Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Less dance party, more spoilers Wizards...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that
Holy heck, I want all the Crackling Dooms right now. Not that I wasn't planning on playing that wedge just because it's awesome anyway, but that's a sweet card.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Honestly, I think that black common is the most playable card they've spoiled so far. Although the BUG charm is going in my EDH deck immediately. And the Legendary is going to be so awesome as a commander.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
Wish they'd just get out in front and spoil the mana for this set so we know whether all these gold spoilers are actually going to see play or just go straight into EDH decks.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

qbert posted:

Honestly, I think that black common is the most playable card they've spoiled so far. Although the BUG charm is going in my EDH deck immediately. And the Legendary is going to be so awesome as a commander.
The black common is only going to be decent if there's a good base of black 1 drops, scarhide and tormented hero are alright, but having 12x 1 drop is much more preferable.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

qbert posted:

Yeah, I'm shocked that card isn't getting more discussion.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Oh come on, Wizards... :f5:

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

bhsman posted:

Conditional Ravenous Rats with one extra power? It's good but there are probably going to be other small, efficient Mardu cards.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Algid posted:

The black common is only going to be decent if there's a good base of black 1 drops, scarhide and tormented hero are alright, but having 12x 1 drop is much more preferable.

There's already 4 other black 1-drops you can pick from Theros and M15 in addition to those. Khans could add more, but even if it didn't, people can still build perfectly decent aggro decks with this guy.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

More spoilers are coming in like a couple hours or something. They're probably going to wrap up the party with 'em.

NivMizzet
May 22, 2004

"My criticism of the Izzet is that their impulse for learning seems too much like impulse and too little like learning."
-Trigori, Azorius senator

Zorak posted:

More spoilers are coming in like a couple hours or something. They're probably going to wrap up the party with 'em.

What I really want to know is where I can get that Jeskai shirt Maro's wearing.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Zorak posted:

4/4? Have Bears Gone Too Far?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I'm sure they'll be up on the wizards' store soon for $25 + a billion dollars shipping costs to anywhere outside the US.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

bhsman posted:

Haha, what is there to say about a 2/1 for 2 with a so-so conditional ability and a drawback?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

MiddleEastBeast posted:

Haha, what is there to say about a 2/1 for 2 with a so-so conditional ability and a drawback?

It's good for Limited, which is all that matters.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

qbert posted:

There's already 4 other black 1-drops you can pick from Theros and M15 in addition to those. Khans could add more, but even if it didn't, people can still build perfectly decent aggro decks with this guy.
I meant playable 1 drops. Not having more than 1 power (or conditionally having more than 1 power) means you're not jamming it in an aggro deck.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
New sarkhan

3rr 4 loyalty. Becomes a dragon...

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Sarkhan is Mono-Red, they're moving it too much around for people to get a picture of the text at the moment

e:

Sarkhan the Dragonspeaker 3RR
Planeswalker - Sarkhan
+1 Until end of Turn, Sarkhan becomes a legendary 4/4 red Dragon creature with flying, indestructible, and haste
-3 Sarkhan deals 4 damage to target creature
-6 You get an emblem with "At the beginning of your draw step, draw two additional cards" and "At the beginning of your end step, discard your hand."
4 Loyalty

Zorak fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Aug 31, 2014

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Zorak posted:

Sarkhan is Mono-Red, they're moving it too much around for people to get a picture of the text at the moment

e:

text for ants
I'm having a hard time reading this.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

That ultimate :allears:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Sarkhan is basically Stormbreath 5-8 with options

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
+1 Until end of turn, ~ becomes a 4/4 Legendary red Dragon creature with flying, indestructible, and haste.
-3 ~ deals 4 damage to target creature.
-6 You get an emblem with "At the beginning of your draw step, draw two additional cards" and "at the beginning of your end step, discard your hand"

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

neetengie posted:

text for ants

+1: Turns into a legendary 4/4 flying indestructible hasty Dragon.
-3: 4 damage to target creature.
-6: You get emblems with "At the beginning of your draw step, draw 2 extra cards." and "EOT, discard your hand."

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Pinwiz11 posted:

Looks good.

vv: need to dig for that burn

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Pinwiz11 posted:

what's red doing if it has more than 2 cards late game? (lol @ red late game)

really like that ultimate

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Oh gently caress a Red Walker that isn't mediocre?
So begins Mono Red Control's Reign! :black101:

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l

neetengie posted:

text for ants

Sarkhan 3RR
Planeswalker
+1 Sarkhan becomes a legendary dragon with flying, indestructible and haste until EOT
-1 Sarkhan deals 4 damage to target creature or player
-6 You get an emblem with "draw two cards. At the end of your turn discard your hand."

E: beaten so badly

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Count Bleck posted:

Oh gently caress a Red Walker that isn't mediocre?
So begins Mono Red Control's Reign! :black101:
gently caress control he's Stormbreath 5-8
Or a good Jund finisher?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

That is a Good planes walker. Attacks for 4 while threatening an ult with a huge 4 damage removal option.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Since he doesn't prevent damage, if he's blocked does he lose loyalty?

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

MiddleEastBeast posted:

Are you kidding? This seems like a significant upgrade on Ravenous Rats, which wasn't exactly the worst. 2 power for 2 mana is solid, slapping on a free spell for value in exchange for a rarely-relevant drawback seems nice.

is that good
Apr 14, 2012
If I remember right, I'm pretty sure Sarkhan loses loyalty from damage dealt to him in dragon form based on current rules? Both Gideons have had a 'prevent all damage' clause on their transformations (see Champion of Justice's 7th ruling). It shouldn't be hugely relevant, but it's actually kind of interesting.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Elyv posted:

There's "He doesn't lose loyalty when he's not a planeswalker" reminder text

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Elyv posted:

It specifically says that he doesn't lose loyalty while he's not a planeswalker.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Well, I was fairly hype for Khans and these spoilers aren't changing that. :) As always I'm just hungry for more, though.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

that one card that makes you sacrifice at instant speed seems interesting with this card. and the 4 power is interesting with that too, as well, since you have to sacrifice your biggest dude.

is that good
Apr 14, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

It specifically says that he doesn't lose loyalty while he's not a planeswalker.

Zorak posted:

Right, I missed that he's no longer a planeswalker during the transformation - that makes sense.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Zorak posted:

Ah thanks. I'm on my phone so I couldn't read that.

Duskfiend
Apr 5, 2011

Awwwk! Awwwk!
I really hope people don't take Sultai grave shenanigans seriously and neglect to put Tormod's in side. Because Sultai is exactly my poo poo. That demon can come in turn 3 at the earliest through a combination of mystic/caryatid and commune with the gods. Still waiting on more delve cards though :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Duskfiend posted:

I really hope people don't take Sultai grave shenanigans seriously and neglect to put Tormod's in side. Because Sultai is exactly my poo poo. That demon can come in turn 3 at the earliest through a combination of mystic/caryatid and commune with the gods. Still waiting on more delve cards though :(
If they don't reprint Forbidden Alchemy they hosed up.

• Locked thread