Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Good job Micchy, you directly contributed to the deaths of the last two people on the planet who gave a poo poo about you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I noticed something interesting while I was checking to see how many episodes of the show we have left.

According to Wikipedia's episode list ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kamen_Rider_Gaim_episodes Obviously spoilers in there), Urobuchi isn't writing the final episode of the series. I wonder why that is?

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Dexie posted:

Urobuchi isn't writing the final episode of the series. I wonder why that is?

A tie-in to Drive would be my guess.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

point of return posted:

A tie-in to Drive would be my guess.

Aren't those usually in the second movie?

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Also where the gently caress were all the feathers coming from

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Sieg showed up to watch, just off to the side.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Serious Frolicking posted:

Aren't those usually in the second movie?

I think it's going to be more like the last episodes of Wizard.

Which would be fine with me, because while that mini-arc didn't really reveal anything pertinent about Gaim, it was some good low-content high-fanservice Decadey nonsense

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

OnimaruXLR posted:

I think it's going to be more like the last episodes of Wizard.

Which would be fine with me, because while that mini-arc didn't really reveal anything pertinent about Gaim, it was some good low-content high-fanservice Decadey nonsense

Oh. Well, I didn't watch wizard for obvious reasons, so I wasn't aware that they did it differently than the previous few series.

Gotenks0053
Sep 2, 2011

Rei_ posted:

So let's recap
-Kouta's dead
-Mai's dead, and also the Mai who's been showing up all along
-Ryouma's dead
-Kaito is an Overlord
-All but one Genesis Driver is now busted
-Mitsy is a sobbing, hysterical, broken loving fragment of a human being

How can Kouta be dead when he has a healing factor? Also, he still has to fight Overlord Baron according to magazine scans.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

What the hell is going on anymore

SUFFERING

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Gotenks0053 posted:

How can Kouta be dead when he has a healing factor? Also, he still has to fight Overlord Baron according to magazine scans.

Likely he will get resurrected by Mai the Golden Apple Spirit.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The more I think about it the more I want this week's episode to be the finale of Gaim. That last image of Kaito, the (semi) sole survivor, having mastered the Devil Trigger, is so cool. And Kouta and Mai are going to ruin it :sigh: And then the series will probably end with everybody dancing, except Kaito, who will probably be dead along with Takatora for the crime of being too cool to live :mad:

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Huh. So Urobochi decided to go the way with Michy the same way Tomino did with Katajina From Victory Gundam.

Nothing wrong with that. :colbert:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

OnimaruXLR posted:

The more I think about it the more I want this week's episode to be the finale of Gaim. That last image of Kaito, the (semi) sole survivor, having mastered the Devil Trigger, is so cool. And Kouta and Mai are going to ruin it :sigh: And then the series will probably end with everybody dancing, except Kaito, who will probably be dead along with Takatora for the crime of being too cool to live :mad:

The alternate end-goal is something something golden fruit something something everyone's alive including Takatora.

Somehow. And I would be okay with that only because Takatora is the best.

That said, I'm disappointed in this episode, because Micchy remains unmurdered. Goddamn it Gaim.

Sinner Sandwich
Oct 13, 2012
Subs are out.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Jesus loving christ what a good episode

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Wow. Gaim is such a great show. I love how Mai goes back in time and does absolutely nothing except make it easier for Sagara to move it all along. It's so clever. Kaito is a boss. Total boss. It's a shame he can't win because of genre conventions though.

King of Solomon posted:

That said, I'm disappointed in this episode, because Micchy remains unmurdered. Goddamn it Gaim.

It's much more fitting that Micchy lives through it all to see how much he hosed it all up at this point. He deserves to suffer. It's fun to see that juxtaposed against Ryouma, who died because of his sheer selfishness and accomplished nothing.

