Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

Gruknor posted:

I have off on Saturday. Otherwise I am very busy, stupid work.

I need at least two ki to +1 my otronif legs and feet, so I am down for some Outer Ra'Kaznar skirmish runs. I also want to kill Ircinraq or Hyoscya, so I can get the semi-pure russet yggzi so I can get the +acc neck. If we do the AAEV fight on difficult the chance of the sword dropping is a lot higher. I know that you can tank it on normal and below. It will drop on normal, but it takes forever. I want the Bloodrain Grip, Felistris Mask, and Patricus Ring, all from AA 2.0 fights. So I am also for doing some AAEV 2.0 runs. If we all have 45 merits and the AAEV 2.0 ki, we can do 4 runs without having to remerit.

I can possibly swing some early Saturday stuff, or late Friday stuff. I'm PST, though, so...

I'd like to take at least a swipe or two at AAMR for thf hands papers and that nice +2 triple attack mask. I'd also be interested in a yorcia delve WIN because I want the club from Wopket. I have 1 T1 russet bead and would be happy to provide the other two for the club or bole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

AAMR will be hard as she spams Cloudsplitter below 25% and that can do 4.6k damage with a single hit plus she'll use it back to back to try and make Darkness. While that amount of damage was probably without any mdt or scherzo up it'll still be pretty high since I lack Aegis. Also the Yorcia Delve is Delve 2 which is even higher than ilvl 119 so that'd be a harder area to clear compared to the stuff we've been doing.

Condiv fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Aug 21, 2014

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Gruknor posted:

I have off on Saturday. Otherwise I am very busy, stupid work.

I need at least two ki to +1 my otronif legs and feet, so I am down for some Outer Ra'Kaznar skirmish runs. I also want to kill Ircinraq or Hyoscya, so I can get the semi-pure russet yggzi so I can get the +acc neck. If we do the AAEV fight on difficult the chance of the sword dropping is a lot higher. I know that you can tank it on normal and below. It will drop on normal, but it takes forever. I want the Bloodrain Grip, Felistris Mask, and Patricus Ring, all from AA 2.0 fights. So I am also for doing some AAEV 2.0 runs. If we all have 45 merits and the AAEV 2.0 ki, we can do 4 runs without having to remerit.

I know this says I have Saturday off, but that changed and it is now Sunday. Sorry, brosefmiahs. Is anyone available for Sunday? I am down for some Outer Ra'Kaznar skirmish runs, trying AAEV 2.0 a few times, and maybe some capacity point farming.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
Whenever I accept an invite in abyssea misa coast, windower 4 freezes up on me. This is annoying. I am going to call it a night, thanks for all the ffxi fun, Alanse, Rukuka, and Suteru.

P.S. Is Wararies a goon or just an honorary goon?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Are there any videos of people buying wedding rings out of peoples bazarrs? I feel like that would produce some amazing tears and back when gil was like easy as gently caress to get due to fish botting being rampant i bet it must have happened?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

Are there any videos of people buying wedding rings out of peoples bazarrs? I feel like that would produce some amazing tears and back when gil was like easy as gently caress to get due to fish botting being rampant i bet it must have happened?

I did it to jamie a few times with our gay-bands when i gave him some hookermoney.

hackedaccount
Sep 28, 2009

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Gruknor posted:

P.S. Is Wararies a goon or just an honorary goon?

He's a real life friend of Gaspode and I. I'm actually not sure if he has an SA account or not.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

He's a real life friend of Gaspode and I. I'm actually not sure if he has an SA account or not.

Is Gaspode back as well? I haven't seen him in awhile, but I saw you and Wararies wandering around naked wrestling each other.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Gruknor posted:

Is Gaspode back as well? I haven't seen him in awhile, but I saw you and Wararies wandering around naked wrestling each other.

Sadly he is not. He has too much willpower I guess, while Wara and I are weak naked fools.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Is it possible to solo the lv 75 nyzul isle investigation using clipper?

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Holyshoot posted:

Is it possible to solo the lvl 75 nyzul isle investigation using clipper?

Probably, but I don't recommend it. Lamp floors would destroy you, and that is painful. Try to get at least 4 or 5 more people with you to get NI clears. That is if you choose not to use cupper/clipper. Movement speed is really nice for lamp floors, other than that you can get away with not having it. With bare minimum 117 sparks gear, a group of 6 pugs could do it. You just need one person manning the rune of transfer to make it go faster.

P.S. I can't read, I thought this droogy was asking to do nyzul isle without clipper. Boy, egg is all over my face.

