Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Jabor posted:

Fetches with literally only basics to find (and no Landfall) could be pretty boring otherwise.

No more boring than they were in Onslaught and Zendikar standards. Which is to say that they'll be fine as just the dual land variant du jour with maybe a bit of extra value depending on how you use them (threshold in ODY/ONS, landfall in ZEN, and I guess delve and whatever else here).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

mcmagic posted:

Oh boy. Tarns and mistys are 40 bucks on tcg now.

Where do you see this? I'm seeing the low price for Scalding Tarn on TCG at $58 still.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

MiddleEastBeast posted:

Where do you see this? I'm seeing the low price for Scalding Tarn on TCG at $58 still.

Yeah, same for me. I think some people have no idea what they're doing and get weird numbers because of it.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I think the best part about this is the thing we're all forgetting: Ally Fetches are now Modern Legal. :getin:

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

Count Bleck posted:

I think the best part about this is the thing we're all forgetting: Ally Fetches are now Modern Legal. :getin:

Not yet they aren't!

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

What a Judas posted:

Yeah, same for me. I think some people have no idea what they're doing and get weird numbers because of it.

Haha, how hard is it to go to a website, type a card name, and push enter?

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

MiddleEastBeast posted:

I saw it at ~40 too. Someone probably snatched it up or something?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Count Bleck posted:

It makes my transition from Legacy to Modern easier. I used to joke "I don't play Modern because it's too expensive, that's why I play Legacy" since I just happened to own a lot of old cards anyway. Not needing to grab the Zendikar fetches has made my wallet slightly safer (or just redistributed those funds towards something else).

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Are they also going to walk back on the "we don't want to only print allied/enemy paired duals in a block" thing? Should we now be guessing as to whether or not the zendikar fetches will be in Dewey?

Also this kinda makes the new structure more brilliant, because they can do a full cycle in one block and not have to worry about mana being good until the one after next.

Cactrot fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Aug 31, 2014

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Cactrot posted:

Are they also going to walk back on the "we don't want to only print allied/enemy paired duals in a block" thing? Should we now be guessing as to whether or not the zendikar fetches will be in Dewey?

It would be really soon for them to walk it back given that they basically only did one block with that as their design philosophy (RTR also had all ten shocks, of course, but it would have anyway; Theros was the first block where they printed ten duals despite there not really being a thematic reason for it).

I'm betting we see the ZEN fetches later on in the block, probably in the second large set.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Cactrot posted:

Also this kinda makes the new structure more brilliant, because they can do a full cycle in one block and not have to worry about mama being good until the one after next.

I think that statement probably died with 3-set blocks, since Temples and Shocks were split over more sets than a "block" now contains. We'll probably still see both cycles within the span of 3 sets, they'll just rotate in and out differently than they did before.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Niton posted:

I think that statement probably died with 3-set blocks, since Temples and Shocks were split over more sets than a "block" now contains. We'll probably still see both cycles within the span of 3 sets, they'll just rotate in and out differently than they did before.
Temples were, but shocks were all done in two sets. Of course, it was two large sets, but still.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Cactrot posted:

As I understand it, the motivation for that statement was that having only a half-cycle of duals in the block made fixing strange in block constructed. Since block constructed might to be going the way of extended in the new two-set-block era, they may or may not bother with that policy in the future.

However, Tarkir is still a three-set block and I expect they'll stick with their policy and reprint the Zendikar fetches later in the block. Whether they do it in the other large set or in the small set depends on whether they want the fetches to all rotate together or not.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

JerryLee posted:

It would be really soon for them to walk it back given that they basically only did one block with that as their design philosophy (RTR also had all ten shocks, of course, but it would have anyway; Theros was the first block where they printed ten duals despite there not really being a thematic reason for it).

I'm betting we see the ZEN fetches later on in the block, probably in the second large set.

I hope the enemy fetch reprints are ALSO carpeted in dragon corpses but it seems unlikely given Sarkhan Vol's inevitable time travel resurrection of them. :(

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

bhsman posted:

Stuff goons said wouldn't be in Tarkir:

-Delve
-(Onslaught) Fetches

Anything else? :v: Also, go grab a set of Coursers if you haven't already.

You think Coursers will really go up in price now? I feel they'll just hover at $15. Either way I got a set. :)

Maybe Ob Nixilis going up in price COULD be a thing?

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Attorney at Funk posted:

I hope the enemy fetch reprints are ALSO carpeted in dragon corpses but it seems unlikely given Sarkhan Vol's inevitable time travel resurrection of them. :(

The new scalding tarn will be a boiling lake in the belly of a dragon.
Misty rain forest will be the mold on the back of a tropical dragon.
Marsh flats will be a dragon with swamp rear end.
Verdant Catacombs will be the inside of a dragon's colon.
Arid mesa will be...?

Cactrot fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Aug 31, 2014

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Fetchlands in a format with only basics to fetch for is actually really beneficial for mono-colored aggro decks. Everyone's gonna be awkwardly trying to mana fix their wedge decks with temples and Confluence and painlands and I'll be over here playing the Red Rabble deck that basically only draws gas after T4.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

My one regret since the printing of back to nature, is that I won't be able to play junk constellation and put my opponent on tilt by singing the lyrics to Vincent as I draw cards off of eidolon of blossoms.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

I've been waffling on buying a playset of Shocks for months, and the announcement of fetches scared me into buying them tonight. I didn't want to take the risk of Shocks shooting up in response to the announcement of Fetches. :ohdear:

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Cactrot posted:

My one regret since the printing of back to nature, is that I won't be able to play junk constellation and put my opponent on tilt by singing the lyrics to Vincent as I draw cards off of eidolon of blossoms.

