Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

That hospital has hot coffee.

Or they didn't turn the heating on.

I appreciate how insufferably combative she comes over in her conversations. Good writing, or a consequence of needing to recap a single plot point event 5 times a week? You be the judge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Johnny Aztec posted:

NOPE, TACO TEH WONDAR DOUGH

Within five minutes Tracy would be bleeding from the ears.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Julet Esqu posted:

Radio Patrol

I'm pretending that this fat dude is actually a giant baby in a suit, and it's really enhancing the strip.

RogueTM
Jul 8, 2004

Hmmmmm

Mister Beeg posted:

Hide your kids! I'm posting MAD! Run for your lives!

Sergio Aragones Looks at Air Travel (MAD #222, April 1981)

Thats a very specific look for the flight attendant in the top comic, I wonder if it's Sergio's homage to François Walthéry and Gos comic about Natasha.

Compare the hat, hairstyle and emblem on the blouse.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
I should've realized TACO was an edit. To bad dickbutt didn't work there. :v:

Non Sequitur

:rimshot:

Heavenly Nostrils

9 Chickweed Lane 8/30/2003

:stonk: Christ, Brooke.

Zits

:v:

Kevin & Kell

Electric fence, and a .22.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

That's a face.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

I'd punch this comic strip if I could.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Spanish Matlock posted:

Is the moral here supposed to be "everywhere is actually America now. Foreigners are a myth."

More like "Forget about making the world a better place and accept your future as a cube jockey."

I imagine right about now Delta is licking envelopes for a crooked Congressman.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Classic Prince Valiant

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Sergio Aragones Looks at Elections (MAD #399, November 2000)

The Lighter Side of... (MAD #233, July 1982)

Do feminists even get pissed off at this, or is this just another made-up stereotype?

Spy vs. Spy (MAD #233, July 1982)

Don Martin Dept. (Cracked #264, August 1991)

Hey Look!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set roughs it for the long weekend.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (June 11, 1927)

Peanuts (September 2, 1967)

drat shame nobody ever thought of smoking behind the garage. Then he'd really have her.

Funky Winkerbean

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (July 27-28, 1925)

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

EasyEW posted:

Peanuts (September 1, 1967)

No one? Really?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

I hope it's the 4000th Phantom, still doing the Old Song and Dance Comix

Pooch Café

He'll just throw it up later and he'll get to eat it again, along with all the other free food that comes out when he does that. Dogs!

Ballard Street

You can't tell a Scotsman to stop jigging any more than you can tell a dog to stop eating his own vomit, puking it back up, and then eating it again.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
Classic Funky

The band director is the same one that shows up after the time jump in Crankshaft from time to time.
The other one is just Les being Les.

kazz
Feb 27, 2007

Black Bean has a tendency to stare and likes to hide.

Mister Beeg posted:

The Lighter Side of... (MAD #233, July 1982)

Do feminists even get pissed off at this, or is this just another made-up stereotype?
I'm sure someone, somewhere, acts like this, but for the most part I think it's made-up straw man (straw womyn :wink:) type poo poo. What annoys me personally is when a guy (usually older men) rushes past me, sometimes into me, to open the door when my hand is already stretched out toward or touching the handle, and then absolutely refuses to move until I go in before him. And you better say thank you, even though he's making the five second process of opening a door into a ten second or longer one, and embarrassing as well.

I live in the southern US and it happens more often than you would think.

On another note, can I just reiterate the confusion over Rosa not knowing what the gently caress her uncle actually does for a living? I could maybe see her hearing the word "clinic" and thinking of a smaller medical building, but how could she possibly not know he's a plastic surgeon? It's such lazy writing.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

kazz posted:

I'm sure someone, somewhere, acts like this, but for the most part I think it's made-up straw man (straw womyn :wink:) type poo poo. What annoys me personally is when a guy (usually older men) rushes past me, sometimes into me, to open the door when my hand is already stretched out toward or touching the handle, and then absolutely refuses to move until I go in before him. And you better say thank you, even though he's making the five second process of opening a door into a ten second or longer one, and embarrassing as well.

I live in the southern US and it happens more often than you would think.

On another note, can I just reiterate the confusion over Rosa not knowing what the gently caress her uncle actually does for a living? I could maybe see her hearing the word "clinic" and thinking of a smaller medical building, but how could she possibly not know he's a plastic surgeon? It's such lazy writing.

You could just kick him in the balls and then burn your bra in front of him.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Ok, I ran this Lex Associates through an anagram generator, then just Ctrl-F'd "TACO" to see if there was anything remotely clever. Well, "Tacos rear end Exile" seems to be the height of it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Ok, I ran this Lex Associates through an anagram generator, then just Ctrl-F'd "TACO" to see if there was anything remotely clever. Well, "Tacos rear end Exile" seems to be the height of it.

That is the least funny configuration for those three words.

grading essays nude
Oct 24, 2009

so why dont we
put him into a canan
and shoot him into the trolls base where
ever it is and let him kill all of them. its
so perfect that it can't go wrong.

i think its the best plan i
have ever heard in my life

kidcoelacanth posted:

Haha, did you guys know that nerds and jocks are different? That's pretty "LOL"-worthy, if you ask me. Hee hee!

Anyway, Funky Winkerbean's current arc of "Bull learns the most basic loving offensive scheme in football" is completely infuriating to me.

Reminder that this is happening because the college supposedly has interest in Bull. This cannot be emphasized enough, if a college was looking to hire a high school coach and he didn't understand what the hurry up offense is (something who even casual NFL fans would probably understand at this point) there's no way they'd spend another goddamn second interested in the guy.

