Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asphyxious

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Seagull posted:

If Avshalom makes a post but Ariel isn't in it, did it really happen?

But Ariel is in all of Avs posts :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom

by Lowtax

Milkfred E. Moore

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

where did you find this picture of me

XyloJW
My dog is yapping, wish he'd quietly cuddle under a blanket

XyloJW
I laughed at cartoon's A minor joke and his new avatar.

Welcome back, wilius.

Avs, don't get a cat to entertain your dog, you will absolutely regret it. They play in different ways, and only one of them will be happy at any time and the other will be resentful and agitated.

Goldstandard, how did laundromat psychos work out? Did they ever actually start their laundry?

Dr spaceman, I'm not sure there will ever come a day when I care about my lawn. I rent and our landlord pays someone to come do it as per the lease, but when I own my own McMansion, paying someone else to care for it will be my precondition.

Avshalom

by Lowtax
vanya puts himself to bed at about 7:30pm every night, and i have to wrap him up in a blanket because he doesn't like having the lights on when he's trying to sleep so he huffs and grunts and sighs until i cover him

Avshalom

by Lowtax
oh my god he just barked in his sleep, i heard this "roff! rrp, rrp, rrp" and when i lifted the blanket off he woke up and blinked at me reproachfully

XyloJW
Oh when my dog doesn't like how bright it is, he burrows his head up under the pillow. My wife does the same.

Avshalom

by Lowtax
see but your dog is normal, vanya insists on being catered to

e: it works out well because he always builds his nest right where my feet go, so when i go to bed he moves up closer to my head and leaves a little warm spot

GoldStandardConure

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Mills posted:

It's an Australian movie that's showing at the cinemas might now and I think you might like it. It seems to be under the radar because no one in this thread has heard of it but it owns.

I've heard of it you mug I just haven't seen it yet.

MysticalMachineGun

Avs, you are babying the poo poo out of vanya. Might want to dial it back a bit because if you ever have other pets or anything else taking your attention vanya ain't gonna be happy.

Avshalom

by Lowtax
but he's so cute

Doctor Spaceman

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

XyloJW posted:

Dr spaceman, I'm not sure there will ever come a day when I care about my lawn. I rent and our landlord pays someone to come do it as per the lease, but when I own my own McMansion, paying someone else to care for it will be my precondition.
spent an hour or so gardening today since the weather was nice, and we'd bought some herbs at the local school fete

but yeah, I was staring at a patch of grass and thinking that maybe it could be a nicer patch of grass, and it felt weird

GoldStandardConure

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

XyloJW posted:

Goldstandard, how did laundromat psychos work out? Did they ever actually start their laundry?

After the lady rocked up with Wolf Creek and filled 6 machines with clothes, they both hosed off again for a good 10 minutes. Wolf Creek came back by himself, and struggled to turn the machines on, and asked me for help so I showed him how to use the machines (despite looking like John Jarratt, he had a heavy European accent). After he turned on 4 of the 6 machines he had filled, he vanished and I didn't see him or the other lady again.

A bunch of other people rocked up and seemed really pissed off that over half of the machines were either being used or just sitting there full of clothes.

I put too much money into the tumble dryer so it had like 15 minutes left to go as I was leaving, so I told a young couple about it and they seemed pretty happy they just scored free tumble drying.

8/10 would go to crazy laundromat again.

MysticalMachineGun

Avshalom posted:

but he's so cute

Objection withdrawn :3:

NPR Journalizard

XyloJW posted:

There are so many better ways to cover bare dirt than grass. Plant ground covers native to your region and chances are that they will take care of themselves. Plant fruit trees so you can harvest them and throw fruit at passing children.

XyloJW
My region is grasslands

NPR Journalizard

XyloJW posted:

My region is grasslands

What state? There has to be some decent options.

Avshalom

by Lowtax
i really do worry that i'm spoiling the dog too much and causing him psychological harm, it's common sense not to treat a dog like a child but tbh that's kind of what i'm doing (i think, i've obvs never had a kid but if i did i'd probably follow a lot of the same principles wrt keeping them entertained and comfortable and mentally stimulated)

part of it is guilt because i occasionally have to leave him alone for up to 5 hours at a time while i go to uni, and i'm aware that after graduation that might increase to anywhere up to ~10 although i'll do my best to make sure it doesn't. i try to pack the rest of his day with as much attention and fun as i can. i honestly don't know how to tell if i'm doing the wrong thing, unless he starts developing behavioural problems or something (right now he's a dream animal, just so well-behaved)

this dog :ohdear:

Avshalom

by Lowtax
how can something so tiny cause me so much angst

Skellybones

For a boring cishet white male cartoon sure is quotable!

Doctor Spaceman

Frogmanv2 posted:

There are so many better ways to cover bare dirt than grass. Plant ground covers native to your region and chances are that they will take care of themselves. Plant fruit trees so you can harvest them and throw fruit at passing children.

oh definitely

the grass in our place is basically a path and a section around the BBQ

Avshalom

by Lowtax
plant red apples, thyme, lavender, oranges, lemons and pomegranates please, also raise some goats, thanks in advance

there ariel are you happy now

NPR Journalizard

Doctor Spaceman posted:

oh definitely

the grass in our place is basically a path and a section around the BBQ

A good use of grass.

Skellybones

Avshalom posted:

plant red apples, thyme, lavender, oranges, lemons and pomegranates please, also raise some goats, thanks in advance

there ariel are you happy now

Make sure you fertilise with blood and bone

Skellybones

(palestinians)

XyloJW

Frogmanv2 posted:

What state? There has to be some decent options.

Oh I was just joking. I live in a transitional area between the Mississippi River valley, the Appalachian mountains, and swampy bayous. We also are absolutely strangled by kudzu.

Avshalom

by Lowtax

XyloJW posted:

Oh I was just joking. I live in a transitional area between the Mississippi River valley, the Appalachian mountains, and swampy bayous. We also are absolutely strangled by kudzu.
:aaaaa:

goats

xylo you need goats

ariel was right

NPR Journalizard

XyloJW posted:

Ohhhhhh that's gotta suck. Do goats even eat that?

Avshalom

by Lowtax

Frogmanv2 posted:

they're like the only things that'll eat it

hail ariel!!

Avshalom

by Lowtax
i'm so excited about this; after almost a year, finally my prophetic dreams have given me something useful

XyloJW
When my brother lived in this region he had a goat

Avshalom

by Lowtax
goats are great, their milk is poo poo but their cheese is good with figs and their meat is superior

quite stretched out

the chillest

Frogmanv2 posted:

goats are THE most efficient way of dealing w/ kudzu

Avshalom

by Lowtax
the worst thing about living in the eastern suburbs is mills

but the second worst thing is it's impossible to buy goat meat around here

Doctor Spaceman

Avshalom posted:

goats are great, their milk is poo poo but their cheese is good with figs and their meat is superior

yeah, goats milk cheese is great

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Aug 31, 2014

Avshalom

by Lowtax
their meat is like aggressive lamb

Avshalom

by Lowtax
i just made a strange but delicious meal from just throwing in whatever

it started with cheap lamb offcuts and eggplant and zucchini

dried beans, onion, shitload of garlic, pretty standard

then, sauvignon blanc out of a goon sack

baby capsicums in three different colours