Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Somebody please tweet @femfreq and @thequinnspiracy that madeupfred from the forums (they'll know what you mean) is dtf and hornny. I would do it myself but currently I am locked out of my Twitter account due to internet trolling and death threats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

[I'M A GIANT HOMOPHOBE

madeupfred posted:

Somebody please tweet @femfreq and @thequinnspiracy that madeupfred from the forums (they'll know what you mean) is dtf and hornny. I would do it myself but currently I am locked out of my Twitter account due to internet trolling and death threats.

hey i just want you to know that i was reading this thread last night and enjoying myself and then you closed it. don't do it again. bitch.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I find it really funny that the same type of people who really wanted assange pinned for rape are willing to dismiss the lack of consent here that pretty much applies the same definition. I'm 100% confident that without context of thise case pretty much everyone would agree that lack of informed consent is sexual abuse but no it puts them on the defensive here so they have to deny deny deny.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

I learned a couple months ago that there's one Twitter harassment tactic that involves sending tweets from accounts with 0 tweets then deleting them so fast that Twitter's real time search doesn't index them, but they still show up if you're sitting there reading your notifications. It's a fabulous idea for someone who wants to build up a narrative about how they're being harassed along with a way to score extra victimhood points when people look up the tweets and say "uh, I don't actually see these tweets anywhere."

lol the screencap from the other day was taken literally 10 seconds after the deathtweet was posted while signed out

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
dont really care about assange but iirc the people he raped actually went to the police instead of hitting up the blogspots

i stopped paying attention after that tho

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Denim Dude posted:

hey i just want you to know that i was reading this thread last night and enjoying myself and then you closed it. don't do it again. bitch.

this thread is really abnormally funny even though sometimes it's gay poo poo for 3 pages

Bifner McDoogle
Mar 31, 2006

"Life unworthy of life" (German: Lebensunwertes Leben) is a pragmatic liberal designation for the segments of the populace which they view as having no right to continue existing, due to the expense of extending them basic human dignity.

Neurolimal posted:

a beer game where you see who can cry the most for the crigh-score, duh.

You're trying to burn someone by saying he watches a movie about IRA terrorists and transgender people, one that has a positive look on them both

Forums Barber
Jan 5, 2011

Lobster Harmonica posted:

lol the screencap from the other day was taken literally 10 seconds after the deathtweet was posted while signed out

I mentioned that in the Giant Bomb thread because they were wringing their hands about poor Anita, and four or five people immediately responded "holy poo poo kill yourself". I am now in hiding because of these credible threats on my life.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Slanderer posted:

gamers are fat dumb baby nerd losers

i am a proud gamist

Hell yeah. I quite like to have several games going at once, I don't really stick with a single game at a time.

Us proud polygamists should stand together.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Bifner McDoogle posted:

You're trying to burn someone by saying he watches a movie about IRA terrorists and transgender people, one that has a positive look on them both

its also a 50 year old song but you're trying to do a joke here i understand, dont wanna sink your bit here

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Gamers are all misogynist pieces of poo poo, so to separate themselves from the term they will become...Gamer+

Yeah that's the actual reasoning.

So their plan is to imply that we're a slur and they're not the slur.

You can't make this stuff up.

Lightanchor
Nov 2, 2012
Cheated on me with five guys? That's going on your permanent record

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
would you cuck jaye davidson in his prime

i wouldn't because he is/was a beautiful man who deserves better

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
I paid $10 for OKCupid to tell me what girls liked me

they were all fat

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Spiky Ooze posted:

So their plan is to imply that we're a slur and they're not the slur.

You can't make this stuff up.