You could probably make it funny and faintly plausible if it was a Chip Kelly-like offense with the absurd huge signs held up on the sideline and he had to learn how to do that. I'm picturing his assistant holding up a big sign with a picture of a tumor, an IED, pizza and an ultra rare but now devalued comic book.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT

Trent posted:

That is the least funny configuration for those three words.

Even Taco rear end Exiles is better.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

That's the spirit, Gunth! There's always a way to make this even stupider!

(I hope Plan D is to run off on their own to provide their high-school-level unskilled medical care to the poor without any professional oversight, doing their patients more harm than good, and eventually dying of Typhoid.)

Apartment 3-G

You know us girls! We hate men who are nice to us, amirite??? :haw:

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

First the telepathy and now this. I think Nona is for-reals magical, you guys.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Much like the story where Kraven's spectacular Las Vegas animal taming show was just a cover to train a chimp to steal a dumb old diamond, I don't see how this plan benefits Doc Ock in any way.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

That's the spirit, Gunth! There's always a way to make this even stupider!

(I hope Plan D is to run off on their own to provide their high-school-level unskilled medical care to the poor without any professional oversight, doing their patients more harm than good

This is also known as Plan Caro.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

A disgruntled GoComics colorist?

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane*

*Now with 10% more TerrorMouthsTM than before.

Pibgorn

Today, we find out how many Pibgorns it takes to screw in a light bulb.

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac The uh-oh baby sows terror we'ere she walks.

Heathcliff skips leg day.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

ONLY RICH PEOPLE WITH NO MORALS NEED PLASTIC SURGERY!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

It's cool Evans has never worked in a cubicle but his depiction of them and their contents make me roll my eyes. I don't expect a photo or anything but there comes a time.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Greg Evans' experience is working as a high school art teacher and his daughter is an elementary school vice principal.
Also spending a year getting to know the wealthy socialites in Peru with minimal responsibility sounds cool actually. Nothing stopping you from going out to rural villages on the weekend or whatever.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane*

The boring word defense mysteriously backfires, violating all established laws of reality, and that French sex lady pops up and does the Roadrunner "meep meep" just as the unarmed man is executed.

Grilox posted:

ONLY RICH PEOPLE WITH NO MORALS NEED PLASTIC SURGERY!

But I wanted to do things that !!!really help people!!!, like *trails off into mumbling*

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Charles Schulz and MAD continued...

MAD once published this fake ad in the back cover of issue #306 (Oct. 1991):

A parody of Snoopy being licensed to MetLife (I believe they still use it). As it turned out, Schulz saw the parody, because he later sent this drawing to the MAD offices. They printed it in the letters section of issue #308 (Jan. 1992).

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
The last thing I expected to see on a random Amazon trawl...

From the fine people who are doing the King Aroo series, it's Bobby London's Popeye!

The publisher blurb posted:

Coming Soon

Popeye : The Classic Newspaper Comics by Bobby London, Volume Two: 1989-1992

When we say "complete," we mean COMPLETE! Bobby London's take on the Sailor Man has often been overshadowed by his being fired from the strip in 1992, ostensibly for presenting a storyline that was an allegory about abortion. In that ultimate tale, Olive had become addicted to the Home Shopping Network and ordered a Baby Brutus mechanical doll. When Popeye insists that she get rid of the "baby," two priests mistakenly believe that the baby is real and that Olive is going exercise her pro-choice rights. King Features Syndicate pulled the final three weeks of strips and daily newspapers began running reprints. Story over in mid-stream.

Now, twenty-two years later, thanks to the kind cooperation of the good folks at King Features, those three weeks will be included in this second volume of our series. But wait…that's not all! Turns out that Bobby London produced an additional six weeks of strips beyond the three that were pulled from syndication! This book contains—for the first time anywhere—ALL NINE weeks of "censored" Bobby London Popeye strips. Trust us, it's worth the wait!

That's right, these strips and the ones that never even made it off the desk. It is a lucky time to be alive. Scheduled for November 11, so knock yourself out.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Bobby London recommended me an art supply store while I was in LA, and was able to get a $10 discount when I referred to him.

Oh yeah. And his Playboy cartoons are hilarious. :)

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Dustin

You're better off just not saying anything around your family at all. Nothing good will come of it.

On the Fastrack

Still waiting for smartphones to come with solar cells to recharge like calculators although I don't know how well that works in an office.

Safe Havens

What the heck are those things? Let's look up FIBA 2014...

Huh. Yeah that is pretty horrifying.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Modesty Blaise

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

That hospital has hot coffee.

So how badly do you have to mess up as a heroin doctor to kill someone on the table? Other people are monitoring vitals and anesthesia for you. Did he put a pair of scissors through a dude's head or something?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Mercury Hat posted:

So how badly do you have to mess up as a heroin doctor to kill someone on the table? Other people are monitoring vitals and anesthesia for you. Did he put a pair of scissors through a dude's head or something?

Maybe the patient was his heroin supplier and he refused to sell Dr. Kaput more heroin!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_nPp64OrBc

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane*

*Now with 10% more TerrorMouthsTM than before.
Already Junji'd before.

Brooke, you need some new material. This is getting repetitive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Aardmania posted:

Pibgorn

Today, we find out how many Pibgorns it takes to screw in a light bulb.

that is some ugly shading and anatomy right there

dodge and burn are not your friends, brooke

• Locked thread