Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Hey.

Hey.

Just wanted to say I don't care about this thread or the drama within. Just thought you guys would like to know that because that's far more entertaining than whatever's happening in this thread.

Fart.
im sorry youre going to have to make 20 more identical unfunny posts telling us just how much you dont care before i will truly believe you dont care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
poo poo like this is why brown people fly aircraft into our buildings

and I agree with it

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Al Borland posted:

There are no women in TF2 so only equality has been raped.
Which is not a crime in the US.

The announcer is a womyn. This is even worse since they admit the existance of womyn in the game world but do not allow them to be active agents in it. They have raped her ability to act. The newest tf2 video depicts a new womyn character who is solely an object of one of the other character's rape fantasies. Why hasn't Sarkeesian sounded off on this one? It's been like two months already.

This is not to mention all the custom character models that have been going on since 2007. Touhou Fortress is a thing. More like girl child rape fortress simulator. With anime.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Geeze do these people ever step away from Twitter?

https://twitter.com/the_moviebob

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

hahahaha

no

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

The Dennis System posted:

What hobby should people care about instead of video games? Golf or some poo poo?

yes in this binary black and white world you are only given two choices video games or golf

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I lost most of my interest in games a long time ago. I'm just here to enjoy the show. :shrug:

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Jesto posted:

:psyduck: Why are they doing this to themselves? Do none of them have a PR guy?

apparently they all have the same PR lady and holy poo poo she's loving terrible and has turned basically nothing into a category 5 poo poo hurricane

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

except phil fish. Bring back the fish :smith:

So that gamers+ thing is an actual thing ? jesus, poe's law.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

cock hero flux posted:

apparently they all have the same PR lady and holy poo poo she's loving terrible and has turned basically nothing into a category 5 poo poo hurricane

bad pub is still pub, checkmate losers :smug:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Can someone summarize this situation? It seems like it's extremely dramatic and fast changing since the people involved are crazy and are constantly adding new fuel to the fire, plus this thread is a lot more nouveau GBS than most.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Professor Shark posted:

Can someone summarize this situation? It seems like it's extremely dramatic and fast changing since the people involved are crazy and are constantly adding new fuel to the fire, plus this thread is a lot more nouveau GBS than most.

a minor scandal was mishandled so badly that all the people involved are currently telling all of the people who give them money that they're shitheads and they hate them

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Neurolimal posted:

sjw became a useless stand-in for feminazi within like, 1/5th of a femtosecond of its creation, only diff is that there's a tiny group of bored middle-class people on tumblr saying dumb poo poo to make the people using it feel validated

lol i'm convinced you aren't a real person, you're some sort of illusion composed of poo poo you read without actually understanding then regurgitate later. you posted the exact same retard attempt at dismissal every other clueless moron uses because they don't actually understand the criticism or literally are a sjw themselves. go check out the little enclaves of LF that still exist on the site and you'll see the exact argument almost word for word pop up whenever the topic comes up

also "tiny group" lol

Professor Shark posted:

game dev cheated repeatedly on her boyfriend with games journalists, boyfriend posted all the details to the internet after they broke up, kicked off a huge outrage about games journalism since lots of gamers were already upset about lovely journalism and corruption, games journalism outright refused to cover the story despite covering other similar stories in the past, which threw the streisand effect into overdrive. phil fish. more poo poo gets dug up about zoe quinn's activity, turns out she'd been trying to shut down other actually feminist groups and events, she double downs on not negotiating with terrorists. game journalists begin showing outright contempt for their userbase and collaborate to write articles explaining how the term "gamer" is now a slur. the suits get mad and yell at their employees for loving things up.

pax is going on right now so more might happen

basically:

cock hero flux posted:

a minor scandal was mishandled so badly that all the people involved are currently telling all of the people who give them money that they're shitheads and they hate them

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Brannock posted:

lol i'm convinced you aren't a real person, you're some sort of illusion composed of poo poo you read without actually understanding then regurgitate later. you posted the exact same retard attempt at dismissal every other clueless moron uses because they don't actually understand the criticism or literally are a sjw themselves. go check out the little enclaves of LF that still exist on the site and you'll see the exact argument almost word for word pop up whenever the topic comes up

also "tiny group" lol

game dev cheated repeatedly on her boyfriend with games journalists, boyfriend posted all the details to the internet after they broke up, kicked off a huge outrage about games journalism since lots of gamers were already upset about lovely journalism and corruption, games journalism outright refused to cover the story despite covering other similar stories in the past, which threw the streisand effect into overdrive. phil fish. more poo poo gets dug up about zoe quinn's activity, turns out she'd been trying to shut down other actually feminist groups and events, she double downs on not negotiating with terrorists. game journalists begin showing outright contempt for their userbase and collaborate to write articles explaining how the term "gamer" is now a slur. the suits get mad and yell at their employees for loving things up.

pax is going on right now so more might happen

basically:

links please and thank you for the write up dudes

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Professor Shark posted:

links please and thank you for the write up dudes

If you have some time, watch this guy's 3 recent "Quinnspiracy" videos, in chronological order or else it will probably be hard to follow:
https://www.youtube.com/user/InternetAristocrat/videos

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Laputanmachine posted:

The announcer is a womyn. This is even worse since they admit the existance of womyn in the game world but do not allow them to be active agents in it. They have raped her ability to act. The newest tf2 video depicts a new womyn character who is solely an object of one of the other character's rape fantasies. Why hasn't Sarkeesian sounded off on this one? It's been like two months already.

This is not to mention all the custom character models that have been going on since 2007. Touhou Fortress is a thing. More like girl child rape fortress simulator. With anime.