Gruknor fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Aug 26, 2014

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!
I dual-boxed my way from 45-100 so it's very possible. Lamp floors suck but are doable, but if you're using clipper to boost your speed then you can usually do 10 floors in a non-lamp set anyways, so getting a really nasty lamp floor probably just means you're only going to do 5 instead of 10. Multiple lamp floors that aren't just "Hit this lamp once" will probably be a wash as far as progress goes. Overall it's not as demoralizing as it used ot be though, because instead of losing your shot at 5 floors each tag, you're covering a lot more ground faster in the long run. 55 floors took me about 6 tags and I had some really nasty huge zone + enemy leader type floors I ran into a lot.

6 people would probably be able to do 15-20 if things went well and someone was able to hit the rune quickly enough.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Male of the Century posted:

I dual-boxed my way from 45-100 so it's very possible. Lamp floors suck but are doable, but if you're using clipper to boost your speed then you can usually do 10 floors in a non-lamp set anyways, so getting a really nasty lamp floor probably just means you're only going to do 5 instead of 10. Multiple lamp floors that aren't just "Hit this lamp once" will probably be a wash as far as progress goes. Overall it's not as demoralizing as it used ot be though, because instead of losing your shot at 5 floors each tag, you're covering a lot more ground faster in the long run. 55 floors took me about 6 tags and I had some really nasty huge zone + enemy leader type floors I ran into a lot.

6 people would probably be able to do 15-20 if things went well and someone was able to hit the rune quickly enough.

I think the first time I did this with goons we did 14 floors.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Anyone getting POL crashes when running exiled for fishing after about 100-150 fish? Sometimes it does all 200 just fine but recently its been crashing before finishing up the 200.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Holyshoot posted:

Anyone getting POL crashes when running exiled for fishing after about 100-150 fish? Sometimes it does all 200 just fine but recently its been crashing before finishing up the 200.

Not me

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Got on this morning to use up my login points on Beastly shanks and found out that I can't mail them between my characters. Will anyone be willing to help me move several shanks tomorrow so I can try in vain to get a D.Ring?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Condiv posted:

Got on this morning to use up my login points on Beastly shanks and found out that I can't mail them between my characters. Will anyone be willing to help me move several shanks tomorrow so I can try in vain to get a D.Ring?

I found out the same thing this morning :v: I'll help if you still need.

e: Also guess who shot another rare/ex bullet this morning :suicide: At least I had the 6 paragons I could trade for a new one.

Kazy fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Aug 30, 2014

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

I'll still need help so I'll be on tomorrow around 12pm CST if that's good for you. Going to be using a lot of shanks unless I somehow get the best luck in the world so you'll probably want to set you HP in Port Bastok where my mules all are when we do this.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Condiv posted:

The best way to go about this is to sell them in a bazaar them for 1 gil. Just make sure no one is in zone. I have a beastly shank on all of my mules. You might as well have those because they are just taking up inventory space.

Kazy posted:

I found out the same thing this morning :v: I'll help if you still need.

e: Also guess who shot another rare/ex bullet this morning :suicide: At least I had the 6 paragons I could trade for a new one.

I would do that so much, if I played cor. I think you can make gearswap lock certain item slots. I know you could do that with spellcast.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Gruknor posted:

The best way to go about this is to sell them in a bazaar them for 1 gil. Just make sure no one is in zone. I have a beastly shank on all of my mules. You might as well have those because they are just taking up inventory space.

I would do that so much, if I played cor. I think you can make gearswap lock certain item slots. I know you could do that with spellcast.

It doesn't work when you hit the wrong buttons at the same time and it does a WS in your QD gear :suicide:

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Kazy posted:

It doesn't work when you hit the wrong buttons at the same time and it does a WS in your QD gear :suicide:

Suteru "butterfingers" Kazy, that is your new name.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

BUGS OF SPRING -- you're Tanag in-game right? I think you were the one with high-level synergy, and I need to get my Genbu Shield augmented. I got a Genbu's seal, but it's on my mule and I can't dbox it.

Condiv posted:

I'll still need help so I'll be on tomorrow around 12pm CST if that's good for you. Going to be using a lot of shanks unless I somehow get the best luck in the world so you'll probably want to set you HP in Port Bastok where my mules all are when we do this.

I got two more Shanks if you want them, by the way.

Gruknor posted:

Suteru "butterfingers" Kazy, that is your new name.

I shot a third one yesterday! :v:

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
I think the shank is a 100% drop from the KS99. So you have two options for shanks, login points or 99ks. I have at least 3 shanks on my mules, possibly 4. Let me know if you want to use those.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Kazy posted:

BUGS OF SPRING -- you're Tanag in-game right? I think you were the one with high-level synergy, and I need to get my Genbu Shield augmented. I got a Genbu's seal, but it's on my mule and I can't dbox it.

