Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

i didn't buy shit. i don't know what the fuck is going on.

Best Friends posted:

Game journalists will continue with their important mission of telling nerds that the consumer product they want to buy is in fact going to be extremely good

as much as you would like to be, you are not immune to advertising. nerd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

If I worked there I'd have freaked out long ago and smeared toner all over my naked body, flopping around to spell out "I TOLD YOU SO!" on the carpet until campus security could drag me away.
:xbone:

Gyges posted:

You have to wait until Monday to find out what the big surprise people have been warning 4chan about is.

CisGamer.com is still register-able if you want to get in on the ground floor of the coming Tumblr Gaming vs. The People war.

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994
I need some sleep but before I go I would just like to remind all of you that you should be ashamed to be white male gamers and you should flog yourself no less than 20 times, speak the names of at least 5 20th century feminist writers, and do some soul searching on the innate sexism of being a penis haver who plays the madden and the halo.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I really enjoy seeing how people are freaking out about someone being a really horrible human being on the internet.

The best part I think though really is people who should be "professionals" aka the gaming "journalists" being worse in some cases than the people making a deal about this.

That whole subgroup of people related to games is awful and honestly the only places I hear about this is on SA / facebook feed by retards who post those sites.
Seriously no real impact on anything will happen because of this. Besides a bunch of messed up people being brought to light and that's probably the best part.

I wish this would somehow destroy game journalism though because its awful and we don't need it.

Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

Hello I am video games +

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Shadoer posted:

On one bright note, Zoe Quinn' Patreon account has leveled at $2,581.50 a month. So while she has effectively doubled her free income, it seems to have leveled off.

she deserves every cent

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

toggle posted:

she deserves every cent

Well arguably she's worked hard to get it.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

hardwork pays off. and she seems like a hard worker too.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Shadoer posted:

cuck boys get money

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Shadoer posted:

:downsrim:

Gravefront
Feb 5, 2014

by Ralp
Five dicks sucked, that's 500 bucks a pop

not a bad pull

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

posted in the comments...

:tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

Also see some Sarkeesian Effect boosting in the video, lol. Why are the journalists dismissive of the guy arguing a dark enlightenment view :cry:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

hosed up if true

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Tokamak posted:

Also see some Sarkeesian Effect boosting in the video, lol. Why are the journalists dismissive of the guy arguing a dark enlightenment view :cry:

well great now that the cat is out of the bag, now it's never going to happen!!!!

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro

Suben posted:

cuck boys get money

she could be a really good financial dominatrix

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
On Monday the Antigamer faction debuts its name, and InternetAristocrat removes the wig to reveal Vince McMahon.

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
Listen up Piggies, I just got off the phone with Phil Fish, and if u EVER want Fez 2 to be released you're going to buy ALL of my clips..

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Dude, what the gently caress happened about ten pages ago? :stare:

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

destroying the male gaming population...forever!

:pray: let's hope so!!!!!

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Also Streisand effect is the new Dunning-Kruger.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
i honestly don't know which would be funnier: the actual self-absorbed rebranding of people who play video games or people spending all weekend getting themselves worked up and nothing happens.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Attachment: ZoeQuinn.jpg

There is a bomb in the building

Even a bullshit 4chan rumour is enough to get these people into action...

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

twitter personalities :laugh:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMxy8HmTMqE

:stare:
looking through the comments for images and videos is quite the eye opening experience. SA has keep me sheltered and fed me SJW lies.

Dec 26, 2012

Tokamak posted:

the rise of the gameré begins

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
AMAZING LEAKED FOOTAGE ZOE QUINN FALSE FLAG GAMER+ ATTACK L@@K

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvAs1pos3TA

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:tinfoil: Zoe Quinn will pretend people are out to get her at Pax Prime, monitor her at all times! :tinfoil:

Please tell me they aren't taking this seriously.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
reading this thread while sleep deprived feels like developing brain cancer

:gas:

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Suben posted:

i honestly don't know which would be funnier: the actual self-absorbed rebranding of people who play video games or people spending all weekend getting themselves worked up and nothing happens.

If you like seeing nerds getting extremely worked up then I gave great news

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
thank you gaming jesus for all of this

Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

Jesus was a gamer

cis white male
Jul 5, 2014

i'm a fag i'm a lesbian

Neurolimal posted:

she made a dece indie thing about depression, some game enthusiasts wrote articles about it. later she dumps some sad sack who then writes a manifesto about how she's Slutty Hitler, people accept the crazy ramblings for ??? reason (you can prolly guess)

she's a big deal now because people are mad at FAKE GAMER women bitching about sjw things, they prolly really wish this had happened to anita sarcardassian instead but will gladly take some blue haired twiggy weirdo as an offering in her stead

yup yup!

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
looking at that neuroliminal post again it's really remarkable how provocatively wrong it is about everything. top notch work

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Zoe Quinn is going to get up on that stage looking beaten and ashen with trauma. She will stand at the lectern, flanked by Anita, Maya, and her concubine cucksquad. With a trembling voice, she will address the packed hall, before reaching to her neck. She will pull away the mask to finally reveal the architect of this epic drama, and the greatest storyteller of our time; Hideo Kojima.

After a 45 minute standing ovation, the crowd will be treated to a live demo of MGS5. The game is narrated by The Quiet's internal monologue, describing the horrors of the gender conflict that has ravaged the near future. She will detail her plight, and her singular display of solidarity with her sisters in arms; the longest slutwalk.

Kill stage lights. Nerds scream and applaud until they drown in the blood flowing from their rent vocal cords.

The success of the game, DLC, and micro transactions crashes 3 European economies.

Kotaku gives it a 4/5 because Snake's rear end has more screen time. Obviously misogynist.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Tokamak posted:

My friend who works at quinntendo.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Clitch posted:

Zoe Quinn is going to get up on that stage looking beaten and ashen with trauma. She will stand at the lectern, flanked by Anita, Maya, and her concubine cucksquad. With a trembling voice, she will address the packed hall, before reaching to her neck. She will pull away the mask to finally reveal the architect of this epic drama, and the greatest storyteller of our time; Hideo Kojima.

After a 45 minute standing ovation, the crowd will be treated to a live demo of MGS5. The game is narrated by The Quiet's internal monologue, describing the horrors of the gender conflict that has ravaged the near future. She will detail her plight, and her singular display of solidarity with her sisters in arms; the longest slutwalk.

Kill stage lights. Nerds scream and applaud until they drown in the blood flowing from their rent vocal cords.

The success of the game, DLC, and micro transactions crashes 3 European economies.

Kotaku gives it a 4/5 because Snake's rear end has more screen time. Obviously misogynist.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Clitch posted:

Gravefront
Feb 5, 2014

by Ralp

Clitch posted:

cis white male
Jul 5, 2014

i'm a fag i'm a lesbian

Clitch posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Clitch posted:

• Locked thread