one for sale the next town over.

swampnutz
Oct 30, 2005

Too true. This was in MI.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

I know many of you will disagree in which thread this picture belongs, but I say it belongs right here :colbert:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Panty Saluter posted:

I know many of you will disagree in which thread this picture belongs, but I say it belongs right here :colbert:

It rather firmly belongs in both. :psyduck:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Panty Saluter posted:

Most people would caption this as "Who needs a pickup truck?", But I'm gonna go with "Who needs a camper van?"

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That has to be some kind of prank/dare fueled by alcohol.

Surely anyone who can afford a Lamborghini would just pay to have a mattress delivered?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Or maybe they can't, because they bought a Lamborghini.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Note the lack of plastic, that's an old bed. Clearly they're just trying to set it on fire so they don't have to take it to the dump.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

xzzy posted:

Surely anyone who can afford a Lamborghini would just pay to have a mattress delivered?
Jay Leno's story is that he bought a Christmas tree one year, and they wanted to charge him $25 for delivery. So he bought a Syclone.

ehnus
Apr 16, 2003

Now you're thinking with portals!

Panty Saluter posted:

Someone's taking "You can sleep in a car but you can't race your house" to the next level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
stolen from IRC:

If you are going to crash, do it right.