Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

blah_blah posted:

There are no real subs for LW, you need to build it on all ADCs eventually.

Some like Quinn and Urgot can pick up a Black Cleaver instead, but neither of them are "standard" ADs, faring much better in solo lanes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

a medical mystery posted:

Some like Quinn and Urgot can pick up a Black Cleaver instead, but neither of them are "standard" ADs, faring much better in solo lanes.

On Urgot you always want a LW in addition to a Brutalizer item. He might actually get more out of armor pen than any other ranged AD champion.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
About half of the Kayle builds on probuilds still get Hurricane so I don't think you should poo poo on Hurricane for Kayle. You should just poo poo on Hurricane for every other champion in the game.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

Previous Jesus posted:

About half of the Kayle builds on probuilds still get Hurricane so I don't think you should poo poo on Hurricane for Kayle. You should just poo poo on Hurricane for every other champion in the game.

This reminds me of a question i wanted to ask, does vaynes rings, varus quiver and teemo's poison apply to all 3 projectiles on the 'cane?

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
No, yes, yes.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

itsjustdrew posted:

This reminds me of a question i wanted to ask, does vaynes rings, varus quiver and teemo's poison apply to all 3 projectiles on the 'cane?

Vayne's silver bolts actually had to have a hardcoded exception for hurricane, because if it didn't it would never proc on anyone because every bolt would reset which target had the stacks. It only applies to the main target.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Vayne's silver bolts actually had to have a hardcoded exception for hurricane, because if it didn't it would never proc on anyone because every bolt would reset which target had the stacks. It only applies to the main target.

Derp, I forgot about that, thank you! Can you build it on gnar? that would be interesting.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

itsjustdrew posted:

Derp, I forgot about that, thank you! Can you build it on gnar? that would be interesting.

I mean, you can, but why would you.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

itsjustdrew posted:

You can, it would make hyper stack on all three targets, but it would do nothing when you were in mega so it would be a terrible item choice.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Bland posted:

What's a Yorick

Yorick is like a hole in the fabric of spacetime sucking all of the fun out of top lane. Unless you enjoy the satisfaction of utterly crushing people there is no joy to be found in Yorick for anyone on either team.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

One time my friend and I 2v3d on TT as Yorick and Teemo after our third guy ragequit and it was amazing.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Are you guys playing Yorick like a full tank or something? Yorick is really fun if you actually build some offense and shovel people to death. I like picking him if I get a Vayne or Tristana on my team.

Droxis
Dec 24, 2004

"The only thing peace accomplished was stagnation."

Annnnd the DDOS has begun. Cool way to poop on my one day off of the week. :v:

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I've never played him, he looks horrible but I guess inverted composer is good at him!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Droxis posted:

Yup. I wish DDoS attacks constituted as terrorism and we could send these 17 year old fucks who do it for "lulz xD" to Guantanamo Bay or something.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Droxis posted:

There has to be something better these people can do with their time.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

JuniperCake posted:

There has to be something better these people can do with their time.

posting on an internet forum about how the servers are down

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The servers came back up for a couple minutes because I never left from the game while trying to reconnect, ended up just pushing down mid with MF and winning a free game

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Flameingblack posted:

Yup. I wish DDoS attacks constituted as terrorism and we could send these 17 year old fucks who do it for "lulz xD" to Guantanamo Bay or something.

This seems a little extreme.

Have you considered going outside?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Flameingblack posted:

lol

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Angry Walrus posted:

There is probably some kind of Federal offense here for blocking a business's operations in some way. What they are doing is most definitely incredibly illegal and will probably net someone who gets caught jail time.

Flameingblack posted:

:laffo:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Angry Walrus posted:

It's a joke. I don't really want to waterboard lovely teenagers, I'm sorry goons take everything on the internet seriously.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Flameingblack posted:

holy poo poo lmao

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Flameingblack posted:

It's a joke. I don't really want to waterboard lovely teenagers, I'm sorry goons take everything on the internet seriously.

uhhhhuh.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
loving goons mocking my bad posts while I'm trying to backtrack. They should send you all to Guantanamo Bay.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Isn't catching the people doing it generally the problem anyway? It's already a relatively serious crime if you get caught, just because of the amount of money you're costing the companies involved which racks up the damages. But they generally can't track the attacks down to some guy's house in California or something to prosecute.

RolandIsNotOkay
Jun 7, 2014

Endorph posted:

Why isn't Mundo's death quote "I am mundone"

Haha, this is the best one liner this page.

Why isn't Gnar's ult called... Oh wait it is NM

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Zaodai posted:

Isn't catching the people doing it generally the problem anyway? It's already a relatively serious crime if you get caught, just because of the amount of money you're costing the companies involved which racks up the damages. But they generally can't track the attacks down to some guy's house in California or something to prosecute.

this is exactly the problem so i think to compensate we should do public executions of those we do catch

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

Zaodai posted:

Is it still LizardSquad?

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
To whoever was complaining about new Soraka getting free AP from building resists: http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.co...omment=00690002

Riot Vesh posted:

Ok, I guess I wasn't clear in the original post. When I said 20% of MR/Armor is converted, I meant literally converted. She doesn't get free AP for building resists. She loses 20% of her bonus resists and gets it in AP instead. She literally can't go in the jungle.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Previous Jesus posted:

To whoever was complaining about new Soraka getting free AP from building resists: http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.co...omment=00690002

That sounds terrible. I mean it's shifting stats around on items, and it's going to be a huge pain to deal with. She is going to explode when attacked so much faster than anyone else.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Previous Jesus posted:

God that's actually dumb as gently caress.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Previous Jesus posted:

Okay now she sounds not very good.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Previous Jesus posted:

Jesus, what in the actual gently caress are they smoking down in Santa Monica?

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Flameingblack posted:

I think you need to chill out. Maybe play a few games as Nasus, he's a chill guy.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Previous Jesus posted:

I can't even think of a situation where this would be useful. Maybe you could justify it if her heal gave armour but that isn't true and she can't even heal herself anyway so it's all around useless!!

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

my pog boyfriend posted:

I can't even think of a situation where this would be useful. Maybe you could justify it if her heal gave armour but that isn't true and she can't even heal herself anyway so it's all around useless!!

New Soraka seems like she's going to walk into a fight and die instantly because she loses HP while having 20% of her resists removed for AP while also having a shorter range on the heal.

poo poo is stupid and I thought being able to build resists would better let her do her thing in a teamfight rather than get 1 shotted.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
The entire point is that she's squishy. She is not, thematically, a tank in any way. I approve of this rework.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

You'll still have all the passive effects from building tank items, just less tank and more AP than if anyone else built it. Which isn't the worst thing, since you probably aren't building AP items I guess. Depends how much you value passives/actives on the offensive AP items for supports.

I kind of want to see her in play before I make real judgements because her passive is going to be a really huge part of her defense, and she can shut down a chase with her silence/root. You can't use a dash or flash to get out of it, so it's going to actually catch people a lot more often than say, Victor's stun field, and enable a LOT of kills on people who would otherwise be able to just wallhop away. It's an anti-mobility zone.

So the question is, will Soraka be able to survive teamfights with the movespeed boost, slow, and silence field or is she too easy to instagib?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Corbeau posted:

The entire point is that she's squishy. She is not, thematically, a tank in any way. I approve of this rework.

There's squishy, then there's literally devaluing the locket you buy to survive being turned on during your short-range healing run.

Like maybe the silence field will make up for it, but on paper it still sounds really loving dumb.

• Locked thread