Because sark probably hasn't found someone else who has recorded footage of video games being played for her yet.

Its funny she doesn't even play video games.

e:

Haha SA wasnt even mentioned on websites that hate each other.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Aug 31, 2014

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Al Borland posted:

Because sark probably hasn't found someone else who has recorded footage of video games being played for her yet.

Its funny she doesn't even play video games.

e:

Haha SA wasnt even mentioned on websites that hate each other.

that video where she's like 'i don't even play video games, i don't like video games' is just pure :eyepop:

not gonna lie. i'm jealous that i didn't think of 'tell nerds basic feminism poo poo in quick youtube videos' as a cash cow.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Milky Moor posted:

that video where she's like 'i don't even play video games, i don't like video games' is just pure :eyepop:

not gonna lie. i'm jealous that i didn't think of 'tell nerds basic feminism poo poo in quick youtube videos' as a cash cow.

it's hilarious how blatantly she's in it for the beta nerd money

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
The sad thing is. If people had just ignored her instead of raging about it. She wouldn't have gotten any traction.

Also I will give her credit for still putting them out. She's at least committed to pissing people off.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

video games are apparently so utterly irrelevant that they're literally the final boss of feminism

this should tell you a thing or two about the relevance of this brand of feminism

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

This fool obviously isn't aware of Anime. As long as the anime is safe the patriarchy will continue to flourish.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

This fool obviously isn't aware of Anime. As long as the anime is safe the patriarchy will continue to flourish.

They can't crush anime though its too embedded. Everyone has tried, those roots go too deep in the manchild core.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

can you imagine how absolutely massive the parade of normally clothed women in the streets of downtown riyadh, saudi arabia will be when games are finally destroyed

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

The Brown Menace posted:

can you imagine how absolutely massive the parade of normally clothed women in the streets of downtown riyadh, saudi arabia will be when games are finally destroyed

I hear for the celebrations they'll be giving free FGMs for all women! (Female Genital Mutilation)

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Someone get Derek Yu to make a spiritual sequel to I'm O.K. based on this.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Poz my neg gamer rear end

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Master trolling here from AC $ullivan

Nion
Jun 8, 2008

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

This is hilarious. A day after having to abruptly stop calling everyone who disagreed with him pathetic fat virgins, subhuman vermin, and so on, because his boss forced him to apologize, Moviebob is acting like he is, and has always been, an opponent of tribalism and fortress mentality.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Anyone who defines themselves by the way they spend money is an annoying fuckhead.

It doesn't matter if you're a "gamer" or a "Pro Poker player" or a "Birder". No one likes that guy.

Also if you took any of the Tropes v Women videos and replaced Sarkeezy with Charlie Brooker, they'd have to hire a dumptruck to deliver all the BAFTA's they'd be trying to jam into his hands.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

we might be witnessing the death of an identity.

that identity? people who care about this thread

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
Gaming journalism is dead and now the gaming "journalists" want to get their revenge

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Triple A posted:

it's hilarious how blatantly she's in it for the beta nerd money

people get really lovely when you point out this sort of thing about her. but it's, like, anita's job and career and it's pretty clear that that is how she views it - a way to make money and recognition.

but the thing is, the fact that she isn't a gamer is what allows her to point all this poo poo out how she does. it's a good thing. you don't need to be a gamer to be able to say, hey, there's issues in video games. i mean, it'd be better if she did actually play the games and use her own footage but whatever.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Someone go through one of these articles and pretend its 1989 and replace all references to video games, gamers and gaming journalism with Heavy Metal, Metal Heads and metal journalists

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I lost most of my interest in games a long time ago. I'm just here to enjoy the show. :shrug:

and boy, what a show

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

I used to read a lot of rps. Then it got kind of lovely and i stopped.

edit: is anything of note actually going to happen at pax. Or will this just peter out with blog posts insulting their audience dwindling as time goes bye.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Milky Moor posted:

people get really lovely when you point out this sort of thing about her. but it's, like, anita's job and career and it's pretty clear that that is how she views it - a way to make money and recognition.

but the thing is, the fact that she isn't a gamer is what allows her to point all this poo poo out how she does. it's a good thing. you don't need to be a gamer to be able to say, hey, there's issues in video games. i mean, it'd be better if she did actually play the games and use her own footage but whatever.

baby steps, maybe she can start with crediting the longplay footage she uses in her videos

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
This whole affair has been a glorious illustration of Sayre's law. Bunch of bottom feeding, USI assholes squabbling over the Internet about who hosed who, either physically or metaphorically.

Meanwhile, normal people go about their lives as usual. :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Jesto posted:

Why are they making this worse for themselves at every opportunity?

The news first breaks. It starts being posted. You can allow it or delete it. It might be bad if the former happens but the internet doesn't pay attention to anything longer than a day, no one will know outside of 4chan if the latter happens. They choose to allow it, but delete all comments so it hits the front page of one of the biggest sites on the internet with everyone wondering 'What's this topic about, why does it have 20,000 deleted comments?'. People who wouldn't have cared now care because that's not normal, and everyone loves a good Streisand Effect. Let the internet know something is taboo and they never let it go.

Then a bunch of journalists come together and start gamer-shaming at the same time and suddenly everyone starts looking at them. If they had all just kept quiet the whole mess would have avoided them entirely, but now people are connecting the dots between those journalists and everyone already involved in the mess and it's so much worse for all of them.

:psyduck: Why are they doing this to themselves? Do none of them have a PR guy? They're stoking the fires and it's not in their best interest to do so.

• Locked thread