:siren:self identified gamer spotted:siren:

Gravefront
Feb 5, 2014

by Ralp
I'm not a gamer

I'm a Person of Game

please

stop being so gamist

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I paid $10 for OKCupid to tell me what girls liked me

they were all fat

Same.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

ArbitraryC posted:

I find it really funny that the same type of people who really wanted assange pinned for rape are willing to dismiss the lack of consent here that pretty much applies the same definition. I'm 100% confident that without context of thise case pretty much everyone would agree that lack of informed consent is sexual abuse but no it puts them on the defensive here so they have to deny deny deny.

hmm nope I still don't think that cheaters are rapists even when the cheater is a man

zq is a hypocrite, a huge rear end in a top hat and a terrible girlfriend, but since I'm not dating her or asking for her advice on how to be a decent person I wouldn't be justified in melting the gently caress down on the internet about these facts

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Gamers are all misogynist pieces of poo poo, so to separate themselves from the term they will become...Gamer+

Yeah that's the actual reasoning.
Oh. So it sounds that basically there's a whole bunch of squabbling factions and all of them are insane. :smith:

I hope they change to "games aficionado", lets get a little classy.

Bifner McDoogle
Mar 31, 2006

"Life unworthy of life" (German: Lebensunwertes Leben) is a pragmatic liberal designation for the segments of the populace which they view as having no right to continue existing, due to the expense of extending them basic human dignity.

Neurolimal posted:

its also a 50 year old song but you're trying to do a joke here i understand, dont wanna sink your bit here

Goddamn it, I just owned myself there.

Seriously though, making fun of the ex is fun and all but the roller coaster of madness here is unbelievable, 4chan is donating to women's game development charities while some SJW identified fools are trying to bring them down, a bunch of nutters are making Glenn-Beck style conspiracy flow charts about how gaming journalism has no integrity, gaming journalists are insulting gamers for taking games too seriously while writing about how Sonic the Hedgehog is a metaphor for the Israel-Gaza conflict, and tat this point he only level-headed person involved is a 13-year old boy.

So if people seem to be going easy on the ex it's just because his pathetic poo poo got upstaged 200 pages back by a collection of internet dweebs so insane that they could have stepped out of a Carl Haissen novel.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
i am a taster of games, i spit my disc back into the case instead of absorbing the blu-ray into my body

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
GOON PROJECT: Get my penis inside a game dev

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bifner McDoogle posted:

Goddamn it, I just owned myself there.

Seriously though, making fun of the ex is fun and all but the roller coaster of madness here is unbelievable, 4chan is donating to women's game development charities while some SJW identified fools are trying to bring them down, a bunch of nutters are making Glenn-Beck style conspiracy flow charts about how gaming journalism has no integrity, gaming journalists are insulting gamers for taking games too seriously while writing about how Sonic the Hedgehog is a metaphor for the Israel-Gaza conflict, and tat this point he only level-headed person involved is a 13-year old boy.

So if people seem to be going easy on the ex it's just because his pathetic poo poo got upstaged 200 pages back by a collection of internet dweebs so insane that they could have stepped out of a Carl Haissen novel.

Gibson never imagined the internet would be like this.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

madeupfred posted:

i have touched a game maker program

my penis identifies as your penis so it should be ok if i poke your bum

quote:

God drat I Love Gamers

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

Torka posted:

hmm nope I still don't think that cheaters are rapists even when the cheater is a man

zq is a hypocrite, a huge rear end in a top hat and a terrible girlfriend, but since I'm not dating her or asking for her advice on how to be a decent person I wouldn't be justified in melting the gently caress down on the internet about these facts

The whole thing is like some holy-roller getting caught in a gay affair. It's news because the person build their public persona on promoting some 'virtue'. And then acted the totally opposite way in public.

That shouldn't blow up the internet. It should just have been pointing and laughing. What blew up the internet was an attempt to smother the story.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

madeupfred posted:

I had RPG Maker as a kid

I guess what I'm saying is welcome to boypussy city

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

[I'M A GIANT HOMOPHOBE

Torka posted:

she isn't a rapist but if you have a conversation with your partner and you both decide that cheating without telling your partner is sex with out consent, then at the very least she had non consensual sex with him.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Denim Dude posted:

she isn't a rapist but if you have a conversation with your partner and you both decide that cheating without telling your partner is sex with out consent, then at the very least she had non consensual sex with him.

The Secret wasn't a nonfiction book hth

Forums Barber
Jan 5, 2011
These accusations of a conspiracy against "gamers" are ridiculous.
- a proud gamist

Forums Barber fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Aug 31, 2014

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

madeupfred posted:

I will consider it for my RPG Maker Game Joey Winn Adventures.

