Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pitlo
Dec 30, 2004

You won't get anything
done by planning.

Decrepus posted:

Ah yes. Scrambled eggs with pasteurized process cheese food and ham with 20% flavor enhancing solution.

THAT is what you're gonna mention is ridiculous?

In this thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Usual Barb
Aug 27, 2005

pop it and lock it

Decrepus posted:

Ah yes. Scrambled eggs with pasteurized process cheese food and ham with 20% flavor enhancing solution.

Yeah go all food snob in the thread where people are heating nacho cheese in coffee makers

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I've only ever ate scrambled eggs with ground pepper. It's never occurred to me that you could add anything else to it.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Squallege posted:

I've only ever ate scrambled eggs with ground pepper. It's never occurred to me that you could add anything else to it.

:stare: Your morning breakfasts must be extremely sad. Try adding tomato,onion and fresh serrano peppers. Mexican style huevos revueltos.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

Squallege posted:

Lifehack: Scrambled eggs are a very versatile, delicious and nutritious dish. Mix and choose as you wish among ingredients such as cheese, chives, mushrooms, onions, pepper & anything you can dream of!

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

pitlo posted:

THAT is what you're gonna mention is ridiculous?

In this thread?

Do you mix poo poo in with your scrambled eggs? Look at this fuckin' goon.

pitlo
Dec 30, 2004

You won't get anything
done by planning.

Decrepus posted:

Do you mix poo poo in with your scrambled eggs? Look at this fuckin' goon.

Want flavorful eggs? Find a patch of cement that has bird poo poo on it and cook your eggs right on top using a magnifying glass. Great food and no dirty dishes!

Yeti Yeti Yeti
Mar 27, 2010

bringmyfishback posted:

Got a boring old sweatshirt? turn it into a skirt that looks like you just got your period in math class and you're trying to hide it!

http://www.kollabora.com/projects/diy-sweatshirt-skirt-sleeves-tied-front

The best part about this is that this isn't even just an easy thing where they tied a sweater around their waste; if it were a low-effort thing, it'd at least be forgivable. But this is a project that takes effort to actually cut up a sweater and sew its parts back into this... thing.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

Recently I acknowledged that I'm guilty of saving all of my delivery packets (ketchup, soy, etc) like my mom does. All of it was contained in a baggie in my fridge which I gifted to a friend (along with a check) when she got married. A good foundation is the success to any household.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

fork bomb posted:

Recently I acknowledged that I'm guilty of saving all of my delivery packets (ketchup, soy, etc) like my mom does. All of it was contained in a baggie in my fridge which I gifted to a friend (along with a check) when she got married. A good foundation is the success to any household.

You gave your friend a frozen bag of delivery ketchup and soy sauce packets when she got married?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Squallege posted:

Tomato, onion, and fresh serranos as mentioned.

But also chives and smoked salmon.

What a sad breakfast you must eat.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Throatwarbler posted:

You gave your friend a frozen bag of delivery ketchup and soy sauce packets when she got married?

Just imagine like a bride and a groom standing and shaking all the guests hands, being handed money envelopes when the goon guest walks up and smiles warmly and hands them a dripping bag of frozen Burger King ketchup. "Congrats you two, I....I wanted to give you this"

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
When my friends got married I gave them an amazing velvet portrait of Elvis crying as a joke. I had ordered them a different thing but it was back ordered on Amazon.

Let's just say they use that 200 dollar mixer like once a year to make Christmas cookies and the loving Elvis is the first thing you see when you walk into their home, proudly displayed above a fireplace next to a collection of Pillsbury Doughboy memorabilia.

People have weird friends is what I'm saying I guess.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Need to cut ingredients up really small for scrambled eggs? Try a knife! The sharp "blade" cleanly slices through most foods with ease, and it's much more convenient to wash than a pizza cutter.

Squallege posted:

Tired of bland food? Try combining foods you like with other foods you like. WARNING: Some foods taste fine separately but do not go well together.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Squallege posted:

What country do you live in? Don't they have Denny's there? :ohdear:

I'm not gonna tease you because I'm too sad about this. Yes, you can add stuff to your scrambled eggs. It doesn't have to be an omelet to get special treatment, in case that's what was holding you back.

Lifehack: Learn about yummy foods and drinks around the world as a side dish (hah!) to posting in PYF threads. :chef:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Squallege, in recompense for how sad you've made us, I humbly ask that you cook up some scrambled eggs with something other than ground pepper in them and post the results in this thread.

Please don't make us keep living with the knowledge that you're eating sad, sad eggs :ohdear:

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
loving great how concerned goons are about eggs.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Baracula posted:

loving great how concerned goons are about eggs.

Nice contribution; goes well with your rap sheet. :D

Speaking of eggs, WTF is going on here? :barf:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Karma Monkey posted:

What? You've never had need for a naked bouncy egg?

