Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
depression quest helped me understand some of my friends who are going through depression

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DUNCAN DONUTS
Mar 27, 2010

by XyloJW
Haha OF COURSE they take bitcoin

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

depression quest helped me understand some of my friends who are going through depression

because it was so lame. burn

Forums Barber
Jan 5, 2011
ZIDF shittin up this thread

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

imo, videogames

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

I thought depression quest was pretty cool and well made for a CYOA book.

Jombo
Feb 20, 2009

You have dishonoured the term 'human being poo poo poster'. I propose the new term 'human being poo poo poster+' to distance you from the community.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

you cant use the term gamer I'm reclaiming it

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

After thinking a bit about it, maybe gamer is a pretty dumb thing to identify as. I like a lot of things more than games

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
All these women complaining about other imaginary women being sexualized....Maybe they should just become men?

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

The Taint Reaper posted:

All these women complaining about other imaginary women being sexualized....Maybe they should just become men?

Maybe we should all just become men :(

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Who really is Zoe Quinn?

I'm finding it really hard to believe that a person who, for all intents and purposes, did not exist until 2010 has become so important to so many different people in so many different positions of power that they'd rather systematically attempt to destroy the word "gamer" than just sever ties with her.

This doesn't seem like an appropriate response.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Sure Zoe may have done some dumb things, but then again, High school drama is always dumb and why should I give sad boyfriend so much credit

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Parallax Scroll posted:

i sure love video games, which are for children

I know you're trolling, but video games aren't even the real problem if you're talking about adults liking childish stuff. Like 90% of American culture is becoming infantilized. All those superhero movies making tons of money, all those adult Harry Potter, Hunger Games, and Frozen fans, Twilight Moms, etc. All of pop culture is becoming childish.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

video games

Dec 26, 2012

madeupfred posted:

Who really is Zoe Quinn?

I'm finding it really hard to believe that a person who, for all intents and purposes, did not exist until 2010 has become so important to so many different people in so many different positions of power that they'd rather systematically attempt to destroy the word "gamer" than just sever ties with her.

For four years, you have been asking: Who is Zoe Quinn?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Lobster Harmonica posted:

Maybe we should all just become men :(

Finally true equality

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

I am Zoe Quinn.

Forums Barber
Jan 5, 2011

madeupfred posted:

Who really is Zoe Quinn?

She's just some borderline personality disorder loser, she's nothing. It's just that she decided to burn her Get Out Of Jail Free cards from Maya Kramer (@legobutts)'s star chamber of game journos, and made it how obvious what a circlejerk they all were.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
No, I am Zoe Quinn

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Maybe the journalists involved are overreacting, but then again, I've rarely felt that I've been tricked by them into buying a bad game and while the quality of some of them is bad, I can always find another one that I enjoy

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

The Dennis System posted:

I know you're trolling, but video games aren't even the real problem if you're talking about adults liking childish stuff. Like 90% of American culture is becoming infantilized. All those superhero movies making tons of money, all those adult Harry Potter, Hunger Games, and Frozen fans, Twilight Moms, etc. All of pop culture is becoming childish.

"becoming"
it always was

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I am Qoe Zuinn

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

madeupfred posted:

Who really is Zoe Quinn?

she made a dece indie thing about depression, some game enthusiasts wrote articles about it. later she dumps some sad sack who then writes a manifesto about how she's Slutty Hitler, people accept the crazy ramblings for ??? reason (you can prolly guess)

she's a big deal now because people are mad at FAKE GAMER women bitching about sjw things, they prolly really wish this had happened to anita sarcardassian instead but will gladly take some blue haired twiggy weirdo as an offering in her stead

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Aug 31, 2014

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Nanomashoes posted:

"becoming"
it always was

lol He thinks Dr.Who was for serious adults.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

The quality of the writing of the journalists that is

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

[I'M A GIANT HOMOPHOBE
i think zoe quinn is the person who was saying 30% of the profits went to the head dude of tfyc, got corrected, tried to correct the correction with some bullshit, got corrected again, and then scampered off without admitting they made a mistake.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

And depression quest is probably above the median quality of titles released on steam, and released in a finished state for free

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Neurolimal posted:

She is a true cuckmaster I have so much respect for her

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Azraelle posted:

And depression quest is probably above the median quality of titles released on steam, and released in a finished state for free

Doesn't matter game still sucks compared to Elder Scrolls 6, a game with real gameplay.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

the g word

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

if she really did cuck the poo poo out of that dude then i totes applaud her because he writes like an enormous weepy baby

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

And since I do not personally suffer from depression I cannot judge if it misrepresents the issue, but at least it tries to tackle a serious subject in a respectful way.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Neurolimal posted:

if she really did cuck the poo poo out of that dude then i totes applaud her because he writes like an enormous weepy baby

wait did you call her twiggy because :lol: if so
i got some bad news for you

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I like how she called Zork a game that nobody has played yet it's been on GOG for years.

Jombo
Feb 20, 2009

Azraelle posted:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/295810/

Look up the bro team youtube of it.

Dec 26, 2012

toggle posted:

the g word

Jombo
Feb 20, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

I like how she called Zork a game that nobody has played yet it's been on GOG for years.

WHAT? Now I'm really mad.

To the twitter cannons!

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

It was good that she apologized for the damage she did to the game jam, a concept of which I found a little bit dumb, but I will respect their wishes and consider her part in it forgiven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

wait did you call her twiggy because :lol: if so
i got some bad news for you

i've literally only seen those thumbnail sized pics of her that people use for cuck quest photoshop things 'cause i dont follow gam3r news and also didn't read this thread

idk why this would be bad news for me, not particularly into people who dye all their hair troll doll colors anyways

• Locked thread