Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

The Brown Menace posted:

baby steps, maybe she can start with crediting the longplay footage she uses in her videos

Come on, if it was Yahtzee talking over that footage about general gaming news no-one would have given two shits about credits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9NnwRkOIz8

based tyrone delivers yet again

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Carecat posted:

Come on, if it was Yahtzee talking over that footage about general gaming news no-one would have given two shits about credits.

I still remember when a Goonette detailed how she had purchased Yahtzee his ugly fedora hat when they were dating and about how he eventually had to throw it away because he wore it so often and long that it slowly began to mold and fall apart. :barf:

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I lost my spaghetti :allears:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I still remember when a Goonette detailed how she had purchased Yahtzee his ugly fedora hat when they were dating and about how he eventually had to throw it away because he wore it so often and long that it slowly began to mold and fall apart. :barf:

same goonette also went into a big thing about how she wasn't going to talk about him then went on about how they hosed

Bifner McDoogle
Mar 31, 2006

"Life unworthy of life" (German: Lebensunwertes Leben) is a pragmatic liberal designation for the segments of the populace which they view as having no right to continue existing, due to the expense of extending them basic human dignity.

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Yahtzee also created a gamer-themed restaurant called the Beta bar, I suspect he may not be a very cool dude.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
this is where I pull out a terrible auto racing analogy and how rednecks are smarter than gamers

there's a racer named Danica Patrick, a woman. racing is a very male dominated world and she has some talent, so she made some waves driving an Indy car, won a race, who gives a poo poo really

well, then she goes to NASCAR, and everyone fawns over her because she's a "woman racer" which I guess is a big deal despite women racing cars since at least the 1940's? I dunno

so everyone worries that the NASCAR hicks will be sexist and it's all over the news, but NASCAR handled the situation right....they let her do her thing and prove to the world that she was a solid 30th place driver, champion of little girls everywhere

now they barely talk about her lol

Infurnus
Nov 4, 2009

I challenge you to a DEADMATCH, where we will fight... TO THE DEAD!

VikingSkull posted:

this is where I pull out a terrible auto racing analogy and how rednecks are smarter than gamers

there's a racer named Danica Patrick, a woman. racing is a very male dominated world and she has some talent, so she made some waves driving an Indy car, won a race, who gives a poo poo really

well, then she goes to NASCAR, and everyone fawns over her because she's a "woman racer" which I guess is a big deal despite women racing cars since at least the 1940's? I dunno

so everyone worries that the NASCAR hicks will be sexist and it's all over the news, but NASCAR handled the situation right....they let her do her thing and prove to the world that she was a solid 30th place driver, champion of little girls everywhere

now they barely talk about her lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1EUJTKAaRs

Forums Barber
Jan 5, 2011
yahtzee made some point and click graphic adventures that were pretty darn fun considering they were like a silent hill type of deal he probably made in college.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

see how bad games are when women are involved

gently caress

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

"Ugh... how can we sell some more copies of our lovely racing game? I need ideas people!"

"Umm.. I have this bad cgi model of Dana Patrick in a car lying around. I used to fap to it."

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

I wasn't expecting that to be straight-up what was described.

Infurnus
Nov 4, 2009

Forums Barber posted:

yahtzee made some point and click graphic adventures that were pretty darn fun considering they were like a silent hill type of deal he probably made in college.

For those who haven't heard of it, the series was called Fedora Spade. Not even joking.

Mulefisk posted:

"Ugh... how can we sell some more copies of our lovely racing game? I need ideas people!"

"Umm.. I have this bad cgi model of Dana Patrick in a car lying around. I used to fap to it."

The sad part is it's actually not a bad game (and also has Wreck it Ralph) :(
I never understood who thought it would be a good idea to put a real world person into a Sega racing game that wasn't Yuji Naka

EDIT: vvvv make an Anita/Zoe Mii if you do, to complete the circle.

Infurnus fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Aug 31, 2014

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Joust posted:

I wasn't expecting that to be straight-up what was described.

Yeah I was expecting a commercial of her playing the game and feigning interest.

edit: Watching that commercial made me really want to get a wii u for mario kart 8.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhV4BDjP0-M

edit: lol geeze. I feel bad for her but I'm glad I'm one of those people that can just laugh poo poo off.

she had a $69 gofundme for this yesterday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aCyCwEj62g

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Aug 31, 2014

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

You're on the wrong side of history numbnuts!