Yeah, since they printed that card that nobody even sideboards just now, your deck is really ruined.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

MiddleEastBeast posted:

Someone must have bought them up. I saw a bunch for 40 right after the announcement.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Oh well, I only bought 1 Arid Mesa of all the fetches during their height. I really do hope they print all the Zendikar ones in the final large set of the block, and then I will get my playset of Arid Mesa (because that is obvs the coolest looking one.)

netcat
Apr 29, 2008
Oh yay two years of shuffling in standard :geno:

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
How much was Thoughtseize before the reprint?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

They've stated that they want all parts of cycles like that in one block, so I'd say that ZEN fetches within Tarkir Block are all but confirmed. Although MaRo posted on his tumblr that the ONS fetches "were probably the last five cards in", so I could be wrong.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

qbert posted:

I'm seeing 60-70 on price history sites. Instantly dropped down to 25-30 after Theros dropped, and has gone down another 10.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

qbert posted:

Thoughtseize was $60 TCGPlayer Low before it got spoiled in Theros, and is now down to $27 for the originals.

Stifle was $34 before the Conspiracy reprint, and it tanked all the way to $9 for the original printing.

When a high dollar reprint actually gets put in a set with a wide printing, prices go way down. Modern Masters was so limited that it only increased interest in the format and wound up raising the prices of it's high dollar reprints.

Zonekeeper fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Aug 31, 2014

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It's still going to be a year before the zen fetches are reprinted. You can probably unload them for a decent price if you want.

qbert posted:

Fetchlands in a format with only basics to fetch for is actually really beneficial for mono-colored aggro decks. Everyone's gonna be awkwardly trying to mana fix their wedge decks with temples and Confluence and painlands and I'll be over here playing the Red Rabble deck that basically only draws gas after T4.

So I had Tom Ross sign a goblin rabble master for me yesterday and I tell him that I was splashing W in the deck just for a 2-2 SB-Main deck spilt of. Boros charm to be more resistant to spoilers and he just goes "I don't like that". I'm bad at magic :(

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Aug 31, 2014

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Could the half cycle of enemy-coloured Painlands printed in M15 be an indicator that Zendikar lands aren't coming? I picked the hobby back up in RTR , so I'd like nothing more than for that to not be the case, but I am a little worried.

OpinionCushion
May 6, 2002
It doesn't look like an ice sculpture.... OR DOES IT??

Serperoth posted:

Although MaRo posted on his tumblr that the ONS fetches "were probably the last five cards in", so I could be wrong.
He actually said they were probably the first five cards in KTK.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

OpinionCushion posted:

He actually said they were probably the first five cards in KTK.

I can't read. :saddowns:

Also the Temur named mechanic will be revealed in an article going up tomorrow.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

Khans is looking infinitely better than Theros. I can't wait for more UWR stuff to be spoiled (especially the charm) for my modern control deck. Let's go!

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Hey can anybody find printable versions of those Rat PAck Pack Rat tokens? My girlfriend just discovered this pun and she loving LOVES it! SO if anybody can help me find printable versions of the Rat Pack Pack Rat tokens (or if they can help me find a way to make my own token templates to add a picture to I would be very appreciative. My google-fu is weak :( )

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Alris posted:

Could the half cycle of enemy-coloured Painlands printed in M15 be an indicator that Zendikar lands aren't coming? I picked the hobby back up in RTR , so I'd like nothing more than for that to not be the case, but I am a little worried.

Someone made the observation that it makes sense for them to want extra enemy-color lands in the Khans environment, since any given wedge deck will have use for two enemy-color pairs but only one allied-color pair. They may or may not print the enemy fetches this season, but the enemy painlands aren't a mark against them.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

True, I think it's a good bet that they will be reprinted, especially how it seems like they'll be enabling some sort of three-color aggro. Taplands are OK for control decks, but not for aggro decks.

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008
Guesses for the Temur mechanic? I want Landfall

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

RubberJohnny posted:

Guesses for the Temur mechanic? I want Landfall

Nah, there's only going to be two returning mechanics and delve and morph are taken. It's probably going to have something to do with having the biggest creature on the battlefield.

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008
Technically Delve has never existed before and therefore isn't returning because Future Sight was looking into the future, so...

Also I copied Zoraks land collector post for /r/magictcg, I hope he doesn't mind.

DoctorOozy
Jun 22, 2013

Like you get in packing paper?

Mezzanon posted:

Hey can anybody find printable versions of those Rat PAck Pack Rat tokens? My girlfriend just discovered this pun and she loving LOVES it! SO if anybody can help me find printable versions of the Rat Pack Pack Rat tokens (or if they can help me find a way to make my own token templates to add a picture to I would be very appreciative. My google-fu is weak :( )

Do you mean these? https://imgur.com/a/YAsqz if so just copy the images into word/openoffice and make them about 65mm wide, they will print fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

What a Judas posted:

Don't hold your breath for this.

There is no possible way a large set can sustain a land about $30 with standard playable mythics. I just don't see it. The EV on cracking boxes would be better than what they sell for and thus drive the price down.

Also this set is going to be opened so much, people who normally do not buy boxes are going to just because of fetches, and every modern/legacy player is going to draft the gently caress out of this set. Come Christmas we'll not be paying more than $15 for blue fetches.

jassi007 fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Aug 31, 2014

• Locked thread