Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains

RIP one of the greatest themes of all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Liquid Communism posted:

I always enjoyed Lita when she was hanging around with the Hardys, back when they did less drugs (or at least hid it better). She didn't come off as a tagalong valet, but was clearly there to wrestle, and that deserves respect.

There is definitely something to be said for a female manager who interferes in matches with a wrestling move instead of like, hitting the guy with her purse or some poo poo.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

This is legitimately a great combination. My first time hearing this theme as well - I dig it! :dance:

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhrBDcQq2DM

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Quick someone photoshop Bryan's face over the scene from SNL with Jim Carry as part of the Night at the Roxberries skit.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Luneshot posted:

Claiming this as an avatar.

Retracting this because I can't think of any good ideas for a title. :v: Anybody who wants it can have it.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Luneshot posted:

Retracting this because I can't think of any good ideas for a title. :v: Anybody who wants it can have it.

SOONER OR LATER
EVERYBODY DANCE!

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Luneshot posted:

What is love love love
Baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum

Fibby Boy posted:

What is love love love
Baby don't hurt Brie
Don't hurt Brie
No more

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Smackdown gifs

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

:stare:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

What the sweet gently caress is this

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

ZenVulgarity posted:

That's a sunset flip

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Da gently caress?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I'm less agile than Big Show.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
A sunset flip is the last thing I ever expected to see from Big Show.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

ZenVulgarity posted:

More evidence for my theory that at 500~ pounds, bog how is a fat sack of poo poo that I hate watching, but at 400~ pounds he's loving awesome. If he does another kip-up watch the internet lose their loving minds.

Evanauto
Jul 27, 2007

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God.

Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed among cocktails.
Pray for me now, and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.
Amen.

Kennel posted:

I'm less agile than Big Show.

You also don't have his bank account, his house, or his snappy fashion sense.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Bog how is a better wrestleman than most people give him credit for, he's just booked like a tough-rear end giant because he looks like a tough-rear end giant.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

sticklefifer posted:

Bog how is a better wrestleman than most people give him credit for, he's just booked like a tough-rear end giant because he looks like a tough-rear end giant.

That is how Vince (Sr and Jr) have always booked giants. Hell Andre used to do dropkicks and such before the Vince Sr mandated that he only lumber around and headbutt people.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
you dont need to do athletic moves to be a good wrestler or have a good match

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Authorman posted:

That is how Vince (Sr and Jr) have always booked giants. Hell Andre used to do dropkicks and such before the Vince Sr mandated that he only lumber around and headbutt people.

For the most part I agree with that as a booking choice - guys that big don't NEED to be doing that kind of crazy poo poo to look impressive and their lumbering style is probably a hell of a lot safer/better for the long term health of both themselves and their opponents.

Still neat to see a sunset flip outta nowhere from the Big Show once in a blue moon though :)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Spermgod posted:

you dont need to do athletic moves to be a good wrestler or have a good match

say WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?!?!?!?!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Big Show is also 42 years old and has been wrestling for around 19. Pretty good longevity for a giant guy.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Authorman posted:

I feel like this is a bad analogy, while true, because by the time we start getting to the Wrestlemania days and such, Andre was already kind of a trainwreck.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Say Nothing posted:

Big Show is also 42 years old and has been wrestling for around 19. Pretty good longevity for a giant guy.

Adding the fact that he exclusively eats fast food, smokes and barely exercises it's a miracle that he's not had a heart attack that could floor an elephant.

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.

I felt compelled to try my hand and gooncam after watching episode 3 of MNW.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

That, *that* should replace Vinceflex.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Gonzo McFee posted:

Adding the fact that he exclusively eats fast food, smokes and barely exercises it's a miracle that he's not had a heart attack that could floor an elephant.
Remember when he was a muscular 380lb guy called The Giant?

And also Andre's son apparently.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

DeathChicken posted:

That, *that* should replace Vinceflex.

I thought Dunn.gif was the new Vinceflex?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Memento posted:

More evidence for my theory that at 500~ pounds, bog how is a fat sack of poo poo that I hate watching, but at 400~ pounds he's loving awesome. If he does another kip-up watch the internet lose their loving minds.

I've been away for quite some time, but watching Big Show run the ropes as fast as he does (and the ring not shaking loose) amazes the hell out of me. Him pulling that sunset flip on Smackdown made me lose my poo poo.

Also, minor .gif request, the Damien Mizdow and The Miz's coordinated entrance spins and points.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

facialimpediment posted:

Also, minor .gif request, the Damien Mizdow and The Miz's coordinated entrance spins and points.

As you wiiiiiiiiish

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Because insomnia is a terrible thing, here's a gif I happened across while doing some late-night browsing through the Wrestling / MMA picture thread:

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

As you wiiiiiiiiish

Sandow even makes being the Miz good. Is there nothing he can't do :allears:

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

ChaosSmurf posted:

Sandow even makes being the Miz good. Is there nothing he can't do :allears:

Get over.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Psh. Dude's still over and they've literally had him lose on every Raw since January.

ChaosSmurf
Dec 26, 2011

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

Say what you will about RVD but Goddamn does he sell the Curb Stomp like death.