Cycloneman
Feb 1, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT
SISTER FUCKING
I just read through the past like twenty pages. Just a couple quick notes on some dumb stuff that gets consistently posted:

1. Eron Gjoni is not a "jilted ex," nor did he "reveal this after Zoe Quinn dumped him." Eron dumped Zoe.

2. "I want to distinguish between sex without informed consent, and rape. Rape is physically forced sex or sex under duress, and is (in most but not all cases) considerably more traumatic than sex without informed consent. From what I understand, in some jurisdictions both are illegal, but as distinct crimes. I’m uncomfortable with the two being conflated" - Eron Gjoni. In all probability, Zoe just believes she had nonconsensual sex, which is both true and not rape (even in her view, AFAICT).

Infurnus
Nov 4, 2009

Real talk: I lost respect for a LOT of loving people. I guess some people want to see the world burn. Literally.

EDIT: Alternate version of my previous image:

Infurnus fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Aug 31, 2014

fatelvis
Mar 21, 2010

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

edit: lol geeze. I feel bad for her but I'm glad I'm one of those people that can just laugh poo poo off.

she had a $69 gofundme for this yesterday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aCyCwEj62g

So what happened to her then? It's painful to try and sit through either of those videos.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Infurnus posted:

Real talk: I lost respect for a LOT of loving people. I guess some people want to see the world burn. Literally.

It doesn't sound like there's anyone in this situation that would desrve respect in the first place?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Infurnus posted:

The most important lesson of all is to never have respect for anyone involved with video games.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

fatelvis posted:

So what happened to her then? It's painful to try and sit through either of those videos.

apparently a female zoe quinn or anita supporter or sjw or something called her up and called her a slut and told her to hang herself because she made some sort of parody video.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
SJWs vs Gamers

Whoever loses. We laugh.

Infurnus
Nov 4, 2009

Professor Shark posted:

It doesn't sound like there's anyone in this situation that would desrve respect in the first place?

I'll be honest, I was biased when I first heard of a lot of them, like Leigh Alexander, probably fell for the "progressive" BS hook line and sinker. Probably didn't help that I'm pretty much a woman, too.

Mega64 posted:

The most important lesson of all is to never have respect for anyone involved with video games.

TRUE

Guess I learned my lesson. :(

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I get death threats everyday, what is she complaining about. She shook the hornets nest.
:goonsay:

Edit: Comments off, stifling debate.

Tokamak fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Aug 31, 2014

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Mega64 posted:

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
This gave me a laugh.

The patriarchy has corrupted this poor girl.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Mega64 posted:

naw just avoid sausage fest circlejerks

Infurnus
Nov 4, 2009

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

SJWs vs Gamers

Whoever loses. We laugh.

ty

EDIT: ^^^^^ holy poo poo.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

The Brown Menace posted:

naw just avoid sausage fest circlejerks

how does that look for SA

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

XK posted:

If you have some time, watch this guy's 3 recent "Quinnspiracy" videos, in chronological order or else it will probably be hard to follow:
https://www.youtube.com/user/InternetAristocrat/videos

These are awesome, thanks for linking

Monsieur Mango
Apr 29, 2009
Angry uneducated white person
I've been seeing "Gamer" plastered on Coca Cola cans and bottles lately. Won't a multi-billion dollar company that (probably) invested a good amount of money on the gamer brand be pissed that a bunch of self important hipster faggots are now actively campaigning against it?

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

This thread is still going.

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

RIP internet comedy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lexLAjh8fPA

q_q

JustCait
May 28, 2014

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

This gave me a laugh.

The patriarchy has corrupted this poor girl.

First page, some random scandal. Skip to last page, Danicka patrick.... I don't think I'll read the rest. At least this was funny though.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Fathis Munk posted:

I think it's 93% male the last time someone's checked. I don't know the scale used for those bar charts but if I had to guess, we'd be a lot worse then any of those game sites. Really makes u think.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Mulefisk posted:

This game actually owns you idiot

Cycloneman
Feb 1, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT
SISTER FUCKING

Fathis Munk posted:

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/somethingawful.com

JustCait
May 28, 2014

"I used to hate men, until I realized I just hate everybody."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

well I'll be! For once, goons have surpassed my expectations.

Edit: Confidence - Low. hmmmmmmmmm

Tokamak fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Aug 31, 2014

• Locked thread