Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ardennes
May 12, 2002

poptart_fairy posted:

sjw is someone who spends more time yelling angrily and attacking others than actually doing anything constructive about important social issues

for some reason people have become obsessed with trying to 'reclaim' the word and use its existence as an excuse to never actually address arguments attached to the phrase

It is probably because people started just using everything they didn't like and it watered down until it became more culture-war poo poo. It isn't like most of the people using it now actually give a poo poo about social issues anyway.

Ardennes fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Aug 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Oh poo poo. Well, I just went looking for this so I hope it helps anyway. This at least proves quite a few of them talk to eatchother and have an "agenda" of a sort.

Now let's reconcile the fact that all these social butterfly day walker gamer+rs and journalists involved in this buy and use cocaine which goes straight towards organizations chopping off peoples limbs. lol now watch as we wag our fingers at tween boys and shut-ins for tweeting that samus is sexy! you're on the wrong side of history!

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

i can tell this picture is bullshit because there are only two people from kotaku on it

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Ardennes posted:

It is probably because people started just using everything they didn't like and it watered down the word until it became more culture-war poo poo. It isn't like most of the people using it now actually give a poo poo about social issues anyway.

this is why i switch off when misogyny gets used in the context of simple ol' sexism or ignorance

diluting a word intended for hatred and deliberate belittlement of women is a pretty far loving cry from some horny dude drawing his girl in a bikini

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

fisting by many posted:

i can tell this picture is bullshit because there are only two people from kotaku on it

3 theres apparently a UK kotaku.

Just put up KOTAKU and you're good to go.
Then link to the best breasts in anime kotaku article when people click on it

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Al Borland posted:

3 theres apparently a UK kotaku.

Just put up KOTAKU and you're good to go.
Then link to the best breasts in anime kotaku article when people click on it

link to this instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWEiccW5l4Q

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

oh poo poo thats a goodo ne too.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
i was super confused when kotaku went from anime titties 24/7 to paying lipservice to women in bideo james like, overnight

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
man there's a lot of tumblr hens and beta nerds being mad over their kulturkampf machine falling apart

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

Neurolimal posted:

i was super confused when kotaku went from anime titties 24/7 to paying lipservice to women in bideo james like, overnight
blog posts about having the sex on an anime body pillow or w/e

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

reposting because who cares about a loser gettin cucked.

I couldn't find fat lady who makes wierd games and her kotaku lover though.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

I'm Crap posted:

blog posts about having the sex on an anime body pillow or w/e

I think it was a Sonic the Hedgehog bed.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

i almost bought this used because it was five bucks and from a cursory glance at the box it just seemed normal japan-level

that would have been weird!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Triple A posted:

man there's a lot of tumblr hens and beta nerds being mad over their kulturkampf machine falling apart

Um excuse me but I think this forum has a rule that your posts have to be in English. Just saiyin' to help you out on the something awful forums. :)

ProfessorGroove
Jun 10, 2006

by Ion Helmet
I really hate this forum can I just be banned?

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

ProfessorGroove posted:

I really hate this forum can I just be banned? :toxx:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ProfessorGroove posted:

I really hate this forum can I just be banned?

NO dont you have so much to live for

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Man Whore posted:

reposting because who cares about a loser gettin cucked.

I couldn't find fat lady who makes wierd games and her kotaku lover though.

LOL who the fucj would read all that poo poo

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Captain Invictus posted:

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EN82zVVQvM

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

V. Informative. Thank you.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Captain Invictus posted:

who the gently caress would read 262 pages of this fukin thread

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

The same guy

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Man Whore posted:

who the gently caress would read 262 pages of this fukin thread

Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

hello are you a gamer?

no no sir that is a SLUR i am a proud ludophile

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

:lol: gbs is so scared that something might accidentally be perceived as taken seriously.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Oh poo poo. Well, I just went looking for this so I hope it helps anyway. This at least proves quite a few of them talk to eatchother and have an "agenda" of a sort.

So let me get this straight, "gamers are dead" is a meme now because a bunch of agenda driven gaming writers have agreed to say so? That's a pretty myopic, self deluded world, right there. What's the end game here? Just because more women are buying the Kardashian game or Candy Crush or whatever doesn't mean the rest of a multi-million dollar industry is going to vanish just because a bunch of sjw writers wish it.

At the end of the day this is all about money, just like everything else in this world. Gaming journalists aren't the sharks of this enterprise, they're those sucker fish attached to them. They don't generate the money or create the content, they leach onto scraps that the content providers feed them. They've deluded themselves into thinking that they have some kind of moral captaincy in an industry that involves moving pixels of light. Thought leaders don't consistently give 9.5s and 9.6s to lovely games made by the same people that give them money for advertising. The delusion of this insulated bunch is both difficult to behold and hilarious to watch.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

XK posted:

:lol: gbs is so scared that something might accidentally be perceived as taken seriously.

