Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Azraelle posted:

I guess in the end I have more love than hate for the human Zoe Quinn

well then i have good news for your penis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

ArbitraryC posted:

Actually it's in an incredibly valid complaint. One of the largest criticisms of internet social justice communities is their double standards in how they pick and choose their battles, taking some claims seriously while ignoring others that don't fit their agendas quite so smoothly. One such common complaint is that men are treated with unfair standards when a woman victim is involved and that no one thinks it would be the same if the shoe was on the other foot, and then low and behold right in the wake of the scandal involving the creator of cards against humanity that was ostracized over a dubious at best claim there's a claim against a woman with a lot more evidence and everyone doubles down and calls the criticism misogyny. In order to gain really any semblance of trust back from the casual reader they pretty much need to throw zoe under the bus then back up over her a few times before peeling off.

"I care about nothing but want to shame a person" is not valid.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Yeahhhhh I watched some more of her stuff. She's weird.

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

[I'M A GIANT HOMOPHOBE

did you read any of the links i posted in here earlier? they explain really well why you shouldn't feel sympathy for her and why she displays a lot of classic examples of a textbook abuser.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s6j3sh

http://j-k-degoya.tumblr.com/post/95970508051/more-on-zoe-quinn-on-rich-white-indie-people-problems

http://thespectacularspider-girl.tumblr.com/post/95755225234/dear-zoe-quinn-supporters

edit: quoted the wrong thing whatever

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
i strongly disapprove of male gaslighting. we're in the year of our lord 2014, it's time for half our population to move to electrical lighting.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Azraelle posted:

I guess in the end I have more love than hate for the human Zoe Quinn, who i've never met and whose personal life affects me very little.

A self proclaimed rapist. You clearly have the moral highground here, kudos to you. "I will ignore that this person sexually abused their partner, because she is a woman and therefor criticism of her sexual life is inherently wrong" - Azraelle, who would probably dislike most male rapists.

Gravefront
Feb 5, 2014

by Ralp
whatever happened to boys' schools and girls' schools

are those still a thing?

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
No see in Zoe's case we only use the textbook definition of rape.

Gravefront posted:

are those still a thing?

private schools, yes.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Gravefront posted:

are those still a thing?

disbanded due to too much gay sex

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
gentlemen, we have tragic news: it's been confirmed that noted solarlighting and cuckswine zoe quinn has been raping men, read more about it here

*drops big a big stack of printed chatlogs on the table*

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Neurolimal posted:

gentlemen, we have tragic news: it's been confirmed that noted solarlighting and cuckswine zoe quinn has been raping men, read more about it here

*drops big a big stack of printed chatlogs on the table*
It's a whole lot more proof than they had against this dude:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Hey NERD, word has it your father doesn't treat his employees at his video game production company well! give me your loving lunch money, i cant stand to look at you

ned, drop his books and do it fast, we have an equal pay rally to attend after dodgeball

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Neurolimal posted:

Hey NERD, word has it your father doesn't treat his employees at his video game production company well! give me your loving lunch money, i cant stand to look at you

ned, drop his books and do it fast, we have an equal pay rally to attend after dodgeball

LMAO if you think kids play dodgeball today.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
can anyone recommend a good video game plz

i want the one with the musigyny thanks

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I miss dodgeball. :qq: good times.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Neurolimal posted:

It's funny because the claim was baseless and later retracted but the same sites calling zoe's ex a jilted misogynistic ex lover took it seriously when they ignore chatlogs from the horses mouth in this case.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
you're right, the erudite beings we call todays children tend to gravitate towards Smear The Racist Twitterer

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994

Danger Mahoney posted:

I suggest too human

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Danger Mahoney posted:

Sequence has musigyny up the freakin butthole, play it hard fellow gamer

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Neurolimal posted:

Probably more like, "Your dad's a rapist, he rapes your mom all the time, you're a rape baby, does he rape you too?"

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
The gently caress happened to this thread

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Azraelle posted:

I will say that I am disappointed, and has said so before, that people cannot see that much of the humor comes from

Lot of the humor comes from stuff about Zoe Quin being literally censored all over the place with her game journalist friends playing public defender instead of recusing themselves or -- god forbid -- acknowledging mistakes.

So you might as well be defending the total death of the internet as say it's ok to let someone OWN every form of social media and control the tone about themselves.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
heh steve, kotaku (a video game site i frequent heavily in the year 2014 as a child) just tweeted that your dads a rapist, ready your butt for recess, because i'm gonna download a FIST up your database

and by database i mean YOUR rear end

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Falsum posted:

zoe's horde

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Falsum posted:

People can't just watch poo poo burn anymore, they've got to be part of the experience.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Gyges posted:

People can't just watch poo poo burn anymore, they've got to be part of the experience.

im wearing imax glasses just for this thread

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp
as bad as zoe is the amount of nerd pantshitting shes caused almost makes up for it.

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994

Falsum posted:

People trying to get a thread locked because they don't like who won the argument.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

rainy day posted:

as bad as zoe is the amount of nerd pantshitting shes caused almost makes up for it.

Tell me again about SJWs not existing :allears:

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

two hundred and fifty three

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

4outof5 posted:

People trying to get a thread locked because they don't like who won the argument.

and they say sjw's are the ones paranoid about being oppressed lmbo

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

rainy day posted:

Would you say the same thing about other rapists or are you just particularly fond of this one?

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

4outof5 posted:

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Danger Mahoney posted:

Rapelay

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Zoe Quinn has been a goon for over 12 years, but there wasn't a single post about Depression Quest on Something Awful until April of this year. How loving deep does this rabbit hole go?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
cuckquesters, this is rly important

if i fart on a match does it count as male gaslighting if my asshairs get singed

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
Only if you believe in it

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

wow rita sarkeesan needs to make videos about this one NOW

ur falling down on the job lady

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

madeupfred posted:

Zoe Quinn has been a goon for over 12 years, but there wasn't a single post about Depression Quest on Something Awful until April of this year. How loving deep does this rabbit hole go?

Having an account does not make one a goon. You have to earn it. Years of poo poo posting. You even have to read a lovely front page article during the hazing process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
For reference about the Gamer+ thing:

https://twitter.com/TheFrenchCritic/status/505766817298935808

• Locked thread