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

[I'M A GIANT HOMOPHOBE

Neurolimal posted:

The Secret wasn't a nonfiction book hth

i dont know what this means

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

falcon2424 posted:

The whole thing is like some holy-roller getting caught in a gay affair. It's news because the person build their public persona on promoting some 'virtue'. And then acted the totally opposite way in public.

That shouldn't blow up the internet. It should just have been pointing and laughing. What blew up the internet was an attempt to smother the story.

advocating feminism shouldn't be considered a sign that a person is (or purports to be) morally virtuous, it's a shame that tumblrism has caused it to be that for some people

Lightanchor
Nov 2, 2012
The Secret was about thinking things makes them happen

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Too much touching the poop in this thread.
The 4chan conspiracy psychosis has infected the large majority of regulars here.
Thread wasn't closed long enough for the psychosis to pass.
Close thread again.

Torka posted:

remaining uninformed about this histrionic bullshit is the only correct move and I wish I didn't know even the little I do

Slanderer posted:

lol yeah but "zoe quinn is a big fat hypocrite" isnt as cool as "zoe quinn is a rapist according to her Sacred Feminist Word of Honor (ps feminists are always stupid and wrong also)"
---

Shadoer posted:

Given she's pulled some poo poo in the past, it's fair game to question her honesty. Also there's really no harm in posting the police report, it takes a few minutes to redact personal info.

:tinfoil:
Because police are really good at convicting perpetrators of sexual violence against women; 3% is a good outcome.

You posted the report, so why isn't the perpetrator in jail now :smug:
And when the report inevitably leads nowhere, I get to call the victim a lying whore :smug::smug:

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

ArbitraryC posted:

Nope, that's actually one of the main complaints. Basically the closest you'll get to well-researched and impartial views are this thread and some of the individual tumblr articles (of all things) linked in this thread. Basically the easiest summery is outspoken feminists sexually abuses her boyfriend then uses internet social progressiveness to try and smother all criticism by labeling it as misogyny, this caused a backlash that's been slowing pushing as more and more people read past the initial clickbait articles and learn that zoe was a terrible person who did terrible things to people who loved her and this has called a bunch of sites, people, and communities into question over how honestly they handle these kind of issues.

I'm annoyed at stupidity on the left. Everyone sees the problem with:
Bush is a Patriot. He's trying to help the country. You disagree with him. Why do you hate America?

But switch out the stage-dressing and people will defend:
Zoe is a feminist. She's trying to help women. You disagree with her. Why do you hate women?

It's gross that people who stake their careers on being progressive will leap to the defence of an abuser -- so long as the abuser's using the right jargon.

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

[I'M A GIANT HOMOPHOBE

Lightanchor posted:

The Secret was about thinking things makes them happen

oh. well, all i am saying is that it's way funnier if someone cheats when they believe that cheating = rape than it is when jim bob the redneck or mary sue the marines wife cheats. i mean when of those things clearly brings more schadenfreude than the others.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

look at how zoe quinn is tearing these forums apart. that bitch.....

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Tokamak posted:

:tinfoil:
Because police are really good at convicting perpetrators of sexual violence against women; 3% is a good outcome.

You posted the report, so why isn't the perpetrator in jail now :smug:
And when the report inevitably leads nowhere, I get to call the victim a lying whore :smug::smug:

That 3% looks really good against not reporting it all. I bet they also get much more than 3% when the twisted, detailed threat was posted to the internet and left a trail of electronic records, as opposed to happening in private with no witnesses. What are you arguing for, exactly, that she shouldn't report it to the police?

And who the gently caress reposts verbatim the twisted rapey death threats they've received? People just don't do that.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Falsum posted:

Oh yeah I forgot, on top of Anita and Zoe being too scared to go home, now Danielle Riendeau (Polygon reviewer) is as well

Was that the one tweeting about how she had to explain to her mother why moms can't set foot inside the terrorist state of Seattle for fear of satanic gamers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

the enemies of gaming

• Locked thread