Dovi
Feb 21, 2013

I love how he called out "Killswitch!" Like it's a special attack

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Dovi posted:

I love how he called out "Killswitch!" Like it's a special attack

Warren Statesman was incredibly goony, designing the belts and the catchphrases and all that. Of course he does stuff like that!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I know that Kouta is obviously coming back to life, but after this episode, I wouldn't mind if he didn't.

They could totally twist this around into a Micchy redemption arc and I'd be cool with it. He realizes how bad he hosed everything up, so he gathers Kouta's lockseeds and goes to face Kaito on his own. He could give a speech about how he knows he messed everything up but he's going to do his damnedest to make everything right, then use Kouta's seeds to transform, declaring himself Kamen Rider Gaim in his memory.

But we can't have that. Genre conventions and whatnot. Kouta will be back up on his feet and ready for the final showdown in an episode or two. :sigh:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Killer Queen posted:

It's much more fitting that Micchy lives through it all to see how much he hosed it all up at this point. He deserves to suffer. It's fun to see that juxtaposed against Ryouma, who died because of his sheer selfishness and accomplished nothing.

This, so much. I was a defender of Micchy getting killed but letting him live, completely powerless, with the one person he wanted to save dead, and having fully realized how much he hosed up yet being completely unable to make amends for it, and after getting lectured by Ryoma of all people, leading to a complete breakdown, is the best possible ending for him. He won't die, he'll suffer forever.

The whole deal with Mai was absolutely incredible. In any normal show you expect the time travel to fix everything and lead to a happy ending where no bad things happened (see: Ryuki). Here? Here the time travel only allowed Sagara to do what he wanted with greater ease and becomes a critical point of the timeline. Great job, Mai.

Also holy poo poo Kaito, you are still the biggest badass in this drat show. I want the show to end with Kaito winning, he's so much better than Kouta holy poo poo. Favourite second Rider, right here. Turning into an Overlord without the need of the golden fruit, with just sheer willpower and a cut and a non-transformed Lockseed...total loving badass. He sure showed Ryoma a thing or two!

I wonder if there's any chance of Marika Lemon Energy Arms now, since she took both Ryoma's Driver and Lockseed. I doubt it though, too late to bring a new form, and it wouldn't make any difference, I just really like the FIGHT POWER F-F-FIGHT! thing.

In less spoilery news, all of you want to watch this. In commemoration of Kaito being the biggest badass, Never Surrender! And to celebrate grieve for Kouta's death (yeah, sure), Raise Up Your Flag! Full vers from one event or another, I have no idea, but I'm so glad, I love Never Surrender so much.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhd-pv4bGgEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0DgE8BjcUo

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

I wonder if there's any chance of Marika Lemon Energy Arms now, since she took both Ryoma's Driver and Lockseed. I doubt it though, too late to bring a new form, and it wouldn't make any difference, I just really like the FIGHT POWER F-F-FIGHT! thing.

I wouldn't say it's too late. They're still introducing a totally new Rider, after all.

http://kamenrider.wikia.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Jam

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dexie posted:

I wouldn't say it's too late. They're still introducing a totally new Rider, after all.

http://kamenrider.wikia.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Jam

Jam will likely appear in the last-ep crossover with Drive (discussed a few posts before this, last episode wasn't written by Urobuchi so this seems like a safe bet) rather than being part of the proper plot, though. The last fight of the plot is definitely Kiwami/Overlord Kouta vs Lord Baron.

Talking about Lord Baron, his weapon is apparently named Guronbaryamu (グロンバリャム). I'm guessing it's Inves, so if anyone knows the cypher and can translate, that'd be neat. KR wiki says it might derive from Baron, but I'm never sure of how much I can trust it.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

Jam will likely appear in the last-ep crossover with Drive (discussed a few posts before this, last episode wasn't written by Urobuchi so this seems like a safe bet) rather than being part of the proper plot, though. The last fight of the plot is definitely Kiwami/Overlord Kouta vs Lord Baron.
See, I can't bring myself to think that it's going to be a Drive crossover. They hyped up the Wizard/Decade thing pretty hard towards the end of Wizard, if I'm remembering right, so why wouldn't they do the same here? They would have talked about at least a little if that's what they planned on doing.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