I also need some synergy help for the exact same thing, I want to get cure potency on my genbus shield.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Paladine_PSoT posted:

I also need some synergy help for the exact same thing, I want to get cure potency on my genbus shield.

Kazy posted:

Yeah I am Tanag. Sorry I didn't get to you last night Suteru. I started dozing off in the last Skirmish and went to sleep after. I am a jerk!
I'll be around the same time tonight and can augment for both if ya.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

Yeah I am Tanag. Sorry I didn't get to you last night Suteru. I started dozing off in the last Skirmish and went to sleep after. I am a jerk!
I'll be around the same time tonight and can augment for both if ya.

Got +4% Cure Potency and MP+22 on my shield! :toot:

I also made a thing like it was 2006:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_7w8-nxv2I

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Kazy posted:

Got +4% Cure Potency and MP+22 on my shield! :toot:

Its better than the 3% I got myself. Grats!

Let me know if anyone else needs things synergized.

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

This is Fatherman! He fights crime to earn Sonboy's respect! Is it working?

Kazy posted:

Thanks for this. Brought up some great memories of friends that I originally did these missions with, I miss the good ol' days. :unsmith:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Sorry I haven't really been active lately but if you two are free this weekend and still want to use those shanks I can be on. I can do either Sat or Sun depending on when you guys are free.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Condiv posted:

Sorry I haven't really been active lately but if you two are free this weekend and still want to use those shanks I can be on. I can do either Sat or Sun depending on when you guys are free.

Either is good for me. I just want Wyrmal Head if it drops from KB :v:

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Kazy posted:

Either is good for me. I just want Wyrmal Head if it drops from KB :v:

I've been popping a ton of shanks as well if you wanna come for KB. 0/43 on ring now :(

Thanatos Mazus
May 30, 2007
Obscure
I just returned within the past month, and I'm wondering if there's a non-abyssea way to level from 60+ to 99 with some sort of reasonable speed. I did Kuftal Tunnel pages from 60~ to 99 on my first job, and I really don't want to repeat that. I tried Colibri and Fomors earlier today, but without FOV/GOV bonuses, it's quite a slog. Is there some alternative I'm not aware of?

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".

Thanatos Mazus posted:

I just returned within the past month, and I'm wondering if there's a non-abyssea way to level from 60+ to 99 with some sort of reasonable speed. I did Kuftal Tunnel pages from 60~ to 99 on my first job, and I really don't want to repeat that. I tried Colibri and Fomors earlier today, but without FOV/GOV bonuses, it's quite a slog. Is there some alternative I'm not aware of?

Do the bat GoV page in bostuanieux oubliette until exp caps (Around lvl 70 iirc) then the leech page will take you to 99.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I heard that fishing when you have max fishing + ebisu can make you some nice Gil. How is that and what kind of Gil are people pulling in? And can this be automated at all?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

I heard that fishing when you have max fishing + ebisu can make you some nice Gil. How is that and what kind of Gil are people pulling in? And can this be automated at all?

As far as I know, they nerfed the NPC price of the fish that people used for this. Ebisu is pretty much not worth it these days, from what I hear.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Unfortunately that's correct. They nerfed it pretty hard, so now its a lot of work for just 300k a day. 600k top end.
Used to be 1-2mil. :(

Ebisu is really only useful for Shapers Shawl now, which is still decent money if ya get a hungry crafter with big pockets, but unreliable.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Condiv posted:

I have been really busy as well. I still have a few shanks on my mules, let me know if you want to buy them for 1 gil.

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

Unfortunately that's correct. They nerfed it pretty hard, so now its a lot of work for just 300k a day. 600k top end.
Used to be 1-2mil. :(

Ebisu is really only useful for Shapers Shawl now, which is still decent money if ya get a hungry crafter with big pockets, but unreliable.

If you use a fishbot and don't have time to farm, it is worth doing. Otherwise it is good to help offset hp warp and consumables costs.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
To all the dirty bastard goons who have been cuppering around without a care...
Be careful with that poo poo in instanced events like salvage and dynamis. The recent spat of bannings have been because of people literally clearing nq and hq boss, then clipping down two floors to port up and doing bosses again, farming a few thousand alex a run. Expect alexandrite to jump in price again due to the severe lack of it.

There also is/was an exploit in dynamis to reset your zone timer or loving up ADL AI involving clipping around. And there is/was an even bigger packet manipulation exploit to generate any item you could think of... like marrows/scoria (i originally thought this to be a duplication exploit).

So needless to say, expect currency and the like to jump a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

poo poo, I may actually farm Alex again due to this.