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

Karma Monkey posted:

It's an egg without the shell. I'm not sure what is shocking here.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Karma Monkey posted:

That actually looks kind of awesome.
But... it's still a raw egg. You can't do anything with it in that state, surely?
Maybe you could boil it, I guess, but what benefit would you really get from having dissolved the shell?

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Karma Monkey posted:

A very common science class project for 7 year olds?

It feels like a jello egg but is still technically raw. See also: "cooking" eggs by mixing them with everclear.

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.

The_White_Crane posted:

But... it's still a raw egg. You can't do anything with it in that state, surely?
Maybe you could boil it, I guess, but what benefit would you really get from having dissolved the shell?

It's a type of pickled egg, the vinegar dissolves the calcium in the shell and then goes in and denatures the proteins, basically cooking the egg with acid. That's the theory anyway, I think most pickled egg recipes recommend heating as well either for consistency or health reasons.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

The_White_Crane posted:

I've seen that brought up before in those "fun science experiments to do with the kids" things. It's basically just a neat thing that you can use to teach kids about some of the basics of chemistry, osmosis being the big one, as there's only the thin membrane protecting the unshelled egg, and how elements react. Just be careful and bounce them outside?

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

El Estrago Bonito posted:

A very common science class project for 7 year olds?

It feels like a jello egg but is still technically raw. See also: "cooking" eggs by mixing them with everclear.

Ok, so no one actually eats them, right? I found this under "food life hacks," not "children's science projects," which is why I was so grossed out. It still looks nasty, but I could see kids having fun with this.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Karma Monkey posted:

Ok, so no one actually eats them, right? I found this under "food life hacks," not "children's science projects," which is why I was so grossed out. It still looks nasty, but I could see kids having fun with this.

People do eat pickled eggs, but in this case no this is just a science project that produces a fun thing for a kid to poke at for ten minutes.

Sneaksie Taffer
Sep 21, 2009

The_White_Crane posted:

A great demonstration for you grade-school science classes about chemical changes.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

People do eat pickled eggs, but in this case no this is just a science project that produces a fun thing for a kid to poke at for ten minutes.

Yea I've eaten pickled eggs before, but they were never translucent or super bouncy. We use peeled boiled eggs. This one definitely did not belong in the food hacks section.

Hey, whadya know, more EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHACKS:

Because nothing says breakfast like overcooked eggs and half-raw bacon! YUMMO!

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

You could probably boil it afterwards, and not have to worry about peeling off the shell.

Or soak it in vinegar after you've boiled it, so you don't risk it bursting in the water.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

You're supposed to add a little vinegar to egg poaching water, right? I never knew that was why. Presumably it helps them to not break.

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011

Hummingbirds posted:

You're supposed to add a little vinegar to egg poaching water, right? I never knew that was why. Presumably it helps them to not break.

It denatures the protein on contact so that the outside of the egg is immediately cooked essentially.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Don't know how to poach an egg? Just dump it in a greased pan and stir it around till it's cooked.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

twoday posted:

Don't know how to poach an egg? Just dump it in a greased pan and stir it around till it's cooked.

Woah, there, slugger. Grease and a pan? Um, tell me how to do this with what normal people have on hand: paper plates, leftover sporks from KFC, and ketchup packets.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkPqgWRCMHE

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Karma Monkey posted:

Yea I've eaten pickled eggs before, but they were never translucent or super bouncy. We use peeled boiled eggs. This one definitely did not belong in the food hacks section.

Hey, whadya know, more EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHACKS:

Because nothing says breakfast like overcooked eggs and half-raw bacon! YUMMO!

To be perfectly honest, were those cooked properly, that would be a great idea. You'd probably want to cook the bacon first so it was almost finished, then fill the cups with an egg mixture.

Or maybe I just feel that way because I didn't have breakfast.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

bringmyfishback posted:

To be perfectly honest, were those cooked properly, that would be a great idea. You'd probably want to cook the bacon first so it was almost finished, then fill the cups with an egg mixture.

Or maybe I just feel that way because I didn't have breakfast.

Yeah, I could see those being really good actually. Would need to see the actual recipe for the timing.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
The presentation's cute, but its not like it does anything to improve the bacon and eggs as a whole. You just end up with bacon and eggs, neither of which was cooked in a optimal way. Just make a drat quiche.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Minarch posted:

The presentation's cute, but its not like it does anything to improve the bacon and eggs as a whole. You just end up with bacon and eggs, neither of which was cooked in a optimal way. Just make a drat quiche.

Yup, that was my thinking too. If Life Hacks are meant to be a way of doing things quicker, easier, better, or cheaper, it fails on all counts.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I mean I guess I get the logic behind it. Instead of cooking bacon and then eggs separately, you put them together and make them at the same time. But if you had any prior knowledge on how to cook things at all then you would know that cooking things simultaneously is possible. Lifehackers do not know this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I would guess its more a presentation thing. The little bacon-holders look neater than just bacon and eggs on a plate.

Though that still moves it out of lifehack territory and into "Are you a professional cook" territory.