"I would have hoped Ms. Minato would have realized, its certainly a thing I would do"

BANANA

"Oh....oh.oh...oh"

http://i.imgur.com/M7G6zvI.jpg

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Locks fall, everyone dies. :thumbsup: Really looking forward to how they're going to end it from this point on, given that they seem to be avoiding a reset button ending.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I definitely got the impression from this episode that they either didn't know at the start or changed their mind about the context of Mai appearing to the Riders, but the twist of it actually making everything worse by telling Sagara who was important was awesome and clever.

This show keeps getting better and better.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

I don't think we're going to get a reset button ending. This has been Kaito's arc and undoing it would leave him robbed, honestly. Mai can easily being Kouta back, and Micchy is still alive, and I HONESTLY don't think Takatora is really dead. He died in a way literally EVERYONE comes back from.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Everyone has been getting rider kicks lately. Is that how they're showing that people have complete resolve?

Kaito is the best.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Rei_ posted:

I don't think we're going to get a reset button ending. This has been Kaito's arc and undoing it would leave him robbed, honestly. Mai can easily being Kouta back, and Micchy is still alive, and I HONESTLY don't think Takatora is really dead. He died in a way literally EVERYONE comes back from.

Would they really do TWO fake out deaths for him, though?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Rei_ posted:

At this point I've basically accepted that Takatora's dead. You're right, he did die in a way everyone comes back from, but on the other hand, they already did that with him and he's been gone forever. I'd love it if he came back, though! Takatora's the best.

I still think Micchy should get murdered.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Rei_ posted:

Once more, Takatora befriended a whale underwater and got Seaweed Arms. He'll return in the Gaim/Drive movie.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Dexie posted:

Would they really do TWO fake out deaths for him, though?

Have you met my friend, Kamen Rider?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Rei_ posted:

There is no way in hell that that Takatora is coming back to life. It would be amazingly silly with how his death was framed for Micchy's character development. I can totally see him coming back in a movie though. They've done it before with characters like Ankh. But I agree that they're not doing a reset ending, especially since the main three Riders aren't dead. I'm halfway expecting Oren and Jounouchi dying too. Maaaaybe Zack will live, but I wouldn't be surprised if Kaito kills him for some reason or another.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Sep 1, 2014

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
My favorite part of the episode, hands down:

"You told me you were going to save Mai!"

"Yes, and I haven't the faintest idea why you ever believed me."

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Killer Queen posted:

There is no way in hell that that Takatora is coming back to life. It would be amazingly silly with how his death was framed for Micchy's character development. I can totally see him coming back in a movie though. They've done it before with characters like Ankh. But I agree that they're not doing a reset ending, especially since the main three Riders aren't dead. I'm halfway expecting Oren and Jounouchi dying too. Maaaaybe Zack will live, but I wouldn't be surprised if Kaito kills him for some reason or another.

Yeah, about that...

Episode 45 - The Fated Pair's Final Battle! (9/14)
Written by: Gen Urobuchi
Zack sets a trap for Kaito, but...

Might as well go ahead and write him off now.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Nooooo, not Zack! I loved him!

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Twelve by Pies posted:

My favorite part of the episode, hands down:

"You told me you were going to save Mai!"

"Yes, and I haven't the faintest idea why you ever believed me."

Ryouma was too beautiful for this terrible world

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Well, that sure was an episode. What's the toku major character death tally, because I'm sure Gaim's rocketing up there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Solaris Knight posted:

Well, that sure was an episode. What's the toku major character death tally, because I'm sure Gaim's rocketing up there.

All of toku? Not sure. For Rider though, I'm thinking maybe Ryuki? Unless you want to disqualify it due to the timeline reset.

• Locked thread