No you see people laugh when I post "lol who cares" once every page!
I do care, please love me

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

The hacks are coming from inside the pizzeria.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Automatic Slim posted:

So let me get this straight, "gamers are dead" is a meme now because a bunch of agenda driven gaming writers have agreed to say so? That's a pretty myopic, self deluded world, right there. What's the end game here? Just because more women are buying the Kardashian game or Candy Crush or whatever doesn't mean the rest of a multi-million dollar industry is going to vanish just because a bunch of sjw writers wish it.

At the end of the day this is all about money, just like everything else in this world. Gaming journalists aren't the sharks of this enterprise, they're those sucker fish attached to them. They don't generate the money or create the content, they leach onto scraps that the content providers feed them. They've deluded themselves into thinking that they have some kind of moral captaincy in an industry that involves moving pixels of light. Thought leaders don't consistently give 9.5s and 9.6s to lovely games made by the same people that give them money for advertising. The delusion of this insulated bunch is both difficult to behold and hilarious to watch.

do you seriously think these "journalists" have any self-awareness or real intelligence? most of these "journalists" think they are smart because they got a fancy-rear end college degree in whatever form of cultural marxism is popular these days

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
if i've got like 100 hours of tf2 logged, approximately how many rapes does that equal?

i'm filing out a job application and i don't want to lie when it asks how many felonies i've committed

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Triple A posted:

do you seriously think these "journalists" have any self-awareness or real intelligence? most of these "journalists" think they are smart because they got a fancy-rear end college degree in whatever form of cultural marxism is popular these days

Nah, I just think you have finite and cliquish group of people who have mistaken their own myopic subculture as something relevant and beneficial for the rest of the world. And that is hilarious.

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Aug 31, 2014

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Neurolimal posted:

The best part is they still have those articles linked right next to the lip service on ads right next to it lol.

whatis posted:

if i've got like 100 hours of tf2 logged, approximately how many rapes does that equal?

i'm filing out a job application and i don't want to lie when it asks how many felonies i've committed

There are no women in TF2 so only equality has been raped.
Which is not a crime in the US.

The real question is how many hours of League of legends do you have logged in and how many female champions do you own?

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Aug 31, 2014

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

whatis posted:

Please refer to this list:

One kill of a male player = 0.10 rapes
One kill of a female player = 0.50 rapes
The domination of one male player = 0.25 rapes
The domination of one female player = 1 rape
In Multi-kills the difference between male victims and female victims is the amount of rapes

Infurnus
Nov 4, 2009

I challenge you to a DEADMATCH, where we will fight... TO THE DEAD!

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

That really is the best thing about this. Gaming for me won't change in any way shape or form. My friends and I don't care we just like to watch the fallout and laugh.

Karpaw
Oct 29, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Gamers are dead, the Vanguard of the Progressive People's Front has won.

Until one month from now, when there will be a new shitstorm of articles and blog posts fuming about how the new Call of Duty has a female character with D-cups.

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
Why are they making this worse for themselves at every opportunity?

The news first breaks. It starts being posted. You can allow it or delete it. It might be bad if the former happens but the internet doesn't pay attention to anything longer than a day, no one will know outside of 4chan if the latter happens. They choose to allow it, but delete all comments so it hits the front page of one of the biggest sites on the internet with everyone wondering 'What's this topic about, why does it have 20,000 deleted comments?'. People who wouldn't have cared now care because that's not normal, and everyone loves a good Streisand Effect. Let the internet know something is taboo and they never let it go.

Then a bunch of journalists come together and start gamer-shaming at the same time and suddenly everyone starts looking at them. If they had all just kept quiet the whole mess would have avoided them entirely, but now people are connecting the dots between those journalists and everyone already involved in the mess and it's so much worse for all of them.

:psyduck: Why are they doing this to themselves? Do none of them have a PR guy? They're stoking the fires and it's not in their best interest to do so.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Jesto posted:

Why are they making this worse for themselves at every opportunity?

The news first breaks. It starts being posted. You can allow it or delete it. It might be bad if the former happens but the internet doesn't pay attention to anything longer than a day, no one will know outside of 4chan if the latter happens. They choose to allow it, but delete all comments so it hits the front page of one of the biggest sites on the internet with everyone wondering 'What's this topic about, why does it have 20,000 deleted comments?'. People who wouldn't have cared now care because that's not normal, and everyone loves a good Streisand Effect. Let the internet know something is taboo and they never let it go.

Then a bunch of journalists come together and start gamer-shaming at the same time and suddenly everyone starts looking at them. If they had all just kept quiet the whole mess would have avoided them entirely, but now people are connecting the dots between those journalists and everyone already involved in the mess and it's so much worse for all of them.

:psyduck: Why are they doing this to themselves? Do none of them have a PR guy? They're stoking the fires and it's not in their best interest to do so.

they are video games journalists, border-line retarded people who have made 1 right decision (relatively) in their lives which helped them avoid stacking shelves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Hey.

Hey.

Just wanted to say I don't care about this thread or the drama within. Just thought you guys would like to know that because that's far more entertaining than whatever's happening in this thread.

Fart.

• Locked thread